Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London Broncos 08:49 - Feb 2 with 19950 viewsDixie_CT

I know a few on here (Clive, Mr Sheen) like Rugby League and it’s back!

I watched London Broncos in their play offs last season and decided to get a season ticket. Most games are Thursday evening or Sunday afternoon. Cost us £130 and junior £20 which I thought was reasonable for a few days out in Ealing.

Hoping London can stay up but it’s going to be tough.
London Broncos on 01:12 - Mar 24 with 2472 viewstimcocking

What i just don't get, let's be honest, Rugby Union is very dull nowadays, one missed tackle per year, perhaps one exciting run every five matches. Rugby league looks kind of good, but come on, it isn't even a real sport, is it? Embarrassing the way they wriggle around on the floor in those short shorts before standing up every time.

Put them together, you've got yourself a superb sport instead of two stinkers.

Obvious really.
London Broncos on 01:13 - Mar 24 with 2472 viewstimcocking

London Broncos on 10:05 - Feb 4 by Mick_S

Where about in Ealing do they play?

Confused of Uxbridge. London Broncos is a really stinky name.

Yes, is a Bronco even an English word? It's a one out of ten name all right. London has a distinct dearth of feral horses imo. In English, aren't feral horses known as ponies?

Clearly should be London Ponies.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 1:15]
London Broncos on 08:05 - Mar 24 with 2417 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 23:36 - Mar 23 by nadera78

I might be. Just heading home from Lille now, coaching in the morning, then my nephew's birthday party, and if I'm lucky then I might get down there for the second half. I'm in New York next week when we play Huddersfield so I don't want to miss two games, then again Im not sure I want to see my sister's reaction if I walk out on her kid's party, so...

Must be something about being QPR/ League fans and coaching! I’m off out in a bit.

Sadly not going to make today as I’ve got all three of my kids and as much as I include them in things, I don’t think the 2 1/2 year old twins are quite ready for the rugby. Will be back next week v Huddersfield (Happy Mother’s Day!).

A win today or next week is important to keep up the good start although both tricky matches.
London Broncos on 10:06 - Mar 24 with 2405 viewsSydneyRs

London Broncos on 14:35 - Feb 3 by ozranger

Only been to two games here in England, both in Leeds. Once as a guest of the Rhinos and in '13 as they had a game on the night before our match at Elland Rd. I find the games here more engrossing as many of the grounds you are so much closer to the action. in Oz, one is a good distance from the field of play except for a few grounds. The old Sydney Football Stadium and the Olympic Park were/are the worst The atmosphere can be quite non-existent as well. I was, and probably still am, a North Sydney Bears fan, but they basically only exist in a 2nd division comp that no one even knows about. Got to see a number of games at Canberra, North Sydney Oval and a few other venues in Sydney. It's a different sport and one that makes it worth watching. Some day I may make my way to see the Broncos.

Standard of play here in Oz is very good but you are right about the atmosphere at most games. Non existent because they are played in cavernous stadiums too big for the crowds that turn up. They are also a nightmare to get to and from for a lot of people, Getting home around midnight with kids in tow is not ideal.

ANZ stadium needs 60,000 plus for a good atmosphere and most regular games don't even attract 20,000. I was there among over 80,000 when Souths won the grand final and premiership in 2014 and that was one of the best live sporting occasions of my life though.
London Broncos on 15:46 - Mar 24 with 2351 viewsMrSheen

14-10 to London h/t. Bit of an aaaaarm wrestle, as they say in Australia.
London Broncos on 15:54 - Mar 24 with 2348 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 15:46 - Mar 24 by MrSheen

14-10 to London h/t. Bit of an aaaaarm wrestle, as they say in Australia.

Dixon is a very decent kicker which could be all important this season. I was wondering why bigger clubs haven’t looked at him??
London Broncos on 16:03 - Mar 24 with 2342 viewsMrSheen

14-16
London Broncos on 16:15 - Mar 24 with 2341 viewsMrSheen

14-20. Mickey Paea’s rsss must be the biggest In professional sport.

Interception 14-24. Roof coming down.
Login to get fewer ads

London Broncos on 16:45 - Mar 24 with 2331 viewsMrSheen

24-28 ft. Hull clocked off and had to cling on at the end. Great finish by London.
London Broncos on 16:52 - Mar 24 with 2326 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 16:45 - Mar 24 by MrSheen

24-28 ft. Hull clocked off and had to cling on at the end. Great finish by London.

