Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? 14:27 - Feb 5 with 26828 viewsrunningman75

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr/joel-lynch-qprs-future-is-bright-a

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:12 - Feb 10 with 1979 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:55 - Feb 10 by WestbourneR

After yesterday, my assessment about Lynch is under serious review! The first goal was an embarrassment.

Toni made his point when he came on.

Thing with Lynch is think he’s quite a talented footballer, technically, but he does seem to lack positioning and a real relish for the nitty gritty of CB play

I would disagree as has shown both those qualities in abundance this year. Few who have been to our last half dozen could argue against Leistner being dropped and his play redeemed by Lumley's save in 88th minute was consistent with his recent form.
It was another of this forum villains who was our game-changer yesterday getting into their faces in the midfield, winning possession and instigating most of our attacks.
I'm hoping Jordan Cousins gets some long overdue credit.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:19 - Feb 10 with 1958 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:12 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

I would disagree as has shown both those qualities in abundance this year. Few who have been to our last half dozen could argue against Leistner being dropped and his play redeemed by Lumley's save in 88th minute was consistent with his recent form.
It was another of this forum villains who was our game-changer yesterday getting into their faces in the midfield, winning possession and instigating most of our attacks.

Bit of whataboutery, bit of changing the subjects. No thoughts on Joel's 61 minutes of absolute fcking horror show yesterday? Made Che Adams look like a fcking Greek God.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:29 - Feb 10 with 1926 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:12 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

It’s not overdue at all. He did well. I hope he continues to do well. I doubt he will but we need someone to step up alongside Luongo.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:32 - Feb 10 with 1922 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:19 - Feb 10 by Northernr

Bit of whataboutery, bit of changing the subjects. No thoughts on Joel's 61 minutes of absolute fcking horror show yesterday? Made Che Adams look like a fcking Greek God.

Changing the subject, thought I responded to Westbourne's post?
Thought Lynch should have done better for 1st, likewise Lumley with his positioning. Hall at fault for 2nd, likewise him and Furlong should have done better for 3rd and same could be said for about half dozen players for 4th.
Central Midfield was root cause of 1st Half horror show as Cousins showed with altheticism and aggression in 2nd Half.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:38 - Feb 10 with 1887 viewsNorthernr

He was absolute dog sht.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:47 - Feb 10 with 1865 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:38 - Feb 10 by Northernr

He was absolute dog sht.

Same when he 'bundled' our first goal against Portsmouth?
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:50 - Feb 10 with 1854 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:47 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

If he can add something to the attack it’s a bonus. If he can’t defend, as he didn’t in the original tie, he’s no use. Throw in the questionable attitude around Christmas time and his age I don’t know why you wouldn’t fancy we could put the wages to better use.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 1849 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:47 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

I asked you what you thought of him yesterday. So far you've responded to that by talking about Leistner, Cousins, Hall and a goal scored by Nahki Wells against a League One side. You're allowed to say he was crap. Because he was.
Login to get fewer ads

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:59 - Feb 10 with 1841 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:51 - Feb 10 by Northernr

I asked you what you thought of him yesterday. So far you've responded to that by talking about Leistner, Cousins, Hall and a goal scored by Nahki Wells against a League One side. You're allowed to say he was crap. Because he was.

Lynch should have been stronger for the 1st goal and wasn't aggressive enough yesterday but I wouldn't say crap as Hall was no better and Leistner has been worse in recent games and would nt say was crap.
To say he was reason for yesterday's horror show is just scape-goating a player who it is popular to dig out on this forum.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:05 - Feb 10 with 1819 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 17:59 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

Lynch should have been stronger for the 1st goal and wasn't aggressive enough yesterday but I wouldn't say crap as Hall was no better and Leistner has been worse in recent games and would nt say was crap.
To say he was reason for yesterday's horror show is just scape-goating a player who it is popular to dig out on this forum.

I refer you back to the title of the thread.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:11 - Feb 10 with 1805 viewsHunterhoop

He was fcking awful and we improved immeasurably with Toni on and him off. Hall has nothing to do with the first two goals, so, yes, Lynch was a lot worse.

He had a crap game. He’s a very limited centre half. We could find 10 better centre halves in League 1 for less money, and we could rely on them to play over Christmas.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:16 - Feb 10 with 1793 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:11 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

He was fcking awful and we improved immeasurably with Toni on and him off. Hall has nothing to do with the first two goals, so, yes, Lynch was a lot worse.

He had a crap game. He’s a very limited centre half. We could find 10 better centre halves in League 1 for less money, and we could rely on them to play over Christmas.

