Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 206029 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:29 - Jan 17 with 2497 viewsCiderwithRsie

Three ideas I don't buy at all:
1. If we leave the EU they will have to offer us a good deal because we import more from them than we export and we're the 5th biggest economy in the world.
2. We should just get on with it and leave, No Deal if needed, we'll be OK and in future government will be noticeably more democratic, will listen to People Like Us, we'll have control
3. Jeremy Corbyn will end inequality and bring prosperity to all via a bit of light Keynesianism.

You don't hear no 1 so much now it's been tried and shown up for bullish*t.
The other two need to be tried and shown for bullish*t too before we get anywhere. No deal on March 29th and a Lab govt a bit later and then maybe sometime about 2022 we might get something done. It won't be great either but at least it won't be f*****g fantasy island b*llsh*tters' paradise.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:51 - Jan 17 with 2463 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:29 - Jan 17 by CiderwithRsie

1. If we leave the EU they will have to offer us a good deal because we import more from them than we export and we're the 5th biggest economy in the world.
2. We should just get on with it and leave, No Deal if needed, we'll be OK and in future government will be noticeably more democratic, will listen to People Like Us, we'll have control
3. Jeremy Corbyn will end inequality and bring prosperity to all via a bit of light Keynesianism.

The other two need to be tried and shown for bullish*t too before we get anywhere. No deal on March 29th and a Lab govt a bit later and then maybe sometime about 2022 we might get something done. It won't be great either but at least it won't be f*****g fantasy island b*llsh*tters' paradise.

1. EU don't have to offer us anything. It was UK decision to leave. Therefore it's the UK's problem.
2. No deal is likely to be a disaster. Even the Govt assessments say that
3. Corbyn has now lost the no confidence option. He needs to come off the fence. There was an article by Ian Dunt, who comes across as anti Brexit criticising Corbyn on the politics.co.uk site.

I don't think we can afford the last 2 options. If it turns out to be as bad as every considered commentator suggests.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:21 - Jan 17 with 2423 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 07:44 - Jan 17 by daveB

I thought Corbyns temper tantrum and refusal to get involved in negotiations spoke volumes about him, always been more labour than Tory but his refusal to offer anything on Brexit other than tell everyone else they are wrong has been pathetic.

I mean May is an absolute disaster, like having Mr Bean in charge and yet he's still managing to look like the idiot.

This will cost him when the next election comes

Hardly a temper tantrum, it's a totally reasonable condition, without which May's offer of talks is meaningless. I see Sturgeon has now followed suit. And leaks from a conference call between Hammond and business leaders reveal that Hammond believes no deal is informally off the table anyway. So May is the one playing politics with this still.

Edit: I mean, the one thing there is a clear majority for in the HoC is a commitment not to leave without a deal. It would mark a first step towards building consensus and would take some of the panic and heat out of the situation. Amazing how it's being spun really.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:30]
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:27 - Jan 17 with 2413 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:00 - Jan 17 by Sharpy36

[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 8:02]

That performance by Gove (during which he did not mention May once! Quite transparently a leadership pitch) was absolutely vile, a greatest hits rundown of three years worth of unsubstantiated smears and innuendo. Honestly, a real microcosm of all that is wrong with British politics. Just a load of posh toffs have a jolly old time laughing at their mate's debate-club grandstanding. Cynical ad hominem politics at its worst.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 2407 viewsplasmahoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:29 - Jan 17 by CiderwithRsie

I think you're right, but it would be a shame if we had to suffer and decline massively as a country as a result of no deal followed by a corbyn government
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:33 - Jan 17 with 2395 viewsBklynRanger

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:21 - Jan 17 by FDC

Hardly a temper tantrum, it's a totally reasonable condition, without which May's offer of talks is meaningless. I see Sturgeon has now followed suit. And leaks from a conference call between Hammond and business leaders reveal that Hammond believes no deal is informally off the table anyway. So May is the one playing politics with this still.

Edit: I mean, the one thing there is a clear majority for in the HoC is a commitment not to leave without a deal. It would mark a first step towards building consensus and would take some of the panic and heat out of the situation. Amazing how it's being spun really.

Mate I feel like the more I watch this stuff the more fuzzy and numb with it all I become.

e.g. (genuine question):

How is it possible for us to tell the EU that No Deal is off the table and then expect them to re-open negotiations over the backstop or anything else? What incentive will they have? Isn't their chief concern at this moment that a highly disruptive and damaging No Deal could still happen?

