Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 13:22 - Feb 10 with 5390 viewsHayesender

Don't wanna dig the lad out, but I think he's been very poor the last month or so.

Just seen the goals again from yesterday, and I would be very concerned about our goalkeeper dept if I was McClaren.

I would take him out of the firing line on Tuesday, but I fear another drubbing would finish Ingram off

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Lumley on 12:05 - Feb 12 with 1177 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lumley on 11:17 - Feb 12 by WestbourneR

Same reason they were in Danny Graham, Cameron Jerome, Ross McCormack etc. etc. he's on a hot streak and he's over-rated.

Che Adam is a muscular lump with a bit of pace profiting from the rubbish Championship standard defending.

I'd like to see him carve out a chance in the Prem.

If you're right - we'll see - and we can pick this conversation up again. Fair?

it's not really worth the row, but what he could or couldn't do in the Prem is pretty irrelevant. It's what he can do to this league that counts, and currently he's extremely effective and getting a lot of goals. By any stretch, at the level we're playing at, he's demonstrably not 'bang average' - although he may well be at prem level!

Bare bones.

Lumley on 12:21 - Feb 12 with 1143 viewsCamberleyR

Be interesting to see if Adams is your classic journeyman striker that's having the one good season every journeyman has or whether he's the real deal. Prior to this season his two full seasons for Birminghamin the Championship produced the Washingtonesque stats of 16 goals in 76 games. And even the season before, for Sheff U in L1 they were a hardly impressive 12 in 41.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Lumley on 13:27 - Feb 12 with 1085 viewsdanky

Lumley on 15:23 - Feb 10 by HighWycombeHoop

I think his confidence has suffered as a result of him getting his nose broken at Villa Park. He doesn’t seem quite the same to me since then. Might take a while to get that out of his head during games?

A keeper is only as good as whats in front of him. With the shield that Cameron provided missing, both center backs have had problems. This has exposed Lumley and as a result his confidence has taken a battering.
Lumley on 08:44 - Feb 13 with 959 viewsJordanFoster

I know he is young and learning, but his Ederson impession was wearing thin last night.
Lumley on 10:27 - Feb 13 with 877 viewsThe_Mole

I really hope the lad makes it, but at the minute can someone tell me what his positives are, as I'm struggling to see them?

Last night showed again he will not come for crosses and command his six yard box (despite his size and presence) and although City's equaliser was a neat goal, he flopped to his knees (similar to Birmingham's 4th) instead of attempting a standard dive?

I know he's young and learning and lord I want him to succeed but it worries me a little that we only have him and Ingram on the books now
Lumley on 10:28 - Feb 13 with 872 viewsNorthernr

Lumley on 10:27 - Feb 13 by The_Mole

I really hope the lad makes it, but at the minute can someone tell me what his positives are, as I'm struggling to see them?

Last night showed again he will not come for crosses and command his six yard box (despite his size and presence) and although City's equaliser was a neat goal, he flopped to his knees (similar to Birmingham's 4th) instead of attempting a standard dive?

I know he's young and learning and lord I want him to succeed but it worries me a little that we only have him and Ingram on the books now

Yeh he's having a wobble, but given how Ingram did against Leeds you wouldn't drop him surely?
Lumley on 10:42 - Feb 13 with 842 viewsWestbourneR

I am a fan but he looks rattled and off the pace. Soft goals are going in and that's not good at all.

If Matt Ingram isn't asked to kick... we might be five games away from him having him back in the team.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Lumley on 11:06 - Feb 13 with 779 viewsGuppy22

Neither of the goals last night were his fault, is he as good as Smithies was, not yet, he is prone to the odd mistake but name a goalkeeper that isn't. His confidence has taken a hit but like previously said I would much rather him than Ingram
Login to get fewer ads

Lumley on 11:07 - Feb 13 with 777 viewsTHEBUSH

According to some on here, both our keepers ain't up to it ?

Looks like we made a grave error in letting Smithes go?

Perhaps we should have sold one of the outfield players, to make ends meet
Lumley on 11:36 - Feb 13 with 735 viewsThe_Mole

Lumley on 10:28 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Yeh he's having a wobble, but given how Ingram did against Leeds you wouldn't drop him surely?

Hell NO!!

It's a shame with Ingram, as he came to us with reasonably high expectations but just fills me with dread every time he plays!

You have to wonder though what the keeper coaches see day in day out and what they work on in training? Surely it isn't just us fans that can pin-point certain weaknesses?

As for Smithies - what a blow, especially as he's just sitting at Cardiff warming the bench
Lumley on 11:48 - Feb 13 with 713 viewsTheChef

Lumley on 11:07 - Feb 13 by THEBUSH

According to some on here, both our keepers ain't up to it ?

Looks like we made a grave error in letting Smithes go?

Perhaps we should have sold one of the outfield players, to make ends meet

Don't think we could afford to keep Smithies and let him go for nothing once his contract expired. Market forces dictated we had to take the one offer we got (and which he probably wanted given it was a Prem club).

As for Lumley, he'll have dips in form and confidence like many players do, I think it's what you call learning on the job.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Lumley on 13:30 - Feb 13 with 625 viewsNorthernr

Lumley on 11:36 - Feb 13 by The_Mole

Hell NO!!

It's a shame with Ingram, as he came to us with reasonably high expectations but just fills me with dread every time he plays!

You have to wonder though what the keeper coaches see day in day out and what they work on in training? Surely it isn't just us fans that can pin-point certain weaknesses?

As for Smithies - what a blow, especially as he's just sitting at Cardiff warming the bench

Lumley's very young for a keeper. Peaks and troughs in form before he levels out to being the goalkeeper he's always going to be were inevitable. He's playing behind a defence that is both struggling and constantly changing at the moment, in a team out of form. He's done some troubling things lately but has he made a howler howler yet? I agree with you he;'s not playing well but I'd stick with, one through lack of alternative and two because there's a good chance he emerges from the other side stronger for the experience, a decent keeper with some street smarts under his belt, and a better asset.

Or, you know, turns into Tony Roberts and tortures us for the next ten years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024