Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 206219 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:48 - Mar 24 with 2425 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:19 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Your level of empathy is on a par with Theresa May's.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:02 - Mar 24 with 2377 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:48 - Mar 24 by derbyhoop

Your level of empathy is on a par with Theresa May's.

I must be a remainer then

Did not give a shite about those that were not doing too well from the EU and voted to leave and will not again if they get their way and we end up remaining.
Where's your empathy?

I've said it before and will say again May is not failing, she is doing exactly what she set out to do, to feck the people that voted to leave even if it costs her her job.

[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:17]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:20 - Mar 24 with 2350 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:02 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Did not give a shite about those that were not doing too well from the EU and voted to leave and will not again if they get their way and we end up remaining.
Where's your empathy?

I've said it before and will say again May is not failing, she is doing exactly what she set out to do, to feck the people that voted to leave even if it costs her her job.

She agreed a deal that Eurosceptic MPs decided wasn’t Brexity enough. Stop pretending there’s some conspiracy against the brave masses of Brexiteers who would be far better looking, successful and endowed if it wasn’t for the dastardly EU and its secret agents. It’s lame.
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:31 - Mar 24 with 2328 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:20 - Mar 24 by Watford_Ranger

She agreed a deal that Eurosceptic MPs decided wasn’t Brexity enough. Stop pretending there’s some conspiracy against the brave masses of Brexiteers who would be far better looking, successful and endowed if it wasn’t for the dastardly EU and its secret agents. It’s lame.

And there was me thinking you would be denying the first part and show some empathy.
Have another go.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:39]

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:33 - Mar 24 with 2325 viewscolinallcars

I didn't subscribe to the conspiracy theory until John Bercow's intervention now I'm not too sure. Either way, we'll know soon. A curse on David Cameron for putting the country through this.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:46]
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:43 - Mar 24 with 2302 viewsQPR_John

Considering the majority in parliament against her deal, unlike the general belief, there seems to be a large number of MPs who are eurosceptic
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Mar 24 with 2287 viewscolinallcars

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:43 - Mar 24 by QPR_John

Considering the majority in parliament against her deal, unlike the general belief, there seems to be a large number of MPs who are eurosceptic

You were one of the main conspiracy theorists on here. Do you still hold that belief ?
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:55 - Mar 24 with 2274 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Mar 24 by colinallcars

You were one of the main conspiracy theorists on here. Do you still hold that belief ?

Always thought from the morning after the referendum there was a plan to stay in the EU. I would have more respect for MPs if they had had the guts to admit it rather then this rediculous charade we have now.
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:57 - Mar 24 with 2264 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:31 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

And there was me thinking you would be denying the first part and show some empathy.
Have another go.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 21:39]

It’s very sad that in a nation as rich as ours so many struggle to get by.

It’s very dumb to blame the EU for this.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:01 - Mar 24 with 2251 views2Thomas2Bowles

May sure has a way of doing and saying things at the wrong time.
Calling a GE.
No money tree then giving the DUP £M's.
Asking Mp's if the wanted to leave, big shout from the opposition of No
Countered by yes from the tory side.
Slating Mp's in her speech.
Whatever she said to the EU last week.

Dumb or clever

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:10 - Mar 24 with 2229 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:57 - Mar 24 by Watford_Ranger

It’s very sad that in a nation as rich as ours so many struggle to get by.

It’s very dumb to blame the EU for this.

Still no denial then.

You really are so disingenuous, full of insults.

I'm not going to list again the many reasons why people voted to leave.

You just think they are racists, morons and dumb.

I've not made that up, you have repeated them enough times.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 9:06]

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:17 - Mar 24 with 2209 views2Thomas2Bowles

Nice little threat to Tory Mp's that there could be a GE
No way do I think the Tories want that to happen ATM

As much as JC says he wants that, I just can't see them getting a majority, and we will have another hung parliament.

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:53 - Mar 25 with 2053 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:41 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Nah but I guess I could to Dual citizenship/dual nationality. but can't arse to please you.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 20:44]

Not to please me, but in the interests of truth?
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:20 - Mar 25 with 2028 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:53 - Mar 25 by GloryHunter

Not to please me, but in the interests of truth?

What do you want? an affidavit from them on their status and what they voted for?

I've told you what I know from them.

On a side note, I clearly remember around the referendum TV news reports of immigrants now settled from many countries saying too many people were coming here and the UK should be in charge of it's borders and were or going to vote to leave.

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:32 - Mar 25 with 1963 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:10 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Still no denial then.

Mate, I don’t know why you’re so desperate to be the victim but yet again I’ve never said all of any group are racist, dumb or anything else. Some are, of course.

You are correct that there were plenty of reasons to vote Leave. We were conveniently provided with various vague types of Leave so there was intentionally something for everyone.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:43 - Mar 25 with 1935 viewsTHEBUSH

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:20 - Mar 25 by 2Thomas2Bowles

What do you want? an affidavit from them on their status and what they voted for?

I've told you what I know from them.

On a side note, I clearly remember around the referendum TV news reports of immigrants now settled from many countries saying too many people were coming here and the UK should be in charge of it's borders and were or going to vote to leave.

