Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les on TalkSport 12:50 - Apr 18 with 8662 viewskingsburyR

Turned on just as the interview was ending.

Said he's made mistakes, can only recommend signings and sometimes the owners listen..... sometimes they don't.

And the usual crap about the next manager appointment is vital for the club.

Any other groundbreaking snippets?

Apologies if this is a Spackman, can't be arsed to search!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Les on TalkSport on 12:51 - Apr 18 with 7829 viewsToast_R

Pretty much what I heard.
Les on TalkSport on 12:55 - Apr 18 with 7790 viewsDorse

Don't know about Sir Les but found this on Cousins:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/510076/jordan-cousins-interview-qpr-midfielde

Seems like a nice bloke.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Les on TalkSport on 15:18 - Apr 18 with 7367 viewsParkRoyalR

Les on TalkSport on 12:55 - Apr 18 by Dorse

Don't know about Sir Les but found this on Cousins:

https://talksport.com/football/efl/510076/jordan-cousins-interview-qpr-midfielde

Seems like a nice bloke.

I like him, always gives 100% whichever position asked to play, think he has a lot to offer as an attacking right-midfielder, a willing runner who can get in behind the oppositions midfield and stretch the game.

Plays with same level of energy in away games as does at home games, which is why I don't mind the occasional mis-placed pass into the West Paddock!
Les on TalkSport on 15:50 - Apr 18 with 7262 viewsBuckR

Les on TalkSport on 15:18 - Apr 18 by ParkRoyalR

I like him, always gives 100% whichever position asked to play, think he has a lot to offer as an attacking right-midfielder, a willing runner who can get in behind the oppositions midfield and stretch the game.

Plays with same level of energy in away games as does at home games, which is why I don't mind the occasional mis-placed pass into the West Paddock!

Just cant pass a ball to save his life unfortunately
Les on TalkSport on 15:59 - Apr 18 with 7221 viewsEsox_Lucius

Les on TalkSport on 15:50 - Apr 18 by BuckR

Just cant pass a ball to save his life unfortunately

Still a better passer than "Hollywood" Barton was.

The grass is always greener.

Les on TalkSport on 16:08 - Apr 18 with 7173 viewskensalriser

Les on TalkSport on 15:59 - Apr 18 by Esox_Lucius

Can't agree with that.

Spectators in both the Paddocks and Ellerslie will attest to the high degree of accuracy in the passes they received from Barton.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Les on TalkSport on 16:49 - Apr 18 with 7020 viewsWestbourneR

Les on TalkSport on 15:59 - Apr 18 by Esox_Lucius

Cousins is better at passing than Barton now.

Right.... no.

Barton was a very very good short passer and could occasionally be brilliantly creative with his long passing. He could also have off days.

But he was MUCH better than Cousins.

Hatred for the man should not be confused with how good he was. It’s just ridiculous.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Les on TalkSport on 17:42 - Apr 18 with 6817 viewsParkRoyalR

Les on TalkSport on 16:49 - Apr 18 by WestbourneR

Cousins is better at passing than Barton now.

Right.... no.

Barton was a very very good short passer and could occasionally be brilliantly creative with his long passing. He could also have off days.

But he was MUCH better than Cousins.

Hatred for the man should not be confused with how good he was. It’s just ridiculous.

Last minute of Play-Off Final, Barton put his head where many of our players would'nt have, always gave his all,.....especially when it came to stepping up to take every free-kick, corner!
Login to get fewer ads

Les on TalkSport on 18:12 - Apr 18 with 6737 viewsbosh67

If we sell Lumley I think we should try Cousins in goal. Him or Jude. Jude I feel has a better touch in the midfield though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Les on TalkSport on 18:28 - Apr 18 with 6689 viewsNorthernr

Les on TalkSport on 17:42 - Apr 18 by ParkRoyalR

Last minute of Play-Off Final, Barton put his head where many of our players would'nt have, always gave his all,.....especially when it came to stepping up to take every free-kick, corner!

Well there we go, proof as if proof were needed that you're just here on a fcking wind up.
Les on TalkSport on 18:53 - Apr 18 with 6599 views2Thomas2Bowles

Les on TalkSport on 17:42 - Apr 18 by ParkRoyalR

How did he get on it that Man C game....
54 min: Has Joey Barton pressed the self-destruct button? Play was going on elsewhere when the linesman started flagging furiously, because Carlos Tevez appeared to have been elbowed by Joey Barton on the edge of the area.

55 min: JOEY BARTON IS SENT OFF! AND THEN KICKS OUT AT SERGIO AGUERO! After a short while and plenty of remonstrations from both sets of players, Mike Dean sends him off. What an absolute moron. Mike Dean and the linesman discussed the incident for a while, and the decision was ultimately a simple one because he appeared to throw an elbow at Tevez. Once he was sent off, he went mental, knees Sergio Aguero up the backside, just like John Terry, and then tried to headbutt Vincent Kompany. He's talked off the pitch by Micah Richards, but not before starting an argument with, of course, Mario Balotelli. He's led down the tunnel by a member of the QPR backroom staff and the police.

59 min: Djibril Cisse is replaced by Armand Traore. QPR just have to defend this for 30 minutes with 10 men. Joey Barton should be sacked.