My guess is that under the current circumstances the EU is waiting/hoping that a request comes in to extend Article 50 for the purposes of a second referendum.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:43]
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:45 - Jan 17 with 2376 viewsMick_S

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:01 - Jan 16 by Konk

Just spoken with a mate who's a government researcher. May is due to resign having been outed as the Leeds spy at Derby's training ground. Didn't see that one coming.

EDIT: Okay, it seems my mate may have got that one wrong.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 22:16]

She's looking for Ted.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:45 - Jan 17 with 2374 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:33 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

Mate I feel like the more I watch this stuff the more fuzzy and numb with it all I become.

e.g. (genuine question):

How is it possible for us to tell the EU that No Deal is off the table and then expect them to re-open negotiations over the backstop or anything else? What incentive will they have? Isn't their chief concern at this moment that a highly disruptive and damaging No Deal could still happen?

My guess is that under the current circumstances the EU is waiting/hoping that a request comes in to extend Article 50 for the purposes of a second referendum.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:43]

Removing No Deal as an option would mean that if we got towards the end of March and no deal had been agreed upon, we'd revoke (rather than extend) A50. The UK can do that, and the parliamentary mechanics would be pretty straightforward I think. Parliament would just pass the legislation giving the PM that power. Like I say, that's one thing that there definitely is a majority for I'd think.

EDIT. My guess is that the reason May won't do this is because she remains hostage to the hard Brexiters in her cabinet, who would quit over making this commitment. As such this talk about reaching out to other parties is a nonsense imo. I honestly don't see a way forward that doesn't split the Tory party, and it remains true that the depth of this mess is at least in part a consequence of May trying to hold the Tories together as a priority over the country's interest.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 9:50]
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:49 - Jan 17 with 2362 viewsElHoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:27 - Jan 17 by FDC

That performance by Gove (during which he did not mention May once! Quite transparently a leadership pitch) was absolutely vile, a greatest hits rundown of three years worth of unsubstantiated smears and innuendo. Honestly, a real microcosm of all that is wrong with British politics. Just a load of posh toffs have a jolly old time laughing at their mate's debate-club grandstanding. Cynical ad hominem politics at its worst.

I'm not a great fan of all things Gove but he is good at this sort of thing. His ability to help to front up a campaign and think on his feet is definitely an asset to whatever cause he is representing - how many active campaigns has he actually lost?

I wouldn't want him as PM either though.

I'm not sure how much longer May and Corbyn can survive as leaders - this is now proper big boy/girl stuff and they simply don't look up to it.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:52 - Jan 17 with 2353 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:49 - Jan 17 by ElHoop

I'm not a great fan of all things Gove but he is good at this sort of thing. His ability to help to front up a campaign and think on his feet is definitely an asset to whatever cause he is representing - how many active campaigns has he actually lost?

I wouldn't want him as PM either though.

I'm not sure how much longer May and Corbyn can survive as leaders - this is now proper big boy/girl stuff and they simply don't look up to it.

I mean, yeah he's good at that sort of thing if that's what you're after. I don't quite see how that kind of performance actually helps with anything though. Let's not forget that this mess has his finger prints all over it!
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:54 - Jan 17 with 2343 viewsBklynRanger

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:45 - Jan 17 by FDC

Removing No Deal as an option would mean that if we got towards the end of March and no deal had been agreed upon, we'd revoke (rather than extend) A50. The UK can do that, and the parliamentary mechanics would be pretty straightforward I think. Parliament would just pass the legislation giving the PM that power. Like I say, that's one thing that there definitely is a majority for I'd think.

EDIT. My guess is that the reason May won't do this is because she remains hostage to the hard Brexiters in her cabinet, who would quit over making this commitment. As such this talk about reaching out to other parties is a nonsense imo. I honestly don't see a way forward that doesn't split the Tory party, and it remains true that the depth of this mess is at least in part a consequence of May trying to hold the Tories together as a priority over the country's interest.

But, again, what incentive would increasing the chances of revoking Article 50 give the EU to feel like it's in their interest at all to go to the bother of revisiting the current deal? If anything they'd want to drive the process toward that through inaction shirley?
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:59 - Jan 17 with 2331 viewsstevec

Kind of losing track with it all but am i right in thinking that if Corbyn decides to sit on his hands for the next two and a half months and refuses to cooperate with the Tories then, by parliamentary procedure, he'll get the No Deal that he's really wanted all along?
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:12 - Jan 17 with 2301 viewsplasmahoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:59 - Jan 17 by stevec

Kind of losing track with it all but am i right in thinking that if Corbyn decides to sit on his hands for the next two and a half months and refuses to cooperate with the Tories then, by parliamentary procedure, he'll get the No Deal that he's really wanted all along?

