Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 204539 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:48 - May 24 with 2093 viewsloftus77

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:00 - May 24 by aston_hoop

With Tony Pulis as favourite to take over?

Arsene Wenger - nailed on. Ardent Brexiteer,....
Our country is fckd match thread on 12:48 - May 24 with 2090 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:48 - May 24 by loftus77

Arsene Wenger - nailed on. Ardent Brexiteer,....

Ha, very good.
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:14 - May 24 with 2032 viewsR_from_afar

Yeah, why not Boris? I am imagine him delivering speeches to unite this deeply divided nation. After all, it can't be that hard to shoehorn a few "Oh yessshhh" comments into a hotch-potch of Ovid and Plutarch

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:47 - May 24 with 1970 viewsJuzzie

Boris Johnson.... made a pig's ear of being London Mayor and an even worse job of foreign secretary. So bad he makes Prince Philip look like a perfect ambassador.

If this guys becomes PM politics is truly more fked than it is already.

[Post edited 24 May 2019 13:48]
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:22 - May 24 with 1927 viewsTonto

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:47 - May 24 by Juzzie

Boris Johnson.... made a pig's ear of being London Mayor and an even worse job of foreign secretary. So bad he makes Prince Philip look like a perfect ambassador.

If this guys becomes PM politics is truly more fked than it is already.

[Post edited 24 May 2019 13:48]

and suddenly the initials B and J will be more likely to induce a floppy than anything else when uttered...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:31 - May 24 with 1911 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:35 - May 24 by stevec

It's got to be Boris or this mess will just carry on forever.

Labour want an election so give them one, within the next 9 months. The Tories are fcked as it stands, Boris standing on a No Deal platform will obviously polarise things 10 fold but a semi alliance with Farage, even if it's at arms length, will give him a majority and then he we can finally test the resolve of the EU.

Once the EU know we are walking and meaning it,it'll be a different game.

Just out of curiosity, how would you expect BJ to 'finally test the resolve of the EU'?
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:46 - May 24 with 1894 viewsqprxtc

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:20 - May 24 with 1847 viewsElHoop

The Terrible Theresa Days will end up being the Good Old Maydays I fear.

Just when you thought that it couldn't get much worse...... I mean what could possibly go wrong in a leadership election involving that dreadful bunch of Tory MPs?
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:34 - May 24 with 1821 viewsMytch_QPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:20 - May 24 by ElHoop

The Terrible Theresa Days will end up being the Good Old Maydays I fear.

Just when you thought that it couldn't get much worse...... I mean what could possibly go wrong in a leadership election involving that dreadful bunch of Tory MPs?

Interesting that Ukraine just voted in a leader whose previous job was starring in a sit-com as the president.
Meanwhile, there are people abroad who assume (quite rightly) that Boris is a comic creation and not an actual MP.
The more you think about it, you really couldn't make it up - there really are Tories who think BJ is the only man who can beat Corbyn. Still, he is a hero to some*

*Steve C.

PS - they are all fairly hideous, but I reckon Jeremy C*** the best chance of securing backing in a GE (battle of the Jezzas).
[Post edited 24 May 2019 15:36]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:37 - May 24 with 1814 viewscolinallcars

The country will be entering a new Dark Age if Johnson becomes PM. He is likely to call an early General Election to increase the tiny Tory majority before the public has a chance to realise just how awful this bloke is. If I was younger, I'd emigrate.
Our country is fckd match thread on 15:42 - May 24 with 1801 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not a Tory member or voter but if I were I'd go for Andrea Leadsom
Not going to happen but hey ho.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:43 - May 24 with 1797 viewsNorthernr

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:35 - May 24 by stevec

It's got to be Boris or this mess will just carry on forever.

Labour want an election so give them one, within the next 9 months. The Tories are fcked as it stands, Boris standing on a No Deal platform will obviously polarise things 10 fold but a semi alliance with Farage, even if it's at arms length, will give him a majority and then he we can finally test the resolve of the EU.

Once the EU know we are walking and meaning it,it'll be a different game.

You see that's the problem with legal constructs and frameworks - it won't, because it can't be.
Our country is fckd match thread on 16:36 - May 24 with 1736 viewsTacticalR

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:42 - May 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not a Tory member or voter but if I were I'd go for Andrea Leadsom
Not going to happen but hey ho.

According to Tim Shipman's All Out War - How Brexit Sank Britain's Political Class, referred to internally by the Tories as Widow Twãnkey.

Air hostess clique

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:51 - May 24 with 1713 viewsDiscodroids

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:33 - May 24 by paesanu

Isn't Boris a bit too busy what with possibly getting sued for spreading the fake £350m-a-week savings to the likes of you that fell for it?

'the likes of you '.

Beautiful.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:56 - May 24 with 1694 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:36 - May 24 by TacticalR

According to Tim Shipman's All Out War - How Brexit Sank Britain's Political Class, referred to internally by the Tories as Widow Twãnkey.

Heavyweight backing last time she tried to run for leadership.
Our country is fckd match thread on 17:07 - May 24 with 1667 viewsBoston

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:37 - May 24 by colinallcars

The country will be entering a new Dark Age if Johnson becomes PM. He is likely to call an early General Election to increase the tiny Tory majority before the public has a chance to realise just how awful this bloke is. If I was younger, I'd emigrate.

