Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latest QPR accounts 09:39 - Feb 14 with 14356 viewsNorthernr

Not as bad as it has been but not great news.

The accounts are for last season (Holloway) and show a £37m loss of which £20m is the FFP fine.

£17m loss is still a lot, up from £6.4m the year before. It means we'll breach FFP this season if we lose more than £15m, and means we can only lose £20m over this season and next or we're in breach again.

Wages as a percentage of turnover back up to 98% from 64%.

This is all the effect of the declining parachute payment, which is reduced again for this season and disappears altogether next. Shows why we had to let Onuoha and Robinson go and sell Smithies.

Paid £4.8m to buy players (Scowen, Baptiste, Wheeler, Samuel, Smyth), received £0.1m (Gladwin, Doughty, Bowler, El Khayati, Henry, Ngbakoto, Reece Cox, Comley, Borysiuk).

It's tight.

Follow @nrogers959 on Twitter for a proper run down.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Latest QPR accounts on 13:38 - Feb 14 with 1836 viewsTheChef

Latest QPR accounts on 13:33 - Feb 14 by Northernr

The Sky commentator was saying last night Villa think they're fine even if they don't go up this year. I just do not see how that is possible.

Birmingham are getting 12 points off imminently. Sheff Wed presumably will follow as they've breached.

Given that neither of them are QPR, they'll probably only get a slapped bottom and told not to do it again.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latest QPR accounts on 13:48 - Feb 14 with 1801 viewsconnell10

So basically before a ball is even kicked for next season we are f ucked! Might lump on us to go down and try to recuperate the money i spent on next seasons, season ticket!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Latest QPR accounts on 13:56 - Feb 14 with 1771 viewsNorthernr

Latest QPR accounts on 13:48 - Feb 14 by connell10

So basically before a ball is even kicked for next season we are f ucked! Might lump on us to go down and try to recuperate the money i spent on next seasons, season ticket!

I think our final parachute payment received this season was something like £8m (without checking). Let's say that this season with that payment we reduce our loss to £10m. A £10m loss this season coupled with a £17m loss last season would allow us to lose £12m next season without breaching FFP. But we'd have to find £6m in additional revenue next season just to do that, or one Luke Freeman to you and me.
Latest QPR accounts on 13:57 - Feb 14 with 1764 viewsridethewave

Latest QPR accounts on 13:48 - Feb 14 by connell10

Not sure you'll get much for your bet, we'll likely be odds-on.
Latest QPR accounts on 13:59 - Feb 14 with 1753 viewsAntti_Heinola

Let's not get too despondent. Plenty of clubs survive in this league with wage bills well below ours.

Bare bones.

Latest QPR accounts on 14:05 - Feb 14 with 1724 viewssmegma

Latest QPR accounts on 13:33 - Feb 14 by Northernr

The Sky commentator was saying last night Villa think they're fine even if they don't go up this year. I just do not see how that is possible.

Birmingham are getting 12 points off imminently. Sheff Wed presumably will follow as they've breached.

A bloke who works for Chelsea attends our under 23 games quite regularly and he tells me Tammy Abraham is on £2.5m a year which Villa pay and Villa paid £1m for a season long loan. So I reckon if they don't go up Villa will be in the mire.
Latest QPR accounts on 14:12 - Feb 14 with 1692 viewsDejR_vu

Latest QPR accounts on 10:43 - Feb 14 by ted_hendrix

Accountancy?

Why bother? used to be that you could turn up at your club every other Saturday afternoon, gulp a few pints in the pub, watch a game of football without worrying about something called financial fair play/pay or whatever the fck its called nowadays, I don't ever recall back in the day ever crapping myself during a game about facing a points deduction at the end of the season because my club had spent too much money on bastard light bulbs and corporate bleeding sandwiches.

The bloke who plays for the Arse is going to play in Italy at the end of the season and get paid £400k per week?

Yea that's right you couldn't make it up. not quite sure what I'm going on about but I just sometimes wish/hanker for the old days when football was about just that football and not bloody money/finances/points deductions/4.00pm KO's on a pox ridden Sunday/useless referees.

I never drove to Loftus Road years ago worrying about our accounts.

Exactly what the architects of FFP / EPPP want to see.

This basically shows that we won't even be able to compete at this level after this season.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Latest QPR accounts on 14:15 - Feb 14 with 1681 viewsDavieQPR

Latest QPR accounts on 13:56 - Feb 14 by Northernr

I think our final parachute payment received this season was something like £8m (without checking). Let's say that this season with that payment we reduce our loss to £10m. A £10m loss this season coupled with a £17m loss last season would allow us to lose £12m next season without breaching FFP. But we'd have to find £6m in additional revenue next season just to do that, or one Luke Freeman to you and me.

