Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 205994 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:29 - May 26 with 2135 views2Thomas2Bowles

Brexit party smash W Midlands

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:34 - May 26 with 2107 viewsloftboy

London remain politicians saying “London can stop Brexit” do these people realise that the uk extends beyond London and that the rest of the country are saying something different? No doubt the SNP will be calling for indyref2 after romping home in Scotland.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:35 - May 26 with 2107 viewsBucksRanger

Brexit Party top poll in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48417474
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:43 - May 26 with 2076 viewsBucksRanger

Brexit wins in Theresa May's constituency.
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:44 - May 26 with 2073 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:06 - May 26 by loftboy

Looking at the projected forecast, adding up the three parties that have said they will honour the referendum, Brexit party, UKIP and the Tories it comes to over 51%, can we take this as the people’s vote then?

What’s the turnout? 35-40?

It will be declared as some great victory for a two fingers up we won the war Brexit. It simply isn’t when firstly it’s not a referendum and secondly non-voters outnumber hard Brexit parties by 3 to 1.
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:55 - May 26 with 2044 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:44 - May 26 by Watford_Ranger

It will be declared as some great victory for a two fingers up we won the war Brexit. It simply isn’t when firstly it’s not a referendum and secondly non-voters outnumber hard Brexit parties by 3 to 1.

You can’t assume all non voters would vote the same, if you didn’t vote you can’t moan about the results regardless of turnout.

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:58 - May 26 with 2043 viewstraininvain

Side |% of vote|Total votes
Leave |44.90% |6,351,167
Remain |41.04% |5,804,675
Labour |14.06% |1,987,978

BXP |32.17% |4,549,700
Greens + LD |32.99% |4,665,679

As it stands...
Our country is fckd match thread on 00:01 - May 27 with 2038 viewsNed_Kennedys

So the non-voters are all Remain then?

I would suggest the turnout of people who bothered voting are representative of both sides of the argument.
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:13 - May 27 with 2011 views2Thomas2Bowles

You're just making it up as you go along

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:47 - May 27 with 1974 viewsjohncharles

My brain hurts. A party that wants to leave Europe votes to send the most members to the European Parliament

Strong and stable my arse.

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:58 - May 27 with 1967 views2Thomas2Bowles

It's the same split of votes as it was in the referendum, which kills off the bolx of remain that leave voters have changed their minds.

Our country is fckd match thread on 01:20 - May 27 with 1956 viewsBucksRanger

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:58 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's the same split of votes as it was in the referendum, which kills off the bolx of remain that leave voters have changed their minds.

I fear the majority of Remainers are unable to accept the truth of the situation 2T2B.

[Post edited 27 May 2019 1:33]
Our country is fckd match thread on 06:38 - May 27 with 1878 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:01 - May 27 by Ned_Kennedys

So the non-voters are all Remain then?

I would suggest the turnout of people who bothered voting are representative of both sides of the argument.

And I’d suggest they aren’t when there are so many non-voters, just as for years millions of people ripe for Brexit were missed by polls. This is effectively a poll of the 37% arsed to vote in these, which leaves a huge question mark over what a second ref outcome would be.

So many people just weren’t arsed and Farage has done a great job of whipping his *support* (I won’t be rude) into a frenzy over this and got about 1 in 8 to vote for his single issue.

Anyway, a hearty congratulations to The Brexit Party and its supporters. Enjoy the win.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 6:45]
Our country is fckd match thread on 06:42 - May 27 with 1870 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:55 - May 26 by loftboy

You can’t assume all non voters would vote the same, if you didn’t vote you can’t moan about the results regardless of turnout.

I’m not moaning (I voted btw) just saying it would be wrong to draw any serious conclusions from a fragmented result on a tiny turnout. Congratulations to the Brexit Party and its supporters on their win.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:15 - May 27 with 1807 viewsTonto

Basically you can draw whatever conclusions you want from that... perhaps the biggest one you can draw is that the country is still completely split down the middle on this issue. Can both side agree that?

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:17 - May 27 with 1699 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:15 - May 27 by Tonto

Basically you can draw whatever conclusions you want from that... perhaps the biggest one you can draw is that the country is still completely split down the middle on this issue. Can both side agree that?

