Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus road naming rights 15:24 - Apr 17 with 13704 viewsHayesender

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-to-gift-loftus-road-naming-rights-to-lo

A good idea, or just softening us up for when they sell the naming rights?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loftus road naming rights on 15:31 - Apr 17 with 8584 viewsBuckR

Whilst a generous idea and very nice. In a time when we are being held up by the boll#cks by FFP, why are we doing this and not receiving a penny for it? Just seems daft
Loftus road naming rights on 15:31 - Apr 17 with 8576 viewsrobith

Excellent PR stunt. Categorically no one is looking at paying for naming rights of our ground, so give it to a charity and look good.
Loftus road naming rights on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 8572 viewsconnell10

The Grenfell Foundation .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Loftus road naming rights on 15:32 - Apr 17 with 8572 viewsMaggsinho

Loftus road naming rights on 15:31 - Apr 17 by BuckR

Whilst a generous idea and very nice. In a time when we are being held up by the boll#cks by FFP, why are we doing this and not receiving a penny for it? Just seems daft

Suspect it's a move to improve our standing with the council - hence the stress on a local charity.
Loftus road naming rights on 15:36 - Apr 17 with 8530 viewszicoshoops

I always thought that we were the local charity.

May I humbly suggest.....

The What's going on......We should be told.....Sort it out Stadium.
Loftus road naming rights on 15:42 - Apr 17 with 8473 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good idea.

Great idea, in fact.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus road naming rights on 15:44 - Apr 17 with 8448 viewsBAWHoops

It's a PR move

Whilst Derby are selling their ground to their owner to circumnavigate FFP, saintly QPR are calling theirs 'The Grenfell Foundation Stadium'.
Puts pressure on FA to punish those cheating at FFP
Shows the council how intrinsically linked to the borough we are.

Win win

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Loftus road naming rights on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 8409 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bloody faux-matey 'i care about the fans' Hoos showing his true colours yet again with this evil scheme.

Great idea Rangers, well done again. The Community side of the club has probably never been stronger and knocks most other clubs into a cocked hat. Something to be proud of.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Loftus road naming rights on 15:48 - Apr 17 with 8406 viewsconnell10

Loftus road naming rights on 15:44 - Apr 17 by BAWHoops

It's a PR move

Whilst Derby are selling their ground to their owner to circumnavigate FFP, saintly QPR are calling theirs 'The Grenfell Foundation Stadium'.

Win win

Also the charity gets good publicty . Win, win ,win!

Loftus road naming rights on 15:49 - Apr 17 with 8396 viewsBuckR

Loftus road naming rights on 15:47 - Apr 17 by Antti_Heinola

Bloody faux-matey 'i care about the fans' Hoos showing his true colours yet again with this evil scheme.

Great idea Rangers, well done again. The Community side of the club has probably never been stronger and knocks most other clubs into a cocked hat. Something to be proud of.

Whilst that's great, can we be a half decent team again at the same time?
Loftus road naming rights on 15:51 - Apr 17 with 8385 viewsconnell10

Shepherds Bush Families Project.

Loftus road naming rights on 15:52 - Apr 17 with 8382 viewsjoolsyp

Loftus road naming rights on 15:44 - Apr 17 by BAWHoops

It's a PR move

Win win

Charity Park Rangers?
Loftus road naming rights on 16:06 - Apr 17 with 8269 viewsmakaveli1882

Don't like it, don't understand it, don't see the point of it.
Loftus road naming rights on 16:11 - Apr 17 with 8228 viewsAntti_Heinola

Loftus road naming rights on 16:06 - Apr 17 by makaveli1882

engagement with the community, helping others, showing fans the club cares about more than just football, and as others have said, good PR generally. All seem fairly decent reasons that don't hurt you or anyone else?

Bare bones.

Loftus road naming rights on 16:34 - Apr 17 with 8125 viewsngbqpr

Delighted to see a generally positive response on here, having just come off Facebook where the club is getting slaughtered for it.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Loftus road naming rights on 16:36 - Apr 17 with 8114 viewsmakaveli1882

Loftus road naming rights on 16:11 - Apr 17 by Antti_Heinola

engagement with the community, helping others, showing fans the club cares about more than just football, and as others have said, good PR generally. All seem fairly decent reasons that don't hurt you or anyone else?

