Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry 14:51 - Feb 22 with 3841 viewsNov77

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Coventry on 14:55 - Feb 22 with 3816 viewstoboboly

Amazing how this has gone on so long. All those fans that celebrated when they returned to the Ricoh disappeared pretty sharpish. I imagine the only realistic option will be an AFC type restart in the lowest part of non-league?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Coventry on 15:12 - Feb 22 with 3761 viewsmakaveli1882

Coventry on 14:55 - Feb 22 by toboboly

Amazing how this has gone on so long. All those fans that celebrated when they returned to the Ricoh disappeared pretty sharpish. I imagine the only realistic option will be an AFC type restart in the lowest part of non-league?

My mates done that years ago and started Coventry United.

Coventry City ladies have merged with Cov Utd ladies and always smash Rangers, the men's team are currently in Midland Football League which is 9th division on the football pyramid
which is not bad as they founded in 2013.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_United_F.C.
Coventry on 15:16 - Feb 22 with 3752 viewsMytch_QPR

Isn't that Clive's favourite stadium?

Bit weird to think it could just be left vacant and hardly used - apart from conferences for photocopier salesmen, of course.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Coventry on 15:18 - Feb 22 with 3743 viewsrunningman75

Sad news for them, I would not want to see any club out of business ( apart from Chelski and MK Dons).
Coventry on 15:21 - Feb 22 with 3724 viewscolinallcars

For some reason, I've always liked Coventry, I seem to remember enjoying visits to their old ground and found the fans pretty much OK. Hope they'll be OK
Coventry on 15:21 - Feb 22 with 3716 viewsTheChef

Fond memories of QPR playing the first ever game at the Ricoh, duly being the perfect guests and handing over a 3-0 win to the home side.

Ugo Ukah coming off the bench.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Coventry on 15:23 - Feb 22 with 3709 viewsTheChef

Coventry on 15:21 - Feb 22 by TheChef

Fond memories of QPR playing the first ever game at the Ricoh, duly being the perfect guests and handing over a 3-0 win to the home side.

Good grief, cop those line ups.

Aaron Brown???

https://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-queens-park-rangers-20-august-2005

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Coventry on 15:32 - Feb 22 with 3679 viewsMytch_QPR

Coventry on 15:21 - Feb 22 by TheChef

Just don't mention Eion bloody Jess!

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry on 15:34 - Feb 22 with 3672 viewsloftboy

Coventry on 15:21 - Feb 22 by colinallcars

For some reason, I've always liked Coventry, I seem to remember enjoying visits to their old ground and found the fans pretty much OK. Hope they'll be OK

Last game of the 1986 season, they come from behind to beat us to avoid relegation, there fans ran on a he pitch at the end and promptly bombarded us with stones.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Coventry on 15:40 - Feb 22 with 3651 viewsWrightUp5hit___

bit of a ruck in the tunnel I recall.

And post match those Coventry scamps looking for a fisticuffs rematch, following the magic of the Ibiza Cup.
Coventry on 15:45 - Feb 22 with 3627 viewsNov77

Remember going up to highfield road and seeing us win to go top of the league, Andy impy scored.

If bungle gets his way we’ll soon be in some similar Meccano Lego shitehole on some out of the way ‘brownfield’ site.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 15:49]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Coventry on 15:48 - Feb 22 with 3607 viewsGloucs_R

Coventry on 15:16 - Feb 22 by Mytch_QPR

Isn't that Clive's favourite stadium?

Bit weird to think it could just be left vacant and hardly used - apart from conferences for photocopier salesmen, of course.

You mean apart from the 20,000 that watch Wasps play their now
[Post edited 22 Feb 2019 15:51]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Coventry on 16:37 - Feb 22 with 3479 viewsBoston

One of the few teams I dislike, not that I want them to evaporate. As for the fans! Got a right beating there one year, ambushed outside a local pub, can’t recall the date but Pierce was playing for ‘em, just about able to make him out through my swollen eyes.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Coventry on 17:16 - Feb 22 with 3424 viewsR_from_afar

I hope they survive too. There but for the grace of God....

