Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report 00:19 - Mar 15 with 2583 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49930
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 05:08 - Mar 15 with 2432 viewswestberksr

Great report, shite night

Pretty much sums it up
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 07:49 - Mar 15 with 2285 viewsDejR_vu

When something we all do for enjoyment makes us feel like this, it’s gone beyond a problem. The stadium’s going to be empty every week next season and once they’re gone they won’t come back. These owners will go down in history as the people who destroyed this club.

Standards, we don’t have any.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 09:39 - Mar 15 with 2108 viewsstevec

Good report as usual, but giving Furlong and Cousins 4 out of 10? You're much more of a gentleman than me.

Credit to Samuel and Luongo, at least they stuck at it.
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 10:33 - Mar 15 with 2021 viewsJJB

Brilliantly depressing stuff. I enjoy these reports more then the actual games and I mean that.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 10:52 - Mar 15 with 1989 viewsdaveB

That was a league cup game style attendance, empty seats everywhere in SA Road and Ellerslie, rows of empty seats around us in the lower loft as well. I usually go with a group of about 10 of us, only 2 of us bothered on wendesday the rest have had enough and these are not glory hunters these several generations who have been going every week since the 60's.
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 10:53 - Mar 15 with 1986 viewsjohnhoop

Great report Clive. It must have been difficult to find the words to do justice to the absolute shiteness of the experience that being at Wednesday’s game was for an R’s supporter but you’ve managed it superbly. It puts into words what a mind-numbing, spirit-sapping, soul-destroying experience it was. I came out feeling numb from what we’d just witnessed . Maybe they should install counselling booths for fans on the way out of the ground.
I’m aware how achingly uncool a Harry Potter reference is going to be on this forum but I think maybe we should be sponsored by the Dementors from said books- suck the f-ing life out of you!
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 11:34 - Mar 15 with 1909 viewsqprmike

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 10:53 - Mar 15 by johnhoop

Great report Clive. It must have been difficult to find the words to do justice to the absolute shiteness of the experience that being at Wednesday’s game was for an R’s supporter but you’ve managed it superbly. It puts into words what a mind-numbing, spirit-sapping, soul-destroying experience it was. I came out feeling numb from what we’d just witnessed . Maybe they should install counselling booths for fans on the way out of the ground.
I’m aware how achingly uncool a Harry Potter reference is going to be on this forum but I think maybe we should be sponsored by the Dementors from said books- suck the f-ing life out of you!

When I saw you at half time you said you could just cut and paste the Stoke report. By full time I was wishing it could be that good. The first time ever in 50 years supporting my team I left the ground depressed.
As you say when bright won the battle with their left back I said to my son perfect he's got him now... Unbelievable that he's then swapped to left wing!!! And as for waiting so long to make any changes. Indefensible.
Thanks for the report and sorry for disturbing your half time loo visit
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 12:45 - Mar 15 with 1794 viewsngbqpr

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 10:52 - Mar 15 by daveB

That was a league cup game style attendance, empty seats everywhere in SA Road and Ellerslie, rows of empty seats around us in the lower loft as well. I usually go with a group of about 10 of us, only 2 of us bothered on wendesday the rest have had enough and these are not glory hunters these several generations who have been going every week since the 60's.

Living 130 miles away, midweek home games are few & far between for me, so I'm one of those who has to admit to being thankful for the red button service, tho I know it's morally indefensible ;)

During the first half I started to get very agitated. My wife was bemused, saying "thought you didn't bother getting upset by it any more?". I explained that it was the rows upon rows of empty seats that were getting me worked up...and then with the football on offer being so poor, the knowledge that said empty seats might become the norm. Soul-destroying.

However I still boldly stated at half time that I'd seen "nothing from Rotherham", and that we only needed to up things by a gear, keep it on the floor and run directly at them, and, poor tho we were, that would be enough.

At 0-1 we were all so depressed we turned over to the Champions League, something we have NEVER done before - frequently attending away games a bit more local to us like Rotherham, Donny etc on CL nights.

Felt like one of those watershed moments....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Login to get fewer ads

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 13:09 - Mar 15 with 1743 viewsjohnhoop

I’m sure they must arrive at those attendance figures by counting all the season ticket holders even if they don’t turn up. It’s the only plausible explanation for what was a totally unbelievable figure.
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 14:08 - Mar 15 with 1642 viewsTheChef

Not sure Clive how you're going to find the will to draft your Hull preview without the use of proof alcohol or mind-expanding drugs, but I wish you the best of luck with that!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 14:46 - Mar 15 with 1575 viewsloneranger1

Funny isn't it, I remember how last season there was a lot of talk on here about how crowd's were going down, a lot of the football was poor under Ollie, we needed to play better football (and get better results) to keep people coming....

Am very patient but there have been ew games with much good football this season,,, that 15minute spell after h-t against Brentford was great, but it's not exactly been exhilarating has it?

A non-Rangers mate came with me on Wednesday and I was sorry I'd dragged him along to watch that rubbish (although it did help keep me sane!)
QPR plumb new depths in Rotherham debacle - Report on 21:18 - Mar 15 with 1118 viewsbosh67

Yup I think you nailed it there Clive. That was for akin to the Vauxhall Motors performance. No disrespect to them or Rotherham. I actually considered that we should disband the football team bit and just do what we do well and serve the local community instead.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024