Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man C v Spuds 20:14 - Apr 17 with 6068 views2Thomas2Bowles

2-2 after 11 mins

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Man C v Spuds on 22:54 - Apr 17 with 2199 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Man C v Spuds on 22:12 - Apr 17 by actonman

City fans at the end looked like they just got relegated to the conference ffs , can’t really feel sorry for them I’m afraid

Did you not watch the final moments of the game?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Man C v Spuds on 23:01 - Apr 17 with 2172 views2Thomas2Bowles

Man C v Spuds on 22:39 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Spurs last goal was a handball, albeit unintentional - isn't that still a free out?

Also, surely Sterling's last goal can't have been offside as there was no forward 'pass'?

Thoughts, folks.

Have another look

https://sport.bt.com/video/var-drama-were-the-key-decisions-correct-913643560590

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Man C v Spuds on 23:11 - Apr 17 with 2123 viewsJigsore

I usually don't really give a toss about the Championship League but there's been some great match ups other than The usual suspects and some even better matches this season. That was insane.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Man C v Spuds on 23:13 - Apr 17 with 2114 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Man C v Spuds on 23:01 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Have another look

https://sport.bt.com/video/var-drama-were-the-key-decisions-correct-913643560590

Not a handball for the Spurs goal for me. Looks marginally offside on the replay for the City goal. Bearing in mind I've no inkling of what the offside rule is.

*Edit - Or the handball rule for that matter.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2019 23:21]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Man C v Spuds on 23:47 - Apr 17 with 2014 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man C v Spuds on 22:39 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Spurs last goal was a handball, albeit unintentional - isn't that still a free out?

Also, surely Sterling's last goal can't have been offside as there was no forward 'pass'?

Thoughts, folks.

Never a handball and Aguero was offside when the bal,was played to him....and I’m right because the ref agreed with me!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Man C v Spuds on 00:56 - Apr 18 with 1941 viewsstowmarketrange

Man C v Spuds on 23:47 - Apr 17 by Northolt_Rs

Never a handball and Aguero was offside when the bal,was played to him....and I’m right because the ref agreed with me!

How do you explain the muscle movement in his arm if the ball didn’t hit it first?It was the ball hitting his arm first that stopped the ball and allowed it to hit his hip,which then travelled towards the goal.
I’m surprised that the ref didn’t disallow it if he saw the same close up HD pictures as we were shown.
Man C v Spuds on 01:36 - Apr 18 with 1910 viewsbob566

Man C v Spuds on 00:56 - Apr 18 by stowmarketrange

How do you explain the muscle movement in his arm if the ball didn’t hit it first?It was the ball hitting his arm first that stopped the ball and allowed it to hit his hip,which then travelled towards the goal.
I’m surprised that the ref didn’t disallow it if he saw the same close up HD pictures as we were shown.

These decisions are too contentious. Footballing bodies need to say handball is handball. If it hits a hand then tough sttt. If its a defender penalty every time. Attacker like tonight then no goal. No imbetween
Man C v Spuds on 07:28 - Apr 18 with 1784 viewsloftboy

Man C v Spuds on 01:36 - Apr 18 by bob566

These decisions are too contentious. Footballing bodies need to say handball is handball. If it hits a hand then tough sttt. If its a defender penalty every time. Attacker like tonight then no goal. No imbetween

You’ll end up with a farcical situation of strikers deliberately trying to chip the ball up to a defenders arm.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Man C v Spuds on 07:46 - Apr 18 with 1767 viewsozranger

VAR had an interesting night last night. The first goal of the Liverpool game was thanks to VAR. All the players, from both sides were quite happy to accept that Mane was offside following the ball from Salah. Then the VAR said, let's check and that led to a bit of a delay. Out of the blue, it showed that in fact Mane was a good six inches onside, as one of the defenders backside was sticking out to keep him on, and thus the goal was given.. to the surprise of everyone. That completely knocked the wind out of the poor finishing Porto side.
Man C v Spuds on 08:05 - Apr 18 with 1728 viewsElHoop

I couldn't see the ball hit his arm from any angle so how were they ever going to give anything other than a goal? His arm muscle could have moved because his arm hit his body quite hard for all we know.
Man C v Spuds on 08:15 - Apr 18 with 1721 viewsNorthernr

Even if it did brush it slightly it's hardly deliberate handball is it? Short of sawing his arm off I'm not sure where he's meant to put it but there. It goes in off his hip. Perfectly fair goal.

VAR continues to do my fcking head in.
Man C v Spuds on 08:38 - Apr 18 with 1686 viewstraininvain

Man C v Spuds on 22:40 - Apr 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Really enjoyable game.

Ajax's display was much better, though, at least to my eyes.

Agreed. Wouldn’t bet against a Barcelona vs Ajax final. The Cruyff final.
Man C v Spuds on 08:55 - Apr 18 with 1651 viewsterryb

Man C v Spuds on 22:11 - Apr 17 by Toast_R

There goes their quadruple.

Spurs will fancy their chances v Ajax but it's just another semi they will nause up.

Of course Tottenham will fancy their chances, but so will Ajax!

