Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos 21:20 - Apr 13 with 9568 viewsstainrods_elbow

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-hoos-on-importance-of-qprs-next-manager

Dear Lee,

I read with interest your use of the QPR website today to 'speak' - if only because it clarifies what I've recently pointed out to my little online tribe (albeit some fans seem not yet to have understood, or to want to) that you, as CEO, club spokesman and, bizarrely, former 'Co-Chairman', are as much part of 'hiring and firing' managers at QPR as Les, Amit and the rest of our baffling Board.

Just a word or two to the wise, and a quick query for now:

I was a QPR supporter while you were still studying at CEO school in the USA, so please don't tell me, in your folksy, faux-matey way, what it is to be QPR supporter. I know! I've been one (and a season ticket holder, club member, and fanzine contributor), in various guises and places, for 42 years. Like many others, I still will be when you've moved on for the sake of your career. Humouring me after the last four months won't wash, so just zip it - you don't have the credit!

The defeat against Norwich wasn't 'forgettable' , to use your no doubt carefully chosen bit of semantic spin (I know you did a bit of training as a lawyer too) - it was all too horribly memorable for all the wrong reasons under the footballing sun! Today's performance didn't 'put it right' either, although it was a mercifully welcome reclamation of a decent slice of pride. The truth is the players owe us fans big time with four more comparable showings - and only now to seal our safety and play for some restored credibility.

Finally, having played your considerable part in the fiasco of the incoming/outgoing JFK, Ian Holloway and Steve McClaren, what, precisely, makes you feel the fanbase should trust you (or anyone else at QPR) with the future recruitment of coaches, players or even the tea lady, and that you're not part of the problem rather than the solution? I'd really love to know - from you or anyone.

Today's performance by the players has come, as I say, as a bag of blessedly belated relief, but it isn't going to have me turning cartwheels after the way this club has been the worst in the land (bar the Leeds game) for the entire calendar year, or suddenly deciding it's not run by a bunch of shysters, if not rank incompetents. After the appalling combination of fecklessness, amateurishness, laziness and gutlessness (albeit with sprinklings of rank bad luck) for pretty much the whole of 2019, the alienation of a former well-loved club man and the farcical disconnect between the last manager's appointment and his removal, one swallow does most definitely not a summer make. You and the management team have a whole lot of work to do to convince me you're fit for purpose, and then some.

My eyes will be on you all, very closely indeed, in the close season and next campaign. As a kind of uber-accountant, you'll understand you're accountable in more ways than one. I'm sorry your complacent statement did not make me think you feel even a sliver of warranted embarrassment at your performance in regard to recruitment, or at least you couldn't bear to admit it.

You and others may find me harsh - so be it! For one who says he never gets involved in the football side, nevertheless, it's bizarre to me you're going to be dunking your oar in with the next recipient of our peculiarly poisoned chalice.

Yours, etc.,

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 19:59 - Apr 14 with 2530 viewsFredManRave

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:31 - Apr 13 by Antti_Heinola

I love me an open letter.

I'm more of a legs man, myself.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 20:40 - Apr 14 with 2435 viewsNorthernr

Out of interest, will you be writing to Terry Springett and Francis Atkinson about this?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:00 - Apr 14 with 2387 viewsnumptydumpty

Embarassing post -op

I actually myself think Lee Hoos is one of few appointments in recent times that has been a positive

Hes an accountant with nouse and he is in touch with the different challenges both financially and emotionally that a football club possesses and speaks eloquently about the challenges we face.

Million times better than Beard who just threw money at everything and was dominated by football folk

Lee Hoos to me is a realist

Ok he not a qpr fan of many years like yourself but its still able for him to get the club as an employee and I think he is along the right lines myself

Your letter was incredibly aggressive in tone and amazingly patronising.

I am glad you do not sit behind me at loftus road because you sound like the sort of fan we don't need - always moaning and knowing better than everyone else but just being abusive to people you don't agree with is IMO not the way to make a point.

Ok we not done well but why you having a pop at Lee Hoos.

He is one who trying his best to deal with our mess - and seen as you keeping mentioning JFK - do you have Lee Hoos down as Lee Harvey Oswald.

He aint chap his surname is Hoos !!!!!!!!!!

You definitely seem like there is some kind of dodgy conspiracy theory though

Note to OP - to get someone onto your way of thinking stop throwing nasty unkind insults !!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 10:26 - Apr 15 with 2229 viewsNortholt_Rs

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 20:40 - Apr 14 by Northernr

Out of interest, will you be writing to Terry Springett and Francis Atkinson about this?

The bloke is a total bell. We have our best game and result of the season - against all the odds - with a massive 4-0 win against a high flying Swansea side....and still he posts this b ollox?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 10:28 - Apr 15 with 2223 viewssimmo

Yet we wonder why good people won't want to work here. What a load of condescending old shit.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 2181 viewsBuckR

This blokes hilarious, sounds like David Brent!
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 13:43 - Apr 15 with 2089 viewsLunarJetman

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 11:28 - Apr 15 by BuckR

This blokes hilarious, sounds like David Brent!

He seems to post in the evenings so wonder if his posts are after one or two too many?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 14:31 - Apr 15 with 2014 viewssimmo

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 13:43 - Apr 15 by LunarJetman

He seems to post in the evenings so wonder if his posts are after one or two too many?

Don't drag alcohols good name through the mud on account of this guy.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:31 - Aug 1 with 1610 viewsnumptydumpty

Sorry just seen this - your letter is hilarious op..

