Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thick as pig sh1t 17:29 - Apr 19 with 3044 viewsLblock

I just don’t understand why we’ve had a procession of players and Managers that are clearly thick and have zero grasp of the game, positional awareness or the ability to manage themselves in game:

We give away clueless fouls
We frustrate ourselves
Our players pick up needless bookings
The changes we make rarely seem to improve us or are made too late
And on and on and on

Perhaps it starts at the top and if the people in charge are also at the forefront of player and management recruitment then it’s no wonder.
Our standards are lower than the sewers

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:33 - Apr 19 with 2996 viewsNov77

None more so than scowen today, tackles in the penalty area the same way he does outside, utterly reckless.
Never learned his lesson from the away fixture this season when he gave another penalty away.

Brainless.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:47 - Apr 19 with 2914 viewsLblock

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:33 - Apr 19 by Nov77

None more so than scowen today, tackles in the penalty area the same way he does outside, utterly reckless.
Never learned his lesson from the away fixture this season when he gave another penalty away.

Brainless.

Agreed

The players not talking to each other either, summed up by Eze and Freeman both leaving the ball to each other and jumping out of each other’s way allowing a Rovers player to run off unchallenged with the ball

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:59 - Apr 19 with 2839 viewsStanisgod

Always said most footballers are a thick as sh@t.
Ours more so, today you had Scowen, Samual and Wells doing pointless fouls through their own inadequacies, and as for Wells "shot" with a box full of players to cross into at the end.
I think we were unlucky to be behind at half time but the give away at second half kick off was frankly embarrassing, and they then had the brain dead mentality to do the same thing again from the next kick off!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Thick as pig sh1t on 18:07 - Apr 19 with 2797 viewsstowmarketrange

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:59 - Apr 19 by Stanisgod

Ours more so, today you had Scowen, Samual and Wells doing pointless fouls through their own inadequacies, and as for Wells "shot" with a box full of players to cross into at the end.
I think we were unlucky to be behind at half time but the give away at second half kick off was frankly embarrassing, and they then had the brain dead mentality to do the same thing again from the next kick off!

We probably should’ve been 3 or 4 down at ht.Rather than unlucky,I thought we were very lucky,but shot ourselves in the foot again in the 46th minute.
Our team were out at least 2 mins before Blackburn emerged for the 2nd half.What the feck were they talking about in that time?”Lets not concede early and make sure you start playing straight away.”

Another bad day at the rangers and the late goal flattered us.
Thick as pig sh1t on 18:25 - Apr 19 with 2653 viewsDWQPR

And will we one day take a kick off that isn’t styled on rugby union. Keep the bloody ball for Christ’s sake.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Thick as pig sh1t on 19:15 - Apr 19 with 2402 viewsflynnbo

And then to leave the ball in the opponents' half when we're losing and nobody thinks of retrieving it as Blackburn weren't going to do it..
Thick as pig sh1t on 19:17 - Apr 19 with 2386 viewsMelakaRanger

Thick as pig sh1t on 17:59 - Apr 19 by Stanisgod

I think we have to accept that last weeks result was a complete fluke.

We must also accept that for one reason or another our players just aren’t good enough for the Championship.

And there’s a reason Hamed and Wells were made available for loans. They are not very good.

In the lower reaches of the championship, any decent Premiership striker should be peppering the opposition goals and scoring plenty , even if their “supply” of decent balls from their team are limited.

But this two have not.

Both were awful today. To be honest both have been a waste of money, although Hameds performance last game might be the performance that keeps us up.

We just don’t have any quality at all or anyone that seems to be able to maintain an acceptable level of performance from one week to the next. No one is consistently good, plenty are consistently inconsistent
Thick as pig sh1t on 19:26 - Apr 19 with 2357 viewsbosh67

Thick as pig sh1t on 19:17 - Apr 19 by MelakaRanger

I think we have to accept that last weeks result was a complete fluke.

We must also accept that for one reason or another our players just aren’t good enough for the Championship.

And there’s a reason Hamed and Wells were made available for loans. They are not very good.

In the lower reaches of the championship, any decent Premiership striker should be peppering the opposition goals and scoring plenty , even if their “supply” of decent balls from their team are limited.

But this two have not.

Both were awful today. To be honest both have been a waste of money, although Hameds performance last game might be the performance that keeps us up.

We just don’t have any quality at all or anyone that seems to be able to maintain an acceptable level of performance from one week to the next. No one is consistently good, plenty are consistently inconsistent

"plenty are consistently inconsistent" and therein lies the dilemma for any manager at this club. I nice bunch of lads, of that there is no doubt. Honest as the day is long but hamstrung by being gloriously inconsistent.

I am not entirely sure how a manager counters it apart from a complete rethink on how to motivate them from one match to the next.

