Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good piece on the offish from Mass 23:56 - Apr 15 with 3365 viewsbosh67

https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/interviews/luongo-weve-always-had-it-in-us/

Feels pretty obvious that the shackles have been taken off and the team sit down with a proper game plan.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 06:32 - Apr 16 with 3235 viewsnix

Without being explicit that interview screams thank hell McLaren's gone. We've got a solid base, we're being more aggressive, we just needed a spark, I said I wanted to get in the box rather than hanging round just outside. Mass looks happy again. Fantastic to see that back.
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 12:09 - Apr 16 with 3026 viewssimmo

All the interviews with players, especially the senior ones, seem to suggest they're quite happy with McClaren gone. For some like Scowen that's obvious as he's getting game time, but Luongo was one of Schteve's 'men' and still talks as though things are better now.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:09 - Apr 16 with 2927 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 12:09 - Apr 16 by simmo

All the interviews with players, especially the senior ones, seem to suggest they're quite happy with McClaren gone. For some like Scowen that's obvious as he's getting game time, but Luongo was one of Schteve's 'men' and still talks as though things are better now.

I wouldn't want to put it all down to SMc, though it does seem with him gone (forgetting the horrorshow at Norwich, which I can't) we're all of a sudden pressing (high), energised and aggressive - and one or two, like the hitherto hopeless and gutless Hemed, are starting to look like footballers again (albeit now the season's nearly over). Luongo's statement might shine an unfavourable light on the departing manager, but hardly covers the playing squad in glory either. If they'd 'had it in them' all this time, what's stopped it coming out of them for pretty much the whole of 2019? As usual, the fans will be the last to know.

As this season's been mostly written off by both players and the former manager in effect, I don't actually care that much about what happens in these final games - the club's beaten my enthusiasm out of me until 2019/20 at the earliest. As has been pointed out, in the close season, recruitment will be key, so I guess Mr Teflon Hoos will be making more of his valuable statements in due course to remind us how hard he'll be thinking all over again with the usual suspects. Goodo!

In the words of Tears For Fears, wake me up when things get started!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:12 - Apr 16 with 2917 viewssimmo

It's a shame your obsession with Hoos removes credibility from what could otherwise have been a very valid point.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:28 - Apr 16 with 2877 viewsrsonist

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 12:09 - Apr 16 by simmo

Think it's just general relief they've found a workable solution they've been searching for - not sure I get the vibe they ascribed earlier failure all to McClaren. When they were happy winning earlier in the season every interview sounded like they were loving the detail and discipline in defending deep/countering and that it was all a breath of fresh air compared to the coaching previously. Footballers 4 u.
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:38 - Apr 16 with 2837 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:12 - Apr 16 by simmo

It's a shame your obsession with Hoos removes credibility from what could otherwise have been a very valid point.

No, it doesn't - any more than one 'bad' track on an album, say, diminishes the quality of the rest of it. Obviously. It's actually your obsession with my so-called obsession with Hoos (which it isn't - it's just an attempt to make him and others properly srcutinise the failings of his own performance) that's the issue. Why not just take what you can from the bulk of my comment and disregard anything you don't care for, as is your prerogative? (Again, obviously.)

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 2814 viewssimmo

Your entire point there was geared towards having a dig at Hoos.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 14:03 - Apr 16 with 2776 viewsstevec

Expect our boys to despatch Blackburn's beach dwellers with similar gusto in preparation for a summer of higher expectation closely followed by the reality check of a brand new season.
Login to get fewer ads

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 14:59 - Apr 16 with 2698 viewsDavieQPR

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 13:47 - Apr 16 by simmo

Especially as Hoos deals with the financial and day to day running of the club. The footballing side is down to the DOF.
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:01 - Apr 16 with 2695 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Has Lee Hoos been spotted with Stainrods Elbows wife?
[Post edited 16 Apr 2019 15:02]
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:08 - Apr 16 with 2674 viewsLongsufferingR

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:01 - Apr 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Well if his aim was to mobilise us against Lee Hoos, he's done a pretty sht job of it.
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:19 - Apr 16 with 2644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 17:52 - Apr 16 with 2470 viewsA40Bosh

One of the key things that some people have picked up on is that against Swansea we were up and at them from the off with the high press. We were doing that at times earlier in the season and I wonder if those players who are having to do the pressing every game, eventually get fed up of running around like dogs in a park chasing a ball they are never going to get i.e. against the better footballing teams who can play through or around our pressing. Once the pressing has stopped then the holes in our defensive midfield/defence perhaps were more exposed and all of a sudden the pressing has gone, the energy levels have dropped, defence are under more pressure, more goals get conceded, losses start to build up, confidence dips, energy levels drop, pressing is non existent ...............

