Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Houghton available soon? 21:33 - Apr 16 with 2995 viewsPikey

Maybe we should wait b4 announcing new manager as Chris Houghton may soon become available
Chris Houghton available soon? on 21:36 - Apr 16 with 2977 viewscolinallcars

He won't come here
Chris Houghton available soon? on 21:53 - Apr 16 with 2917 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

As likely as Chris Akubusi taking over
Chris Houghton available soon? on 22:04 - Apr 16 with 2852 viewsstevec

0-5 bournemouth, 0-2 Cardiff, think I’d rather take Chris Akabusi
Chris Houghton available soon? on 23:42 - Apr 16 with 2634 viewsA40Bosh

Chris Houghton available soon? on 22:04 - Apr 16 by stevec

0-5 bournemouth, 0-2 Cardiff, think I’d rather take Chris Akabusi

Really?

Have you checked just a little bit further back in his management career before making that assessment?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Chris Houghton available soon? on 09:20 - Apr 17 with 2325 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fine manager. Can't see us getting him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chris Houghton available soon? on 09:49 - Apr 17 with 2249 viewsstevec

Chris Houghton available soon? on 23:42 - Apr 16 by A40Bosh

Really?

Have you checked just a little bit further back in his management career before making that assessment?

I have a strict policy of judging a manager only on his last two home performances.

Brighton seemed a progressive club but it's baffling why Houghton is still relying on old man Murray for goals from their Championship days. A good forward for sure but to keep flogging the same horse in hope of a better future seems lazy.

Bit like us, if they survive it'll be solely down to 3 dreadful sides below them rather than Houghton's managerial abilities.
Chris Houghton available soon? on 10:27 - Apr 17 with 2168 viewsJJB

Chris Houghton available soon? on 09:49 - Apr 17 by stevec

I have a strict policy of judging a manager only on his last two home performances.

Brighton seemed a progressive club but it's baffling why Houghton is still relying on old man Murray for goals from their Championship days. A good forward for sure but to keep flogging the same horse in hope of a better future seems lazy.

Bit like us, if they survive it'll be solely down to 3 dreadful sides below them rather than Houghton's managerial abilities.

Well I am only going to judge you by your last post then if that's your thinking.

Hughton has done a brilliant job at the clubs he has gone to including promotions at Newcastle and Brighton and keeping Norwich up. There would be a stack of clubs waiting to take him on and we could only dream of getting a manager of this standard.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 12:17]

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Chris Houghton available soon? on 10:36 - Apr 17 with 2127 viewsMytch_QPR

At the risk of seeming pedantic, it's Hughton. Agreed, he's very unlikely to come here in any event.
However, on a wider point, it does seem to make sense to wait until the season has finished as there may be some good managers who are pushed or decide to leave their current jobs and this may widen the options for us - I'm thinking of Jackett in particular, subject to where Portsmouth.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Houghton available soon? on 11:19 - Apr 17 with 2046 viewsrsonist

Chris Houghton available soon? on 09:49 - Apr 17 by stevec

There's obviously some kind of disconnection between Hughton and the rest of the set-up - there's £70m of under-the-radar, stats-scouted signings he pretty much ignores.

Given their aspirations and the huge investment in the club infrastructure (now top-class, with Dan Ashworth on the way) it seems he's taken them as far as he can with his style of play, even before this woeful current run of form. He wore thin at Norwich too.

The only reason I can fathom he'd consider taking us on is the Spurs connection with Les and Chris - and even then what he's good at may not suit the development brief.

I'd expect him to end up at West Brom, perfect fit there. (In fact I had to double check he hadn't done it already).
Chris Houghton available soon? on 12:19 - Apr 17 with 1975 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Would love to see him at the club. Sadly certain members of our fan group would say one thing and one thing only. Also he is the sort of manager you would want to get in and give him some time. That will never happen
Chris Houghton available soon? on 13:47 - Apr 17 with 1800 viewspaulparker

Chris Houghton available soon? on 12:19 - Apr 17 by BlueandWhiteRiot

Would love to see him at the club. Sadly certain members of our fan group would say one thing and one thing only. Also he is the sort of manager you would want to get in and give him some time. That will never happen

I wouldn’t , his teams are boring as fcuk he is worse than Pulis

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chris Houghton available soon? on 14:28 - Apr 17 with 1722 viewsSimonJames

NW might be free at the end of the season.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Chris Houghton available soon? on 14:34 - Apr 17 with 1701 viewsbrad

i would love to see him at our club......he do a great job....i think we should wait till the end of the season to get some one........like hughton if they would come
Chris Houghton available soon? on 14:34 - Apr 17 with 1701 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Houghton available soon? on 13:47 - Apr 17 by paulparker

I wouldn’t , his teams are boring as fcuk he is worse than Pulis

his brighton side that went up was great wasn't it?
bit more dour in the prem, i agree.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024