I used to work in Cov and for a while, I was working with a (male) Danish student whose dad was very high up in our company. The son was football mad and desperate to go to a match so I took him to
Coventry 8-0 Rushden

What a game! A striker who later played for us got two goals. Can you guess who without peeking? The match was in the Worthington Cup, in 2002.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/2281385.stm

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Coventry on 19:24 - Feb 22 with 3238 viewsHayesender

Coventry on 15:23 - Feb 22 by TheChef

Good grief, cop those line ups.

Aaron Brown???

https://www.11v11.com/matches/coventry-city-v-queens-park-rangers-20-august-2005

I was at this game, and I have no idea who Aaron Brown is. Also just checked the wiki page for Dominic Shimmin. What a very uneventful career that lad had

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Coventry on 21:46 - Feb 22 with 3163 viewsJuzzie

Coventry on 19:24 - Feb 22 by Hayesender

I was at this game, and I have no idea who Aaron Brown is. Also just checked the wiki page for Dominic Shimmin. What a very uneventful career that lad had

Ditto. I was there and have no recollection of him either. Coventry got 5 yellow cards in the first half and Shittu gets a red on 55. Crazy game, we get stuffed and it all kicks off outside.
Coventry on 12:14 - Feb 23 with 2884 viewsTGRRRSSS

I think Wasps (and their owners) bought the Richoh from the council and the charity that jointly owned it.

I think SISU tried to get it but temporarily moved to Northampton for a while.

SISU are weird really they own a club but for years have destroyed it more or less, however whoever sold the original Highfield ground and did the deal for Richo and then sold out to SISU did the worst of it really from the clubs POV, I think the sale cash was pocketed a terrible deal fore the club was done and as you can see..........
Coventry on 14:06 - Feb 23 with 2790 viewsTopCat34

Remember when Jamie Cureton was absolutely unplayable against Coventry and pretty poor against literally everyone else. Great times.
Coventry on 14:26 - Feb 23 with 2746 viewsdavman

Good old FA and EFL. They "protect" the small clubs by not letting any other club take proper investment to build the club like Scum and Man City did. They give professional contracts to the most inept set of officials ever seen, they claim to enforce fit and proper tests for owners and then sit back and watch things like this happen, helping the fans out by threatening the owners with expulsion. Blackpool, Luton, Pompey, Hartlepool, Wimbledon all screwed whilst the FA destroys everything bar their precious Premier League.

Amazing that the only punishment dished out to their precious big six is actually enforced by UEFA and not the FA and what are the chances that Chelsea's transfer embargo will stick?

The game is becoming more and more dislikable by the day...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Coventry on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 2717 viewsenfieldargh

Coventry on 14:26 - Feb 23 by davman

Good old FA and EFL. They "protect" the small clubs by not letting any other club take proper investment to build the club like Scum and Man City did. They give professional contracts to the most inept set of officials ever seen, they claim to enforce fit and proper tests for owners and then sit back and watch things like this happen, helping the fans out by threatening the owners with expulsion. Blackpool, Luton, Pompey, Hartlepool, Wimbledon all screwed whilst the FA destroys everything bar their precious Premier League.

Amazing that the only punishment dished out to their precious big six is actually enforced by UEFA and not the FA and what are the chances that Chelsea's transfer embargo will stick?

The game is becoming more and more dislikable by the day...

I'm with you mate.

Jim Gregory would never have happened

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Coventry on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 2395 viewsCamberleyR

Coventry on 12:14 - Feb 23 by TGRRRSSS

I think Wasps (and their owners) bought the Richoh from the council and the charity that jointly owned it.

I think SISU tried to get it but temporarily moved to Northampton for a while.

SISU are weird really they own a club but for years have destroyed it more or less, however whoever sold the original Highfield ground and did the deal for Richo and then sold out to SISU did the worst of it really from the clubs POV, I think the sale cash was pocketed a terrible deal fore the club was done and as you can see..........

Their chairman from the early 90s, Bryan Richardson, was the architect of their downfall.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-citys-disastrous-m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2005/aug/20/newsstory.coventry
[Post edited 24 Feb 2019 10:07]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024