So with only a few games left this approach might see us over the line at home on our smaller narrower pitch but we are going to have to have a different approach next term or a least a Plan B, Plan C.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:03 - Apr 16 with 2389 viewsstainrods_elbow

Says you (and no it wasn't). Further fuel for the fire that says you're the one obsessed with my (non-) obsession, say I!

Jogging on . . .

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:07 - Apr 16 with 2380 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 14:59 - Apr 16 by DavieQPR

Especially as Hoos deals with the financial and day to day running of the club. The footballing side is down to the DOF.

O god- how many more times!!!

Hoos has just made an oh so earnest statement on the Offish, which makes very explicit how much HE (that's Lee, Lee Hoos, the Hooster, our CEO) will be part of the decision-making re the new manager (and implicitly was the last time out, and before that, and . . .).

Is it wilful denial or something else that stops you and one or two others from grasping this, or is he perhaps paying you? Genuine question.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:12 - Apr 16 with 2373 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:01 - Apr 16 by CroydonCaptJack

Ha ha - that's funny (though there's no Mrs Elbow, I m afraid).

In fact, some may be suprised that I am perfectly happy to give credit to give Hoos some credit for Warren Farm, and having a financial plan for the club etc. - it's right that he inherited fiscal chaos! He's clearly not a stupid guy, though I don't take to him or fully trust him for reasons I've discussed at other times. I just scrutinise his other statements and aspects of his performance like I do with anyone else at QPR - if the way I go about that makes me childish or 'strange' to one or two every so often, I'll try not to lose too much sleep over it. It's a game of opinions, and a sprinkling of exaggeration (a la Clive's review of the Norwich game) is part of that too.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:13 - Apr 16 with 2369 viewsstainrods_elbow

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 15:08 - Apr 16 by LongsufferingR

Well if his aim was to mobilise us against Lee Hoos, he's done a pretty sht job of it.

What would make you or anyone think that? I speak/write for myself, not to rally a blue and white army. If people agree, fine; if not, that's also fine.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 08:35 - Apr 17 with 2002 viewsNorthernr

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:07 - Apr 16 by stainrods_elbow

O god- how many more times!!!

Hoos has just made an oh so earnest statement on the Offish, which makes very explicit how much HE (that's Lee, Lee Hoos, the Hooster, our CEO) will be part of the decision-making re the new manager (and implicitly was the last time out, and before that, and . . .).

Is it wilful denial or something else that stops you and one or two others from grasping this, or is he perhaps paying you? Genuine question.

Apart from getting on everybody's tits by bringing Hoos up on every thread, this is where your point is falling down over and over and over again.

"(and implicitly was the last time out, and before that, and . . .). "

You've decided that because he's involved with the selection of the manager this time, or is certainly talking like he is, that he was involved with the selection of Holloway and McClaren. He wasn't. He just wasn't. Tony Fernandes has freely and regularly admitted they were his picks, in his book, on the podcast and elsewhere.

You may as well start coating off the woman that runs the box office or the bloke that runs the club shop for those appointments, because they had as much to do with it as Hoos.
Good piece on the offish from Mass on 08:58 - Apr 17 with 1985 viewstoboboly

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 08:35 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Apart from getting on everybody's tits by bringing Hoos up on every thread, this is where your point is falling down over and over and over again.

"(and implicitly was the last time out, and before that, and . . .). "

You've decided that because he's involved with the selection of the manager this time, or is certainly talking like he is, that he was involved with the selection of Holloway and McClaren. He wasn't. He just wasn't. Tony Fernandes has freely and regularly admitted they were his picks, in his book, on the podcast and elsewhere.

You may as well start coating off the woman that runs the box office or the bloke that runs the club shop for those appointments, because they had as much to do with it as Hoos.

Oh Christ....don't drag poor Connor into this!

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 10:20 - Apr 17 with 1904 viewsDorse

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 08:58 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Oh Christ....don't drag poor Connor into this!

Connor only has himself to blame. And Fat Sharon in accounts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 10:24 - Apr 17 with 1891 viewssimmo

Good piece on the offish from Mass on 19:03 - Apr 16 by stainrods_elbow

Says you (and no it wasn't). Further fuel for the fire that says you're the one obsessed with my (non-) obsession, say I!

Jogging on . . .

It's a shame that the enthusiasm the club 'beat out of you' didn't stretch as far as your willingness to talk shit or write letters.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024