Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus road naming rights 15:24 - Apr 17 with 13772 viewsHayesender

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-to-gift-loftus-road-naming-rights-to-lo

A good idea, or just softening us up for when they sell the naming rights?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Loftus road naming rights on 17:24 - Apr 17 with 2484 viewsNorthernr

Loftus road naming rights on 17:13 - Apr 17 by makaveli1882

Yeah bit of an odd situation this one, like I said earlier thing we would all be happy if helped a chairty just find it all a bit strange.

Has anyone even got a list of charity names we can choose?

Thanks for the response mate.

They're asking people to email them suggestions via the official site but would expect things like The Kiyan Prince Trust and things like that feature on a final list which we can vote on. They've asked for it to be specifically a local thing.
Loftus road naming rights on 17:46 - Apr 17 with 2425 viewsonlyrinmoray

I often call it the "Theatre of Nightmares" especially after walking out after the
Newcastle 6-0 game
Loftus road naming rights on 17:48 - Apr 17 with 2410 viewstoboboly

Would prefer it to stay as Loftus Road myself.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Loftus road naming rights on 17:49 - Apr 17 with 2409 viewsBuckR

Loftus road naming rights on 17:48 - Apr 17 by toboboly

Set up a new local charity called 'Loftus Road'?
Loftus road naming rights on 17:52 - Apr 17 with 2402 viewsNortholt_Rs

Loftus road naming rights on 17:24 - Apr 17 by Northernr

They're asking people to email them suggestions via the official site but would expect things like The Kiyan Prince Trust and things like that feature on a final list which we can vote on. They've asked for it to be specifically a local thing.

That’s a great call - The Kiyan Prince Trust Stadium. Gets my vote.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Loftus road naming rights on 17:55 - Apr 17 with 2387 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus road naming rights on 17:52 - Apr 17 by Northolt_Rs

That’s a great call - The Kiyan Prince Trust Stadium. Gets my vote.

Good call.

I've already voted for support4grenfell, myself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus road naming rights on 18:00 - Apr 17 with 2369 viewsAntti_Heinola

Loftus road naming rights on 17:48 - Apr 17 by toboboly

i reckon no one'll mind if you still call it loftus road. I don't think anyone's being banned from calling it loftus road. Loftus Road will still be there, and it'll still be on Loftus Road.

Bare bones.

Loftus road naming rights on 18:00 - Apr 17 with 2369 viewsessextaxiboy

The Tiger Cub Stadium ...
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus road naming rights on 18:12 - Apr 17 with 2340 viewsGloucs_R

I'm sure ellerslie Road stand has been renamed several times but will still always be called the Ellerslie Road stand by us 🙄

Poll: Are we staying up?

Loftus road naming rights on 20:33 - Apr 17 with 2167 viewsbosh67

I've gone for DSActive which encourages sports for kids with Down Syndrome. Our Tiger Cubs lead the way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Loftus road naming rights on 20:46 - Apr 17 with 2151 viewsChurchie

Great idea but why not call it the charity name with Loftus road in it too.
Like, The Loftus Road Whatever Charity Stadium.

Everyones Happy (Unlikely)
Loftus road naming rights on 21:04 - Apr 17 with 2108 viewsstowmarketrange

The tampax arena for the bad periods we go through.
Loftus road naming rights on 21:18 - Apr 17 with 2081 viewsJacksDad

Loftus road naming rights on 21:04 - Apr 17 by stowmarketrange

The tampax arena for the bad periods we go through.

My wife just said The Durex Arena ... because it will be full of dicks and it will make it very hard to come!
Loftus road naming rights on 23:20 - Apr 17 with 1899 viewsFDC

Quite surprised by how chilled everyone seems to be about this to be honest, especially if it's all about politics with the council as has been suggested.
Loftus road naming rights on 23:25 - Apr 17 with 1888 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Loftus road naming rights on 23:20 - Apr 17 by FDC

Quite surprised by how chilled everyone seems to be about this to be honest, especially if it's all about politics with the council as has been suggested.

What should I be upset about?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Loftus road naming rights on 23:29 - Apr 17 with 1875 viewsridethewave

I don’t want our stadium being called anything other than Loftus Road. It’s an historic name with great significance to the fans, and Charity or not, will lose some of the appeal if the name is changed.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 23:31]
Loftus road naming rights on 23:40 - Apr 17 with 1853 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Don't know much about them but how about these?

https://www.shepherdsbushfamiliesproject.org/

The Shepherds Bush Families Stadium has a nice ring to it.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Loftus road naming rights on 23:50 - Apr 17 with 1832 viewsnadera78

On the surface of it I like this idea. It could do some real good for a local charity. But the cynic in me wonders if this is being done to get us used to calling it something other than Loftus Rd, to soften us up for a stadium sponsorship 2 or 3 years done the line. It's what Barcelona did when introducing shirt sponsorship.