Having just outclassed Real Madrid & Juventus, two teams that would be favourites against Tottenham, I expect that throughout Europe Ajax would be expected to win.

There is a lot about this team that reminds me of the year Ajax first won the competition in 1971. I think it was that season that they lost 3-1 at home to Benfica (one of Europe's best at that time) & then went to Lisbon & turned the tie round.
Man C v Spuds on 08:56 - Apr 18 with 1653 viewsNortholt_Rs

Man C v Spuds on 08:38 - Apr 18 by traininvain

Agreed. Wouldn’t bet against a Barcelona vs Ajax final. The Cruyff final.

I’d prefer a spuds v scousers final. Barca and Ajax are the better teams but then so were Shiteh last night...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Man C v Spuds on 08:59 - Apr 18 with 1637 viewsstowmarketrange

Man C v Spuds on 08:56 - Apr 18 by Northolt_Rs

I’d prefer a spuds v scousers final. Barca and Ajax are the better teams but then so were Shiteh last night...

Nooooooooooo.Please not the plastic scousers again.The bbc are already thinking of moving their hq to Liverpool to be closer to the red shite.
Man C v Spuds on 09:16 - Apr 18 with 1597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Man C v Spuds on 08:15 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Even if it did brush it slightly it's hardly deliberate handball is it? Short of sawing his arm off I'm not sure where he's meant to put it but there. It goes in off his hip. Perfectly fair goal.

VAR continues to do my fcking head in.

It does mine in as well. Nothing can be celebrated now.

My question about the handball is that surely an accidental handball is still a free out, no?

And the last-minute goal should surely have stood as no-one passed to the offside Aguerro, it was hit by Eriksen off a City player so not a forward pass?

Has everything changed?

"Are those my feet?"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Man C v Spuds on 09:30 - Apr 18 with 1574 viewspaesanu

It's been a long time since I've watched a game that raised my heart-rate. That was football, stunning.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Man C v Spuds on 10:11 - Apr 18 with 1520 viewshubble

Man C v Spuds on 09:16 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

My question about the handball is that surely an accidental handball is still a free out, no?

And the last-minute goal should surely have stood as no-one passed to the offside Aguerro, it was hit by Eriksen off a City player so not a forward pass?

Has everything changed?

"Are those my feet?"

It was a pass forward from Bernardo, Brian, so clear offside. You can see Bernardo looking towards the linesman just after he makes the pass, because he knows Aguero is offside. Both VAR calls correct as far as I'm concerned.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Man C v Spuds on 12:05 - Apr 18 with 1387 viewsStanisgod

Man C v Spuds on 09:16 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Has everything changed?

"Are those my feet?"

Sorry but what's a free out?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Man C v Spuds on 12:12 - Apr 18 with 1370 viewsGalileo

Man C v Spuds on 12:05 - Apr 18 by Stanisgod

Sorry but what's a free out?

An Irish phrase mainly used in Gaelic football to describe the award of a free kick to the defending team.
Man C v Spuds on 12:54 - Apr 18 with 1307 views1MoreBrightonR

i can see ajax walking over spurs. they look incredible and the spurs defence had some serious gaps in it.
Man C v Spuds on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 1246 viewspaesanu

Man C v Spuds on 12:54 - Apr 18 by 1MoreBrightonR

i can see ajax walking over spurs. they look incredible and the spurs defence had some serious gaps in it.

I watched Ajax's 2nd half against Juve, it was like watching a teenage version of a grown-up Barcelona! Really smooth teamplay.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Man C v Spuds on 17:34 - Apr 18 with 1126 viewstraininvain

Man C v Spuds on 13:48 - Apr 18 by paesanu

I watched Ajax's 2nd half against Juve, it was like watching a teenage version of a grown-up Barcelona! Really smooth teamplay.

If Ajax play like they did in the second legs vs Real Madrid and Juventus then it's going to be very difficult for Spurs.
Man C v Spuds on 18:07 - Apr 18 with 1089 viewsHadders

One thought I've had after last night's extraordinary drama is a bit deep and is doing my head in - about the unbearable lightness of being and VAR. If the idea is for technology to make the outcome of a game fair, surely you would need to review ALL decisions during a match, not only actual goals. For example, an innocuous incorrect throw in or free kick given anywhere on the pitch at any time indirectly affects everything else that happens in that half- if it been given the other way, everything else would have been different. Obviously having VAR available for every decision would be a nightmare, and since it can only be available at the very top levels of the game (another inconsistency), on balance I think I would prefer to go back to human judgement - ideally with everyone giving officials a bit of slack, and with players being more honest.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 18:09]
Man C v Spuds on 18:11 - Apr 18 with 1079 viewsjohnhoop

Man C v Spuds on 17:34 - Apr 18 by traininvain

If Ajax play like they did in the second legs vs Real Madrid and Juventus then it's going to be very difficult for Spurs.

Especially so as they’re going to be without both of their main strikers for the first leg as I read that Son is suspended and Kane’s out injured anyway. Given that situation it’ll be an amazing achievement if they make it through to the final against a very good Ajax side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024