Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR Fiances for last year are out: 09:42 - Feb 14 with 5621 viewsJeff

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1095978153712013312

we're debt free, but the water level is rising...

Can we not knock it?

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 09:57 - Feb 14 with 5577 viewsisawqpratwcity

Fiances? How many blokes was she engaged to?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:05 - Feb 14 with 5544 viewsisawqpratwcity

Thanks for posting.

It looks like it's going to be 'No Reasonable Offer Refused' come the end of the season.

And I'm not sure about the Ruben loans: I thought they were going to be converted to shares?

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 5508 viewsdaveB

Blimey, the next few years are going to be fun
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:51 - Feb 14 with 5454 viewsJuzzie

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:22 - Feb 14 by daveB

Blimey, the next few years are going to be fun

I think (hope) it'll ultimately be a good thing and stop crazy overspending and create some kind of normality, certainly below PL level. Sure, it's just causing an even bigger gaps between the have's and have not's between the PL and FL but that ship sailed long ago.

We may be one of the earliest clubs to suffer but others will follow suit very soon. Birmingham are already staring down the barrel. Others such as Sheff Weds, Forest, Villa etc. (if none of those go up) will follow.

I know FFP is a clusterfk but there will come a point where all clubs will be self sufficient and pretty much on a level playing field. Sure, the clubs with bigger crowds will be a bit better off but that's no different from the 80's or 90's.

The only difference between clubs in the same division spending, for example, £10m a year on wages or £50m a year is super rich players and agents whilst clubs are on the brink of. Is the football really that much better? I don't think it is.

Lets get some normality back, reasonable ticket prices, food & drink prices, merchandise prices. Let's stop lining the pockets of what are on the whole ordinary players.

Let's get football back for the fans, especially the one's who are able to go as they've suffer the most of late.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:57 - Feb 14 with 5426 viewsstevec

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:51 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

I think (hope) it'll ultimately be a good thing and stop crazy overspending and create some kind of normality, certainly below PL level. Sure, it's just causing an even bigger gaps between the have's and have not's between the PL and FL but that ship sailed long ago.

We may be one of the earliest clubs to suffer but others will follow suit very soon. Birmingham are already staring down the barrel. Others such as Sheff Weds, Forest, Villa etc. (if none of those go up) will follow.

I know FFP is a clusterfk but there will come a point where all clubs will be self sufficient and pretty much on a level playing field. Sure, the clubs with bigger crowds will be a bit better off but that's no different from the 80's or 90's.

The only difference between clubs in the same division spending, for example, £10m a year on wages or £50m a year is super rich players and agents whilst clubs are on the brink of. Is the football really that much better? I don't think it is.

Lets get some normality back, reasonable ticket prices, food & drink prices, merchandise prices. Let's stop lining the pockets of what are on the whole ordinary players.

Let's get football back for the fans, especially the one's who are able to go as they've suffer the most of late.

You are absolutely right, but until we actively put footballers on the spot, question them like we question the Philip Green's of this world, make screwing supporters and their clubs financially into the ground socially unacceptable then nothing will change.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 11:28 - Feb 14 with 5375 viewsJuzzie

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 10:57 - Feb 14 by stevec

You are absolutely right, but until we actively put footballers on the spot, question them like we question the Philip Green's of this world, make screwing supporters and their clubs financially into the ground socially unacceptable then nothing will change.

Hopefully FFP will finally put footballers on the spot for us. All clubs will be in the same position whereas they'll only be able to offer pretty much the same wage. They won't be able to turn down £5k/week from QPR and go somewhere else for £25k/week because no one else will be able to offer that.

Clubs should have corralled together years ago and done this without the need of FFP but as everyone had the same 'thinking only of ourselves' approach in order to gain promotion etc to the promised land that it fed right into the hands of the players.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 12:41 - Feb 14 with 5261 viewsBostonR

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 11:28 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

Hopefully FFP will finally put footballers on the spot for us. All clubs will be in the same position whereas they'll only be able to offer pretty much the same wage. They won't be able to turn down £5k/week from QPR and go somewhere else for £25k/week because no one else will be able to offer that.

Clubs should have corralled together years ago and done this without the need of FFP but as everyone had the same 'thinking only of ourselves' approach in order to gain promotion etc to the promised land that it fed right into the hands of the players.

I live in the US part of the year and the NFL do this very well.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 13:41 - Feb 14 with 5181 viewsTGRRRSSS

Nothings really happened to Mr Green yet though.... still got his knighthood and if anything comes of the ME too stuff that's not really related to his finances Per Sey,.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 13:53 - Feb 14 with 5161 viewsWrightUp5hit___

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 11:28 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

It's fine for dealing with things in your own backyard but we still have this Prem / EFL split which totally distorts things.

