Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A faint voice in praise of Hemed 18:31 - Mar 16 with 2742 viewsVancouverHoop

I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if Hemed's "goals per minutes played" is better than most of us realise. He looks deeply unimpressive: can't run, doesn't tackle, limited ball skills but he's occasionally in the right place for the garbage goals. Like today. I suspect most players would never have expected Scowen to turn that waist high pass back in front of goal, but Hemed was there waiting for it. He's maybe a bit like Sylla, a pure goal hanger who's useless at everything except scoring goals?
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 18:34 - Mar 16 with 2709 viewsPunteR

so what was the point in selling Sylla?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 18:41 - Mar 16 with 2650 viewsVancouverHoop

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 18:34 - Mar 16 by PunteR

Good question. I never thought we should have but maybe there were off-field issues.
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 20:09 - Mar 16 with 2436 viewsQPROslo

I've always liked a fox in the box, but they seem to have gone out of fashion lately. Sylla was a fox and smiled as he did it. Shame he wasn't ever given the opportunities Washington, about the biggest non-fox I've seen, got. Hemed has a bit of that getting in the right place about him too, looks more foxy than Wells to me.
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 20:15 - Mar 16 with 2401 viewsdanehoop

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 20:09 - Mar 16 by QPROslo

I've always liked a fox in the box, but they seem to have gone out of fashion lately. Sylla was a fox and smiled as he did it. Shame he wasn't ever given the opportunities Washington, about the biggest non-fox I've seen, got. Hemed has a bit of that getting in the right place about him too, looks more foxy than Wells to me.

With Sylla it is strange thing, but not one of the managers he has played for at QPR seemed to rate him that highly.

Never knowingly understood

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 20:23 - Mar 16 with 2361 viewsWatford_Ranger

He’s a 1 in 3 striker which is fine if you offer something else. When you’re appalling for 269 of every 270 minutes you deserve to be called out for the fat waster you are.
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 15:40 - Mar 17 with 1939 viewstimcocking

It's a fair point. That's a few goals now. I can handle a sub-standard striker if they do consistently score. Andy Thomson (was it?) springs to mind, scored and did sweet fa otherwise.

Rather have a player like Nahki who runs more, but therein probably lies the difference. Easier to retain composure for those game changing moments if you've saving your energy doing sod all most of the game.

He still hasn't played that many times, i can still be persuaded by him.
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 16:08 - Mar 17 with 1905 viewsjonno

Loaning players, particularly strikers, is rarely a very satisfactory option in my view. For a start, they are unlikely to want to risk getting injured so will probably not be prepared to take a hit from a defender to score a goal. And let's face it, if they are actually reliable goal scorers their parent club is not likely to want to offload them, there is usually a reason why they want to move them out in any case. Although they are with so called "premier League" clubs I would not describe either Wells or Hemed as "premier league" quality strikers from what I have seen. Run of the mill Championship level at best I would say. That's not to say they aren't better than what we had mind, but they clearly don't provide the sort of threat a quality striker would.
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 08:20 - Mar 18 with 1628 viewsLadbrokeR

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 18:34 - Mar 16 by PunteR

There’s a question
Login to get fewer ads

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 08:36 - Mar 18 with 1613 viewstoboboly

I'm not sure 5 goals in 24 appearances is that great even if he only played 10 minutes in each game...

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 1554 viewsdaveB

The problem isn't if he is any good or not it's that he hasn't looked bothered in most games he's played
A faint voice in praise of Hemed on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 1447 viewssmegma

"Dave" Agyemang started like a train, scored on his debut then continued with 8 goals in first 6 games. First season ended up with 9 goals in 18, following season it was 2 in 23. In 20 years he will be forgotten as he was generally pony. Hemed will be as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024