Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? 21:43 - Feb 12 with 7380 viewsRangersDave

Seriously worried that there might just be an underlying problem with referees this season, and i'm not about to go all 'Danny Baker' here (hopefully you all remember what he said for the BBC that got him fired), but you have to wonder, dont you?

Yes we should put away our chances, but the amount of terrible decisions is mounting by the week, and i have an uneasy feeling it cannot be simply bad luck.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 23:11 - Feb 12 with 1987 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 21:46 - Feb 12 by paulparker

We shot ourselves in the foot how many times can you try and clear the ball from the 18 yard box but just gift it back to the oppo , both goals we should have cleared the ball when we had the chance , they were bang average as well , the ref had the hump with us with all the time wasting he was always going to give the pen

100% this
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 23:48 - Feb 12 with 1893 viewsManinBlack

To be fair to the (another) poor excuse of a referee, whilst it was an atrocious penalty decision, I have to say that I didn't see much wrong with the disallowed headed goal Bristol scored earlier. There didn't seem to be much evidence of a foul and I would have been furious to see that ruled out if it was us. I suspect the ref realised he may have been wrong to wipe the goal out so rectified it when the chance came very late on.

It now looks like the first four teams to beat us at the season start are all going to claim 6 points off us. I am even more convinced Albion will win looking at the equally awful penalty they got tonight. Presumably the ref will be only too eager to give them a penalty when one of their players slips on a worm and won't give us a pen when Matt Smith is on the receiving end of a forearm smash rendering him unconscious.

By the way did anyone notice that Bolton won at Birmingham? Presumably we softened them up on Saturday. The upshot of that result is that we have now slumped to the foot of the table on current form. Can it get any worse?
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 07:54 - Feb 13 with 1698 viewsjonno

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 22:11 - Feb 12 by Toast_R

If you have 80% posession, sling cross after cross in the box chances are your going to score eventually. They did, everything they were doing was coming through Eliasson and surprise surprise he scores from the same position we've been allowing him to tear us a new one in all half. That was dissapointing. Then everytime we managed to come away with the ball we were passing the ball to either a Bristol City player or a 12th QPR player who was only visible to other QPR players and furthermore, was obviously incompetent at holding up the ball because it kept coming right back at us. Yes conceding a late penalty sucks but fck me we needed to show a better game plan than just defending like fck and time wasting.

Agree. I've been saying all season how poor our ball retention is. You simply cannot keep giving the ball back to the opposition and expect to get results, especially at this level. McLaren clearly realises this and they need to address the issue urgently IMHO. If you go a goal up away from home particularly the way to run down the clock - if that's your game plan - is to keep possession for long periods. It frustrates the opposition and puts more pressure on them when they do have the ball. In that way, the referee won't be looking to "punish" you for the kind of time wasting tactics we regularly indulge in.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 10:08 - Feb 13 with 1582 viewsstevec

Think the refs had a spasm and thought Furlong was the attacker and Bristol bloke the defender.

They must have had as many players in our area as we did for the second half and he's got totally confused.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 10:38 - Feb 13 with 1551 viewsfrancisbowles

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 23:48 - Feb 12 by ManinBlack

To be fair to the (another) poor excuse of a referee, whilst it was an atrocious penalty decision, I have to say that I didn't see much wrong with the disallowed headed goal Bristol scored earlier. There didn't seem to be much evidence of a foul and I would have been furious to see that ruled out if it was us. I suspect the ref realised he may have been wrong to wipe the goal out so rectified it when the chance came very late on.

It now looks like the first four teams to beat us at the season start are all going to claim 6 points off us. I am even more convinced Albion will win looking at the equally awful penalty they got tonight. Presumably the ref will be only too eager to give them a penalty when one of their players slips on a worm and won't give us a pen when Matt Smith is on the receiving end of a forearm smash rendering him unconscious.

By the way did anyone notice that Bolton won at Birmingham? Presumably we softened them up on Saturday. The upshot of that result is that we have now slumped to the foot of the table on current form. Can it get any worse?

From memory I thought he was backing into Lumley without trying to get the ball and I heard the whistle before it went in the net.

