Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread 18:48 - Feb 10 with 6202 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

#3 Hill goal v Bolton
#2 Encroachment v Birmingham
#1 Cantona 96th minute goal

What have I forgotten?
QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread on 02:24 - Feb 14 with 595 viewstimcocking

The refs have their priorities all wrong. Clearly, they usually lack understanding of actually playing football.

They almost always let the opposition off with any cynical fouls which ruin a breakaway. These are prime yellow card incidents every time for me. Cynical, deliberate cheating, to prevent an attack. They let it go unpunished every week against us. You literally see the opposition players laughing as the ref doesn't even book them for potentially stopping a goal through foul play. The refs aren't bothered by things like this, or all of that shirt pulling malarkey which is de rigeur nowadays.

Yet are absolutely fcuking paranoid about any late tackle whatsoever, which i wouldn't usually bother with awarding yellows if it was an honest attempt and close. So a player gets slightly hurt sometimes, big bloody deal. They're paid a fcuking fortune for it. How many times has anybody ever played in a game when a player has broken a leg? Virtually never. Or God help any dissent, even though the ref may have just fcuked up so badly he's cost us the entire match. Disgraceful how they get off Scott free every week. That's why they (deserve to) take such abuse.

They are really poor usually*.

* Although, i've felt on balance they've been much more inclined to let tackles go recently, better than a year or two ago certainly.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 6:30]
QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread on 09:29 - Feb 14 with 518 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread on 16:41 - Feb 13 by LongsufferingR

Correct decision yes, but if the rule was to make sense, it should be an indirect free kick to the other side. Otherwise, let's say Hart scuffed it and saw Charlie was bearing down on it, he could just kick it again on purpose and get away with a retake.

Yes that's right but they are considering changing law next season - so that ball can be played by another player in the area - in that case it would be like fk above, so free kick for a double touch
QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread on 09:31 - Feb 14 with 516 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR Skanked by the Ref Thread on 16:50 - Feb 13 by W7Ranger

So what happens if you have 2 touches on a free kick? You roll it forward with your foot a couple of feet before launching forward? Is it re-taken? Or is a free kick given to the opposition?

And didn't that Boro penalty stand because it wasn't seen by the officials? Otherwise you'd be able to shoot again from a rebound off the woodwork with a second kick of the ball.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2019 16:55]

1) FK to oppo

2) Mistake by officials, should have been fk to oppo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024