Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What does sold out mean? 16:04 - Jan 28 with 1787 viewsfrancisbowles

I bought our tickets when the club was reporting there were only about 500 left. We were consequently low down on the left side at Fratton on Saturday, just within range of shooting practice before kick off which fortunately, for once, was pretty good. It was reported later that we had sold our allocation.

At kickoff, I noticed there were about twenty odd empty seats in our vicinity, spread around on both sides of us. I assumed that these were latecomers but as the half progressed almost all of them remained empty. I don't know if there were any empty on the other side of the stand.

There were several on here who stated they couldn't get tickets. So were these all no shows or is there another explanation?
What does sold out mean? on 16:07 - Jan 28 with 1774 viewsJuzzie

Could be complimentary tickets not taken up or not turned up.
What does sold out mean? on 16:15 - Jan 28 with 1731 viewsloftboy

Someone on another thread has said in one block you couldn’t so down because there wasn’t enough seats, it was probably mates who went and stood together somewhere else.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What does sold out mean? on 16:19 - Jan 28 with 1714 viewsstowmarketrange

What does sold out mean? on 16:15 - Jan 28 by loftboy

Someone on another thread has said in one block you couldn’t so down because there wasn’t enough seats, it was probably mates who went and stood together somewhere else.

It was overcrowded in row U where we were and there were more people than seats.Mostly it seemed to be people who came late and stood where they could.
What does sold out mean? on 16:40 - Jan 28 with 1651 viewsthemodfather

many stood on stairs or at the back, so empty seats at front were taken but to be with mates etc many opted to chance it and not sit at front..in the rain
What does sold out mean? on 18:05 - Jan 28 with 1489 viewsHayesender

I spent the game stood on the stairs to be near my lot, and looking around hundreds of others did the same

Poll: Shamima Beghum

What does sold out mean? on 18:18 - Jan 28 with 1456 viewsMichael_Hunt

I can confirm that the front rows were empty. I went for a toilet break in the second half (couldn’t get near the bogs during HT) , and was blocked going back to my seat by the aisles being rammed the back.
What does sold out mean? on 18:24 - Jan 28 with 1431 viewsHantsR

What does sold out mean? on 18:18 - Jan 28 by Michael_Hunt

I can confirm that the front rows were empty. I went for a toilet break in the second half (couldn’t get near the bogs during HT) , and was blocked going back to my seat by the aisles being rammed the back.

Some of those aisles cleared a bit when we scored! (see my thread)

I think I must have been near you fbowles in MER - quite a few empty seats around me.
What does sold out mean? on 09:58 - Jan 29 with 1104 viewsfrancisbowles

What does sold out mean? on 18:24 - Jan 28 by HantsR

Some of those aisles cleared a bit when we scored! (see my thread)

I think I must have been near you fbowles in MER - quite a few empty seats around me.

Yes. Did that geezer with the beard who climbed over the seats to shout abuse at Pompey knock you over. Looking at his wide eyes think he may have been on something!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024