I’m a big advocate for death with dignity as it ‘appens.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:20 - May 24 with 1608 viewscolinallcars

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:07 - May 24 by Boston

I’m a big advocate for death with dignity as it ‘appens.

I've got Dignitas on speed dial.
Our country is fckd match thread on 01:44 - May 25 with 1468 viewsBoston

Fark, the times they are a changing, when I left London it was “bring out yer dead”!

Our country is fckd match thread on 01:48 - May 25 with 1467 viewsBoston

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:36 - May 24 by TacticalR

...and still the, not the labour party and the non conservatives wonder why.

Our country is fckd match thread on 04:05 - May 25 with 1448 viewsstowmarketrange

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:33 - May 24 by paesanu

Isn't Boris a bit too busy what with possibly getting sued for spreading the fake £350m-a-week savings to the likes of you that fell for it?

If we didn’t have to pay £39 billion ransom money to the EU we could have an extra £750 million a week to spend in this country for a year.Or £375 million Every week for 2 years.
Hardly lies really were they?
Our country is fckd match thread on 07:14 - May 25 with 1388 viewsdistortR

may is resigning on the 7th June, which is already a public holiday on the IOM (Senior race day).
So will we get a new one scheduled for the following monday or will they lever the 2 together? senior race-for-the-leadership day?
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:39 - May 25 with 1354 viewsPunteR

Not been following the politics, just found out May is quitting.. why is she quitting? Impossible job or its all too much for her. Cant blame her really .?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:44 - May 25 with 1352 viewsderbyhoop

Neither May's resignation nor the EU elections change the fundamentals. There are still 3 basic options, Leave with a deal, Leave without a deal, Revoke Article 50 and Remain. There isnt a majority for any of them.

The only deal on the table is the one May and the cabinet agreed to in Nov. MPs have rejected it 3 times and would have rejected it as 4th time if it hadn't been pulled.

A no deal, as advocated by the Farage cult and the ERG headbanger would be disastrous for the UK economy. That's not just my personal opinion but that of the OBR, 90% of economists and the money markets. Just look at the exchange rates, where the £ is at 4 month lows against the € and the $. They think no deal, which is the default if nothing else is agreed, is becoming more likely.

Finally, revoke and Remain. That wasn't the will of the people on one day in June 2016. Is ignoring that narrow decision anti democratic or have people changed their minds? The demographics will have changed inn3 years. We know a lot more than we did then. Would a Peoples Vote be anti democratic?

There is a strong let's just get on with it attitude. But, at this point, all we would be getting on with would be Withdrawal. Negotiating trade deals, even just the one we would need with the EU27 is likely to take another 5 years. Then there are the 40+ agreements the EU membership gave us (Japan, Canada, Singapore, Korea, south Africa). Followed by USA, China, India. I wont be here to see the end of those discussions, neither will most of us posters on here.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:30 - May 25 with 1305 viewsBucksRanger

As the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) was set up by the UK Government it is hardly surprising that it overwhelmingly leans towards confirmation of the government viewpoint for remaining in Europe. There are now in excess of 1,000 economists working for, and presumably being paid by, various government departments so, again, not really a surprise that 90% or more of them tow the government line.

"Would a people's vote be anti-democratic?" Would there be another people's vote any day soon if the Remainers had won the vote on 23rd June 2016? Seriously, there wouldn't, would there? We'd be stuck in the EU for another 40+ years. Leavers won the democratic vote in 2016 and that's that though I have no doubt they would win again and by a larger percentage if another vote was held.

As for the GBP exchange rate vs. the USD and EUR. I'm not sure why you would choose a 4 month period to compare exchange rates but on 24th Jan the GBP/EUR rate opened at 1.1488 and is currently 1.1342 - hardly significant. The USD rate on 24th Jan was 1.308 and is currently 1.2715 so lower. I'd put that USD strength down to the good work Donald Trump is doing protecting the US economy rather than worries about Brexit though.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:07 - May 25 with 1281 viewsMytch_QPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:30 - May 25 by BucksRanger

As the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) was set up by the UK Government it is hardly surprising that it overwhelmingly leans towards confirmation of the government viewpoint for remaining in Europe. There are now in excess of 1,000 economists working for, and presumably being paid by, various government departments so, again, not really a surprise that 90% or more of them tow the government line.

"Would a people's vote be anti-democratic?" Would there be another people's vote any day soon if the Remainers had won the vote on 23rd June 2016? Seriously, there wouldn't, would there? We'd be stuck in the EU for another 40+ years. Leavers won the democratic vote in 2016 and that's that though I have no doubt they would win again and by a larger percentage if another vote was held.

As for the GBP exchange rate vs. the USD and EUR. I'm not sure why you would choose a 4 month period to compare exchange rates but on 24th Jan the GBP/EUR rate opened at 1.1488 and is currently 1.1342 - hardly significant. The USD rate on 24th Jan was 1.308 and is currently 1.2715 so lower. I'd put that USD strength down to the good work Donald Trump is doing protecting the US economy rather than worries about Brexit though.

None of us know for certain, but I make you wrong about the result of a second referendum - particularly in the light of British Steel's demise and the warning other companies have sounded about remaining in the UK long term.

Opinion polls have shown that there is the likelihood of a swing to Remain and I think the chances of this increase by the day - that's why Farage and his backers have been galvanised into action. They will do everything they can to avoid a second ref.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024