Interestingly (or maybe not) the turnout in strong leave areas was lower than remain areas yet the Brexit party still got 40%, assuming that those who voted for labour and conservatives are a mixture of leave and remain then at the next election they are going to have to get off the fence and declare where they actually stand on the issue or risk the Lib Dem’s and the Brexit party trouncing them.

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:25 - May 27 with 1692 viewsCaptainPugwash

Harrrrrrharrrrrr...

You got yer arses handed to you on a plate Me Hearties.

Yo Ho!
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:46 - May 27 with 1664 views2Thomas2Bowles

A fair bit of spin going on at the BBC (unsurprisingly)

They are trying to say only The Brexit party and ukip represented leave.

That LD and Greens, Remain and combined have an equal % of the vote to leave.

Well that's just spin, while Labour and Tories did badly, you can't dismiss that they still won seats and in areas on Leave

The Green vote has as much to do with environmental issues than Remaining, so you can only say a % was about to remain, not the whole show.

To me, you can only really trust the vote for the Brexit Party and the LD's on a single issue
and then look where the votes for each side came from.

LD's did best in Gibraltar Kingston and Rich-moaned and Remain London

The rest of England and Wales The Brexit party just about smashed it on their own.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 10:49]

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:31 - May 27 with 1613 viewsSharpy36

I would like to see the totals minus the section of the voters that wont be eligible to vote in the next GE, EU natinonals.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:50 - May 27 with 1525 viewsCaptainPugwash

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:46 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A fair bit of spin going on at the BBC (unsurprisingly)

They are trying to say only The Brexit party and ukip represented leave.

That LD and Greens, Remain and combined have an equal % of the vote to leave.

Well that's just spin, while Labour and Tories did badly, you can't dismiss that they still won seats and in areas on Leave

The Green vote has as much to do with environmental issues than Remaining, so you can only say a % was about to remain, not the whole show.

To me, you can only really trust the vote for the Brexit Party and the LD's on a single issue
and then look where the votes for each side came from.

LD's did best in Gibraltar Kingston and Rich-moaned and Remain London

The rest of England and Wales The Brexit party just about smashed it on their own.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 10:49]

Arrrrrrrr...
Don't quoite unnerstand some 'o it...
If'n I be winnin' a boat race somehoo second an' third bandy togevver an' get joint furst place?
'ow do that work?

Yo Ho!
Our country is fckd match thread on 15:48 - May 27 with 1445 viewsessextaxiboy

Just had big climate change demos yet all of the the Green voters voted for them because they reject Brexit ...
Our country is fckd match thread on 16:48 - May 27 with 1388 viewskensalriser

I don't think this election has told us much we didn't already know except perhaps the Tories are in greater trouble than they might have thought, and that it's most likely the beginning of the end for Corbyn.

I'm actually fine with the result. I'm sad that so many chose to vote for a man I have no doubt is at heart a Neo-fascist, but as a single issue event opportunity for hardcore leavers to express their view, the numbers just don't stack up.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:59 - May 27 with 1365 viewsNed_Kennedys

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:48 - May 27 by kensalriser

I don't think this election has told us much we didn't already know except perhaps the Tories are in greater trouble than they might have thought, and that it's most likely the beginning of the end for Corbyn.

I'm actually fine with the result. I'm sad that so many chose to vote for a man I have no doubt is at heart a Neo-fascist, but as a single issue event opportunity for hardcore leavers to express their view, the numbers just don't stack up.

By the same logic it was also a single issue event opportunity for hardcore remainers to express their view and they didn't bother either.
Our country is fckd match thread on 17:10 - May 27 with 1333 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:59 - May 27 by Ned_Kennedys

By the same logic it was also a single issue event opportunity for hardcore remainers to express their view and they didn't bother either.

YES LD were the main Remain party in this so why did they not win?

As I said before the greens were more about Green issues , LD and the BBC trying to hijack the numbers while completely ignoring Tory and Labour Leave votes.

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:19 - May 27 with 1311 viewstraininvain

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:10 - May 27 by 2Thomas2Bowles

YES LD were the main Remain party in this so why did they not win?

As I said before the greens were more about Green issues , LD and the BBC trying to hijack the numbers while completely ignoring Tory and Labour Leave votes.

As I said before the greens were more about Green issues

The Greens urged voters to say “Yes to Europe, No to climate change”. They vowed to campaign for another referendum on Brexit, which they called “an unforgivable act of intergenerational betrayal”.

And you accuse the BBC of spin!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024