Corbyn hasn't said what he wants, other than an election.
Then he will listen
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:14 - Jan 17 with 2298 viewsElHoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:52 - Jan 17 by FDC

I mean, yeah he's good at that sort of thing if that's what you're after. I don't quite see how that kind of performance actually helps with anything though. Let's not forget that this mess has his finger prints all over it!

How does it help? I guess that the Watson and Gove show makes it look as if there could be life after May and Corbyn, which surely has to happen sometime soon?

If you are putting up against a no confidence vote then it's acceptable to do what Gove did, as the opposition are implying that they'll be better and he's entitled to point out areas where quite possibly they won't be better under Corbyn. But in the bigger picture it was of course pretty meaningless. Both May and Corbyn look extremely vulnerable in my view.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:20 - Jan 17 with 2274 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:54 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

But, again, what incentive would increasing the chances of revoking Article 50 give the EU to feel like it's in their interest at all to go to the bother of revisiting the current deal? If anything they'd want to drive the process toward that through inaction shirley?

Sorry, I missed that in your original post. Yes I see your point, but in reality leaving on WTO is far more damaging to the UK than the EU, so I'm not convinced it's the trump card some make it out to be. I don't know, like you say, spending too long wading through this stuff leaves you feeling numb, but -- if in scenario A a no deal results in both parties getting burned, but one far more than the other, and in scenario B no deal results in the whole thing getting called off, I'm not convinced either scenario is particularly advantageous to either side is it?

And, let's not forget, there is room for maneuvering here. The EU have been hinting for months, and Barnier is now saying explicitly, that there is room for renegotiation on the future relationship if the UK 'shifts its red lines'. Obviously a Labour government would have different priorities, so there really would be room for finding a better outcome.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:22 - Jan 17 with 2265 viewsKonk

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:27 - Jan 17 by FDC

I watched that and came away thinking, actually, Gove's a bigger cu nt than I'd previously realised. And I'd long thought him a c unt. The sound of those braying dicks in the background, megalolling at his pis s poor gags was depressing. What a pickle we're in.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:34 - Jan 17 with 2215 viewsDiscodroids

I fuc king loved Gove going Colonel Kurtz crazy in that amphitheater of 650 odd meat rack violators .

I can only conclude that sitting on yer flabby arse and looking at the floor while being debased and humiliated by a 140 LBS of thin boned calcium deficient nothingness and judas slime marrow like Gove, must be akin to coming home from work to find your wife being taken in a spitroast organic newtons cradle of fcking leading to her string of pearls shuntering orgasm at the end of the stumpy scabby cocks of Colin Stagg, Barry george, Charlie Dake and Charles Hawtrey.

Then, Dropping to your knees in supplication at this vista and thanking them by taking them out for dinner to celebrate their dominion over you, while your wife lays prosaic in sensorial stupefaction on the eiderdown, spent and exhausted by the fours up diddyman ministrations.

Behold the house of commons 2019.. Braying, dunk it in the basket chief, one flew over the cuckoos nest societal diuretics offering us the square root of fu ck all while we on here keep the earth turning day to day with our fiscally cheyne stoking danegeld taxes.

I' d rather float my vote down the pubs steel piss track on top of a urinal cake giving it a viking funeral than cast it their direction.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 10:48]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:42 - Jan 17 with 2194 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:21 - Jan 17 by FDC

How is it reasonable to not even enter talks? This is a man who openly says he will sit with some horrible people to negotiate, people who are terrorists, murders, dictators all in the name of democracy but he can only talk with the Prime Minister if he gets his own way.

And how is he going to know what is and isn't on the table if he won't talk, he's come across as a self serving idiot imo

She can't take no deal off the table as that takes away any kind of negotiating position with the EU and there are plenty in this country including her own party who want a no deal so although the chances of it happening are very slim it can't be ruled out completely by May, that would be a daft thing to do.

Half the problem with all this is the idea everything is being spun as all parties are still playing party politics rather than just working together for the best outcome.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:43 - Jan 17 with 2192 viewsjonno

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:20 - Jan 17 by FDC

Sorry, I missed that in your original post. Yes I see your point, but in reality leaving on WTO is far more damaging to the UK than the EU, so I'm not convinced it's the trump card some make it out to be. I don't know, like you say, spending too long wading through this stuff leaves you feeling numb, but -- if in scenario A a no deal results in both parties getting burned, but one far more than the other, and in scenario B no deal results in the whole thing getting called off, I'm not convinced either scenario is particularly advantageous to either side is it?