Hall lost Adams for the 2nd and then tried to step up and play an offside never on.
Leistner loss his man likewise on 88th, tried to call an offside never on and then just stopped, not following up any parry from Lumley.
The reason we improved was nothing to do with our defence, it was largely down to a player recently jeered off when substituted.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:23 - Feb 11 with 1643 viewsTheChef

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:11 - Feb 10 by Hunterhoop

This.

The guy only decides to play when a new contract is coming up, he's a shambles of a professional. Get rid.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:35 - Feb 11 with 1624 viewsWatford_Ranger

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:16 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

Hall lost Adams for the 2nd and then tried to step up and play an offside never on.
Leistner loss his man likewise on 88th, tried to call an offside never on and then just stopped, not following up any parry from Lumley.
The reason we improved was nothing to do with our defence, it was largely down to a player recently jeered off when substituted.

Probably safe to say the defence improved a bit given we kept a clean sheet rather than conceding four more. Leistner won the battles mainly. Lynch couldn’t win a raffle. Over the course of his time here he’s been dreadful.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:50 - Feb 11 with 1604 viewsterryb

This is not a defence of Lynch on Saturday, but he wasn't the only player culpable in the first half!

That was the standard Rangers performance when we attempt to play 4-4-2. Scowen & Luongo were cut topieces in the middle & received no help from te two wide men. BOS & Freeman were missing as much as the two full backs were from giving Hall & Lynch any cover.

Birmingham cut through our middle at will!

Changing to 3-5-2 at half time gave us more solidity & Lynch improved greatly. So did Hall. Cousins & Luongo also benefitted from Freeman moving inside to make it three contesting that area. It improved further after Pav replaced Lynch & gave us more going forward than Furlong did. Moving Furlong to part of the three also imcreased our pace at the basck.

Any comparison between individuals is not valid IMO) as they were not like for like. 3-5-2 may not work for us in the next match, but it definitely did against Birmingham.

Birningham's 4-4-2 wokred well in the first half (played every match & understood by their players), but it showed it's limitations in the second half.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:28 - Feb 11 with 1566 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 18:16 - Feb 10 by ParkRoyalR

"The reason we improved was nothing to do with our defence, it was largely down to a player recently jeered off when substituted."

The main reason we improved was because we went to 352, got bodies in midfield and protected our defence.

Lynch was woeful in that first half, a combination of individual errors and poor team tactics.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:32 - Feb 11 with 1553 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 09:50 - Feb 11 by terryb

This is not a defence of Lynch on Saturday, but he wasn't the only player culpable in the first half!

That was the standard Rangers performance when we attempt to play 4-4-2. Scowen & Luongo were cut topieces in the middle & received no help from te two wide men. BOS & Freeman were missing as much as the two full backs were from giving Hall & Lynch any cover.

Birmingham cut through our middle at will!

Changing to 3-5-2 at half time gave us more solidity & Lynch improved greatly. So did Hall. Cousins & Luongo also benefitted from Freeman moving inside to make it three contesting that area. It improved further after Pav replaced Lynch & gave us more going forward than Furlong did. Moving Furlong to part of the three also imcreased our pace at the basck.

Any comparison between individuals is not valid IMO) as they were not like for like. 3-5-2 may not work for us in the next match, but it definitely did against Birmingham.

Birningham's 4-4-2 wokred well in the first half (played every match & understood by their players), but it showed it's limitations in the second half.

Very good post, and brings us back to why we opted for 4-2-3-1 in that we do not have typical left and right midfielders who can do the defensive work needed in a 4-4-2.

I think recent form / tiredness of some players may have forced McClaren's hand in playing Hall and Smith from the start and also think there is something to be said for Eze's ability to hold the ball and give our defence a breather and time to re-group, which they didnt get 1st Half Saturday.

I think McClaren can now work out a clear Plan A (I would go with 4-2-3-1 with Freeman / Eze / Hemed up top and Wells on right) and a Plan B from say 65 / 70 on (where I would swap Hemed and Wells with Smith and Wzolek). On our pitch on a Friday night, I would probably start Leistner with Lynch as have had more game-time together, as good as Hall was against Portsmouth, I'm not sure he his match-fit.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:35 - Feb 11 with 1546 viewsDorse

Re. OP.

Viewed in isolation, Lynch's game on Saturday was, at best, not great. However, he's had a couple of seasons of being 'not great'. He doesn't seem to take control of the game and desperately needs someone alongside him to set the defence up, Onuoha last season, Leistner this. His positioning feels questionable and he has the habit of making rash challenges when things aren't going his way.

