Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grant Hall vs Toni? 12:00 - Feb 9 with 3743 viewstimcocking

Intriguing.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:15 - Feb 9 with 3035 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hall hasn’t really been tested yet.

Leistner, for his faults, has been a huge positive this season.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:23 - Feb 9 with 3008 viewsLongsufferingR

Well, Toni has graciously accepted his hair loss while Hall has taken the cosmetic route, so personally I have BFG slightly ahead (no pun intended) on that front.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:37 - Feb 9 with 2979 viewsTHEBUSH

For me Toni wanders out of position too easily.

Stay in the centre please Toni and don't get caught drifting out wide.

While Cameron is out injured, I'd like to see Grant Hall play in front of Big Toni and Lynchy.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:49 - Feb 9 with 2945 viewsPunteR

Leistner. Had a few off games been a positive influence this season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 13:15 - Feb 9 with 2878 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Leistner is having a fine season. We would miss his positioning, heading and organisation.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 15:57 - Feb 9 with 2698 viewsdavman

For this game, Leistner. Just not competing physically anywhere on the pitch.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 16:05 - Feb 9 with 2686 viewsDorse

Based on the current scoreline we might as well have Molly Sugden and Charles Hawtree.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 16:06 - Feb 9 with 2682 viewsbosh67

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 16:05 - Feb 9 by Dorse

Based on the current scoreline we might as well have Molly Sugden and Charles Hawtree.

They may well be all we can afford next season.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 17:21 - Feb 9 with 2597 viewsHunterhoop

On today’s showing, it’s Toni AND Grant Hall, with Joel Lynch a distant distant 3rd.

That first half display from him was utterly appalling. Rarely it is appropriate to say it, but in this instance I think it is; it was a disgraceful performance. He made Che Adams look like Ronaldo.

Toni comes on and barely a sniff for them. Organising the defence, winning everything..passing better. Not even a competition. The lack of leadership in that back 4 last year, without Onouha, and this year without Toni, says it all.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 17:27 - Feb 9 with 2575 viewsA40Bosh

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 16:06 - Feb 9 by bosh67

They may well be all we can afford next season.

So if SML had lost any faith in BFG hopefully he will realise that the guy has to start now.
SML did the right thing at half time. Shored it up to stop it being a proper to king and then when we had pulled it back a bit more at 2-4 took Lynch off and brought Pav on. All you have to do is put a ball down the right channel and off he goes and then delivers in for Smith to attack. If it wasn’t for Camp regardless of the pen save it would have been our win.

Regardless of how well we played 2nd half someone needs shooting for the first half performance.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 18:12 - Feb 12 with 2017 viewsfrancisbowles

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 17:27 - Feb 9 by A40Bosh

So if SML had lost any faith in BFG hopefully he will realise that the guy has to start now.
SML did the right thing at half time. Shored it up to stop it being a proper to king and then when we had pulled it back a bit more at 2-4 took Lynch off and brought Pav on. All you have to do is put a ball down the right channel and off he goes and then delivers in for Smith to attack. If it wasn’t for Camp regardless of the pen save it would have been our win.

Regardless of how well we played 2nd half someone needs shooting for the first half performance.

Don't think SM decided to take Lynch off, he had injured himself when trying to foul their player.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 22:25 - Feb 13 with 1717 viewsRblockPrior

Toni all day for me, hall looks half the player he was a couple of seasons ago

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 01:29 - Feb 14 with 1607 viewsSonofNorfolt

Leistner would be my first name on the teamsheet, Rangers don't get beaten up with him on the park.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 02:14 - Feb 14 with 1591 viewstimcocking

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:23 - Feb 9 by LongsufferingR

Well, Toni has graciously accepted his hair loss while Hall has taken the cosmetic route, so personally I have BFG slightly ahead (no pun intended) on that front.

Interesting, and a fair point, i didn't realise. One for Leistner there, i'm no fan of unnecessary (i've never been able to spell that) cosmetic surgery.

Of our centre backs, Grant Hall i'd hoped had the highest ceiling. Don't expect any improvement at this stage from Lynch or Leistner. So i'm hoping he comes good.

After the last couple of matches, i should have included Lynch in this. That 0-4 period, Toni wasn't on the pitch and that was surely the worst we've been?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 2:16]
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 02:19 - Feb 14 with 1584 viewstimcocking

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 22:25 - Feb 13 by RblockPrior

Toni all day for me, hall looks half the player he was a couple of seasons ago

He's only played about twice in all that time though, so i think he needs to be given a little longer.

I'd probably try Hall and Leistner for the next game. That 0-4...that was a p!ss take.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 10:54 - Feb 14 with 1457 viewsParkRoyalR

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 02:19 - Feb 14 by timcocking

He's only played about twice in all that time though, so i think he needs to be given a little longer.

I'd probably try Hall and Leistner for the next game. That 0-4...that was a p!ss take.

Intriguing is the right word,

Leistners role in the 0-6 2nd Half at West Brom still scars the memory, especially as he had a hand in 4 or 5 of the 7 with poor positioning and slow reactions. His recent run of poor games could be viewed as being checked in 2nd Half v Birmingham and at Bristol City, but poor finishing / good goalkeeping stopped 2 further goals being added to his error account.

If Watford play wingers and target Bidwell, I would play Hall instead of Leistner, as forwards with movement lose Leistner too easily. If they try to play straight through the middle as Villa did at ours, and Leistner can bully Deeney like he did Abrahams at ours, I'd start Leistner.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:06 - Feb 14 with 1444 viewssimmo

If he can stay fit, I'd play Leistner and Lynch all day. That being said if we do play a 3, Lynch as a natural left footer could be the best solution inside of Bidwell, especially as he's also got some experience playing LB.

