Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... 12:01 - Apr 16 with 4721 viewsNov77

Hope Tony doesn’t get any ideas

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 12:44 - Apr 16 with 4618 viewsJuzzie

I thought Thompson was a Gooner?
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 13:12 - Apr 16 with 4529 viewsstainrods_elbow

I thought he did (player) manage the club? (Badly!)

I'm sure Martin Allen is one who could elaborate on his own story about Mr Francis.

Richard Thompson really was a tosser, though, who f*cked our club when we were right on the cusp of great things with Gerry Francis (when Gerry could manage).

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:17 - Apr 16 with 4344 viewspaulparker

Strange old time that was under Trev, Jim smith has gone and it was looking like we were getting peter shreeve ( he was caretaker for a League cup win over Wimbledon ) the team was looking jaded and then all of a sudden we had spackman , Reid , Andy Gray , sinton, Clarke , and we were started playing good football we beat Man Utd , spurs , and had a ding dong game against Wimbledon, the future was looking bright until in typical QPR fashion it goes t1ts up , Allen got the hump and went east , Gray was sold for no reason , and he also fell out with spackman who again was sold, Paul Wright was bought but was homesick and sold , and Peter Reid was homesick and went to Man City
Thank god for gentleman don Howe

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:21 - Apr 16 with 4329 viewsNov77

on the plus side, wasn't it Trev who persuaded Wilkins to join us?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:40 - Apr 16 with 4265 viewsthame_hoops

I remember a magical Trev hat-trick at the villa
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 with 4252 viewsNov77

He was a terrific player for us, although maybe the worst penalty taker we've had (Simon barker a close second)!

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:58 - Apr 16 with 4219 viewspaulparker

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 by Nov77

He was a terrific player for us, although maybe the worst penalty taker we've had (Simon barker a close second)!

That stupid no run up thing he did , he fluffed one against Millwall at the den but my brain escapes me who the other one was he missed a week or two earlier

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:59 - Apr 16 with 4220 viewsbob566

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:43 - Apr 16 by Nov77

was this not the worst down at hq?

Login to get fewer ads

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:26 - Apr 16 with 3937 viewsbosh67

Trev was amazing for us and particularly good at going down in a crumpled heap around the penalty area and getting dangerous freekicks that we often scored from. He wasn't the best manage or the worst.

On Richard Thompson I haven't heard that story but I did hear a story from a very close friend of his that doesn't put our Gerry in the greatest of lights if it was at all true.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:52 - Apr 16 with 3882 viewsdaveB

I never really understood the stick he got over Martin Allen, I thought he had a point about him leaving without telling anyone after the club had arranged to get him home if needed.

He was a really good player, not really with us long enough as a manager but team he helped ut together is still one of the best i've ever seen in that 89/90 season
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 21:08 - Apr 16 with 3827 viewsCiderwithRsie

It was weird how it all went pear-shaped over the summer. That end-of-season when he was first in charge was just magical.

I'd come of age with teams of youth products - Allen, Goddard, Waddock and so on - and being young thought anyone over 25 was half way to the knackers's yard; then suddenly there was Tricky Trev, Ray Wilkins and Peter Reid looking different class [(c) John Eustace] all over the pitch.

Wasn't there a story in the sub-Standard that we were in for Gary Lineker (who was just leaving Barcelona) that summer?
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 01:34 - Apr 17 with 3609 viewsstainrods_elbow

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:52 - Apr 16 by daveB

I never really understood the stick he got over Martin Allen, I thought he had a point about him leaving without telling anyone after the club had arranged to get him home if needed.

He was a really good player, not really with us long enough as a manager but team he helped ut together is still one of the best i've ever seen in that 89/90 season

http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/2531

Here's Martin Allen's take on the episode - he told Peter Shreeves, apparently, who either didn't tell Francis, or did, and Francis thought he'd fine him anyway (Allen, not Shreeves).

Franis had his moments for us as a player, but I didn't like him as a manager - partly on the perhaps irrational basis of his ridiculously close resemblance to the unfunny Brummie comedian, Jasper Carrott!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 06:16 - Apr 17 with 3546 viewstimcocking

If i ever buy the team, i'll be bringing myself on...
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 3367 viewsBluce_Ree

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 15:40 - Apr 16 by thame_hoops

I remember a magical Trev hat-trick at the villa

That looping shot for the third. Magical is right.

Quality player.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 14:20 - Apr 17 with 3289 views2Thomas2Bowles

Not so clever Trevor

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 20:36 - Apr 17 with 3153 viewsrimitasi

Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 21:08 - Apr 16 by CiderwithRsie

It was weird how it all went pear-shaped over the summer. That end-of-season when he was first in charge was just magical.

I'd come of age with teams of youth products - Allen, Goddard, Waddock and so on - and being young thought anyone over 25 was half way to the knackers's yard; then suddenly there was Tricky Trev, Ray Wilkins and Peter Reid looking different class [(c) John Eustace] all over the pitch.

Wasn't there a story in the sub-Standard that we were in for Gary Lineker (who was just leaving Barcelona) that summer?

the future was looking bright until in typical QPR fashion it goes t1ts up , Allen got the hump and went east , https://filezilla.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/ Gray was sold for no reason , and he also fell out with spackman who again was sold, Paul Wright was bought but was homesick and sold , and Peter Reid was homesick and went to Man City
Thank god for gentleman don Howe
Trevor Francis with a story about Richard Thompson..... on 16:45 - Apr 18 with 2889 viewsnina30

I haven't heard that story but I did hear a story from a very close friend of his that doesn't put our Gerry in the greatest of lights if it was at all true. https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 20:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024