I would play Smith most weeks and make him captain. He seems to be one of the few players who is professional in the way he approaches games and he's been pretty hard done by for quite some time now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Thick as pig sh1t on 19:58 - Apr 19 with 2238 viewsplasmahoop

Thick as pig sh1t on 19:26 - Apr 19 by bosh67

"plenty are consistently inconsistent" and therein lies the dilemma for any manager at this club. I nice bunch of lads, of that there is no doubt. Honest as the day is long but hamstrung by being gloriously inconsistent.

I am not entirely sure how a manager counters it apart from a complete rethink on how to motivate them from one match to the next.

I would play Smith most weeks and make him captain. He seems to be one of the few players who is professional in the way he approaches games and he's been pretty hard done by for quite some time now.

Really? Smith is ok, but not that great if we're honest
Thick as pig sh1t on 21:08 - Apr 19 with 2025 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Thick as pig sh1t on 19:26 - Apr 19 by bosh67

Smith may be professional but he's very limited. No sense in handing the captain's armband to a bit-part player.
Thick as pig sh1t on 22:19 - Apr 19 with 1885 viewsRangers67

Agree with the original post, some of our players really are thick. And some don’t give a toss which is exactly why we are where we are
Thick as pig sh1t on 22:35 - Apr 19 with 1841 viewsNed_Kennedys

Thick as pig sh1t on 18:25 - Apr 19 by DWQPR

And will we one day take a kick off that isn’t styled on rugby union. Keep the bloody ball for Christ’s sake.

We kicked off the 2nd half by immediately lobbing it straight to them and 30 seconds later they had scored.

We then did EXACTLY THE SAME BLOODY THING straight from the next kick off.

Moronic.
Thick as pig sh1t on 01:55 - Apr 20 with 1599 viewsVancouverHoop

Freeman? Not as dominant in the last couple of games, but not a waste of space either.

Bidwell? Not great but surely a model of consistency, particularly given who he's usually got on his right.

BOS? OK not too many starts and pretty one dimensional so far, but again never inconsistent.

Smith? Does what it says on the tin. Yes, the tin reads "corned beef" but you need a bit of that now and then and he almost always delivers.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 1:58]
Thick as pig sh1t on 03:04 - Apr 20 with 1551 viewsSharpy36

Thick as pig sh1t on 01:55 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

Freeman? Not as dominant in the last couple of games, but not a waste of space either.

Bidwell? Not great but surely a model of consistency, particularly given who he's usually got on his right.

BOS? OK not too many starts and pretty one dimensional so far, but again never inconsistent.

Smith? Does what it says on the tin. Yes, the tin reads "corned beef" but you need a bit of that now and then and he almost always delivers.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2019 1:58]

Add Eze to that.

Waste of a shirt, and a headless chicken to boot.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Thick as pig sh1t on 03:22 - Apr 20 with 1544 viewsVancouverHoop

Thick as pig sh1t on 03:04 - Apr 20 by Sharpy36

Add Eze to that.

Waste of a shirt, and a headless chicken to boot.

Love Eze but his effectiveness did decline after Christmas. Probably temporary, it's his first season as a regular at this level, it's a stretch for any rookie however talented.
Thick as pig sh1t on 07:49 - Apr 20 with 1410 viewsjonno

Thick as pig sh1t on 03:22 - Apr 20 by VancouverHoop

Love Eze but his effectiveness did decline after Christmas. Probably temporary, it's his first season as a regular at this level, it's a stretch for any rookie however talented.

I like Eze as well, but he has a lot to learn if he wants to play regularly at this level (or above). For one, he needs to learn to jump and head the ball, and not bottle out of every headed challenge. He also needs to learn how to win the ball in a tackle and to work harder to close down space when we don't have the ball. He is talented, but you need more than that at our level. BOS - he has potential but at the moment that is all he has. He needs to improve his finishing and final ball which means calm down and look before that final touch. As for Wells and Hemed - I have said on here before that just because you are at a Premier division club that does not make you a premier division player and neither of these two are. That fact that they could not get into the Burnley and Brighton sides - and who were both prepared to loan them out - tells you that neither are rated at their parent clubs. They have both missed numerous simple chances for us this season which a quality striker would have put away. A lot of these players need to take on more responsibility on the pitch but many of them are hiding I'm afraid.
Thick as pig sh1t on 09:46 - Apr 20 with 1261 viewsfrancisbowles

Thought Eze did quite well when he came on. Surprised me with a couple of decent headers too!

Still got lot's to learn though! Next season very important for him.
Thick as pig sh1t on 14:46 - Apr 20 with 1064 viewsNorthernr

I agree, Lblock. Scowen's tackle for the penalty - exactly the same spot he made a similarly stupid tackle in the away game to cost us that. Second half, concede from our kick off, then take the same kick off again. It's moronic.
Thick as pig sh1t on 15:26 - Apr 20 with 1021 viewsessextaxiboy

Thick as pig sh1t on 09:46 - Apr 20 by francisbowles

Thought Eze did quite well when he came on. Surprised me with a couple of decent headers too!

Still got lot's to learn though! Next season very important for him.

He has gone backwards under Mclaren and the current coaches ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024