Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 13:47 - Jan 23 with 23814 viewstoboboly

Possible phenomenal year kicking off today with the first test v Windies

I have tickets for the world cup and the ashes, cannot wait!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket on 16:06 - Feb 11 with 3076 viewsrunningman75

108-2 at lunch 231 ahead. Wonder what the magic figure for Root's declaration is?
Cricket on 16:29 - Feb 11 with 3052 viewsjohnhoop

Cricket on 16:06 - Feb 11 by runningman75

108-2 at lunch 231 ahead. Wonder what the magic figure for Root's declaration is?

On the evidence of the series so far possibly 130 for 8?
Cricket on 11:23 - Apr 17 with 2927 viewsaston_hoop

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/47959217

Theres a part of me really looking forward to seeing Jofra Archer in these warm up games though.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket on 13:01 - Apr 17 with 2871 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I enjoyed playing cricket, but once I stopped playing in my 20s, I stopped following it.

Currently on holiday in Sri Lanka and turned telly on to find six TV channels devoted to cricket; which is how I caught a bit of the IPL for the first time. Blimey, but they seem to get huge crowds who are all going mental.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Cricket on 16:12 - May 5 with 2722 viewstoboboly

Exciting 20/20 in Cardiff atm. Jofra Archer looked good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/47323610

Cricket on 18:29 - May 5 with 2680 viewstoboboly

Good, professional win for England. This limited overs side is good, shame Hales is a douche, would have added depth.

Still, roll on the one dayers.

Cricket on 20:34 - May 5 with 2642 viewsBoston

I'm not a cricket fan, but in my guise as a sports aficionado I'll be taking a walk around Bridgetowns Kensington Oval and their museum later this year.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 20:34]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cricket on 20:49 - May 5 with 2629 viewsacricketer

Cricket on 20:34 - May 5 by Boston

I'm not a cricket fan, but in my guise as a sports aficionado I'll be taking a walk around Bridgetowns Kensington Oval and their museum later this year.
[Post edited 5 May 2019 20:34]

I've played there!
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket on 23:39 - May 5 with 2582 viewsBoston

Cricket on 20:49 - May 5 by acricketer

I've played there!

Bass, drums....?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cricket on 07:52 - May 6 with 2542 viewsaston_hoop

Good performance, Archer brought some excitement to the side and James Vince is an R so can't ask for more than that!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket on 15:00 - May 11 with 2433 viewsNov77

Jos Buttler, another 50 ball hundred! what a player he is.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Cricket on 19:20 - May 11 with 2360 viewsdistortR

great game, listened on the radio, thoroughly enjoyed that!
Cricket on 19:29 - May 11 with 2355 viewsBlackCrowe

Astonishing player. Managed to nab a couple of cwc tickets for Eng v Oz at Lords when they released a few more tickets a couple of weeks ago. Bring that on.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket on 10:57 - May 12 with 2265 viewsDorse

Outstanding batting display. Lowest score of 40!

The bowlers looked decent but I am still unsure about Willey: is he a seamer, 'death' bowler or an Angus Fraser-type line and length fast medium?

Fielding was sharp yesterday too, even defending such a big innings.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Cricket on 11:31 - May 12 with 2250 viewsElHoop

Great batting performance by England, however that wasn't Pakistan's strongest side whereas it was pretty close to being England's best.

Will be interesting to see whether Shadab recovers from hepatitis in time as he'd add a lot to their attack. They won the Champions Trophy here in 2017 in the same format and retain around 11 of that squad. They've been over here for a while already and will have the best preparation by far, so they'll provide one of our strongest tests in the tournament proper.
Cricket on 17:14 - May 12 with 2204 viewsMrSheen

Stumbled across the IPL final. What a porker Malinga is these days!
Cricket on 08:46 - May 13 with 2111 viewsElHoop

Cricket on 17:14 - May 12 by MrSheen

Stumbled across the IPL final. What a porker Malinga is these days!

He got them over the line though didn't he?

