Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan match Fred 09:09 - Feb 2 with 15471 viewsdanehoop

Noticed there didn’t seem to be one, so thought I’d get in for my first.

Tough game today, possibly a week or so too early for us with players still out, but I’m going for a tight 1-1 draw.

Never knowingly understood

Wigan match Fred on 09:14 - Feb 2 with 6289 viewsmerseyhoop

local game for me, travelling from the Wirral.

2-1 win for us and bragging rights for me in work on Monday with a couple of Wigan pie-eaters
Wigan match Fred on 09:21 - Feb 2 with 6273 viewscolinallcars

They have a few new signings but as Mark Hughes would say they need time to “ gel “
2-0 to us.
Wigan match Fred on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 6271 viewsenfieldargh

Wigan match Fred on 09:14 - Feb 2 by merseyhoop

local game for me, travelling from the Wirral.

2-1 win for us and bragging rights for me in work on Monday with a couple of Wigan pie-eaters

Having breakfast at a hotel within view of the stadium.

Bright and sunny morning up here.

Think it will be 0-0 at best or a last minute defeat to send me on a weary and dreary drive back home

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Wigan match Fred on 09:37 - Feb 2 with 6261 viewsfrancisbowles

We should play our strongest team.
Wigan match Fred on 10:46 - Feb 2 with 6159 viewsnix

I'm thinking Mass might be a bit rusty and we may still be in a slight dip. I can see things turning round again but not quite yet so 1-0 to Wigan in a tight match.
Wigan match Fred on 11:04 - Feb 2 with 6135 viewsDorse

I think we will get a result today, probably a win or a draw but, if not, then a loss.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wigan match Fred on 11:10 - Feb 2 with 6113 viewsBoston

A fixture which, if we’re up for it, should produce an away win. I’ll go for a Wigwam 0. QPR 1.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wigan match Fred on 11:30 - Feb 2 with 6093 viewsPunteR

Respect to those travelling. 1- 2 QPR.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan match Fred on 12:14 - Feb 2 with 6038 viewsCFW

Personally I think SM has done a great job (after our god awful start) - he has a style of playing which all the players know and has kept (whenever possible) the same side. I agree with these tatics and I thought under Ollie there was too many changes to style of play and players from week to week.

Now this is fine but we are dependent on the selected players holding their form for best part of the season - so given we currently have injuries to key players and a few who have not performed to their best in recent weeks has given us a run of 'not great results'.

Having said all that we have seen so many times that in this division anyone can beat any team and
league positions can mean nothing. I hope we can get back to winning ways today, a clean sheet would be very welcome and follow this up with a replay win next week.
Wigan match Fred on 13:14 - Feb 2 with 5932 viewsrsonist

Not feeling hugely confident about this one... but we're capable.

I hadn't realised just how bad Wigan's recent form was, but the odd wins they have had have been handsome - Villa, WBA, Hull, Bristol City. And while it may or may not be too soon for them to bed in their new signings look like the sort of experience they've been lacking (the rubbish Danny Fox aside). Have the feeling Clarke and/or Garner might get some change out of us.

Worth keeping an eye on Reece James the right back on loan from the Scum - have seen some stratospheric hype around him, Wigan fans talk about him the way we did Kyle Walker.
Wigan match Fred on 13:20 - Feb 2 with 5908 viewsbosh67

I think we need to be more attacking over the next few games. We've been a bit resistant going forward and have invited teams onto us a bit too much. All well counter attacking but over the past few weeks we haven't concentrated as well doing that and we've been rolling the ball back to the half way line because we've been conceding and not breaking to set up chances. Wells and Eze have had to be too deep and we've been a bit numb. That said, Luongo is back and perhaps, just perhaps we can get BOS playing a bit more and causing more issues with his pace. I would play Luongo and Freeman centre, Woz right and BOS left, Eze and Wells up front.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wigan match Fred on 13:45 - Feb 2 with 5849 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match Fred on 11:10 - Feb 2 by Boston

A fixture which, if we’re up for it, should produce an away win. I’ll go for a Wigwam 0. QPR 1.

and me
Wigan match Fred on 14:16 - Feb 2 with 5704 viewsDannyPaddox

The return of Scowongoman!
Wigan match Fred on 14:23 - Feb 2 with 5635 viewsPinnerPaul

Mass is back as is Eze, otherwise same team.
Wigan match Fred on 14:50 - Feb 2 with 5438 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2-0 to us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wigan match Fred on 14:52 - Feb 2 with 5417 viewsPinnerPaul

Wigan match Fred on 14:50 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

2-0 to us.

Already?! Get in!
Wigan match Fred on 14:59 - Feb 2 with 5365 viewsLeedsR

The Leistner and Lynch defensive line will hold. Mass won’t let them play in the middle giving Eze and Freeman more space. We’ll have just enough for a convincing 0:1 to the Rssss.
Wigan match Fred on 15:05 - Feb 2 with 5287 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley's first goal kick takes 45 seconds!

Wigan match Fred on 15:07 - Feb 2 with 5269 viewsBrianMcCarthy

R's go close with a long-range thumper from Wells. It's parried and Freeman nearly in on the rebound. Cleared.

Wigan match Fred on 15:10 - Feb 2 with 5215 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Jacobs gets free in the right channel but Pilkington ballses up the through ball. Goal kick.

Wigan very attacking, high line and fluid. Plenty of space for us to counter if we get it right at the back.

Wigan match Fred on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 5210 viewsVancouverHoop

crap 1-0
Wigan match Fred on 15:11 - Feb 2 with 5188 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wigan match Fred on 15:10 - Feb 2 by BrianMcCarthy

Jacobs gets free in the right channel but Pilkington ballses up the through ball. Goal kick.

Wigan very attacking, high line and fluid. Plenty of space for us to counter if we get it right at the back.

Which we don't.

1-0 down. Windass played in with ease, and finishes with greater ease. Terrible goal to give away.

Wigan match Fred on 15:13 - Feb 2 with 5124 viewsLeedsR

Ffs, what do I know!?!?!!
Wigan match Fred on 15:15 - Feb 2 with 5080 viewsVancouverHoop

Wells didn't do what Windass did. Identical opportunity.
Wigan match Fred on 15:16 - Feb 2 with 5041 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Poor touch by Wells allows their goalie to hoover up a one-on-one chance after he did brilliantly to get himself in.

They're still playing a high line. If they maintain that we'll get plenty chances.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024