So I thought it was the correct decision.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:55 - Feb 13 with 1399 viewsRsStaines

When the free kick was taken that got the ball into the box from which the (penalty ) was given the ball was moving another mistake by the officials.
Looked like the ball was not on the penalty spot.
Law 14 Penalty Kick:
The ball must be stationary on the penalty mark.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:21 - Feb 13 with 1332 viewskingo

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:55 - Feb 13 by RsStaines

When the free kick was taken that got the ball into the box from which the (penalty ) was given the ball was moving another mistake by the officials.
Law 14 Penalty Kick:

By the sound of what has been said previously, there are laws that referees are told to ignore, apart from if it effects one of their chosen teams of course. A law should be a law, not ignored if it suits.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:22 - Feb 13 with 1330 viewsMatch82

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:55 - Feb 13 by RsStaines

Law 14 Penalty Kick:

That was a bit weird, 4 or 5 Rangers players pointed that out to the ref well before the penalty was taken and he had no interest
Login to get fewer ads

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:33 - Feb 13 with 1311 viewsJuzzie

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:22 - Feb 13 by Match82

That was a bit weird, 4 or 5 Rangers players pointed that out to the ref well before the penalty was taken and he had no interest

My brother used to play non-league with Carlshalton. One game a free kick was take by the opposition and my brother pointed out to the ref the ball hadn't rotated a full turn before it was kicked by another team player. Pedantic? Maybe, but the ref's reply was a curt 'f**k off'.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 1303 viewsenfieldargh

So many poor decisions we’ve been on the receiving end from refs,

Key ones that I’ve seen this season

Sheff Utd penalty to make it 1-2
At least 6 blatant penalties against Mattieu probably more
Hand ball at Wigan plus more I can’t remember the games

They say these things even themselves out if so we need to get practicing at taking the bloody things although difficult when you rarely get awarded one.

The main thing for me is that yes I only see us and the opposition once or twice a season but rarely does a team give away possession more than us. Being pressed and making misplaced passes is one thing but todo it so much in virtually every game is our biggest enemy

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:50 - Feb 13 with 1274 viewsPinnerPaul

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 21:57 - Feb 12 by smegma

Oh I can think of a regular on here who will stick up for him.

2nd word is off

Did you actually read my posts on ref v Birmingham?
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 15:33 - Feb 13 with 1208 viewsstowmarketrange

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:36 - Feb 13 by enfieldargh

So many poor decisions we’ve been on the receiving end from refs,

Key ones that I’ve seen this season

Sheff Utd penalty to make it 1-2
At least 6 blatant penalties against Mattieu probably more
Hand ball at Wigan plus more I can’t remember the games

They say these things even themselves out if so we need to get practicing at taking the bloody things although difficult when you rarely get awarded one.

The main thing for me is that yes I only see us and the opposition once or twice a season but rarely does a team give away possession more than us. Being pressed and making misplaced passes is one thing but todo it so much in virtually every game is our biggest enemy

Also the ghost penalty at Blackburn cost us a point too.Thats 4 or 5 vital points lost to dodgy refs this season alone.
How much longer can this incompetency carry on?
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 16:03 - Feb 13 with 1183 viewsterryb

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 21:46 - Feb 12 by paulparker

We shot ourselves in the foot how many times can you try and clear the ball from the 18 yard box but just gift it back to the oppo , both goals we should have cleared the ball when we had the chance , they were bang average as well , the ref had the hump with us with all the time wasting he was always going to give the pen

The ref only added four minutes on & that was with four substitutes & a goal.

That didn't leave much added for time wasting!
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 1168 viewsW7Ranger

The penalty given against BFG up at Leeds.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:12 - Feb 14 with 919 viewsManinBlack

I work with an Arsenal fan and he has this belief that small clubs are an irrelevance and that the major decisions are made in favour of the bigger clubs at the business end of the table where the money is. It is in the best interests of the football league to have the bigger clubs competing for promotion so any assistance from the match officials to keep the status quo and keep the promotion excitement going is welcomed. In tight matches like we had against Sheffield Utd at home, Blackburn, Bristol City, Leeds away the perceived bigger club were given suspect penalties to get them over the line as they were labouring in open play. Let's face it we would not have got those penalties against those clubs that went against us.

The bigger clubs and those with the most money are in the top half competing to go up and from 18th down the smaller, financially poorer are floundering about. It has always been the case that refereeing decisions favour the teams doing well in the league particularly when they play the teams near the bottom. It was vitally important that Bristol City kept their winning run going at all costs to benefit the promotion race. Stuff QPR a small club going nowhere so it won't harm them to lose again they are not going down.

Look at the live TV coverage and just see how often the bigger clubs are being shown in comparison to QPR, Millwall, Rotherham, Wigan. As that Arsenal fan says we are an irrelevance as Sky know these clubs are hard up so not likely to be in the promotion picture so there is little interest in covering matches those clubs are involved in.