Your making it up as you go along
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:52 - Mar 25 with 1916 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:43 - Mar 25 by THEBUSH

Your making it up as you go along

https://www.politico.eu/article/immigrants-who-voted-for-brexit-luton-migration/

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:22 - Mar 25 with 1883 viewsswisscottage

The fact of the matter is there isn't a majority in parliament for any deal.
There are too many different interests.

SNP and Liberals want to remain and will not vote for any leave deal.
Labour under Corbyn's interest is solely on party politics and orchestrating another GE irrespective of any deal put to parliament.
EGB want hard Brexit be damned the consequences.

The backstop is just being used as an excuse to vote the deal down by those that wouldn't support any deal negotiated by TM. Whilst by the letter of it there could be no unilateral exit from the backstop, at the end of the day the backstop is far problematic for the EU than it is for the UK.

I can understand the SNP and Liberals sticking to their guns based on their manifestos. I can understand the ERG sticking to their guns, but every day I have an ever growing contempt and disgust with Corbyn and Labour who are solely playing party politics contrary to the national interest.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:24 - Mar 25 with 1877 viewskropotkin41

Here's an idea:

Single Transferable Vote referendum. We all get a vote on 1 of 4 options, more or less:

1. No deal Leave immediately. Sort out relations with the EU and the rest of the world after.
2. May's deal as it stands
3. Something around the Labour/Norway+/Customs Union and Single Market option
4. Revoke Article 50 stay, and play our full part in the EU as it stands....... hopefully helping to reform it.

I'd be happy with that. How could any group really complain? Straight away after the new referendum there could even be a temporary Government of National Unity just to see necessary legislation through.

I want to emphasise that I am not a fan of referendums, or Governments, or politicians, or nationalism, or of very much at all except Anarchist Communism and ecology, but this is silly now, an STV referendum would perhaps allow us all to get on with our lives.

Edit. It occurs to me that not everyone will be sad enough to know that under STV you order your preferences and if your first or whichever option doesn't win your vote gets transferred to the next.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 11:27]

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:42 - Mar 25 with 1782 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:24 - Mar 25 by kropotkin41

Here's an idea:

Single Transferable Vote referendum. We all get a vote on 1 of 4 options, more or less:

1. No deal Leave immediately. Sort out relations with the EU and the rest of the world after.
4. Revoke Article 50 stay, and play our full part in the EU as it stands....... hopefully helping to reform it.

I'd be happy with that. How could any group really complain? Straight away after the new referendum there could even be a temporary Government of National Unity just to see necessary legislation through.

I want to emphasise that I am not a fan of referendums, or Governments, or politicians, or nationalism, or of very much at all except Anarchist Communism and ecology, but this is silly now, an STV referendum would perhaps allow us all to get on with our lives.

Edit. It occurs to me that not everyone will be sad enough to know that under STV you order your preferences and if your first or whichever option doesn't win your vote gets transferred to the next.

Great idea.
Our country is fckd match thread on 12:45 - Mar 25 with 1774 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:10 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Still no denial then.

In the same way all Lagers are Beers but not all Beers are Lagers, all Racists voted Leave but not all Leave voters are racist.
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 1731 viewsstevec

I have my own solution.

All Leavers and right wingers move to the US and all democrats and left wingers move to the UK.

We can be positive, wealthy and happy you lot can be negative, poor and happy. Everyone’s a winner.
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:26 - Mar 25 with 1717 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:19 - Mar 25 by stevec

I have my own solution.

All Leavers and right wingers move to the US and all democrats and left wingers move to the UK.

We can be positive, wealthy and happy you lot can be negative, poor and happy. Everyone’s a winner.

Which are the we's and the you's
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 13:36]

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:40 - Mar 25 with 1688 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:02 - Mar 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Where's your empathy?

There were many reasons why people voted Leave.
1. Immigration. But, I'm not convinced many who voted for this reason were prepared to distinguish between EU and non-EU immigrants. The former is falling rapidly while the latter continues at near record levels
2. Austerity. A 2 fingered salute to the Westminster elite. But leaving the EU, especially under a crash-out, no-deal, would make things considerably worse. and that's the Governement's own assessments.
3. £350m per week to the NHS. In your dreams. Shortages of doctors and nurses as EU nationals return to their own countries
4. Take Back Control. - Latest proposal for Irish border is to not bother enforcing it. UK companies export £220bn of goods and services to the EU. Whose rules will they be following post-Brexit?
5. Sovereignty. Complain about EU institutions, while bypassing/ignoring/ criticising Parliament and welcoming a switch from EU decisions , where we are a major player, to WTO rules where we are 1 of 168 countries.

Don't go and tar 16m people with the same brush.

May's failings are largely of her own making. If she hadn't been so insistent on her red lines, there may have been a chance of reaching a consensus on what the UK really wanted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:34 - Mar 25 with 1610 viewsstowmarketrange

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:24 - Mar 25 by kropotkin41

Here's an idea:

I think if people we could actually reform the EU from inside it they wouldn’t have voted to leave it in the first place.
How far did David comeandgone get with his pleading before the referendum?
One by one country told him to go away and think again.
Why would the leaders of countries that stood to gain from our continued membership offer to give us anything that might harm their own prospects?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024