Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What now? 08:13 - Feb 20 with 5282 viewsbosh67

Given that we have what we have in terms of management, coaching, playing squad and limitations through FFP and fines what can the board, management and players do to turn the current alarming free fall in results around?

I am not calling for McClaren to be sacked, players to be dropped or condemned etc. Just what does the club do to turn a mixture of not that bad football but some very bad slips and periods switching off to get points on the board, stabilise and stagger to safety in the division?

If you were in charge how would you galvanise the club through this period?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What now? on 08:26 - Feb 20 with 2626 viewsDejR_vu

There’s absolutely nothing we an do. We have a transfer system that stops players moving outside of the windows. We’ve owners with deep pockets who aren’t allowed to spend it (even if we could be trusted to spend it wisely).

We just have to grind this season out, sell our best player(s) every year and hope we can develop enough players to survive the next season. In the absence of a freak Warnock season, or a change in the rules, we’re done.

Sorry, last night was a real kick in the goolies.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 8:27]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What now? on 08:32 - Feb 20 with 2600 viewspeejaybee

Employ a proper defensive coach with Prem experience and lots of it

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

What now? on 08:34 - Feb 20 with 2594 viewstraininvain

Firstly, the players have to pick themselves up to go again on Saturday. No time to feel sorry for themselves. McClaren and his team need to use that perceived injustice of the last week and a half to galvanise the players to work even harder to get back to winning ways.

If I were McClaren I’d look to freshen things up a bit on Saturday. Hemed and Bright probably both deserve a start.

In a wider context it’s difficult not to feel depressed and helpless. We’ve been hamstrung by FFP this season and next season looks even more difficult. Who knows what the team will look like in a year’s time.

What I do know is we have a group of players giving their all and I don’t know about anyone else but I’d still rather watch this lot than the shite we had in the Premiership. All we can do is continue to support them as they need us fans right now.
What now? on 08:46 - Feb 20 with 2535 viewsRblockPrior

I personally would freshen the side up a little as that 11 last night have had their confidence shattered with recent results, get Manning, Hemed, OBS and Kakay in for Saturday.

I hate the feeling we will lose Freeman in the summer, he truly is a fantastic player. If Eze went I wouldn't be any where near as disappointed. I think is massive we bring in an experience keeper in the summer as well

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

What now? on 08:47 - Feb 20 with 2532 viewsplasmahoop

I dont want mclaren sacked, but surely he is quite close to it now. Its what we keep doing.
What now? on 08:53 - Feb 20 with 2503 viewstraininvain

What now? on 08:46 - Feb 20 by RblockPrior

I personally would freshen the side up a little as that 11 last night have had their confidence shattered with recent results, get Manning, Hemed, OBS and Kakay in for Saturday.

I hate the feeling we will lose Freeman in the summer, he truly is a fantastic player. If Eze went I wouldn't be any where near as disappointed. I think is massive we bring in an experience keeper in the summer as well

Freeman was great in the first half last night but looked completely shot in the second half. He's our most important player.

But McClaren probably should have hooked him well before the injury but I'm sure he would've taken pelters for doing so.
What now? on 09:11 - Feb 20 with 2443 viewsdistortR

What now? on 08:47 - Feb 20 by plasmahoop

I dont want mclaren sacked, but surely he is quite close to it now. Its what we keep doing.

apart from anything else, due to our financial position i imagine he's pretty safe?

Would love to know what percentage of our payroll is taken by ex-employees of the club?
Could be zilch, of course.
What now? on 09:19 - Feb 20 with 2421 viewsHarbour

We need Angel and Cameroon back ASAP if either had been on last night think we would have seen out the last 10 minutes without conceding. Next year who knows what squad we will have . I would keep SM no point in getting another manager in. Keeping us well clear of botttom three main priority need some points on the board in next two games neither easy but on performance levels to date achievable
Login to get fewer ads

What now? on 09:26 - Feb 20 with 2387 viewsstevec

Hang in there.