You can see the arrogance with other fans when they play QPR, they always think their club is bigger and should be beating teams like QPR. When they fail to beat us it is because of the match officials or they had an off day or our victory was undeserved. Even the managers of those clubs we have beaten this season generally claim they were better and they didn't deserve to lose. The basis for their bitterness is they feel they are bigger clubs and have more money and "how dare that skint little team beat us" so they take the moral high ground and claim they were better than us even though they lost. Villa being a prime example where we took 4 points off them but their manager and fans all proclaim they were the better team in both games.

If Leeds go up and Sunderland return to the Championship then I fully expect Sky Sports Leeds to become Sky Sports Sunderland next season to keep the big club syndrome going. When the Footbal League proclaimed that QPR were a valued member what they actually meant was we are valued as a league 1/2 club where the smaller clubs should be. I know this smacks of cynicism and resentment on my part but the way we get treated and spoken about by the football authorities, other clubs and match officials is very troubling and dis-heartening.

The last few matches has demonstrated what we are up against and rest assured it will be the same crap next season as well. Unless VAR is introduced in the EFL then we will continue to be on the butt end of big decisions. For smaller clubs to compete we do need VAR whether you like it or not. If we had it now the results of the past week or so would have been different.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:31 - Feb 14 with 882 viewskingo

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:12 - Feb 14 by ManinBlack

I work with an Arsenal fan and he has this belief that small clubs are an irrelevance and that the major decisions are made in favour of the bigger clubs at the business end of the table where the money is. It is in the best interests of the football league to have the bigger clubs competing for promotion so any assistance from the match officials to keep the status quo and keep the promotion excitement going is welcomed. In tight matches like we had against Sheffield Utd at home, Blackburn, Bristol City, Leeds away the perceived bigger club were given suspect penalties to get them over the line as they were labouring in open play. Let's face it we would not have got those penalties against those clubs that went against us.

The bigger clubs and those with the most money are in the top half competing to go up and from 18th down the smaller, financially poorer are floundering about. It has always been the case that refereeing decisions favour the teams doing well in the league particularly when they play the teams near the bottom. It was vitally important that Bristol City kept their winning run going at all costs to benefit the promotion race. Stuff QPR a small club going nowhere so it won't harm them to lose again they are not going down.

Look at the live TV coverage and just see how often the bigger clubs are being shown in comparison to QPR, Millwall, Rotherham, Wigan. As that Arsenal fan says we are an irrelevance as Sky know these clubs are hard up so not likely to be in the promotion picture so there is little interest in covering matches those clubs are involved in.

You can see the arrogance with other fans when they play QPR, they always think their club is bigger and should be beating teams like QPR. When they fail to beat us it is because of the match officials or they had an off day or our victory was undeserved. Even the managers of those clubs we have beaten this season generally claim they were better and they didn't deserve to lose. The basis for their bitterness is they feel they are bigger clubs and have more money and "how dare that skint little team beat us" so they take the moral high ground and claim they were better than us even though they lost. Villa being a prime example where we took 4 points off them but their manager and fans all proclaim they were the better team in both games.

If Leeds go up and Sunderland return to the Championship then I fully expect Sky Sports Leeds to become Sky Sports Sunderland next season to keep the big club syndrome going. When the Footbal League proclaimed that QPR were a valued member what they actually meant was we are valued as a league 1/2 club where the smaller clubs should be. I know this smacks of cynicism and resentment on my part but the way we get treated and spoken about by the football authorities, other clubs and match officials is very troubling and dis-heartening.

The last few matches has demonstrated what we are up against and rest assured it will be the same crap next season as well. Unless VAR is introduced in the EFL then we will continue to be on the butt end of big decisions. For smaller clubs to compete we do need VAR whether you like it or not. If we had it now the results of the past week or so would have been different.

This doesn’t surprise me at all. The FA and EFL are not really bothered about football anymore, it is all about money and little else.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:32 - Feb 14 with 880 viewsTGRRRSSS

They have a serious issue brewing here, they will actually destroy their own business in effect deliberately.
Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 14:55 - Feb 14 with 840 viewsQPR_John

Incompetent refereeing or.........??? on 13:12 - Feb 14 by ManinBlack

In a nutshell

"Unless VAR is introduced in the EFL then we will continue to be on the butt end of big decisions."

What we have seen in the last two matches goes to explain why the authorities were so reluctant to introduce VAR. Referees will not be able to hide form bad decisions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024