Pleased Hall is back though, he's showing the extended time out hasn't meant he's lost that positioning and reading of the game which is still excellent.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:12 - Feb 14 with 1439 viewsoldmisery

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 10:54 - Feb 14 by ParkRoyalR

Intriguing is the right word,

Leistners role in the 0-6 2nd Half at West Brom still scars the memory, especially as he had a hand in 4 or 5 of the 7 with poor positioning and slow reactions. His recent run of poor games could be viewed as being checked in 2nd Half v Birmingham and at Bristol City, but poor finishing / good goalkeeping stopped 2 further goals being added to his error account.

If Watford play wingers and target Bidwell, I would play Hall instead of Leistner, as forwards with movement lose Leistner too easily. If they try to play straight through the middle as Villa did at ours, and Leistner can bully Deeney like he did Abrahams at ours, I'd start Leistner.

Wouldn't put much money on the BFG being able to bully Deeney, who incidentally and despite being their captain (I've seen them live twice this season) is in my opinion their worst player.
If Rangel was fit, I'd be inclined to play Hall and Furlong as centre backs as I dread to think how easily their attacking players will be able to pull Leistner and Lynch out of position before rounding them at their leisure and if Scowen is 'protecting' them, the old adage of hot knife through butter comes to mind.
I really hope I'm wrong but I fear an Arsenal circa 2001 result may be in the offing.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:29 - Feb 14 with 1420 viewsWestbourneR

No way is Scowen going to play. I think McLaren's had enough and I don't blame after last Saturday. Expect to see Cousins in there... shudder... for all his work rate he's actually a powder puff tackler. I'm just not really sure what the kid is good at apart from running around a lot.

Personally I'd ask Luongo to do a shift as deeper def mid and bring Manning in alongside him.

OR

Rangel at RB
Furlong in the middle with Toni
and Hall goes to defensive midfield.

Might be the best solution.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:44 - Feb 14 with 1390 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:12 - Feb 14 by oldmisery

Wouldn't put much money on the BFG being able to bully Deeney, who incidentally and despite being their captain (I've seen them live twice this season) is in my opinion their worst player.
If Rangel was fit, I'd be inclined to play Hall and Furlong as centre backs as I dread to think how easily their attacking players will be able to pull Leistner and Lynch out of position before rounding them at their leisure and if Scowen is 'protecting' them, the old adage of hot knife through butter comes to mind.
I really hope I'm wrong but I fear an Arsenal circa 2001 result may be in the offing.

You are living up to your user name with that last sentence eh!
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 12:05 - Feb 14 with 1367 viewssimmo

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:29 - Feb 14 by WestbourneR

No way is Scowen going to play. I think McLaren's had enough and I don't blame after last Saturday. Expect to see Cousins in there... shudder... for all his work rate he's actually a powder puff tackler. I'm just not really sure what the kid is good at apart from running around a lot.

Personally I'd ask Luongo to do a shift as deeper def mid and bring Manning in alongside him.

OR

Rangel at RB
Furlong in the middle with Toni
and Hall goes to defensive midfield.

Might be the best solution.

I think we'll play the same team that started against Bristol, with maybe Lynch for Hall if he's fit enough.

Leistner needs to play, there's nobody else that comes close to being able to match the strength of their forwards, we just need to get the balance of CM right in protecting the defence and transitioning into attack when we get a chance.

Think it'll basically be like Villa at home, backs to the wall and go all out for a 1-0 win.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 14:11 - Feb 14 with 1283 viewsridethewave

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 11:06 - Feb 14 by simmo

If he can stay fit, I'd play Leistner and Lynch all day. That being said if we do play a 3, Lynch as a natural left footer could be the best solution inside of Bidwell, especially as he's also got some experience playing LB.

Pleased Hall is back though, he's showing the extended time out hasn't meant he's lost that positioning and reading of the game which is still excellent.

I don;t want Lynch anywhere near my club again. Hall has to play alongside Leistner.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 14:46 - Feb 14 with 1267 viewsParkRoyalR

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 14:11 - Feb 14 by ridethewave

I don;t want Lynch anywhere near my club again. Hall has to play alongside Leistner.

After the terrors of August, many thought we were relegation certainties, Lynch's great form up to Christmas, when many were criticising Cameron, changed that, so if fit has to start Friday and I'd go with Leistner, with Hall and Luongo as CDM's, on basis Hall can protect Bidwell better than Cousins.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 22:01 - Feb 19 with 1058 viewsHunterhoop

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 14:46 - Feb 14 by ParkRoyalR

After the terrors of August, many thought we were relegation certainties, Lynch's great form up to Christmas, when many were criticising Cameron, changed that, so if fit has to start Friday and I'd go with Leistner, with Hall and Luongo as CDM's, on basis Hall can protect Bidwell better than Cousins.

Bump.
Grant Hall vs Toni? on 22:07 - Feb 19 with 1017 viewsParkRoyalR

Grant Hall vs Toni? on 22:01 - Feb 19 by Hunterhoop

Bump.

Poor mistake, Bidwell got away with two immediately after and let Murphy walk round him for the 2nd. We conceded 3, Bidwell was a spectator but as we can't blame the outstanding Cousins, Lynch will have to take this one, Error count still half that off Leistner this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024