Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OH BOBBY ZAMORA 19:23 - Feb 14 with 4677 viewsWokingR

Club have announced that Bobby will be inducted into the Forever R's club tomorrow night.
What a cracking way to ensure the crowd are all up, singing and involved at such an important game
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 10:51 - Feb 15 with 1280 viewsCroydonCaptJack

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 09:47 - Feb 15 by Esox_Lucius

That's the one that sticks in my memory, outpacing Joleon Lescott with a bad hip LOL. I remember at the time thinking something along the lines of "Forking hell, he's had a shot instead of cros... forking hell!!!! what a goal!!!" Absolutely exquisite finish, one of the best I have ever seen live.

Yes, I was on one of my rare away days and it was a stunning goal.
It briefly gave us hope of staying up, that result.
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 10:53 - Feb 15 with 1272 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What about the goal he scored with the back pass that hit a bottle top!

Was that Boro away?
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:04 - Feb 15 with 1250 viewsingeminate

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 10:53 - Feb 15 by CroydonCaptJack

What about the goal he scored with the back pass that hit a bottle top!

Was that Boro away?

Football boils down to memories and hangovers.
I'll never forget the last few minutes at Wembley - and my liver will never forget the aftermath

If you get Po-faced at this sort of thing then you're always going to find something to grumble about.

Great move by the club and so long as we are still in it by half time should give the crowd a decent boost.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 1237 viewsMick_S

Definitely worth a strut to the centre circle and a wave to three sides of the ground just before kick off.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:22 - Feb 15 with 1218 viewsAntti_Heinola

Saw on Twitter that Gaz Ainsworth is the pitchside pundit for BT as well.
Is he enough of a favourite for everyone?

Bare bones.

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:23 - Feb 15 with 1218 viewsheadhoops

nice touch from the club - getting Keogh to present it..............

That one Wembley moment alone should have him in the Forever R's.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:25 - Feb 15 with 1218 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Obviously hard to see past a player on the football pitch but if you actually met the bloke most would realise he is an absolutely lovely chap, who cares about every club he has played for and always been said as a nice person by his clubs. Yes he may not have been great for us, but his goal for most young fans is considered our most famous goal in their lifetimes, so surely that's a Hall of Fame moment? I have no problem with this if it gets the crowd up

Oh Bobby Zamora!

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:28 - Feb 15 with 1210 viewsMoonshineSteve

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 22:06 - Feb 14 by PunteR

Have to say singing "ooh bobby Zamoraaa" tomorrow will get the fans going again i'm sure.

I'm singing it now (in my head) and it's giving me butterflies.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Login to get fewer ads

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:28 - Feb 15 with 1210 viewsWoodlaneR

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 22:50 - Feb 14 by thame_hoops

Forever Rs was cheapened when rowan vine was inducted 😂

I saw Vine playing up front for Southall on Tuesday night. Socks rolled down Jack Grealish style.
Did nothing the whole game (including running) until injury time when he hit one from about 25 yards against the bar!

On the Bobby Zamore topic........I think a lot of people forget how good he was for us towards the end of that promotion season. Granted, for most of it he was pretty awful but didnt it turn out he was playing with an injury?
Once that was sorted he was actually one of our better players and I remember thinking at the time I couldnt remember a player who had gone from fans fighting in Ellerslie when he came on as a sub to the whole stadium chanting for him to come on a few months later because he bullying all the CBs and playing the hold up game brilliantly.
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:37 - Feb 15 with 1193 viewsrobith

It's surely a cheap, cynical attempt to get the crowd going.

And I, for one, am here for it
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:37 - Feb 15 with 1190 viewsTacticalR

What has Bobby Zamora ever done for us?

Air hostess clique

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:14 - Feb 15 with 1154 viewsW7Ranger

When we play Chelsea at home in the Q/F's, it'll be...

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:17 - Feb 15 with 1150 viewsdaveB

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 11:28 - Feb 15 by WoodlaneR

I saw Vine playing up front for Southall on Tuesday night. Socks rolled down Jack Grealish style.
Did nothing the whole game (including running) until injury time when he hit one from about 25 yards against the bar!

On the Bobby Zamore topic........I think a lot of people forget how good he was for us towards the end of that promotion season. Granted, for most of it he was pretty awful but didnt it turn out he was playing with an injury?
Once that was sorted he was actually one of our better players and I remember thinking at the time I couldnt remember a player who had gone from fans fighting in Ellerslie when he came on as a sub to the whole stadium chanting for him to come on a few months later because he bullying all the CBs and playing the hold up game brilliantly.

He was really good in the Prem the year after as well and also towards the end of the 11/12 season. Basically he was really good apart from the injuries
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:27 - Feb 15 with 1136 viewsYorkRanger

He gave many of our supporters the greatest moment ever in their time of being a QPR supporter.

Absolutely he should be inducted - a very worthy entrant
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:41 - Feb 15 with 1113 viewsrobith

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:17 - Feb 15 by daveB

He was really good in the Prem the year after as well and also towards the end of the 11/12 season. Basically he was really good apart from the injuries

I always felt he was a big part of the reason we stayed up the first time, because his hold up play gave us an "out" ball that allowed the defence to organise knowing the ball was coming straight back at them
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 12:56 - Feb 15 with 1083 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The fans fighting in Ellerslie was right next to me when I was in X Block
I often wonder if those who had continually slagged him off all season were singing his name at Wembley a few weeks later.
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 13:38 - Feb 15 with 1054 viewsDejR_vu

This is a difficult one.

On the one hand he’s the embodiment of many of the things that were wrong with the club at a bad time; ageing, on a downward spiral, obscenely overpaid. On the other, none of that was his fault.

I thought he was pretty poor overall, but was rumoured to be playing injured. He wasn’t one of the players with a stinking attitude and, of course, he gave us one of the best moments in living memory.

I should really like him but just can’t seem to detach him from the absolute car crash TF presided over.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 13:44 - Feb 15 with 1048 viewsTGRRRSSS

He had major Hip problems I think.

Good Luck to him, hje was a grafter I think unlike many in his time, and he did finish, many could have blown that wildly but he slotted it in so coolly.

Not an all time Great but an all time great moment.
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 14:42 - Feb 15 with 1013 viewsPinnerPaul

OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 22:26 - Feb 14 by GloryHunter

One chance in the game, and he buried it. Superb cool finish. Thanks Bobby.

That goal away at West Brom wasn't bad, either.

He also set up pen and 2nd goal in the semi v Wigan but hey ho lets have a moan anyway
OH BOBBY ZAMORA on 15:51 - Feb 15 with 967 viewsMatch82

On the last paragraph, Furlong senior got a hard time initially if I recall correctly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024