Very cynical, I know.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 23:50]
Loftus road naming rights on 00:35 - Apr 18 with 1781 viewsisawqpratwcity

Bloody marvellous idea.

I don't care if it is softening us up for commercial naming rights, with FFP we need every penny we can get. Meanwhile some local charities can get some publicity out of it. It couldn't be better.

I'd think Grenfell would have to be the first choice, even if it is in North Ken.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Loftus road naming rights on 01:27 - Apr 18 with 1735 viewstimcocking

I guess i'm old fashioned, but for me, it's a shame they're changing the name. I'd have held things such as this as sacrosanct if it was my choice. Modern life i suppose, just yet another example of something i see differently to most people (waits to be abused).

I assume we all saw the pieces yesterday congratulating QPR on allegedly making their/our 1000th community appearance of the season when Bidwell and Lynch or whomever turned up for some community event? That's a remarkably good effort. Well done Lee Hoos et al.

Ps I assume/hope most of you are sufficiently educated nowadays to understand that whilst many charities are genuine and well intentioned, loads are very bad in all manner of ways (waits to be abused again by people not possessing sufficient knowledge of the subject like usual)? Educate yourselves before shooting the messenger. If you disagree, i'd suggest you're ill-informed and ignorant of the realities. Paul Theroux always good, Dark Star Safari springs to mind, might help enlighten people. So make it a good one.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 1:29]
Loftus road naming rights on 08:47 - Apr 18 with 1609 viewsFDC

Loftus road naming rights on 23:25 - Apr 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

What should I be upset about?

I'm not saying anyone *should* be upset necessarily, just that I'm surprised people aren't. This kind of stuff is important to a club's identity, and we all get very upset when the owners start messing with the badge, if the hoops aren't the correct width, if the blue isn't the correct blue etc. And I guess the suggestion that they are presenting this as a charitable act but secretly hoping it will play well with their plans for a new stadium etc., and also that in 12 months it will the Air Asia Stadium or whatever... I don't know, I'm surprised at the lack of pitch forks.

Like others have said, everyone will still call it Loftus Road so maybe it doesn't matter.
Loftus road naming rights on 09:08 - Apr 18 with 1580 viewsterryb

Loftus road naming rights on 08:47 - Apr 18 by FDC

I'm not saying anyone *should* be upset necessarily, just that I'm surprised people aren't. This kind of stuff is important to a club's identity, and we all get very upset when the owners start messing with the badge, if the hoops aren't the correct width, if the blue isn't the correct blue etc. And I guess the suggestion that they are presenting this as a charitable act but secretly hoping it will play well with their plans for a new stadium etc., and also that in 12 months it will the Air Asia Stadium or whatever... I don't know, I'm surprised at the lack of pitch forks.

Like others have said, everyone will still call it Loftus Road so maybe it doesn't matter.

I will still say "i'm going down The Bush" or "I'm going down the Rangers" as I have since the '60's.

I really don't care if Geoff Stelling etc say they're off for a report from the ****** ***** Stadium rather than from Loftus Road. We will only know it as Loftus Road, the same as Tottenham fans will still say they play at White Hart Lane.

A bit off track, but why is it Loftus Road rather than South Africa Road, which is where the offices are? Or Ellerslie Road where the offices previously were?
Loftus road naming rights on 09:12 - Apr 18 with 1570 viewsFDC

Loftus road naming rights on 09:08 - Apr 18 by terryb

I will still say "i'm going down The Bush" or "I'm going down the Rangers" as I have since the '60's.

I really don't care if Geoff Stelling etc say they're off for a report from the ****** ***** Stadium rather than from Loftus Road. We will only know it as Loftus Road, the same as Tottenham fans will still say they play at White Hart Lane.

A bit off track, but why is it Loftus Road rather than South Africa Road, which is where the offices are? Or Ellerslie Road where the offices previously were?

Why would Geoff Stelling be so foul-mouthed about Rangers?

Oh I see what you're saying

</dad-joke>
Loftus road naming rights on 09:14 - Apr 18 with 1566 viewsflynnbo

Loftus road naming rights on 09:08 - Apr 18 by terryb

I did read that the offices and changing rooms were in the Ellerslie Road many moons ago.
Loftus road naming rights on 09:31 - Apr 18 with 1523 viewshopphoops

Loftus road naming rights on 23:40 - Apr 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Don't know much about them but how about these?

https://www.shepherdsbushfamiliesproject.org/

The Shepherds Bush Families Stadium has a nice ring to it.

https://www.wormwoodscrubsponycentre.org/

has a certain ring to it...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024