Notwithstanding that, I suppose all the decent youngsters that are too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Prem, can start their evening classes in Cantonese and Russian.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 14:35 - Feb 14 with 5117 viewsstowmarketrange

A good idea in principle,but in the real world it will lead to the slow demise of clubs below the premier league.
What will be the point of developing players if you know that as soon as they show any signs of becoming good a premier league club will take them off your hands for a bargain basement fee.Or one of the top championship clubs will.
Where will the ambition and romance be if you follow a smaller club in the knowledge that you will always be roughly where you are now,or lower down the leagues?
How can it be wrong to aim higher than where you currently are?Or that we should just accept our place in the championship or league 1 because we can’t get more than 17,000 to pay for our team of players.
Those 17,000 will soon get bored and fed up with paying for their tickets in the knowledge that the best case scenario is staying exactly where they are now.

As long as those sugar daddy’s are the ones saddled with the debts of the clubs they invest in,what’s the harm in it?
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 14:40 - Feb 14 with 5113 viewsQPR_John

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 13:53 - Feb 14 by WrightUp5hit___

It's fine for dealing with things in your own backyard but we still have this Prem / EFL split which totally distorts things.

Notwithstanding that, I suppose all the decent youngsters that are too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Prem, can start their evening classes in Cantonese and Russian.

I think that is the main point. While the the financial difference between the Premier League and the Football League exists as now promotion and relegation between the two is not sustainable.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 5048 viewsJuzzie

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 14:35 - Feb 14 by stowmarketrange

A good idea in principle,but in the real world it will lead to the slow demise of clubs below the premier league.
What will be the point of developing players if you know that as soon as they show any signs of becoming good a premier league club will take them off your hands for a bargain basement fee.Or one of the top championship clubs will.
Where will the ambition and romance be if you follow a smaller club in the knowledge that you will always be roughly where you are now,or lower down the leagues?
How can it be wrong to aim higher than where you currently are?Or that we should just accept our place in the championship or league 1 because we can’t get more than 17,000 to pay for our team of players.
Those 17,000 will soon get bored and fed up with paying for their tickets in the knowledge that the best case scenario is staying exactly where they are now.

As long as those sugar daddy’s are the ones saddled with the debts of the clubs they invest in,what’s the harm in it?

It's a real quandary. Football has been in slow demise already since 1992 anyway so the opportunities for a club like us to succeed get less and less each year. FFP has just hastened that process. It will mean the FL will be more of a level playing field but the PL/FL gap is so wide I think it makes no difference.

Since '92 the so called big clubs have just grown stronger and stronger and clubs like us cannot compete unless a sugar daddy comes in.
I personally have no problem with sugar daddies as long as they accept full financial responsibility and not saddle any debt onto the club, that should be the main rule.

The football authorities probably don't like that. "what, QPR qualified for the Champions League? ahhhhh". FFP has single handily shut the door on sugar daddies and any final chance of a club like us gettinga top 4 PL place so the status quo has resumed, phew!, much relief at FA HQ.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:16 - Feb 14 with 5002 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think the "miracle of Leicester" in 2016 was the final straw, there was some Yank saying that maybe certain clubs should always be in the Champions League come what may, he said Leicester just wouldnt interest people he said it in a slightly cleverer way but that is what he meant.

Of course these people will kill the golden goose in the end, but they'll be long gone with their millions.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:25 - Feb 14 with 4987 viewsJuzzie

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:16 - Feb 14 by TGRRRSSS

I think the "miracle of Leicester" in 2016 was the final straw, there was some Yank saying that maybe certain clubs should always be in the Champions League come what may, he said Leicester just wouldnt interest people he said it in a slightly cleverer way but that is what he meant.

Of course these people will kill the golden goose in the end, but they'll be long gone with their millions.

That's basically saying there should be a European Club League, which there pretty much is already and has been for years. Occasionally you get the odd Leicester, Malaga, Hoffenhiem, Molde etc. that have the cheek to qualify but soon know their place and disappear back into obscurity.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:26 - Feb 14 with 4982 viewsdanehoop

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 13:53 - Feb 14 by WrightUp5hit___

Not sure Cantonese is going to help unless they are looking for a football career in Hong Kong.

Never knowingly understood

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 19:47 - Feb 14 with 4909 viewssmegma

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 09:57 - Feb 14 by isawqpratwcity

Fiances? How many blokes was she engaged to?

And it's Valentines Day as well
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 13:32 - Feb 15 with 4728 viewsTGRRRSSS

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:25 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

That's basically saying there should be a European Club League, which there pretty much is already and has been for years. Occasionally you get the odd Leicester, Malaga, Hoffenhiem, Molde etc. that have the cheek to qualify but soon know their place and disappear back into obscurity.