Cheers for updates. Was watching score tick over on BBC website (coverage on there Is archaic).

Hopefully London continue to be a force at home and get enough points to stay up although Leeds look determined to go down so we might be alright. 4 pointer next week?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 16:54]
London Broncos on 17:31 - Mar 24 with 2311 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 16:52 - Mar 24 by Dixie_CT

Cheers for updates. Was watching score tick over on BBC website (coverage on there Is archaic).

Hopefully London continue to be a force at home and get enough points to stay up although Leeds look determined to go down so we might be alright. 4 pointer next week?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 16:54]

I think so. Huddersfield are more realistic relegation candidates than Wigan or Leeds!

Kieran Dixon was ridiculed by th FC fans for being a Robin, and Abdull for wanting a kebab. He was pretty quiet for the most part but was very good at the finish. Probably the most vocal before restarts too.
London Broncos on 21:09 - Mar 24 with 2258 viewsNorthernr

Well I enjoyed it, fun ground. Definitely worse teams at this level than London on that evidence, though as ever they'll struggle to post points away from home which will make life tough.

First half Hull did what Hull do when they're expecting to go through the motions and win easy. Stupid interception try given away, too much catch and pass sideways in attack with no penetration, and poor discipline - though I did think the whole game was harmed by too much whistle, clearly the Super League memo about fast games without stoppages hasn't reached this referee's email account yet.

Second half much better, Kelly's try was odd. He seemed to stop halfway through as if he thought the whistle had gone, then set off again. We wondered whether he'd done it deliberately to try and con the London chasers. I thought the Naulago try in the left corner that he didn't award was a try, and the one from Feraimo that was given in the other corner wasn't.

Then, of course, we clock off, and nearly blow it. Artery hardening last 10 minutes. Don't see Hull doing much overall this season, thunderously midtable team.

On Abdull and kebabs - his biggest problem at Hull was he couldn't control his weight/conditioning. Basically lived with his mates like a student, eating lots and lots of sht and it showed.

On Dixon - there was a length of the field try he got for Rovers against us at Magic Weekend and he did this weird disco dancing celebration into the camera only for Rovers to fall in a hole and let us win by loads, so he's always going to get it for that.
London Broncos on 21:34 - Mar 24 with 2238 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 21:09 - Mar 24 by Northernr

Well I enjoyed it, fun ground. Definitely worse teams at this level than London on that evidence, though as ever they'll struggle to post points away from home which will make life tough.

First half Hull did what Hull do when they're expecting to go through the motions and win easy. Stupid interception try given away, too much catch and pass sideways in attack with no penetration, and poor discipline - though I did think the whole game was harmed by too much whistle, clearly the Super League memo about fast games without stoppages hasn't reached this referee's email account yet.

Second half much better, Kelly's try was odd. He seemed to stop halfway through as if he thought the whistle had gone, then set off again. We wondered whether he'd done it deliberately to try and con the London chasers. I thought the Naulago try in the left corner that he didn't award was a try, and the one from Feraimo that was given in the other corner wasn't.

Then, of course, we clock off, and nearly blow it. Artery hardening last 10 minutes. Don't see Hull doing much overall this season, thunderously midtable team.

On Abdull and kebabs - his biggest problem at Hull was he couldn't control his weight/conditioning. Basically lived with his mates like a student, eating lots and lots of sht and it showed.

On Dixon - there was a length of the field try he got for Rovers against us at Magic Weekend and he did this weird disco dancing celebration into the camera only for Rovers to fall in a hole and let us win by loads, so he's always going to get it for that.

There was a guy in front of me who was doing a butter-churning mime every time Dixon walked in front of him. I had no idea what it was supposed to be. 1,500 Hull fans? Amazing turnout, Huddersfield won’t make 200.
London Broncos on 21:40 - Mar 24 with 2234 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 21:34 - Mar 24 by MrSheen

There was a guy in front of me who was doing a butter-churning mime every time Dixon walked in front of him. I had no idea what it was supposed to be. 1,500 Hull fans? Amazing turnout, Huddersfield won’t make 200.

Yeh quick £20k into the London coffers from Humberside there, must be delighted. Hull always travel in good numbers - there were 3,000 of us in Sydney last season.
London Broncos on 15:09 - Mar 28 with 2062 viewsMick_S

London Broncos on 21:31 - Mar 23 by Northernr

Be down there with mum and step dad mate, one in the Drayton before, Ealing park tavern for Sunday lunch after. Come say hi. I’m hoping to stand down the side on that bank if the weather allows.