And, let's not forget, there is room for maneuvering here. The EU have been hinting for months, and Barnier is now saying explicitly, that there is room for renegotiation on the future relationship if the UK 'shifts its red lines'. Obviously a Labour government would have different priorities, so there really would be room for finding a better outcome.

The no deal scenario has to remain an option. Yes, it may be turbulent for the UK, but equally it would not be good for the EU and is the one thing the EU fears, not least because it would mean they would not get any of the UK's money which they are in desperate need of. It is the one thing that will eventually bring them to offer a reasonable and acceptable deal that could be agreed by the majority.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:45 - Jan 17 with 2188 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:45 - Jan 17 by FDC

If we revoke Article 50 then Brexit is dead, we can't do it again which would be a hell of a decision to make
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:48 - Jan 17 with 2171 viewsrobith

I would quite like to never see a Theresa May press conference again for the rest of my life
Our country is fckd match thread (n/t) on 10:55 - Jan 17 with 2141 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:42 - Jan 17 by daveB

How is it reasonable to not even enter talks? This is a man who openly says he will sit with some horrible people to negotiate, people who are terrorists, murders, dictators all in the name of democracy but he can only talk with the Prime Minister if he gets his own way.

And how is he going to know what is and isn't on the table if he won't talk, he's come across as a self serving idiot imo

She can't take no deal off the table as that takes away any kind of negotiating position with the EU and there are plenty in this country including her own party who want a no deal so although the chances of it happening are very slim it can't be ruled out completely by May, that would be a daft thing to do.

Half the problem with all this is the idea everything is being spun as all parties are still playing party politics rather than just working together for the best outcome.

[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 10:56]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:57 - Jan 17 with 2133 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:34 - Jan 17 by Discodroids

I fuc king loved Gove going Colonel Kurtz crazy in that amphitheater of 650 odd meat rack violators .

I can only conclude that sitting on yer flabby arse and looking at the floor while being debased and humiliated by a 140 LBS of thin boned calcium deficient nothingness and judas slime marrow like Gove, must be akin to coming home from work to find your wife being taken in a spitroast organic newtons cradle of fcking leading to her string of pearls shuntering orgasm at the end of the stumpy scabby cocks of Colin Stagg, Barry george, Charlie Dake and Charles Hawtrey.

Then, Dropping to your knees in supplication at this vista and thanking them by taking them out for dinner to celebrate their dominion over you, while your wife lays prosaic in sensorial stupefaction on the eiderdown, spent and exhausted by the fours up diddyman ministrations.

Behold the house of commons 2019.. Braying, dunk it in the basket chief, one flew over the cuckoos nest societal diuretics offering us the square root of fu ck all while we on here keep the earth turning day to day with our fiscally cheyne stoking danegeld taxes.

I' d rather float my vote down the pubs steel piss track on top of a urinal cake giving it a viking funeral than cast it their direction.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 10:48]

I'm sure that's a 70s porn video

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:02 - Jan 17 with 2126 viewsJuzzie

I'm utterly sick to death of the whole thing. What else have Parliament being doing the last 2 1/2 years as every day since the referendum has been dominated by it?

It's clear to me that they, all sides, are just a bunch of self-serving cnts who will sh*t on their own country if it means keeping/getting themselves in control (the term "in power" is grossly miss-used, even by the media. A PM/cabinet/party is not "in power").

"We want to deliver what the people voted for" - that's like the PGMOL defending every VAR decision simply because it's 'correct in law'. It's abundantly clear that a heck of a lot of people had no idea what they were voting for and even if they did, it's not what is going to be delivered.

If the referendum decision is reversed, even if it's for the good of the country overall it'll then not only make a farce of democracy but clearly show the political parties are not capable of doing their jobs properly because no way should the populace go into any voting process based on lies, untruths, miss-information and so on.

There should also be complete accountability and reprimands in place on the part of MP's and Parties should they be found out to be in dereliction of duty. Boris Johnson, for example, did more u-turns than a black cab once he became Mayor.
http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2016/01/05/the-promises-boris-johnson-has-broken

He was just as bad as Harry Redknapp yet at least Redknapp could be sacked.
Johnson should have been stripped of duty.

What can be done about it all? No, friggin' idea! It's a mess.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:03 - Jan 17 with 2125 viewsDiscodroids

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:57 - Jan 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure that's a 70s porn video

The inspiration was an Excerpt from an Owen Jones Book i read this morning where he explores his embryonic sexuality and sensorial awakenings after a labour party conference.

Believe me 2T2B me old mate, Owens fruity tales of libertine sexuality makes Mine read like a barbara Cartland 19th century debutant southern belle novella.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2019 11:07]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024