65 min: "Joey Barton's Twitter motto reads "All know the way. Few actually walk it." That'd be 'the way' to the Etihad away team dressing room, right?" says Ben Stanley. He is a total liability.

Don't forget that QPR were heroic - save for one eedjit - and have stayed up at the expense of Bolton.They deserve it too. There was no way that performance merited relegation.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 19:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Les on TalkSport on 19:03 - Apr 18 with 6559 viewsDavieQPR

Cousins is only consistent in one area. After being dropped he comes back in the team and plays really well. His form then begins to deteriorate until he is dropped again and then the cycle begins again.
Les on TalkSport on 09:26 - Apr 19 with 6088 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The club’s got one managerial decision right since the early noughties, and even then, soppy b....x sacked him too early. Every managerial decision since early 2012 has been worse than the last, so Les is hardly cracking the Da Vinci code by stating the bloody obvious!

The feeling that we’re still a little away from unified strategic thinking on the football front remains. And if bloody Sherwood gets the nod, then I’ve zero confidence we won’t be listening to the same old pony in six months time.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2019 13:49]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Les on TalkSport on 18:15 - Apr 20 with 5588 viewsVancouverHoop

Said he's made mistakes, can only recommend signings and sometimes the owners listen..... sometimes they don't.

This is worrying. Provided Hoos approves them financially, Ferdinand's DoF and his decisions should be final. The board has no football expertise, micro-managing trades and personnel whenever they feel like it is narcissistic incompetence.
Les on TalkSport on 15:40 - Apr 21 with 5264 viewsfrancisbowles

Les on TalkSport on 18:15 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

This is worrying. Provided Hoos approves them financially, Ferdinand's DoF and his decisions should be final. The board has no football expertise, micro-managing trades and personnel whenever they feel like it is narcissistic incompetence.

Yeh but, if you were the owner wouldn't you want/have the final say?
Les on TalkSport on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 5178 viewsridethewave

Les on TalkSport on 15:18 - Apr 18 by ParkRoyalR

He has never once looked good as an attacking right midfielder.
Les on TalkSport on 16:57 - Apr 21 with 5118 viewsVancouverHoop

Les on TalkSport on 15:40 - Apr 21 by francisbowles

Yeh but, if you were the owner wouldn't you want/have the final say?

I'd have the final say on who the DoF was, not on his decision making.
Les on TalkSport on 17:55 - Apr 21 with 5066 viewsthemodfather

if we are trying to save money , do we need a DOF? surely the manager has an idea who he thinks could be the right player, goes to the board and argues his case?
cut the middle middle men! especially if they don't listen to the DOF!
Les on TalkSport on 19:03 - Apr 21 with 4986 viewsVancouverHoop

Les on TalkSport on 17:55 - Apr 21 by themodfather

if we are trying to save money , do we need a DOF? surely the manager has an idea who he thinks could be the right player, goes to the board and argues his case?

I'm not sure who, on our board for example, would be qualified to listen to his arguments. None of them have any footballing experience, either as players or in management.
Les on TalkSport on 00:23 - Apr 22 with 4838 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

I really like Les and Lee and think that they are doing a good job. That also could be a great job if they were just listen to. It is become more and more obvious that Tony is making the same mistake over and over again due to his lack of patients
Les on TalkSport on 08:07 - Apr 22 with 4708 viewsRangersDave

It was the running joke in my family watching Barton take a corner and never ever beating the first man.

I know the odds are he did, but i cannot remember if he actually took a good corner kick.....EVER for the R'sss

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Les on TalkSport on 08:36 - Apr 22 with 4663 viewsDorse

Les on TalkSport on 08:07 - Apr 22 by RangersDave

It was the running joke in my family watching Barton take a corner and never ever beating the first man.

I know the odds are he did, but i cannot remember if he actually took a good corner kick.....EVER for the R'sss

He thought they were all brilliant. He was clearly let down by poor team-mates not beating the first man's crotch to the ball.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Les on TalkSport on 08:45 - Apr 22 with 4646 viewsCiderwithRsie

Les on TalkSport on 00:23 - Apr 22 by BlueandWhiteRiot

I really like Les and Lee and think that they are doing a good job. That also could be a great job if they were just listen to. It is become more and more obvious that Tony is making the same mistake over and over again due to his lack of patients

I don't think it is a lack of patients.

Most of us are sick of it. Nurse! The screens! And morphine!
Les on TalkSport on 08:46 - Apr 22 with 4645 viewsNW10Hoop

Les on TalkSport on 17:55 - Apr 21 by themodfather

I think the DOF ultimately saves us money though.

Before we had him we had Redknapp's signings on top of Hughes' signings on top of Warnock's signings. Took us years for the last one to eventually be flushed down the toilet (Caulker I think?).

Even a high profile failure like Conor Washington will have been a drop in ocean compared to the pre-DOF signings.
Les on TalkSport on 09:21 - Apr 22 with 4609 viewsTGRRRSSS

Wasnt Les the Spurs striker/forward coach at one time?

Think it's something he ought to do more of I seem to remember they improved a bit when he was but might be my imagination.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024