Come March we’ve virtually finished playing the top six, so far one win and eight losses against them. Take that out the equation and we’ve 36 points from 23 games, so can clearly compete outside the upper echelon.
What now? on 10:07 - Feb 20 with 2294 viewsRangers67

The best thing to do is get rid of Mclown before he runs out of excuses for poor performances and results. The man hasn,t a clue and has clearly lost interest . Evidence for this, right in front of us every game. During a break in play last night in the first half , you remember one down early on, us getting run ragged just like the Birmingham and Preston and etc and etc games, Darren Moore gets half a dozen of his players over and is giving them instructions , meanwhile Mclown is nowhere to be seen. Gary Monk, Alex Neil et al are constantly on the side lines coaching and adjusting through the game, our bloke comes out now and again claps his hands , folds his arms and goes and sits down. He waits until half time before making substitutions when the system ( lol ) we are playing is clearly not working. On the subject of a system, if people on here are happy with the Neanderthal sytem of putting the ball forward to Matt Smith and hoping for the best is the way forward I despair ! He will persist with this so called tactic even when Smith isn,t playing !
His use of Eze is all wrong, now he isn,t the new messiah and not in Taarabt class by a long way but he has potential if he is coached and used in the right way. Playing him up front doesn,t work, get him playing in midfield , picking the ball up and creating and then popping up in and around the box.
Last night in the last ten minutes we were under the cosh, now instead of letting Freeman go off he should have asked him to stay on just for the corners we were constantly giving away, get him to stand on the half way line and that means they have to keep a couple of players back to mark him, I know he was injured but at least try it. But no take him off and invite pressure.
Throw ins and free kicks are just an embarrassment , we hardly ever retain possession from throw ins whereas other teams seem to have some idea of how to work these. And free kicks are just as bad , with the players all looking at each other for inspiration and then eventually the ball ends up back with Lumley. This isn,t an accident its a lack of coaching.
What now? on 10:10 - Feb 20 with 2288 viewsTheChef

What now? on 10:07 - Feb 20 by Rangers67

The best thing to do is get rid of Mclown before he runs out of excuses for poor performances and results. The man hasn,t a clue and has clearly lost interest . Evidence for this, right in front of us every game. During a break in play last night in the first half , you remember one down early on, us getting run ragged just like the Birmingham and Preston and etc and etc games, Darren Moore gets half a dozen of his players over and is giving them instructions , meanwhile Mclown is nowhere to be seen. Gary Monk, Alex Neil et al are constantly on the side lines coaching and adjusting through the game, our bloke comes out now and again claps his hands , folds his arms and goes and sits down. He waits until half time before making substitutions when the system ( lol ) we are playing is clearly not working. On the subject of a system, if people on here are happy with the Neanderthal sytem of putting the ball forward to Matt Smith and hoping for the best is the way forward I despair ! He will persist with this so called tactic even when Smith isn,t playing !
His use of Eze is all wrong, now he isn,t the new messiah and not in Taarabt class by a long way but he has potential if he is coached and used in the right way. Playing him up front doesn,t work, get him playing in midfield , picking the ball up and creating and then popping up in and around the box.
Last night in the last ten minutes we were under the cosh, now instead of letting Freeman go off he should have asked him to stay on just for the corners we were constantly giving away, get him to stand on the half way line and that means they have to keep a couple of players back to mark him, I know he was injured but at least try it. But no take him off and invite pressure.
Throw ins and free kicks are just an embarrassment , we hardly ever retain possession from throw ins whereas other teams seem to have some idea of how to work these. And free kicks are just as bad , with the players all looking at each other for inspiration and then eventually the ball ends up back with Lumley. This isn,t an accident its a lack of coaching.

Here we go...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What now? on 10:11 - Feb 20 with 2282 viewsCroydonCaptJack

What now? on 08:47 - Feb 20 by plasmahoop

I wouldn't imagine he is anywhere near being sacked.
What now? on 10:19 - Feb 20 with 2252 viewsTHEBUSH

One thing for sure is, we must stop leaking goals.

I know easier said than done, lets hope SMc finds the answer and pretty soon
What now? on 10:21 - Feb 20 with 2242 viewsdaveB

He won't be sacked and we should still stay up and have enough games left to finish higher than last season but would review his position in the summer. For all the talk of improvement we don't look any better than a year ago to me.
What now? on 10:27 - Feb 20 with 2208 viewsToast_R

We’ve all seen QPR teams that have been relegated plenty of times and know the signs which are but not limited to
Hopelessness
Lack of effort
Players out of their depth
Dis-organisation

I can’t say I’ve seen too much of that from this current team. They try hard, they look good for periods and have competed in most of the matches we’ve lost which on another day, would have been rewarded by points. This is just a bad run of results, last minute goals, missed chances and individual errors which I'm afraid are common place at this level of the game. Law of averages says QPR will win a game if they carry on with the current performances.

As for the manager, it’s his first year in charge, he’s had QPR in and about the playoffs for a decent period of the season, he’s had one transfer window on limited funds, got us past two rounds in both cup competitions and beaten Forest away. He certainly should not be judged until the end of the season but so far I think he’s done pretty well considering.
What now? on 10:27 - Feb 20 with 2206 viewsRangersDave

I think we look better, more galvanised and stronger mentally in areas.
however, this goingto sleep in the lst 5 mi utes, and forgetting to lump the ball in that time, to clearit right up field or heck, evem keep the ball, is disturbing.

