Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you owned QPR right now what would you do? 06:36 - Apr 1 with 2565 viewssuperhoopdownunder

These are very different times from when Jim Gregory was running the club.
The current owners seem to not be interested in getting their hands dirty and getting this mess sorted out - they seem to be hanging on for a property deal to get some money back.
In relation to Tony not being involved that is probably a good thing.

If I owned QPR I would organise a full review of the club to work out what is going wrong.
I would look to rebuild and be realistic about the size of our club (similar to Preston) and cut our cloth accordingly (budget 13m and all staff about 110 not the 180 at present)
Every role would be looked at to see if it is actualy required and whether the person was performing in that role.

Based on the review I would assess whether we really need an academy.
Do we really need an under 23 team or switch to a reserve team.
Why is our recruiting not working?
Look at Norwich, Preston, Brentford, Southampton etc for clubs that do these things well.
Based on being a lower championship or league one side do we need a Dof?
How are the manager, DoF and CEO performing?
Why do we have a poor culture?

What would you do if you owned QPR?

U R's
If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 06:57 - Apr 1 with 2530 viewstimcocking

I'd have probably 25 players, no youth teams, get rid of tonnes of staff. I think it's easier than ever to go and buy good cheap players (well, ok, maybe not good but ok), so just hoover up the best players from division 2 or Chelsea/Spurs rejects or whatever. Make tickets cheaper, prioritise safe standing to try and fill the ground and make the atmosphere good. I wouldn't change the manager unless we had to as a general rule. And i would never loan a player unless i really had to.

Then, it's just a case of trying to hang in there until something changes or we get a perfect storm of a lucky/decent manager and a couple of particularly good players and you're always in with an outside chance of the playoffs on a good year.

It just seems a false economy to have the ground half empty, with all of the ongoing long-term problems that brings, likewise it seems a false economy to release our best three players for nothing whilst having 20 different teams and hundreds of staff. That's only because of FFP, though. I think it'd be a fcuking disgrace if we had to disband the women's teams or youth teams just to try and scrape under their arbitrary barrier. Wouldn't want to have to.
If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:42 - Apr 1 with 2468 viewsLblock

If I owned QPR right now what would I do?

Hang my head in shame

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:43 - Apr 1 with 2467 views2Thomas2Bowles

Switch to Women's football.
We have the perfect name and ground, the seats are better for woman and children.
We wear pink
Costs a lot less and is growing in popularity
We might win a cup
Can't see how it can go wrong.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:45 - Apr 1 with 2465 viewsRoller

Money spent on the youth teams and the ladies team is outside of the scope of FFP and excluded from FFP assessments.

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:45 - Apr 1 with 2463 viewsPunteR

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:43 - Apr 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Switch to Women's football.
We have the perfect name and ground, the seats are better for woman and children.
We wear pink
Costs a lot less and is growing in popularity
We might win a cup
Can't see how it can go wrong.

We're pretty rubbish at womens football too.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:46 - Apr 1 with 2462 viewsWokingR

I'd shut the club down, clear the site, buy myself a small hut and use the space as a car park.
Saturdays would be far more relaxing and with Westfield round the corner I'd make a fortune.
If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:47 - Apr 1 with 2456 viewsPunteR

I would be asking some serious questions to my DoF.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:59 - Apr 1 with 2416 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:45 - Apr 1 by PunteR

We're pretty rubbish at womens football too.

Free your mind and your arse will follow
It's the new way forward
Men's football as we all say is fecked
Time to get on board

Login to get fewer ads

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 08:04 - Apr 1 with 2396 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:46 - Apr 1 by WokingR

I'd shut the club down, clear the site, buy myself a small hut and use the space as a car park.
Saturdays would be far more relaxing and with Westfield round the corner I'd make a fortune.

and a car wash.

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 08:28 - Apr 1 with 2340 viewsWokingR

I think you'd better leave the plans for the car wash to me

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 09:02 - Apr 1 with 2257 viewstoboboly

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 08:28 - Apr 1 by WokingR

I think you'd better leave the plans for the car wash to me

Happy to help.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 09:40 - Apr 1 with 2160 viewsfrancisbowles

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 07:46 - Apr 1 by WokingR

The types that go to Westfield on a Saturday afternoon are never going to walk that far!
If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 09:45 - Apr 1 with 2147 views2Thomas2Bowles

If you owned QPR right now what would you do? on 09:40 - Apr 1 by francisbowles

The types that go to Westfield on a Saturday afternoon are never going to walk that far!

That car wash and some mud wrestling and they will be running there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024