Never said it hurt me I just prefer our ground to be called Loftus Road as it is what I have grown up with it.

I wouldn't like it if we sold the naming rights for money either, which we could do with!

And I am all for the community and showing how much the Club cares, I think the club and fans have proved that a lot after the last few years, will always be Loftus Road to me.

Anyway front runner is The Kiyan Prince Foundation
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 16:37]
Loftus road naming rights on 16:42 - Apr 17 with 8071 viewsNorthernr

Loftus road naming rights on 16:06 - Apr 17 by makaveli1882

Well, firstly, it's a nice thing to do, will hopefully make a difference to a smaller local charity that lacks exposure.

Secondly, it's a PR move on two fronts...

1 - Looks good in the ongoing back and forth with the council. QPR being a good local citizen yet again, you really need to help us stay in your borough and continue to do all this great stuff.
2 - Looks good in the ongoing FFP nonsense. You've got Derby basically cheating, flogging their ground to their own chairman at a huge mark up to "stay within the rules", while here's lovely little QPR naming theirs after a charity for free. Adds to the pressure being brought by Steve Gibson up at Middlesbrough for the league to get serious with clubs that are breaking/ignoring the rules while there are other clubs trying to abide by them and do the right thing elsewhere.

Thirdly, might be a bit of a sales pitch/soft launch for future sale of naming rights.
I think the general opinion ATM, as said further up, is that nobody wants to buy the naming rights to the ground for any serious amount of money, but maybe that would change if they see they are actually up for grabs, and once you've changed the name of the ground once it smooths the way to change it again in the future, particularly if you pitch it as "well we've got to milk every penny out of every asset because of dratted FFP".

Fourthly, everybody's going to call it Loftus Road still anyway aren't they? Chance to do 1, 2, and 3 above without causing too much of a problem. Think when I started going in the early 1990s it was officially called "Rangers Stadium", but nobody called it that.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Loftus road naming rights on 16:42 - Apr 17 with 8065 viewsNorthernr

Loftus road naming rights on 16:34 - Apr 17 by ngbqpr

Delighted to see a generally positive response on here, having just come off Facebook where the club is getting slaughtered for it.

Shock.
Loftus road naming rights on 16:43 - Apr 17 with 8058 viewsJordanFoster

With the club in such a financial mess, I would have much rather they sold the naming rights off.

From a PR perspective I get it and see why it makes sense, just doesn't sit right we are going to rename our historic ground for brownie points to help push through the owners projects.
Loftus road naming rights on 16:49 - Apr 17 with 8018 viewsloftboy

Anyone remember when LR was renamed “the Rangers stadium” or am I just imagining it?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Loftus road naming rights on 16:54 - Apr 17 with 7986 viewsNorthernr

The Crisis Arena.

Right, that's that sorted, what's next?
Loftus road naming rights on 16:58 - Apr 17 with 7955 viewsPunteR

Bit odd. At least they're asking the fans before they go ahead and do it i suppose. I like the name Loftus Road.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Loftus road naming rights on 17:01 - Apr 17 with 7931 viewsmakaveli1882

Loftus road naming rights on 16:42 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Well, firstly, it's a nice thing to do, will hopefully make a difference to a smaller local charity that lacks exposure.

Secondly, it's a PR move on two fronts...

1 - Looks good in the ongoing back and forth with the council. QPR being a good local citizen yet again, you really need to help us stay in your borough and continue to do all this great stuff.
2 - Looks good in the ongoing FFP nonsense. You've got Derby basically cheating, flogging their ground to their own chairman at a huge mark up to "stay within the rules", while here's lovely little QPR naming theirs after a charity for free. Adds to the pressure being brought by Steve Gibson up at Middlesbrough for the league to get serious with clubs that are breaking/ignoring the rules while there are other clubs trying to abide by them and do the right thing elsewhere.

Thirdly, might be a bit of a sales pitch/soft launch for future sale of naming rights.
I think the general opinion ATM, as said further up, is that nobody wants to buy the naming rights to the ground for any serious amount of money, but maybe that would change if they see they are actually up for grabs, and once you've changed the name of the ground once it smooths the way to change it again in the future, particularly if you pitch it as "well we've got to milk every penny out of every asset because of dratted FFP".

