Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd team selection v Millwall 19:14 - Apr 10 with 2600 viewssmegma

3 defenders only and none on the bench ???

Watch them play well now!!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 19:16]
Odd team selection v Millwall on 19:22 - Apr 10 with 2533 viewsbosh67

Oh good no wingers!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Odd team selection v Millwall on 19:47 - Apr 10 with 2398 viewsBucksRanger

Oh good! Leistner's back.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 20:03 - Apr 10 with 2345 viewstoboboly

Odd team selection v Millwall on 19:22 - Apr 10 by bosh67

Oh good no wingers!

Play Matt Smith but no-one to supply crosses, width or pace?

Hang Eustace now.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Odd team selection v Millwall on 20:41 - Apr 10 with 2259 viewsMrSheen

Odd team selection v Millwall on 20:03 - Apr 10 by toboboly

Hang Eustace now.

Only Eustace
Can make this world seem right
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 20:42]
Odd team selection v Millwall on 22:11 - Apr 10 with 2064 viewssmegma

Bringing on Pav 1 minute into the 3 added on was a master stroke.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 22:15 - Apr 10 with 2033 viewsNortholt_Rs

Odd team selection v Millwall on 22:11 - Apr 10 by smegma

Bringing on Pav 1 minute into the 3 added on was a master stroke.

We got a good point when most of us thought we’d get well beat. I’m happy with that.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:21 - Apr 10 with 1896 viewsVancouverHoop

Given the options I thought the team selection was one of tonight's positives. No obvious wide players gave me collywobbles at KO, but it kinda worked. Finishing from both sides was seriously ropey. We didn't have many chances, but Millwall had fewer, I don't recall Lumley having to make a save all night. If BOS can get a start Saturday alongside either of tonight's starters, we might even manage a goal. Who knows.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:30 - Apr 10 with 1854 viewsdistortR

Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:21 - Apr 10 by VancouverHoop

Given the options I thought the team selection was one of tonight's positives. No obvious wide players gave me collywobbles at KO, but it kinda worked. Finishing from both sides was seriously ropey. We didn't have many chances, but Millwall had fewer, I don't recall Lumley having to make a save all night. If BOS can get a start Saturday alongside either of tonight's starters, we might even manage a goal. Who knows.

tbf, fair does to eustace today, changed the team around a bit and got a decent result
Login to get fewer ads

Odd team selection v Millwall on 00:32 - Apr 11 with 1785 viewsVancouverHoop

Yeah. It didn't look like a Mclaren formation. I don't think he would have used BOS up front, nor Manning at LB. Eustace also played Scowen upfield (as at Hull) with Luongo slightly behind him, or so it seemed to me.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 04:06 - Apr 11 with 1697 viewstimcocking

Astonishing team selection and setup.

Well done John Eustace, that was very brave. A very good point in my eyes under the circumstances.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 10:59 - Apr 11 with 1457 viewsDraytonR

Odd team selection v Millwall on 20:03 - Apr 10 by toboboly

Hang Eustace now.

I was wishing we'd never got rid of Seb Poulter !!! I'm sure he would have tucked one away last night !
Odd team selection v Millwall on 11:02 - Apr 11 with 1447 viewssmegma

Odd team selection v Millwall on 10:59 - Apr 11 by DraytonR

I was wishing we'd never got rid of Seb Poulter !!! I'm sure he would have tucked one away last night !

He wanted to leave.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 11:15 - Apr 11 with 1412 viewssmegma

Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:21 - Apr 10 by VancouverHoop

You've missed my point. We started with only 3 defenders and had none on the bench. How can a professional club ONLY have 3 defenders to choose from ??? We had 5 midfielders starting and 4 on the bench, 2 forwards started and 2 on the bench. We have one of the biggest squads out there. We no doubt had more people in bright green tops on the bench than players on the pitch.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 12:23 - Apr 11 with 1343 viewsfrancisbowles

Odd team selection v Millwall on 11:15 - Apr 11 by smegma

You've missed my point. We started with only 3 defenders and had none on the bench. How can a professional club ONLY have 3 defenders to choose from ??? We had 5 midfielders starting and 4 on the bench, 2 forwards started and 2 on the bench. We have one of the biggest squads out there. We no doubt had more people in bright green tops on the bench than players on the pitch.

Injuries to Hall, Bidwell and don't know about Rangel. Don't really have any others to choose from unless you want to use one of the young players not on loan. Anyone ready
to step up in your opinion?

Think he went for experience as much as possible to enable us to grind out a result in a very hostile atmosphere.

Would have looked to Cousins and Pav to come on as defensive cover and Cameron to drop into CB if required. Smith an option here as well if both cbs pick up an injury.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 12:28 - Apr 11 with 1326 viewssmegma

Odd team selection v Millwall on 12:23 - Apr 11 by francisbowles

Injuries to Hall, Bidwell and don't know about Rangel. Don't really have any others to choose from unless you want to use one of the young players not on loan. Anyone ready
to step up in your opinion?

Think he went for experience as much as possible to enable us to grind out a result in a very hostile atmosphere.

Would have looked to Cousins and Pav to come on as defensive cover and Cameron to drop into CB if required. Smith an option here as well if both cbs pick up an injury.

Exactly. Which makes me wonder about those that went out on loan. Baptiste, Phillips and Hamalainen went on loan allegedly. I say allegedly as Phillips is back playing in the under 23s despite being on loan until the end of the season. I don't think Baptiste has started a game but can be corrected. We've just sent a few under 23s 'on loan' according to our website yet the story doing the rounds is they've left the club.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 13:26 - Apr 11 with 1252 viewsterryb

I still regard Cameron as a defender., so the substitute defender was already on the pitch.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:11 - Apr 11 with 1024 viewssmegma

Odd team selection v Millwall on 13:26 - Apr 11 by terryb

I still regard Cameron as a defender., so the substitute defender was already on the pitch.

Hasn't played in defence
Odd team selection v Millwall on 06:48 - Apr 12 with 955 viewsdistortR

Odd team selection v Millwall on 12:28 - Apr 11 by smegma

Exactly. Which makes me wonder about those that went out on loan. Baptiste, Phillips and Hamalainen went on loan allegedly. I say allegedly as Phillips is back playing in the under 23s despite being on loan until the end of the season. I don't think Baptiste has started a game but can be corrected. We've just sent a few under 23s 'on loan' according to our website yet the story doing the rounds is they've left the club.

If Phillips went on loan and then came back for personal reasons, whatever, it may be that we couldn't pick him anyway as he is officially still on loan?

These things, like most things, are a mystery to me.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 09:44 - Apr 12 with 886 viewsterryb

Odd team selection v Millwall on 23:11 - Apr 11 by smegma

Hasn't played in defence

He definitely did for Stoke.

He can't create, so he can't be defined as a midfield player!
Odd team selection v Millwall on 18:23 - Apr 12 with 813 viewssmegma

Odd team selection v Millwall on 09:44 - Apr 12 by terryb

He definitely did for Stoke.

He can't create, so he can't be defined as a midfield player!

So you agree he hasn't played in defence for us ?? That was my original point.
Odd team selection v Millwall on 19:22 - Apr 12 with 782 viewsterryb

Odd team selection v Millwall on 18:23 - Apr 12 by smegma

So you agree he hasn't played in defence for us ?? That was my original point.

I agree, he hasn't played in defence for us.

He is a defender though!

I don't quite follow your logic on this. Wszolek has played as a defender for us, but that doesn't make it his position. The same applies to Cousins.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024