I went to the Ealing Park Tavern after Brentford a few years back - lovely place, but they will insist on leaving the £ sign off the menu prices which is completely unacceptable. How can sausages be 7.3?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

London Broncos on 17:13 - Mar 28 with 2038 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 15:09 - Mar 28 by Mick_S

I went to the Ealing Park Tavern after Brentford a few years back - lovely place, but they will insist on leaving the £ sign off the menu prices which is completely unacceptable. How can sausages be 7.3?

Yeh food wasn't that great on Sunday which was a shame as step dad was paying.
London Broncos on 21:20 - Mar 29 with 1914 viewsMrSheen

Well that takes the gloss off last week’s gallant defeat.
London Broncos on 07:46 - Mar 30 with 1894 viewsNorthernr

London Broncos on 21:20 - Mar 29 by MrSheen

Well that takes the gloss off last week’s gallant defeat.

We are what we are. We could quite easily go through this season without winning once against Saints, Warrington, Cas, Wakey, Catalans, but we won't lose many against Huddersfield, London, Leeds etc.

Attitude stank last night. Never once looked like they believed they could get anything from it so didn't bother trying. Westerman and others having a big laugh with their Warrington mates on the pitch after the final hooter.
London Broncos on 12:44 - Mar 31 with 1838 viewsDixie_CT

Big game today! Come on you Broncos!
London Broncos on 20:17 - Mar 31 with 1784 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 12:44 - Mar 31 by Dixie_CT

Big game today! Come on you Broncos!

Awful sporting weekend complete as Broncos were poor today and Huddersfield scores with ease.
London Broncos on 17:55 - Jun 10 with 1620 viewsDixie_CT

What a bloody result that was yesterday!

Almost makes up for dodgy decisions in the away game v Huddersfield and Leeds in the magic weekend (although would have swapped yesterday for a win against Leeds)

Writing off Catalans away on Saturday so Hull KR on Thursday 20th June is massive.

London have been involved in some cracking games this year. Despite a few players leaving next season, I really hope they stay up and continue to surprise/piss off other teams.
London Broncos on 08:55 - Jun 11 with 1495 viewsMrSheen

London Broncos on 17:55 - Jun 10 by Dixie_CT

What a bloody result that was yesterday!

Almost makes up for dodgy decisions in the away game v Huddersfield and Leeds in the magic weekend (although would have swapped yesterday for a win against Leeds)

Writing off Catalans away on Saturday so Hull KR on Thursday 20th June is massive.

London have been involved in some cracking games this year. Despite a few players leaving next season, I really hope they stay up and continue to surprise/piss off other teams.

I'm kicking myself for missing that. I've seen Saints rack up 50-60 points so many times, but it serves me right.
London Broncos on 09:18 - Jun 11 with 1474 viewsNorthernr

I'd absolutely pis my pants laughing if the Broncos relegate HKR. Loved the two results, and the manner of them, on Sunday.

That game next Thursday is massive. Sadly I do think the appointment of Tony Smith will just give Rovers the results they need so London really need to beat them next week to have a chance. That said, Rovers are in absolute disarray, open revolt on their social media and message boards about botched recruitment. Think they put all their eggs in the Drinkwater basket after his great season with Catalans, but at Catalans he was playing behind a big pack and he'd previously been a mediocre half for Leigh - bit like us when we went big on Mike Sheron. If they lose at London and then we can beat them at theirs the week after it could be on. Praying.

This post has been edited by an administrator
London Broncos on 13:33 - Jun 11 with 1402 viewsnadera78

Missed that game on Sunday! Bloody family, always getting in the way.

If anyone's interested for the very, very big game v Hull KR on Thursday 20th (thanks for moving it Sky, w*nkers) the club are running an offer - buy a £25 ticket in advance and get 3 beer vouchers. You can't beat that!
London Broncos on 20:57 - Jun 11 with 1330 viewsDixie_CT

London Broncos on 13:33 - Jun 11 by nadera78

Missed that game on Sunday! Bloody family, always getting in the way.

If anyone's interested for the very, very big game v Hull KR on Thursday 20th (thanks for moving it Sky, w*nkers) the club are running an offer - buy a £25 ticket in advance and get 3 beer vouchers. You can't beat that!

Thats a pretty good deal!

Will be my first game back in what feels like an age. It kinda was as it was Catalans at home.

Looking forward to the Hull KR game. I do think this team can rise to the occasion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024