£9.6m Parachute payment. Almost every team without a parachute payment is going to struggle next season. It will be a Buyer's Market with so many players not having their contracts renewed.
Login to get fewer ads

Latest QPR accounts on 14:19 - Feb 14 with 1669 viewsQPR_John

Latest QPR accounts on 14:05 - Feb 14 by smegma

A bloke who works for Chelsea attends our under 23 games quite regularly and he tells me Tammy Abraham is on £2.5m a year which Villa pay and Villa paid £1m for a season long loan. So I reckon if they don't go up Villa will be in the mire.

Remember this is Aston Villa we are talking about. The Premier League would love to be able to welcome them if they did not have to go through the process of having to get promoted. Doubt the FL would dare penalise them.
Latest QPR accounts on 14:23 - Feb 14 with 1660 viewsDejR_vu

Latest QPR accounts on 11:46 - Feb 14 by BAWHoops

It appears as though we are destined to be a League 1 club in the next 5-10 years.
We simply don't turn a big enough profit to stay consistently at this level.
Even if we get £10m for Freeman I can't see that being reinvested into the playing squad

Based on those figures, assuming there's no massive salaries still to drop off, I reckon we need to raise a net £12-15m a season from player sales, every year, just to keep the losses to £13m, so that we can stay within the three-year rolling £39m.

The only thing you really have supporting a small club is hope. Sky and the authorities have taken that away.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 14:33]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Latest QPR accounts on 14:42 - Feb 14 with 1609 viewsterryb

How do clubs like Millwall & Preston etc manage to comply with FFP quite easily?

No parachute payments, lower income than Queens Park Rangers, but I've never read that they have a problem.

Do they survive on transfer receipts, or is it down to financial management?

I would have included Brentford in the question, but I assume their transfer sales bring a large profit.

Are these not the type of clubs we should be comparing our accounts with, rather than Forest, Villa, 'boro?

What is for sure, is that Rangers need to reduce the staff costs by a lot more than we have already achieved. Much has been done, but 98% costs for last season show what an awful position we started from!
Latest QPR accounts on 14:44 - Feb 14 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

Latest QPR accounts on 14:42 - Feb 14 by terryb

How do clubs like Millwall & Preston etc manage to comply with FFP quite easily?

No parachute payments, lower income than Queens Park Rangers, but I've never read that they have a problem.

I would have included Brentford in the question, but I assume their transfer sales bring a large profit.

Are these not the type of clubs we should be comparing our accounts with, rather than Forest, Villa, 'boro?

What is for sure, is that Rangers need to reduce the staff costs by a lot more than we have already achieved. Much has been done, but 98% costs for last season show what an awful position we started from!

Much lower wage bill. Which is what we need to get to. Telling that Millwall couldn't get near the money Matt Smith is on when they wanted him in January.

This will require people not to lose their sht when we have to do thinks like release Onuoha and Robinson last summer, or some/all of Bidwell, Pav, Hall, Lynch this summer.
Latest QPR accounts on 14:50 - Feb 14 with 1590 viewsQPR_John

Latest QPR accounts on 14:42 - Feb 14 by terryb

"How do clubs like Millwall & Preston etc manage to comply with FFP quite easily? "

I imagine by adopting the approach we now seem to be doing. Doubt either of them will ever bother the top of the table on a regular basis. Having to rely on transfer money cannot be a long term financial plan
Latest QPR accounts on 14:53 - Feb 14 with 1583 viewsAntti_Heinola

Latest QPR accounts on 14:50 - Feb 14 by QPR_John

"How do clubs like Millwall & Preston etc manage to comply with FFP quite easily? "

I imagine by adopting the approach we now seem to be doing. Doubt either of them will ever bother the top of the table on a regular basis. Having to rely on transfer money cannot be a long term financial plan

see your point, but actually we absolutely should be looking to make profits on players - and every season if we can. Agree you can't 'rely' on it, though.
At the moment, we probably have three players teams might play decent money for: Freeman, Eze and Luongo.

Bare bones.

Latest QPR accounts on 15:08 - Feb 14 with 1549 viewsvegasranger

Latest QPR accounts on 13:59 - Feb 14 by Antti_Heinola

Let's not get too despondent. Plenty of clubs survive in this league with wage bills well below ours.