Yes this is basically what he was saying by the back door.

He was some sort of entertainment executive or other.

Presumably thinking AC Milan/Real Madrid and Man United sold better than Brondby, Nottingham forest/Leicester etc I suppose.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 14:30 - Feb 15 with 4668 viewsTacticalR

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 16:45 - Feb 14 by Juzzie

It's a real quandary. Football has been in slow demise already since 1992 anyway so the opportunities for a club like us to succeed get less and less each year. FFP has just hastened that process. It will mean the FL will be more of a level playing field but the PL/FL gap is so wide I think it makes no difference.

Since '92 the so called big clubs have just grown stronger and stronger and clubs like us cannot compete unless a sugar daddy comes in.
I personally have no problem with sugar daddies as long as they accept full financial responsibility and not saddle any debt onto the club, that should be the main rule.

The football authorities probably don't like that. "what, QPR qualified for the Champions League? ahhhhh". FFP has single handily shut the door on sugar daddies and any final chance of a club like us gettinga top 4 PL place so the status quo has resumed, phew!, much relief at FA HQ.

Restraint of sugar daddies is unacceptable in a free society.

Air hostess clique

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 14:57 - Feb 15 with 4646 viewsEastR

best get that property deal strategy back on the road then.....

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 16:01 - Feb 15 with 4604 viewssmegma

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 17:26 - Feb 14 by danehoop

Not sure Cantonese is going to help unless they are looking for a football career in Hong Kong.

Ta ma de !!!
QPR Finances on 12:27 - Feb 25 with 4382 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Swiss Ramble has delivered some excellent analysis too

I'm worried that we have way too many people on the books - 119 players and football staff (6% growth from 2014) - we need to shed 35 players and support staff to get back to levels in 2012 (84 players and football staff)

We have also increased to 55 other staff (although 2% reduction from 2014) from 40 other staff back in 2011 (see tweet below)

Our recruitment and transfer dealings continue to be poor demonstrated through these accounts - a loss on our dealings (see tweet below)

We remain way too bloated and unable to perform at our best

I would suggest very few of the 119 players and support staff are doing us proud at the moment
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 12:49]
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 18:11 - Feb 25 with 3984 viewsisawqpratwcity

Some excellent analysis, SHDU, and thanks for posting.

I wouldn't go so far as to agree with your 'doing us proud' comment at the end, though. It is more a case that most would be on fairly average wages but just the number of bodies is causing us grief. Better to look closely to see who the dead weight is.

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 20:41 - Feb 25 with 3771 viewsNoelmc

Swiss Ramble
@SwissRamble
Despite the worsening of #QPR wages to turnover ratio to 98%, this is actually not too bad for the Championship, where around half of the clubs have a ratio over 100%. This season, Birmingham City lead the way with a scarcely credible 202% (the “Redknapp effect” once again).

Loved this section of Swiss Rambles analysis - the “Redknapp effect” - classic!

Well worth a read of the whole ramble. Excellent analysis.
QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 3701 viewsdavman

Disagree, mate, sorry.

The only way we are going to get to where you want to get to is by closing the door with the Premier League. Transitioning across the divide into the money cess pit either way will cause massive issues. The teams coming down will be given money to cushion the blow of the excessive contracts that will have put in place in the big league.

Teams going the other way will be forced by the PL to grab players on excessive wages and on 3 year contracts. If they come down straight away, they are lumbered with the wage bill.

... and when they do get here, they will be able to spend around £60m more than any other team.

The quest to get to the big league will drive more teams to gamble, not less. There will be those that succeed, but many won't.

That Equilibrium will not happen at all unless we close the door to the big league...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 22:04 - Feb 25 with 3627 viewscolinallcars

QPR Fiances for last year are out: on 21:24 - Feb 25 by davman

Disagree, mate, sorry.

The only way we are going to get to where you want to get to is by closing the door with the Premier League. Transitioning across the divide into the money cess pit either way will cause massive issues. The teams coming down will be given money to cushion the blow of the excessive contracts that will have put in place in the big league.

Teams going the other way will be forced by the PL to grab players on excessive wages and on 3 year contracts. If they come down straight away, they are lumbered with the wage bill.

... and when they do get here, they will be able to spend around £60m more than any other team.

The quest to get to the big league will drive more teams to gamble, not less. There will be those that succeed, but many won't.

That Equilibrium will not happen at all unless we close the door to the big league...

Yes. Hopefully when the PL finally get all the big clubs in, like Leeds and Villa, they will shut off promtion and relegation. The rest of the clubs will be able to continue in a saner manner than the present.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024