Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning 23:07 - Apr 10 with 5285 viewsParkRoyalR

Excellent tonight, must have blocked half a dozen crosses into the box by closing down his man. We have conceded so many goals this season from that area, was a huge plus. Combined with a couple of other crucial interceptions, hopefully he gets a run at Left Back till end of the season.
Manning on 23:24 - Apr 10 with 3584 viewsdistortR

have said before, if he is to find a position at QPR, reckon it will be left back.
Should have been given more game time there, although I actually quite like Bidwell as well.
Feel sorry for the latter at times, been hung out to dry by team mates too many times
Manning on 23:30 - Apr 10 with 3537 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't - I find him an ill-disciplined twunt. Even Holloway was asking where he was at that Forest mauling I was unfortunate enough to witness a year or two back. Hope he's offski as soon as we're safeski, personally.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Manning on 23:33 - Apr 10 with 3506 viewswombat

Manning on 23:30 - Apr 10 by stainrods_elbow

I don't - I find him an ill-disciplined twunt. Even Holloway was asking where he was at that Forest mauling I was unfortunate enough to witness a year or two back. Hope he's offski as soon as we're safeski, personally.

Just back thought manning and Scowen did well tonight

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Manning on 23:34 - Apr 10 with 3499 viewsessextaxiboy

I met Ryan Manning at Heathrow a few weeks back , he was picking his mum up . We had a nice chat for a few minutes . He just wants to play games , he didnt rule out another loan if he wasnt going to play , it was the reason he went to Rotheram .

I told him the team look tired , he said Mclaren was "superstitious" ? in sticking to his perceived best team and that Freeman in particular was exhausted. We spoke about Ollie giving him his debut and the goal at Villa against Terry.

I asked him to stick with us , a nice young fella IMO. Glad to see he got a chance tonight .
Manning on 23:40 - Apr 10 with 3469 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 23:33 - Apr 10 by wombat

Just back thought manning and Scowen did well tonight

Yes Scowen was excellent too, and my man Joel was back to his imperious best after a couple of below par games for him!
Manning on 23:40 - Apr 10 with 3465 viewsDejR_vu

All sounds promising.

I’ve never been overly impressed with him in midfield but maybe he could be a reasonable option at LB longer-term, particularly given the financial constraints.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Manning on 23:49 - Apr 10 with 3422 viewswombat

Manning on 23:40 - Apr 10 by DejR_vu

All sounds promising.

I’ve never been overly impressed with him in midfield but maybe he could be a reasonable option at LB longer-term, particularly given the financial constraints.

Think he reads the game better than Bidwell at left back not as rash and better coming forward as well , nothing against Bidwell but I’d let Ryan have the spot for the next couple of games . He can also drop into midfield if needed

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Manning on 23:55 - Apr 10 with 3390 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Manning on 23:34 - Apr 10 by essextaxiboy

I met Ryan Manning at Heathrow a few weeks back , he was picking his mum up . We had a nice chat for a few minutes . He just wants to play games , he didnt rule out another loan if he wasnt going to play , it was the reason he went to Rotheram .

I told him the team look tired , he said Mclaren was "superstitious" ? in sticking to his perceived best team and that Freeman in particular was exhausted. We spoke about Ollie giving him his debut and the goal at Villa against Terry.

I asked him to stick with us , a nice young fella IMO. Glad to see he got a chance tonight .

Nice post essextaxiboy and I am happy to see Manning is a good kid with the fans away from LR.
Its hard to imagine his frustration sitting on the bench game after game practically begging for his chance and getting nothing .Its one thing is we were on a winning streak but playing rubbish game after game with tired, uninspired ,over paid mercenaries starting and coming on before him.If he is in the future plans give him his chance now.It will ease the pressure on him thus taking away his desperation to impress which is causing a few reckless challenges IMO.He has a sweet left foot and could be a nice player for us
Login to get fewer ads

Manning on 23:55 - Apr 10 with 3383 viewsHunterhoop

Manning on 23:40 - Apr 10 by ParkRoyalR

Yes Scowen was excellent too, and my man Joel was back to his imperious best after a couple of below par games for him!

“Below par”. Hilarious.

Joel still could have got himself sent off early doors.

I’d suggest it was Toni’s return to the team (and Millwall being dreadful) that helped the defence...rather than Lynch being imperious. He’s never been imperious. And hopefully won’t be with us next year.
Manning on 00:03 - Apr 11 with 3351 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 23:55 - Apr 10 by Hunterhoop

“Below par”. Hilarious.

Joel still could have got himself sent off early doors.

I’d suggest it was Toni’s return to the team (and Millwall being dreadful) that helped the defence...rather than Lynch being imperious. He’s never been imperious. And hopefully won’t be with us next year.

That must have been when he chased Leistner's man back and mugged him Bobby Moore style. I think in the replay you can still see Leistner in the distance turning slowly...we'll leave that debate for another time...you must be tired after the long walk to Canada Water!
Manning on 00:48 - Apr 11 with 3228 viewsextratimeR

Very impressed with Manning tonight, just what you need, no mucking about, nice and tight, obviously got some pace, and put his foot in when required.

Excellent!
Manning on 01:00 - Apr 11 with 3217 viewsNorthernr

Player committed to the club turning in committed performance. Shocked I am. Shocked I say.
Manning on 06:06 - Apr 11 with 2983 viewstimcocking

Very pleased to see him in tonight. Bound to be hungrier than almost all of our other players.