I don't mind the IPL but it goes on for too long and players come and go and there's no continuity. Must be bloody hard work too with loads of travelling in the Indian heat. It would be more interesting if the same teams played in each T20 tournament around the world and were adopted by different cities.
Cricket on 09:06 - May 13 with 2102 viewsHantsR

Well, the OP says Cricket, so I feel obliged to share my delight at Hampshire reaching the Lord's final of the One-Day Cup yet again. I shall be there and give the appropriate salute to LR as I pass by on the Underground. Thank you.
Cricket on 11:03 - May 13 with 2076 viewsMrSheen

Cricket on 08:46 - May 13 by ElHoop

He got them over the line though didn't he?

I don't mind the IPL but it goes on for too long and players come and go and there's no continuity. Must be bloody hard work too with loads of travelling in the Indian heat. It would be more interesting if the same teams played in each T20 tournament around the world and were adopted by different cities.

Finally got his act together after getting flogged and dropping Watson! It’s a weird competition where Shane Watson still dominates the world’s best bowlers.
Cricket on 11:19 - May 13 with 2069 viewsElHoop

Cricket on 11:03 - May 13 by MrSheen

Finally got his act together after getting flogged and dropping Watson! It’s a weird competition where Shane Watson still dominates the world’s best bowlers.

It is a bit weird - some of the 'old men' can bowl a few overs and give it a thump for half an hour but would have no hope of lasting out a five day test match or even a hard fought odi. Even some of the younger guys will be tired going into the World Cup, which will also last forever and a day and involve loads of travel.
Cricket on 21:10 - May 14 with 2013 viewsted_hendrix

This England team are bloody good aint they?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket on 21:48 - May 14 with 1988 viewsHayesender

Chasing down 358, with 33 balls and 6 wickets remaining. Just wow

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cricket on 09:36 - May 15 with 1918 viewsElHoop

You get the impression that we'll set up the pitches to suit our crash bang wallop approach, in which case we have a great chance of finally winning the World Cup.

We have to play all of the other 9 teams in the group stage. Then it'll come down to who we have to play in the semi final/final. I would be shocked if we didn't make the semis, however from there on it's a one day game and anything can happen.

I'm not sure who we should fear the most. I do think that Pakistan will make the semis. Australia should too, assuming that they avoid too many injuries. India will be fancied to do so but I'm not sure about them after the IPL taking its toll. The West Indies are perhaps the one team I hope goes out in the group stage. On an easy pitch the likes of Gayle, Hetmyer, Brathwaite and Russell can destroy anyone. They might have even more heavy guns than we do . They look a bit fragile though, so hopefully they'll get a few injuries and won't ever face us after the group game which is on 14th June at the Rose Bowl - that'll be a real firework display i reckon.
Cricket on 20:21 - May 19 with 1814 viewsBlackCrowe

Make no mistake, this ODI batting line-up is like nothing i've ever seen in my cricketing life . Extraordinary.

Even if you're not into cricket, just watch them when the CWC starts. Will they win? who knows, but it's easy to see why they're clear favourites.

WIndies and NZ look handy too and can never write off Oz (though i think they'll fail ultimately).

Lush stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket on 20:47 - May 19 with 1784 viewstoboboly

Cricket on 09:36 - May 15 by ElHoop

You get the impression that we'll set up the pitches to suit our crash bang wallop approach, in which case we have a great chance of finally winning the World Cup.

We have to play all of the other 9 teams in the group stage. Then it'll come down to who we have to play in the semi final/final. I would be shocked if we didn't make the semis, however from there on it's a one day game and anything can happen.

I'm not sure who we should fear the most. I do think that Pakistan will make the semis. Australia should too, assuming that they avoid too many injuries. India will be fancied to do so but I'm not sure about them after the IPL taking its toll. The West Indies are perhaps the one team I hope goes out in the group stage. On an easy pitch the likes of Gayle, Hetmyer, Brathwaite and Russell can destroy anyone. They might have even more heavy guns than we do . They look a bit fragile though, so hopefully they'll get a few injuries and won't ever face us after the group game which is on 14th June at the Rose Bowl - that'll be a real firework display i reckon.

TMS said that the World Cup pitches are produced by the ICC not the groundskeepers over here. But they then said that the biggest viewing audience is in India and they like to watch batting so it may work in our favour.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024