Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs 10:33 - Mar 1 with 2314 viewsBuckR

Wheres everyone drinking tomorrow then? Can't decide to head to one of the four corners or somewhere a bit further out
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 11:48 - Mar 1 with 2203 viewsRBlock

We tend to drink near Kew Bridge, at The Bell and Crown (Fullers) before heading towards the ground, maybe stopping at O'Riordans to watch the football which is a dodgy little Irish pub.

I find the corner pubs get too heaving, take ages to get a drink, and spill out onto the street which is not ideal if the weather is crap.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 11:52]
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 12:15 - Mar 1 with 2157 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Spoilt for choice for pubs around there. I went to O’Riordans last year which isn’t really my taste beer wise but was friendly, not too busy and close to the ground.

Newly reopened pub very close to the ground (on Albany Rd) called the Black Dog is worth a mention. Used to be as rough as houses apparently, I think the old place closed because of a murder. Now been fairly tastefully refurbished with huge selection of ales and keg beers. Reasonably priced when I went last year (non matchday) £4 - 4.50 a pint for an ale. Not sure whether they cater for football fans mind.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 12:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 12:28 - Mar 1 with 2129 viewscolinallcars

I can vouch for the Black Dog. Another is the Magpie in the High Street. It's the only building on the south side of the street open as all the others will be demolished on May. It's a scruffy pub but
Great real ale under 4 quid. Home and away fans welcome and mix together fine.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 19:02]
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:00 - Mar 1 with 1969 viewsTheChef

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 12:28 - Mar 1 by colinallcars

I can vouch for the Black Dog. Another is the Magpie in the High Street. It's the only building on the south side of the street open as all the others will be demolished on May. It's a scruffy pub but
Great real ale under 4 quid. Home and away fans welcome and mix together fine.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2019 19:02]

You mean they're finally going to redevelop Brentford High Street??

I did some contract work at Hounslow Council 10 years ago and they were talking about it then, but nothing ever happened.

Although it sounds like redevelop = raze to the ground...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:12 - Mar 1 with 1936 viewsdaveB

probably going to drink in Chiswick and avoid the long queues for a drink
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:13 - Mar 1 with 1935 viewsBoston

I like the local area, pubs around there but would avoid like the plague tomorrow as they’re too small.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 1867 viewscolinallcars

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:00 - Mar 1 by TheChef

You mean they're finally going to redevelop Brentford High Street??

I did some contract work at Hounslow Council 10 years ago and they were talking about it then, but nothing ever happened.

Although it sounds like redevelop = raze to the ground...

All the old firms that had premises between the High Street and the river have been closed and demolished. The shops on the south side of the High Street and flats above get the wrecking ball in May. Amazingly, the Magpie and Crown and the Brewery Tap - two excellent pubs, survive. I imagine they'll be turned into mimsy gastropubs when the regeneration is complete. A girl friend who lives in Brentford says it'll be the new Henley-on-Thames.
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 18:54 - Mar 1 with 1567 viewsLblock

My house and then The Plough

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 19:02 - Mar 1 with 1543 viewsswitchingcode

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 14:13 - Mar 1 by Boston

I like the local area, pubs around there but would avoid like the plague tomorrow as they’re too small.

You Won’t wait long in any of the boozers around the ground to get served tomorrow.The away end sells out most weeks and never have issues.
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 20:20 - Mar 1 with 1442 viewscolinallcars

Brentford used tohave one of the highest ratios of pubs to population in the country and was known as the Town of Taverns. Sadly loads have closed but it's still a good place for boozers.
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 20:24 - Mar 1 with 1437 viewsBoston

There probably are but I’m not aware, of any home fan only pubs.

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 20:26 - Mar 1 with 1436 viewsBoston

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 20:20 - Mar 1 by colinallcars

Brentford used tohave one of the highest ratios of pubs to population in the country and was known as the Town of Taverns. Sadly loads have closed but it's still a good place for boozers.

Something they would have in common with Shepherds Bush.

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 21:02 - Mar 1 with 1387 viewsToast_R

Best of luck to everyone going, wish I was but my daughter was born this week so I've been grounded. Hope to make Norwich in April.
Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 09:07 - Mar 2 with 1117 viewsfrancisbowles

Hounslow Red Stripes Pubs on 21:02 - Mar 1 by Toast_R

Best of luck to everyone going, wish I was but my daughter was born this week so I've been grounded. Hope to make Norwich in April.

Has the Mrs said you'll be toast?

Bring her with you, never too young to be an R! Congrats.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024