A very brave call from John Eustace.
Manning on 06:40 - Apr 11 with 2936 viewspaulparker

I’ve been banging on about manning for months now whilst some posters have said he wasn’t good enough, can’t get in Rotherhams team, his nothing special etc , well he is good enough and was solid in a position that he never plays in hardly, he isn’t a fullback but he needs to play on Saturday and until the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Manning on 07:40 - Apr 11 with 2748 viewsTheChef

Manning on 00:03 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

That must have been when he chased Leistner's man back and mugged him Bobby Moore style. I think in the replay you can still see Leistner in the distance turning slowly...we'll leave that debate for another time...you must be tired after the long walk to Canada Water!

Alright Joel, for goodness sake give it a rest.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manning on 07:41 - Apr 11 with 2741 viewsTheChef

Manning on 01:00 - Apr 11 by Northernr

Player committed to the club turning in committed performance. Shocked I am. Shocked I say.

What is this sorcery you speak of?

Anyway, nice point, John Eustace is a tactical genius (apart from still selecting Joel fcking Lynch - I can only I assume he is blackmailing the coaching staff to be selected come what may).

Manning on 07:52 - Apr 11 with 2676 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really like the lad, and if ill discipline is the concern we can always bosh him with a sick full of snooker balls Full Metal Jacket style.
Manning on 08:01 - Apr 11 with 2645 viewsWestbourneR

Manning on 07:52 - Apr 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

I really like the lad, and if ill discipline is the concern we can always bosh him with a sick full of snooker balls Full Metal Jacket style.

Always really liked Manning. I’d personally have him in centre mid well ahead of Cousins or even Scowen.

But... interested to hear about LB. this could work.

Didn’t see the game last night but that could work.

Feels like a crucial point last night, vital not to lose

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Manning on 08:30 - Apr 11 with 2533 viewsBlue_Castello

Really pleased to hear Manning had a good game, he has always looked comfortable at left back and deserved his chance. Bidwells injury presumably forced the issue but at least Eustace was prepared to give him the opportunity, the selection of Manning, Scowen and Smith were just what was needed against Milwall, it gave us a chance to compete in the Lions Den.

It came as no surprise to read Mannings comments to Essex because Freeman does indeed look knackered and he may well still be carrying this hip injury, that said he's still working hard for the team even if he's not hitting the heights of his Leeds performance.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 8:35]
Manning on 08:59 - Apr 11 with 2401 viewsqprd

I thought he had a good game, but there were some expected negatives

On the negative side, I thought he was too keen to hoof it in possession but I don’t blame him bc he didn’t have a winger playing in front of hIm to play out to and link up with

His positioning and initial reading of the game wasn’t always great, which is expected considering this was his first start at left back this year... but he used his athleticism to recover well, and it never cost us once

i think the most important thing is that he put in a mans performance and was up for the ocassion, and did what was needed to get result. Same with Matt Smith- it wasn’t a perfect performance by any measure and he was definitely wasteful. But he battled and did the things necessary to get us a result, which is what we needed more than anything else
Manning on 09:14 - Apr 11 with 2327 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning on 08:59 - Apr 11 by qprd

I thought he had a good game, but there were some expected negatives

On the negative side, I thought he was too keen to hoof it in possession but I don’t blame him bc he didn’t have a winger playing in front of hIm to play out to and link up with

His positioning and initial reading of the game wasn’t always great, which is expected considering this was his first start at left back this year... but he used his athleticism to recover well, and it never cost us once

i think the most important thing is that he put in a mans performance and was up for the ocassion, and did what was needed to get result. Same with Matt Smith- it wasn’t a perfect performance by any measure and he was definitely wasteful. But he battled and did the things necessary to get us a result, which is what we needed more than anything else

Agree, but in a team low on confidence, all were guilty of hoof-ball last night. Key for me was both Full Backs got tight last night and refused to offer up the usual free cross into the box. Often at the expense of corners, but that gave our team time to re-set and get organised.

BOS deserves credit too as was a constant threat which kept their Back 4 in their Half and allowed us to see the game out fairly comfortably.

I know Millwall aren't Norwich but Full Backs getting tight and a Winger attacking and beating his Full Back on the outside, really enjoyed.
Manning on 09:35 - Apr 11 with 2218 viewssevenhoop

Manning on 09:14 - Apr 11 by ParkRoyalR

Agree, but in a team low on confidence, all were guilty of hoof-ball last night. Key for me was both Full Backs got tight last night and refused to offer up the usual free cross into the box. Often at the expense of corners, but that gave our team time to re-set and get organised.

BOS deserves credit too as was a constant threat which kept their Back 4 in their Half and allowed us to see the game out fairly comfortably.

I know Millwall aren't Norwich but Full Backs getting tight and a Winger attacking and beating his Full Back on the outside, really enjoyed.

thought it was noticeable last night that both full backs didn't go forward anywhere near as much as they have been
Manning on 09:40 - Apr 11 with 2201 viewsNorthernr

Manning on 23:40 - Apr 10 by ParkRoyalR

Apart from getting rolled by his man, yet again, and fouling him when through on goal. Then having got away with that one screaming in the linesman's face to pick up a sixth yellow card in 11 games and leave him on a tightrope for the rest of the game.
Manning on 09:43 - Apr 11 with 2192 viewsTheChef

Manning on 09:40 - Apr 11 by Northernr

Apart from getting rolled by his man, yet again, and fouling him when through on goal. Then having got away with that one screaming in the linesman's face to pick up a sixth yellow card in 11 games and leave him on a tightrope for the rest of the game.

Is he one more booking away from a ban?

I assume the Dubai brochures have been out again.

Manning on 09:59 - Apr 11 with 2138 viewsCamberleyR

I posted this when Manning returned from Rotherham. Don't wanna blow my own trumpet but...
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/235899/3404544/wo

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024