Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Verbal abuse of women at LR 19:09 - Jan 18 with 4269 viewsVancouverHoop

Apologies if this a Spackman but couldn't see a reference anywhere else. I'm linking without comment, but obviously no one likes to read this about any club , let alone our own.

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1118
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 20:25 - Jan 18 with 4098 viewsHayesender

I sat in X block for the first time in years for this game, and I can concur that the abuse this lady and her fella got from the Y block was nothing short of embarrassing.

From where I was sitting, they had done absolutely nothing to warrant any abuse other than being sat near the Ellerslie road stand, and even did their best to ignore the abuse as it rained down on them.

I even said to the misses, instead of spending the entire game abusing her, wouldn't it be better if they'd sung a few songs encouraging the team.

A few time I looked up at her and felt embarrassed, even though I'd done nothing.

Come on Y block. I love the fact we're starting to get a decent atmosphere going again, but don't act like tits. We're not that lot down the road

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 20:33 - Jan 18 with 4070 viewsBlackCrowe

Shameful. I thought we were a bit better than that. Should she be reading this board (unlikely i guess), I am truly sorry that you experienced such brain-dead behaviour at my club.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:04 - Jan 18 with 3987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's pretty sick. No excuse for it at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:46 - Jan 18 with 3891 viewsqprxtc

Anyone remember Southampton away about 1994?
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:55 - Jan 18 with 3867 viewssmegma

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:46 - Jan 18 by qprxtc

Oh yes indeed. Blonde lady in a white jumper to our right, behind the goal by corner flag.
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 22:10 - Jan 18 with 3814 viewsqprxtc

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:55 - Jan 18 by smegma

Oh yes indeed. Blonde lady in a white jumper to our right, behind the goal by corner flag.

Yes. Her and her mate got abuse for 90 minutes non stop. Skid marks on her pants and stuff.

Timess change.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 22:11]
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 22:30 - Jan 18 with 3757 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not good to read at all, more so because the writer hasn't gone put of their way to slag us off.

Might be good thing to raise at a fans' forum?
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 23:07 - Jan 18 with 3686 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 21:46 - Jan 18 by qprxtc

I've been thinking about that this evening, strangely.

I thought it was hilarious, then. I wouldn't now. Not sure if it's my age (I was 24 then, so hardly a pup) or changing times. I can't decide.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 23:07 - Jan 18 with 3686 viewsRangersw12

I wonder what the 2019 world would of made of "fat boy your birds a slag " at Southampton away in the early 90's
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 23:50 - Jan 18 with 3593 viewsJuzzie

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 23:07 - Jan 18 by Rangersw12

I wonder what the 2019 world would of made of "fat boy your birds a slag " at Southampton away in the early 90's

This one was 2006

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 09:18 - Jan 19 with 3358 viewsToast_R

Idiots and alcohol I'm afraid.
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 09:40 - Jan 19 with 3323 viewsrunningman75

Not nice to read that at all. I have been to football matches in the past with my sisters and also taken my daughter to a match. One thing I notice at matches are the middle aged men who seem to not grow up and act in certain ways. I have occasionally sworn but try to hold back. This has been more at a bad referee decision.
I come to Loftus Road to watch matches though sometimes notice fans who would rather spend the match trying to taunt opposition fans rather than watch what is happening on the pitch. As others have said hopefully this will be taken up at the fans forum in terms of how the club can deal with incidents such as the Ipswich one.
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 10:23 - Jan 19 with 3240 viewswillis1980

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 09:40 - Jan 19 by runningman75

Not nice to read that at all. I have been to football matches in the past with my sisters and also taken my daughter to a match. One thing I notice at matches are the middle aged men who seem to not grow up and act in certain ways. I have occasionally sworn but try to hold back. This has been more at a bad referee decision.
I come to Loftus Road to watch matches though sometimes notice fans who would rather spend the match trying to taunt opposition fans rather than watch what is happening on the pitch. As others have said hopefully this will be taken up at the fans forum in terms of how the club can deal with incidents such as the Ipswich one.

I’m afraid to say that I was in the x block for the villa and there was much of the same happening during that match too. The blokes she was with were acting like prize plumbs, however the retorts from the were lame, boring and uninventive.
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 11:42 - Jan 19 with 3136 viewsDorse

The article linked in the OP is pretty depressing. Not only for the abuse but the fact that they didn't feel that anything would come from reporting it.

Frankly, I don't care which set of supporters is involved, the last time anyone checked, 'Bantz, innit?' does not constitute a legal right to be an utter fcuktard. I hope this can be addressed at the Fans' Forum and that the club can make it clear that this sort of thing is not OK.

I do, however, reserve the right to pour 90 solid minutes of high volume invective at John Terry and / or the King's Road Cunce at any and all times.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 12:40 - Jan 19 with 3028 viewsHadders

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 11:42 - Jan 19 by Dorse

The article linked in the OP is pretty depressing. Not only for the abuse but the fact that they didn't feel that anything would come from reporting it.

Frankly, I don't care which set of supporters is involved, the last time anyone checked, 'Bantz, innit?' does not constitute a legal right to be an utter fcuktard. I hope this can be addressed at the Fans' Forum and that the club can make it clear that this sort of thing is not OK.

I do, however, reserve the right to pour 90 solid minutes of high volume invective at John Terry and / or the King's Road Cunce at any and all times.

A very fair and well-argued piece by the Tractor Boy, especially considering how angry he must feel, never mind his partner. This is deeply depressing but not in the least bit surprising, as we all know what some of our supporters are like. What stands out for me is his point about the chants being ignored. It is intimidating and definitely not what you go to football for, but surely supporters like us who are offended by something like this have a responsibility to say and do something. If someone was being racist near me, for example, I would politely tell them to shut the f@ck up, as I have in the past. We can't absolve ourselves of responsibility in public and just demand stewards on a minimum wage to enforce basic standards of decency.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 18:58]
Verbal abuse of women at LR on 15:02 - Jan 19 with 2912 viewsBoston

Verbal abuse of women at LR on 20:33 - Jan 18 by BlackCrowe

Shameful. I thought we were a bit better than that. Should she be reading this board (unlikely i guess), I am truly sorry that you experienced such brain-dead behaviour at my club.

Log onto their board and express your feelings.

Fortunately the piece is well written and the writer is quite clear that this behaviour was limited to a small section of our support.

Never happy with much of this stuff myself, didn’t get involved as a kid, don’t now. Hands up though, was amused in the 70’s when a home fixture v Arsenal produced a quick burst of “get yer tits out for the lads” as a couple of fit young ladies walked around the touchline.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024