I would understand it if you were qpr supporter aged 13 and three quarters but you say you supported our club for 42 years.

I got three years on you but in my younger more immature days I actually sent a post to soccer am in its very early days - it was along the lines of your letter op - totally pompous and with some kind of rocket stuck very firmly up my aforesaid posterior - most painful

I was not happy with helen chamberlains presenting on soccer am that morning and questioned her professionalism at having the sulk of all time - not really saying a word as torquay had lost in play off final the day previous...

What at the time I failed to recognise the joke of a job I did for thames water at that time when staff all regularly visited local hostelry three times a week and had minimum three pints lunchtimes I probably failed recognise that I was talking out of my wotist - ie do as I say not as I do...

Its a fricking difficult job being CEO of a football club as emotions from supporters run high - my view of Lee Hoos he came in at a pretty dreadful time and mismanagement by Phil Beard with accomplice Tony buggered up the club and we playing catch up ever since.

Football maangers at evry club bar none never get any time to establish themselves and its unusual with nearly all appointments for a manager to last even two years maximum.

We not alone in that

I am certain that Lee Hoos is doing a far better job than the op could achieve - I am tempted to ask what the op s employment history as I suggest he / she apply for the role when Lee Hoos decides his time with us is up....

You made me chuckle anyhow

I have to say Helen Chamberlain is a far better presenter than myself and a lot easier on the eye also.

Maybe perhaps it is because moniseur Hoos has a trans atlantic lilt to his dialogue and not that of a south africa road resident perhaps !!!!!!

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 04:14 - Aug 2 with 1401 viewsessextaxiboy

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 22:31 - Aug 1 by numptydumpty

Sorry just seen this - your letter is hilarious op..

I would understand it if you were qpr supporter aged 13 and three quarters but you say you supported our club for 42 years.

I got three years on you but in my younger more immature days I actually sent a post to soccer am in its very early days - it was along the lines of your letter op - totally pompous and with some kind of rocket stuck very firmly up my aforesaid posterior - most painful

I was not happy with helen chamberlains presenting on soccer am that morning and questioned her professionalism at having the sulk of all time - not really saying a word as torquay had lost in play off final the day previous...

What at the time I failed to recognise the joke of a job I did for thames water at that time when staff all regularly visited local hostelry three times a week and had minimum three pints lunchtimes I probably failed recognise that I was talking out of my wotist - ie do as I say not as I do...

Its a fricking difficult job being CEO of a football club as emotions from supporters run high - my view of Lee Hoos he came in at a pretty dreadful time and mismanagement by Phil Beard with accomplice Tony buggered up the club and we playing catch up ever since.

Football maangers at evry club bar none never get any time to establish themselves and its unusual with nearly all appointments for a manager to last even two years maximum.

We not alone in that

I am certain that Lee Hoos is doing a far better job than the op could achieve - I am tempted to ask what the op s employment history as I suggest he / she apply for the role when Lee Hoos decides his time with us is up....

You made me chuckle anyhow

I have to say Helen Chamberlain is a far better presenter than myself and a lot easier on the eye also.

Maybe perhaps it is because moniseur Hoos has a trans atlantic lilt to his dialogue and not that of a south africa road resident perhaps !!!!!!

You have just seen it ?
Didn't you post on this thread on Apr 14th ?
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 07:52 - Aug 2 with 1237 viewsnumptydumpty

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 04:14 - Aug 2 by essextaxiboy

You have just seen it ?
Didn't you post on this thread on Apr 14th ?

It came up on my thread latest posts for some reason but found it amusing so decided to reply.

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 14:56 - Aug 2 with 1100 viewssmegma

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 21:47 - Apr 13 by stainrods_elbow

Not actually sent, for the record. I realise now why that really would be stupid!

Erm, you've put it here on the internet. I bet you have lots of mirrors at home.
On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 20:20 - Aug 2 with 1012 viewsdanehoop

On the importance of the new manager: open letter to Lee 'Teflon' Hoos on 00:02 - Apr 14 by stainrods_elbow

If you feel the need to comment on my thread, at least do me the courtesy of reading and responding to what I wrote like an intelligent adult. For the record, and to mark your card, I don't publish anything for popularity, or to court some kind of consensus, so you can give that line of thought a rest yourself!

In simple English (as my 'open letter' seems to be beyond you to digest), I raised a reasonable question about LH's credibility going forwards as one of the management team who have presided over three manager hirings and firings, and also drew the attention of those people on the board who seem to still believe he still has no role in doing so, and who are wrong. That this history might raise a tiny question in some people's minds about the justification for his involvement now in key recruitment decisions, let alone his complacent statement on the Offish, is pretty obvious to me. It's not me making these statements, but it's my prerogative as a fan to respond to them in whatever way I choose.

I don't want, expect or need, LH to give any specific kind of reply, though I did find the tone of the message that was conveyed to me pretty telling, so I don't need to get over anything or anyone here. The truth is I'm pretty cynical about professional football and its machinations these days, and don't expect anything as quaint as truth, authenticity or transparency from anyone in it these days.

Finally, I post on LFW for the same reasons as I presume others do - to express my opinions, get things off my chest, and call it as I see it. If you have a problem with that, it's your problem! I'm sanguine, I'm afraid, so come back to me when you have something serious to say.

That’s not how it works I am afraid. You don’t get to dictate what and how people should respond to you. I

For what it’s worth, I think your post is utter nonsense and choose not to engage with it seriously. I’d probably consider the amount of negative responses to it as an indication that others feel disinclined to agree with you.

Can I stroke your hair?

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024