Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... 13:16 - Jan 21 with 6300 viewsMytch_QPR

I have to confess to liking the look of Brentford's new stadium (sorry if already posted):

Only issue is that it looks very hemmed in by rail lines so parking will probably be a pain and it looks as though all pedestrian access has to come through one route, so a real bottleneck.

Much as I love LR, it would be nice to see us get something similar up on Linford Christie's lunchbox (assuming we're still looking at that project).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 13:27 - Jan 21 with 4949 viewsQPR_John

The new stadium as I understand has a capacity of 17250. Now I can accept that with the money in the Premier League gate sizes have a minimal if any impact on finances but you have to get there first. Under FFP will such a capacity gate generate enough income to allow the team to be competitive.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 4906 viewscolinallcars

It looks good from the flyover driving past and even better trekking up to the pubs in Brentford !
Access does look like an issue as you say but it looks like a fine compact and obviously modern stadium.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 13:40 - Jan 21 with 4880 viewsJuzzie

I guess they have had hurdles too such as primarily finding a site that's still local. Something all London clubs face. As the OP says, Lionel Road itself is quite small, almost like a country lane, so it's going to get a bit cosy if that's the only road in and out. Looking at google maps I can't see any other public access points unless some are being built in.

edit: would helped if I viewed the video first! A bridge has been put in place over one of the railway lines to the east.

But at least they're up and running with a new ground which is something we're still a long way from doing.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 15:16]
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 13:50 - Jan 21 with 4844 viewsJuzzie

On a tangent I just come across an article from last October saying Bournemouth have put on hold building a new ground in the town even though they announced in 2016 that they would.

It wasn't clear in the article if this quote was said in 2016 or 2018;

"Being a Premier League team brings financial rewards. However, every penny of those funds, together with significant, additional investment from the club’s shareholders, has been put in to ensuring AFC Bournemouth remain at this level."

This just illustrates IMO that 99.9999% of income generated just goes to players and agents. We've seen with Loftus Road that over time the ground becomes too old yet no or little resources to make it better.
I'd almost be of the thinking of "fk the players". Take the money, get relegated and use the money to ensure the infrastructure of the club (training facilities, stadium) is there for the benefit of all for years to come. To a club like Bournemouth, being in the PL with a 12k stadium has absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

The PL ain't the fkin' bee-all and end-all that it thinks it is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2019 15:13]
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 4752 viewsTonto

the days of parking at a stadium re well and truly over. So the parking wont be hemmed in, it will be non existent. There may be some disabled parking and a bit of staff parking underneath, but that will be it.

London's road cannot cope with more car based journeys, particularly thousands of them all at the same time, so the lack of parking (and CPZs all around) stop that, and force people to use public transport.

Plus the cost of land in London is so high, its pointless having large swaths of tarmac in use once a week.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 15:09 - Jan 21 with 4661 viewstoboboly

There is no way you will be able to drive/park to get there. It's already a nightmare without the extra people the stadium will generate.

Currently the access road is so small I think they must be building a different one in order to have gotten planning permission.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 4634 viewsJuzzie

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 15:09 - Jan 21 by toboboly

There is no way you will be able to drive/park to get there. It's already a nightmare without the extra people the stadium will generate.

Currently the access road is so small I think they must be building a different one in order to have gotten planning permission.

Watch the video (as I forgot to do!). A bridge has just been put in place over the east railway line. I'm guessing it's a foot bridge. It seems wide so would probably take vehicles on non match days too.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 16:20 - Jan 21 with 4531 viewshopphoops

All in all, it's pleasingly nutty.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Login to get fewer ads

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 4487 viewscaliforniahoop

The Bees are doing well, wish them continued success, our time will come, Hoops!!!
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 18:47 - Jan 21 with 4276 viewsloftboy

Looks like they are going to have gaps in the corners, hate stadiums that do that, the wind that blows through the brittannia is unbearable.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 19:10 - Jan 21 with 4217 viewsdistortR

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 16:39 - Jan 21 by californiahoop

The Bees are doing well, wish them continued success, our time will come, Hoops!!!

i hope they crash and burn.

the natural order needs to be restored
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 19:24 - Jan 21 with 4169 viewsTonto

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 15:17 - Jan 21 by Juzzie

Watch the video (as I forgot to do!). A bridge has just been put in place over the east railway line. I'm guessing it's a foot bridge. It seems wide so would probably take vehicles on non match days too.