This is very true Antti. I noticed that Millwall although interested in Matt Smith couldn't afford his wages.
Latest QPR accounts on 15:14 - Feb 14 with 1534 viewsElHoop

Latest QPR accounts on 13:56 - Feb 14 by Northernr

But if it's the worst case scenario and we go by the accounts and we lost £22m last season, so then we're only allowed £17m of loss for both this season and next combined? These latest accounts do not include whatever we got for Smithies, so that should help with 2018/19 if wages costs have fallen, which surely they have done? We're unlikely to sell anyone before 31st May, so any more transfer profits will go into 2019/20. I can't believe that it's not very tight, but surely not hopeless especially if we manage to get a decent fee in the summer.
Latest QPR accounts on 15:22 - Feb 14 with 1510 viewshoopsmark

Latest QPR accounts on 12:04 - Feb 14 by enfieldargh

So in reality there’s actually no point in Qpr trying to play within the rules as we are totally hamstrung and destined to stay In a financial structured heirachy where it’s the clubs responsibility to either develop young players(we are trying to do that) and hope these young players don’t get snapped up before they the club/supporters get a chance to see them.

Buy players from lower down the food chain who themselves are hamstrung and all the time the top five / premiere league clubs get richer and richer

The money for progress in The FA cup is paltry to prem clubs as is the prize money. Man city or whoever of the big 5 reach the final will play a weakened team to the final then the big guns suddenly reappear

In a perverse way I’m hoping Bristol city, Norwich and Sheffield United go up and those that have splashed out big time get hit and hamstrung like us but of course they won’t clubs will break the files and get points deducted that won’t impact on their status.

Meanwhile we may progress and bob around the division dipping down but destined never to rise as we once were back in the true glory years 1965-1996 with its ups and downs.

It’s a bit like the refs we’ve had recently and know your place QPR

Couldn't agree more........
Latest QPR accounts on 15:23 - Feb 14 with 1507 viewsTheChef

Latest QPR accounts on 14:50 - Feb 14 by QPR_John

So I'd imagine that all our players out of contract this summer will leave the club, unless they're willing to accept a pay cut (or their salary is sufficiently low that it stays the same).

Anyone able to share a list of our players whose contract is due to expire?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Latest QPR accounts on 17:38 - Feb 14 with 1333 viewsted_hendrix

Manchester United paid Jose Mourinho and his staff £19.6m in compensation following his sacking in December.

That's okay then.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Latest QPR accounts on 18:00 - Feb 14 with 1295 viewsheadhoops

Latest QPR accounts on 10:55 - Feb 14 by Northernr

No me neither, and I didn't start this site because I wanted to be a financial service, but this is where FFP has driven us sadly.

true. you got into it to flog us kitchens?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Latest QPR accounts on 18:45 - Feb 14 with 1223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

How much did the loans cost in fees and wages?
Latest QPR accounts on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 1210 viewsRoller

Latest QPR accounts on 14:15 - Feb 14 by DavieQPR

£9.6m Parachute payment. Almost every team without a parachute payment is going to struggle next season. It will be a Buyer's Market with so many players not having their contracts renewed.

It was originally going to be £9.6 million, but when the new Sky deal was agreed they went up. For that season, and this one, our parachute payment was/is £16.6 million. This makes the shortfall we've got to cover for next season even more freighting.
Latest QPR accounts on 19:07 - Feb 14 with 1167 viewsCamberleyR

Latest QPR accounts on 18:45 - Feb 14 by BazzaInTheLoft

How much did the loans cost in fees and wages?

I believe we didn't pay any loan fees for Wells, Cameron and Hemed hence why they were relatively late in the window signing for us. I think other targets we were interested in the clubs wanted fees so we didn't pursue them.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Latest QPR accounts on 19:24 - Feb 14 with 1135 viewsWestbourneR

Essentially we need to Fernandes and Ruben to keep pumping major funds in to keep us competitive - we're allowed a lose of circa £30 mill (is that right?) over three years with FFP... if we use that lee-way then we can still shrewdly build a squad to go up. I think... sure i'll be told I'm very wrong.

However, I've heard strong rumours that Tony is out of money. No liquidity. Hence why he's been trying to get the Linford land off the council for free. He needs all the money from the property development to pay for the build... and all the rest.

The Malaysian government has changed - Tony was very close with the last lot - and now he's not getting the 'favours' he used to get to help bank-roll his whole enterprise.

When you think of the money we pissed up the wall for four years it makes you cry. Just a small slice of that now could transform this squad into a promotion team.

Feel a bit sorry for TF and Ruben. I think they wanted to do well but it's just getting harder and harder.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Latest QPR accounts on 19:24 - Feb 14 with 1134 viewskensalriser

The victim narrative doesn't really work, does it?

Nobody forced the board to hire high profile managers and give them as much as they needed to finance a bloated squad of over the hill, overpaid mercenaries who either coudn't or wouldn't perform.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024