Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's been a while - Preview 22:42 - Feb 14 with 2714 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49704
It's been a while - Preview on 02:40 - Feb 15 with 2583 viewsFredManRave

Brilliant read - shock, horror.

Can't believe Wimbledon was 22 years ago! Such a dissapointing day from 3pm onwards. Quality before that, of course.

Cheers Clive.

I don't care how, just win. FFFPS.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

It's been a while - Preview on 07:19 - Feb 15 with 2506 viewsHadders

Amazing stuff - not just informative but so funny and even moving. Northernr's articles are the best thing about being a QPR fan. And this 51 year old man has never been so pumped for the Cup since 1982! It's odd how this season may end looking totally meh again yet has felt so good, because of the particular games we've won (away matches, Brentford, Forest away, a couple of cup matches). Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamonyourrrrrrrrrrrs!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 7:21]
It's been a while - Preview on 08:11 - Feb 15 with 2456 viewsDannyPaddox

Despite or maybe because it covers nearly 40 years of Rs underachievement that's a fantastic rousing preview.

It's 7.30 am Friday and I've already got that kid on Christmas morning feeling. Supporters of other clubs may laugh at this - it's only the 5th Round. But for a QPR fan this is a once every quarter century thing.

Watford should do this, Deeney aside, they're a sort of international collection of well-scouted un-household named under-the-radar galacticos. But can they handle Loftus Road when it's (trademark) rocking? It could be the difference.

There's one bloke in particular that worries me. I know very little about him except he's a winger/striker who's played 20 times and never scored. Players with those statistics love coming to QPR. His name is Adalberto Peñaranda and he looks like an experiment from the jungles of Venezuela involving the DNA of Karl Ready. If he plays please do your best to boo/shout/curse the peroxide out of his hair. Keep it tight first half Rangers then game on. YOU SOOOOOOOPER-HOOOOOPSAHHH !!!

Adalberto Peñalty-Misser
It's been a while - Preview on 09:37 - Feb 15 with 2348 viewsNW5Hoop

Guys, it's all right.

Remember we have within recent memory beaten Watford to lift major silverware. On 30 July 2016, we beat them 2-0 to lift the prestigious Dryworld Cup, the name of which is usually and sensibly abbreviated to the World Cup. We are the current World Cup holders. We have the hoodoo over them. We cannot be beaten. Glory is ours! Tomorrow we battle!

It's been a while - Preview on 11:00 - Feb 15 with 2240 viewsdaveB

I wrote about that 95 cup run for AKUTRS tonight, I really thought we were going to do it that year.

Great preview as ever Clive
It's been a while - Preview on 11:15 - Feb 15 with 2220 viewsplasmahoop

It's been a while - Preview on 07:19 - Feb 15 by Hadders

Amazing stuff - not just informative but so funny and even moving. Northernr's articles are the best thing about being a QPR fan. And this 51 year old man has never been so pumped for the Cup since 1982! It's odd how this season may end looking totally meh again yet has felt so good, because of the particular games we've won (away matches, Brentford, Forest away, a couple of cup matches). Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamonyourrrrrrrrrrrs!
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 7:21]

You are right, the writing is superb. I still chuckle about the boxing day preview with call the midwife and barney's 9 darter. I am quite nervous now
It's been a while - Preview on 11:28 - Feb 15 with 2199 viewswestberksr

there's every likelihood that we will win simply because I'm not going!

missed 3rd & 4th rounds due to prior commitments and in full expectation of us having a routine league match tomorrow (didn't we all?), booked tickets for a gig tonight keeping Saturday free.

I could have changed plans but a couple of reasons dictated that I didn't:

1. I haven't seen us win for weeks; despite going to all the other home games and even Villa away for a rare day out. I think I'll jinx it if I turn up tonight

2. tonight's plans was in lieu of any of that Valentine's old bollox and when I think about it; reason 1 still jumps into my head.

Have a good night & I'll be checking the score on my phone; you can all thank me afterwards!
It's been a while - Preview on 12:10 - Feb 15 with 2132 viewsMytch_QPR

It's been a while - Preview on 11:28 - Feb 15 by westberksr

there's every likelihood that we will win simply because I'm not going!

missed 3rd & 4th rounds due to prior commitments and in full expectation of us having a routine league match tomorrow (didn't we all?), booked tickets for a gig tonight keeping Saturday free.

I could have changed plans but a couple of reasons dictated that I didn't:

1. I haven't seen us win for weeks; despite going to all the other home games and even Villa away for a rare day out. I think I'll jinx it if I turn up tonight

2. tonight's plans was in lieu of any of that Valentine's old bollox and when I think about it; reason 1 still jumps into my head.

Have a good night & I'll be checking the score on my phone; you can all thank me afterwards!

I must have picked my fixtures carefully this season (starting with Wigan at home) as I have not seen us lose this season and I shall be there tonight. Given that we can't draw, it's got to be a win.

Fond memories of Wimbledon (notwithstanding final result) and to some extent (but less so) the trip to Old Trafford - maybe things could have worked out better that day had Les been fit.

We have to go at them from the start tonight and get the place rocking at its loudest.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2019 12:11]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

It's been a while - Preview on 12:22 - Feb 15 with 2113 viewsGalileo

Marvellous piece, sprinkled with some great memories.
It's been a while - Preview on 13:21 - Feb 15 with 2042 viewsToast_R

Great preview.

As for 1997 sign of the times - I had a Saturday job at WH Smith in Putney high street. I didn't know the score until I got home at 7pm that Saturday night. No mobiles in them days.
It's been a while - Preview on 13:41 - Feb 15 with 1994 viewsSharpediver

Absolutely Superb write up and all those half-forgotten memories...
I was at the 1980 FA Cup Third Round match against Watford - big Bobby Hazell put us 1-0 up with a barnstorming header that made the whole goal shake and wobble. I remember the whole of the old Loft (one big terrace) erupting in absolute glee as it went in. Although we eventually lost that day, that goal has stayed with me forever.
As you say, its these kind of games like tonight that mean so much to us.
Come on URRsss!
It's been a while - Preview on 14:20 - Feb 15 with 1934 viewsstevec

Ha ha, thoroughly enjoyed that.

It must have been compartmentalised in a part of my brain rarely used, but I'd genuinely forgot just how shít we've been.

Come On You R's.
It's been a while - Preview on 15:41 - Feb 15 with 1840 viewsflynnbo

It's been a while - Preview on 11:00 - Feb 15 by daveB

I wrote about that 95 cup run for AKUTRS tonight, I really thought we were going to do it that year.

Great preview as ever Clive

Great writing, Clive. I too wrote an article for AKUTRs annoyed about Hateley's cupping of his ear to us when he scored.
It's been a while - Preview on 16:27 - Feb 15 with 1772 viewsPinnerPaul

Excellent stuff - it has certainly BEEN a sunshiny day, but wrap up warm folks, not much sun/warmth left by kick off!
It's been a while - Preview on 23:43 - Feb 15 with 1523 viewsqprd

It's been a while - Preview on 16:27 - Feb 15 by PinnerPaul

Excellent stuff - it has certainly BEEN a sunshiny day, but wrap up warm folks, not much sun/warmth left by kick off!

Read the preview after the match....

Excellent writing
It's been a while - Preview on 14:25 - Feb 16 with 1360 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Class piece of writing, Clive.

Great style, fairly trips off the tongue. I honestly think you'd be a great speech writer.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024