That's a footbridge... it's the same size as the one at the Emirates

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 19:43 - Jan 21 with 4129 viewsDavieQPR

They did decrease capacity to increase Corporate area. Showing they are more interested in the money than the supporters.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 20:38 - Jan 21 with 4052 viewsMiss_Terraces

Always been jealous of Griffin Park, lovely ground!
Don't give a monkeys about the new one.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 21:17 - Jan 21 with 3983 viewsRs_Holy

Yeh, not bad but i’d Prefer steeper stands if it were me! The angle looks too shallow for my liking.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 21:56 - Jan 21 with 3886 viewsBoston

Looks like a right honeycomb to me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 23:30 - Jan 21 with 3766 viewsstowmarketrange

Still the only team in Middlesex though aren’t they?
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 06:16 - Jan 22 with 3640 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Bees have a drone.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 08:37 - Jan 22 with 3533 viewsfrancisbowles

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 18:47 - Jan 21 by loftboy

Looks like they are going to have gaps in the corners, hate stadiums that do that, the wind that blows through the brittannia is unbearable.

They were my initial thoughts as well, loftboy. Apart from being draughty, it looks untidy, is distracting during the game and reduces capacity.

I can't see ant reason for it these days as there are advanced techniques to help the grass grow, so I can't see it being for light.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 08:45 - Jan 22 with 3518 viewsheadhoops

ground is right under the heathrow flight path - they have a drone - police are looking for the people who bought the Airport to a standstill with a drone? Where's sherlock when you need him.

Going to be lively when 3,000 dirty lids supporters file through the trading estate.

Just shows you can build a stadium in the tightest of spaces.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 08:47 - Jan 22 with 3515 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Looks good.

The railway side will have to have one of those steep jobs England played at in.. Charloi (sp) was it?
It made the top teir of the O2 look like a gentle incline.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 09:04 - Jan 22 with 3497 viewsngbqpr

Obligatory link on all new stadium related threads:

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 09:32 - Jan 22 with 3460 viewsCamberleyR

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 08:37 - Jan 22 by francisbowles

They were my initial thoughts as well, loftboy. Apart from being draughty, it looks untidy, is distracting during the game and reduces capacity.

I can't see ant reason for it these days as there are advanced techniques to help the grass grow, so I can't see it being for light.

Admittedly they're old grounds that have been modernised but Villa Park and Molineux have got gaps in the corners.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 09:38 - Jan 22 with 3443 viewsLunarJetman

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 19:43 - Jan 21 by DavieQPR

They did decrease capacity to increase Corporate area. Showing they are more interested in the money than the supporters.

Haven't they said that Premier League clubs could let all the fans in for free and still make a profit?

The money is all in TV and corporate events so they don't need to get 40k+ into a ground to turn a profit if they get to the Premier League and if they don't, they've only got a smallish ground to maintain. Seems a decent strategy to me...
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 09:53 - Jan 22 with 3422 viewsswitchingcode

Jealousy is a terrible thing, but... on 13:27 - Jan 21 by QPR_John

The new stadium as I understand has a capacity of 17250. Now I can accept that with the money in the Premier League gate sizes have a minimal if any impact on finances but you have to get there first. Under FFP will such a capacity gate generate enough income to allow the team to be competitive.

Our gate income is no more than 3 mill bigger clubs like Birmingham last season was 4.5 mill.So gate money respesents a small income.We will have to hope we can continue to sell players to keep us with in ffp and that Matthew Benham doesn’t run out of money.We have had a good income on players sold this season with Woods Joze Egan Yannaris and today Mepham that’s 34 mill.But that will be hard to keep going.We have just got a record fee from a club that has smaller crowds us ,crazy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024