Fourthly, everybody's going to call it Loftus Road still anyway aren't they? Chance to do 1, 2, and 3 above without causing too much of a problem. Think when I started going in the early 1990s it was officially called "Rangers Stadium", but nobody called it that.

This post has been edited by an administrator

In regards to number 1 Clive, do you think this what H&F meant by the last paragraph?

Responding to the publication of Queens Park Rangers’ economic impact report, the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham issued the following statement:

“QPR’s proposals are less about keeping football in the borough — and much more about them playing property developer in White City.

“The Council is a trustee of the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust. And as a trustee we can’t just give away over one hundred million pounds worth of land to QPR’s multi-millionaire owners. Linford Christie Stadium is a vital community asset in an open green space. We want to protect and enhance its use for the environment, athletics, recreation and the long-term benefit of all our residents. We will consult residents early next year about how we can best achieve this.

"The Council is very proud to have QPR in our borough and has long made it clear to their owners and executive team that we will go out of our way to help QPR improve their current stadium or will work with them to look at other alternatives. However, we cannot just give away land for free or hand land to QPR’s owners well below its potential value — and just because QPR’s owners have decided to campaign for the council to do that. We believe QPR deserves to be invested in and call on its owners to do just that.

"We’d be interested in discussing with QPR’s owners the idea that they give up some ownership of the club to ensure the community and QPR’s fans have a greater voice in the club’s future."
Loftus road naming rights on 17:09 - Apr 17 with 7891 viewsNorthernr

Loftus road naming rights on 17:01 - Apr 17 by makaveli1882

In regards to number 1 Clive, do you think this what H&F meant by the last paragraph?

Responding to the publication of Queens Park Rangers’ economic impact report, the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham issued the following statement:

“QPR’s proposals are less about keeping football in the borough — and much more about them playing property developer in White City.

“The Council is a trustee of the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust. And as a trustee we can’t just give away over one hundred million pounds worth of land to QPR’s multi-millionaire owners. Linford Christie Stadium is a vital community asset in an open green space. We want to protect and enhance its use for the environment, athletics, recreation and the long-term benefit of all our residents. We will consult residents early next year about how we can best achieve this.

"The Council is very proud to have QPR in our borough and has long made it clear to their owners and executive team that we will go out of our way to help QPR improve their current stadium or will work with them to look at other alternatives. However, we cannot just give away land for free or hand land to QPR’s owners well below its potential value — and just because QPR’s owners have decided to campaign for the council to do that. We believe QPR deserves to be invested in and call on its owners to do just that.

"We’d be interested in discussing with QPR’s owners the idea that they give up some ownership of the club to ensure the community and QPR’s fans have a greater voice in the club’s future."

No I think the Labour Council are responding to something I believe was in the Labour election manifesto (baz will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) which says they are pushing for fan ownership of clubs, or at least stakes in clubs. I also think the council are wary of QPR's owners pocketing all the dosh from the development of Loftus Road after getting a bit of public land down the road for free/at a discount. Not sure this does anything to help either of those stand points, but it does re-assert the club's point that we're valuable to the local area and should be helped to stay here.

I'm not sure what to think about it mate TBH, it's a thorny one that you have to tread carefully with. I'm on the fence really, just about on the side of 'why not?' depending which charity gets picked because it could make a big difference to them and I'm just going to call it Loftus Road anyway. But, yeh, odd one.
Loftus road naming rights on 17:13 - Apr 17 with 7861 viewsmakaveli1882

Loftus road naming rights on 17:09 - Apr 17 by Northernr

No I think the Labour Council are responding to something I believe was in the Labour election manifesto (baz will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong) which says they are pushing for fan ownership of clubs, or at least stakes in clubs. I also think the council are wary of QPR's owners pocketing all the dosh from the development of Loftus Road after getting a bit of public land down the road for free/at a discount. Not sure this does anything to help either of those stand points, but it does re-assert the club's point that we're valuable to the local area and should be helped to stay here.

I'm not sure what to think about it mate TBH, it's a thorny one that you have to tread carefully with. I'm on the fence really, just about on the side of 'why not?' depending which charity gets picked because it could make a big difference to them and I'm just going to call it Loftus Road anyway. But, yeh, odd one.

Yeah bit of an odd situation this one, like I said earlier thing we would all be happy if helped a chairty just find it all a bit strange.

Has anyone even got a list of charity names we can choose?

Thanks for the response mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024