Mind you, as the Referees seem to have gotten together some seem to have QPR in their 'relegation sweepstake', and that doesnt help 1 little bit.

I'm just surprised we havnt been fined for Blackpools problems or Lids 'spygate'.............. yet!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

What now? on 10:33 - Feb 20 with 2190 viewsBklynRanger

The one thing we need to do now, imho is scouting, scouting and a bit more scouting. Look at cheaper options and rough diamonds for next season and beyond.

I still think we'll be fine in terms of survival.

As Dave (I think) says, in the summer the club need to have a conversation with McLaren. I had a theory that Eustace could over time be lined up to take over from him - maintain continuity, style of play (what style of play, yes I know) etc. That might be worth looking at for next season with McLaren moving to a part time, consultant sort of role. Hard to believe that what we're paying him fits with the general need to tighten the purse strings. I wouldn't have a problem with him being here next season but we've got to look at all the options shirley?
What now? on 10:52 - Feb 20 with 2130 viewsPunteR

What now? on 10:21 - Feb 20 by daveB

He won't be sacked and we should still stay up and have enough games left to finish higher than last season but would review his position in the summer. For all the talk of improvement we don't look any better than a year ago to me.

I feel the same way. I don't want to harp back to the Ollie debate(sorry capt) but the whole point of sacking him was to improve us. I don't see a massive difference. Results and league position backs that up. Mclarens expensive loan players always was a short term fix but i wasn't expecting just a half season fix. Perhaps he's been unlucky there.
You've only got to look at the last few years to see how the board will potentially react to the managers position. I'm not saying Maclaren should be sacked but i wouldn't count on it.
We rely heavily on Freeman, maybe teams have clocked that that's why they are doubling up on him. Maybe this injury will be the rest he needs and a chance for other players to step up.?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What now? on 10:54 - Feb 20 with 2127 views1MoreBrightonR

Its interesting...we make bad mistakes and are on an awful run but i dont turn up feeling hopeless like i have before or disliking the team or players. I also thought we would be in a relegation battle before the season started, and thought we were nailed on to go down after the first 5 games, so the season has been a surprise for me.

The players ar trying and we do have some real quality moments, but we also have a lot of terrible spells at the moment. the next few games are so tough and the morale may be crushed after that and the test will be if McClaren can get them back to winning and drawing a few after that.
What now? on 10:55 - Feb 20 with 2119 viewsted_hendrix

What now?

Middlesbrough away and I'm not quite sure how but 100% we have to somehow keep a clean sheet for this game, for my way of thinking a draw with a clean sheet would be a huge result.

It's time for us to 'grind out' a result, 'stink the place out' or whatever people call it.

We absolutely must stop conceding goals either at the start of games or in the last few minutes of games, yes it's stating the bleeding obvious but that's how I see it.

Bolox to playing or trying to play attractive football, shut the fcking back door and keep it shut.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What now? on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 2100 viewsisawqpratwcity

We're clearly having a rotten run, but we are playing consecutively against quality opponents and only just losing. No need for panic.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What now? on 11:05 - Feb 20 with 2070 views2Thomas2Bowles

No point sacking him now same as there was no point sacking Olly as we are no better off

But I would say that..

I'm predicting right now we will be relegated next season.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

What now? on 11:12 - Feb 20 with 2039 viewssuperhoopdownunder

It's probably a coincidence but it's all gone Pete Tong since Tony Fernandes came back
What now? on 11:15 - Feb 20 with 2026 viewsPunteR

What now? on 11:12 - Feb 20 by superhoopdownunder

It's probably a coincidence but it's all gone Pete Tong since Tony Fernandes came back

What do you mean he's back?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

What now? on 11:25 - Feb 20 with 1989 viewssuperhoopdownunder

What now? on 11:15 - Feb 20 by PunteR

What do you mean he's back?

Sorry to be clear - he was not seen after the crap start to the season. Amit took over as Chairman and things settled down. Since Christmas Tony more vocal, visible and talking things up (again) and also issues with Loftus Road and potential new stadium surfaced with Council (via podcast)
Although misfortunate our results have been very poor during this period.
(gutted last night - no way did we deserve to lose (based on second half I watched))

Missing Rangel and Cameron - hopefully they are back soon so we can save this season
Finally Lynch needs to be dropped - hopefully never to return
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 11:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024