Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... 12:01 - Apr 16 with 4743 viewsNov77

Hope Tony doesn’t get any ideas

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 12:44 - Apr 16 with 4640 viewsJuzzie

I thought Thompson was a Gooner?
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 13:12 - Apr 16 with 4551 viewsstainrods_elbow

I thought he did (player) manage the club? (Badly!)

I'm sure Martin Allen is one who could elaborate on his own story about Mr Francis.

Richard Thompson really was a tosser, though, who f*cked our club when we were right on the cusp of great things with Gerry Francis (when Gerry could manage).

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:17 - Apr 16 with 4366 viewspaulparker

Strange old time that was under Trev, Jim smith has gone and it was looking like we were getting peter shreeve ( he was caretaker for a League cup win over Wimbledon ) the team was looking jaded and then all of a sudden we had spackman , Reid , Andy Gray , sinton, Clarke , and we were started playing good football we beat Man Utd , spurs , and had a ding dong game against Wimbledon, the future was looking bright until in typical QPR fashion it goes t1ts up , Allen got the hump and went east , Gray was sold for no reason , and he also fell out with spackman who again was sold, Paul Wright was bought but was homesick and sold , and Peter Reid was homesick and went to Man City
Thank god for gentleman don Howe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 4351 viewsNov77

on the plus side, wasn't it Trev who persuaded Wilkins to join us?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:40 - Apr 16 with 4287 viewsthame_hoops

I remember a magical Trev hat-trick at the villa
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 with 4274 viewsNov77

He was a terrific player for us, although maybe the worst penalty taker we've had (Simon barker a close second)!

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 4241 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 by Nov77

He was a terrific player for us, although maybe the worst penalty taker we've had (Simon barker a close second)!

That stupid no run up thing he did , he fluffed one against Millwall at the den but my brain escapes me who the other one was he missed a week or two earlier

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 4242 viewsbob566

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 by Nov77

was this not the worst down at hq?

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:26 - Apr 16 with 3959 viewsbosh67

Trev was amazing for us and particularly good at going down in a crumpled heap around the penalty area and getting dangerous freekicks that we often scored from. He wasn't the best manage or the worst.

On Richard Thompson I haven't heard that story but I did hear a story from a very close friend of his that doesn't put our Gerry in the greatest of lights if it was at all true.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:52 - Apr 16 with 3904 viewsdaveB

I never really understood the stick he got over Martin Allen, I thought he had a point about him leaving without telling anyone after the club had arranged to get him home if needed.

He was a really good player, not really with us long enough as a manager but team he helped ut together is still one of the best i've ever seen in that 89/90 season
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 21:08 - Apr 16 with 3849 viewsCiderwithRsie

It was weird how it all went pear-shaped over the summer. That end-of-season when he was first in charge was just magical.

I'd come of age with teams of youth products - Allen, Goddard, Waddock and so on - and being young thought anyone over 25 was half way to the knackers's yard; then suddenly there was Tricky Trev, Ray Wilkins and Peter Reid looking different class [(c) John Eustace] all over the pitch.

Wasn't there a story in the sub-Standard that we were in for Gary Lineker (who was just leaving Barcelona) that summer?
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 01:34 - Apr 17 with 3631 viewsstainrods_elbow

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:52 - Apr 16 by daveB

I never really understood the stick he got over Martin Allen, I thought he had a point about him leaving without telling anyone after the club had arranged to get him home if needed.

He was a really good player, not really with us long enough as a manager but team he helped ut together is still one of the best i've ever seen in that 89/90 season

http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/2531

Here's Martin Allen's take on the episode - he told Peter Shreeves, apparently, who either didn't tell Francis, or did, and Francis thought he'd fine him anyway (Allen, not Shreeves).

Franis had his moments for us as a player, but I didn't like him as a manager - partly on the perhaps irrational basis of his ridiculously close resemblance to the unfunny Brummie comedian, Jasper Carrott!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 06:16 - Apr 17 with 3568 viewstimcocking

If i ever buy the team, i'll be bringing myself on...
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 3389 viewsBluce_Ree

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:40 - Apr 16 by thame_hoops

I remember a magical Trev hat-trick at the villa

That looping shot for the third. Magical is right.

Quality player.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 14:20 - Apr 17 with 3311 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not so clever Trevor

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:36 - Apr 17 with 3175 viewsrimitasi

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 21:08 - Apr 16 by CiderwithRsie

It was weird how it all went pear-shaped over the summer. That end-of-season when he was first in charge was just magical.

I'd come of age with teams of youth products - Allen, Goddard, Waddock and so on - and being young thought anyone over 25 was half way to the knackers's yard; then suddenly there was Tricky Trev, Ray Wilkins and Peter Reid looking different class [(c) John Eustace] all over the pitch.

Wasn't there a story in the sub-Standard that we were in for Gary Lineker (who was just leaving Barcelona) that summer?

the future was looking bright until in typical QPR fashion it goes t1ts up , Allen got the hump and went east , https://filezilla.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/ Gray was sold for no reason , and he also fell out with spackman who again was sold, Paul Wright was bought but was homesick and sold , and Peter Reid was homesick and went to Man City
Thank god for gentleman don Howe
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 16:45 - Apr 18 with 2911 viewsnina30

I haven't heard that story but I did hear a story from a very close friend of his that doesn't put our Gerry in the greatest of lights if it was at all true. https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 20:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024