All in all, Lynch is not one I would be desperate to keep. The club has shown it has the chops to find decent players in his position (ref. Leistner who was a bit of an unknown quantity), presumably not having to pay over the odds to bring them in. Apparently, the McKay / Joorachian Automatic Pant-Lowering Device (pat. pending) has been removed from the Chairman's office.

We are going to lose some players over the Summer. For example, I would be astonished if Freeman doesn't get snapped up (hopefully for some actual money rather than the usual 300 Nectar Points and a KFC Bargain Bucket that we usually get). Those funds will need to be carefully invested into players that fit the Leistner model: not necessarily big names but 'the right sort'. For the first time in a while, I think we have the leadership team to make it work.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 10:36]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:39 - Feb 11 with 1539 viewsdaveB

Leave off, he was nowhere near Adams for any of the goals, his first half display was one of the worst I've ever seen and I've seen Bob Malcoln play. he made Adams look like the original Ronaldo.

Lynch is hopeless unless he has someone holding his hand through games and 2 players sat in front of him to protect him. Is part of why Holloway played a back 3 with a holding midfield player last season so he doesn't get exposed.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:49 - Feb 11 with 1524 viewsParkRoyalR

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:28 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

"The reason we improved was nothing to do with our defence, it was largely down to a player recently jeered off when substituted."

The main reason we improved was because we went to 352, got bodies in midfield and protected our defence.

Lynch was woeful in that first half, a combination of individual errors and poor team tactics.

But every defender will meet player who's faster/stronger/taller/more intelligent. No defender can dominate in every department

Adams did Lynch for 1st goal and lost Hall for 2nd, Abrahams did likewise to Leistner three or four times albeit he is Premiership quality, more concerning is McGoldrick gave Leistner the run-around at Bramall Lane and he is a fairly average Championship striker

Lynch has been very good this season and one poor half and he gets a level of abuse usually reserved for Cousins.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:00 - Feb 11 with 1506 viewsjonno

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:39 - Feb 11 by daveB

Leave off, he was nowhere near Adams for any of the goals, his first half display was one of the worst I've ever seen and I've seen Bob Malcoln play. he made Adams look like the original Ronaldo.

Lynch is hopeless unless he has someone holding his hand through games and 2 players sat in front of him to protect him. Is part of why Holloway played a back 3 with a holding midfield player last season so he doesn't get exposed.

Absolutely agree which is why I have said on this thread he is not worth a new contract. Difficult to believe we couldn't find a better centre back than Lynch even on the reduced wages we will now be offering. As I've said before, he is simply not a Championship level player, makes too many mistakes and gets turned far too easily, not to mention the amount of needless free kicks he gives away in dangerous areas.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:27 - Feb 11 with 1469 viewsdaveB

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:00 - Feb 11 by jonno

Absolutely agree which is why I have said on this thread he is not worth a new contract. Difficult to believe we couldn't find a better centre back than Lynch even on the reduced wages we will now be offering. As I've said before, he is simply not a Championship level player, makes too many mistakes and gets turned far too easily, not to mention the amount of needless free kicks he gives away in dangerous areas.

The Portsmouth number 5 looks a miles better player then him, forgotten his name though
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:39 - Feb 11 with 1449 viewsNorthernr

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:27 - Feb 11 by daveB

The Portsmouth number 5 looks a miles better player then him, forgotten his name though

Clarke. Getting some very good reviews.
Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:08 - Feb 11 with 1325 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 11:39 - Feb 11 by Northernr

Clarke. Getting some very good reviews.

Interestingly, the commentator was slating him for being too fancy.

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 15:13 - Feb 11 with 1311 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Should Joel Lynch get a new deal? on 10:49 - Feb 11 by ParkRoyalR

But every defender will meet player who's faster/stronger/taller/more intelligent. No defender can dominate in every department

Adams did Lynch for 1st goal and lost Hall for 2nd, Abrahams did likewise to Leistner three or four times albeit he is Premiership quality, more concerning is McGoldrick gave Leistner the run-around at Bramall Lane and he is a fairly average Championship striker

Lynch has been very good this season and one poor half and he gets a level of abuse usually reserved for Cousins.

He's not getting much abuse at all that I can see.

Posters are entitled to analyse the game and individual performance. Lynch has had a decent season all told, starting off very well when the centre-backs were protected expertly by Cameron but recently showing signs of strain in a more open system and having a very poor first half on Saturday when we were overrun.

The problem with our centre-backs is that, with the exception of Furlong should we go down that road, they are all too slow and force us to drop our lines way back the pitch.

Personally, regardless of form or pace I wouldn't renew his contract anyway. His efforts to get himself suspended for Christmas will stick long in my memory.

We're trying to build a culture here, one that excludes people who behave like that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024