Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford 19:33 - Apr 22 with 4855 viewsonlyrinmoray

Just watched them against Leeds They were brilliant took the piss out of Leeds Ive no idea who half their players are other than Maupay and Canos and Sawyers. Oh to have a striker like Maupay he looks like another Mitrovic of Fulham, aggressive, bullies defenders and can finish. Who have we got Hemed. Brentfords recruitment is superb.

They used to be our little neighbours now they are a class above us Compare that to our performance today it was embarrassing timewasting from the off Playing for a 0-0 desperation. Derby were poor, if we had showed a bit of ambition we could have beaten them, you could see a late winner happening its what we do..... The level we have dropped to is depressing
Brentford on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 3465 viewsstevec

So beat Ipswich at home and Sheffield United are up, good for them.

Fair play to Brentford, in my life time they’ve always been distant also rans to our club, but whilst they finish above us on a regular basis these days, have put together some decent sides and have the prospect of a brand new stadium shortly, the one thing they consistently fail to do is trouble the play offs.

Conversely, today at Derby gave me a bit of hope for the future. Agree, we couldn’t score to save our lives and you just knew we’d lose a game we could have won late on but, rather than look lacking right across the pitch, it felt we had something to build on.

A lot of work for our DOF but it’s about time he found strikers like Brentford have, a goalkeeper who doesn’t scare the sh it out of you every time a shot comes in and a centre half with some pace. Les has had 4 years plus now, we have a nucleus however small, so if this summer he pulls his finger out we might finally start moving in the right direction.
Brentford on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 3448 viewsmcqpr10

Every time I watch the bees I think they are one of the problem the best teams in the league. It's get annoying now. Keep selling players for big money and replacing them.
Whatever our scouting strategy is needs to be ripped up. Just bid for the players they are in for!
Brentford on 21:30 - Apr 22 with 3147 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford on 20:03 - Apr 22 by mcqpr10

Every time I watch the bees I think they are one of the problem the best teams in the league. It's get annoying now. Keep selling players for big money and replacing them.
Whatever our scouting strategy is needs to be ripped up. Just bid for the players they are in for!

Why would they choose to come here rather than a settled outfit that play good football?It won’t be for the money any more,or the training facilities.So who in their right mind would choose to come to a basket case of a club like ours?
Brentford on 21:33 - Apr 22 with 3137 viewsWrightUp5hit___

But doesn't the story go that Penrice and Les had been scouting on the basis of unearthing younger players from lower leagues, but when SM came in he rejected the proposed signings? So we are heading back to the beginning again.
Brentford on 21:52 - Apr 22 with 3078 viewsNortholt_Rs

Brentford on 21:33 - Apr 22 by WrightUp5hit___

But doesn't the story go that Penrice and Les had been scouting on the basis of unearthing younger players from lower leagues, but when SM came in he rejected the proposed signings? So we are heading back to the beginning again.

Complete BS I reckon. Teflon Les can’t keep hiding - he’s been DOF since we were in the Prem so plenty of time to find gems from the lower leagues etc. He has to be at least partly responsible for this ongoing catastrophic balls up.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Brentford on 22:21 - Apr 22 with 2987 viewsdaveB

Brentford on 21:52 - Apr 22 by Northolt_Rs

Complete BS I reckon. Teflon Les can’t keep hiding - he’s been DOF since we were in the Prem so plenty of time to find gems from the lower leagues etc. He has to be at least partly responsible for this ongoing catastrophic balls up.

Teflon Les ha ha what nonsense not been a week gone by in the last 4 years without someone having a go at Ferdinand and his role
Brentford on 22:27 - Apr 22 with 2965 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford on 21:33 - Apr 22 by WrightUp5hit___

Why would McLaren ruin his reputation by playing a load of unknowns from the lower leagues and getting sacked for poor results while They bed in?Look what happened when Ipswich tried to bring in too many players from the division below.

Unfortunately very few managers get time to build a whole new team.Hopefully the next man in the job will get the time to rebuild properly.
Brentford on 06:04 - Apr 23 with 2721 viewssmegma

Brentford on 22:21 - Apr 22 by daveB

Teflon Les ha ha what nonsense not been a week gone by in the last 4 years without someone having a go at Ferdinand and his role

The bloke down the pub told me he had heard this rumour on the internet.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentford on 08:17 - Apr 23 with 2550 viewsGroveR

Brentford on 22:27 - Apr 22 by stowmarketrange

Why would McLaren ruin his reputation by playing a load of unknowns from the lower leagues and getting sacked for poor results while They bed in?Look what happened when Ipswich tried to bring in too many players from the division below.

Unfortunately very few managers get time to build a whole new team.Hopefully the next man in the job will get the time to rebuild properly.

Why indeed when he can ruin his reputation playing reserve teamers from the league above and get sacked for poor results while they phone it in?
Brentford on 08:42 - Apr 23 with 2510 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford on 08:17 - Apr 23 by GroveR

Why indeed when he can ruin his reputation playing reserve teamers from the league above and get sacked for poor results while they phone it in?

It’s a percentage game and he thought he had more of a chance of succeeding with premier league reserve players than promoting unknowns from the leagues below.
As it turned out,it would’ve made little difference to him keeping his job.

No proven manager would take a chance on playing unknowns because it’s a results business.I’m not saying he was right or wrong,but he was never going to take a risk with players he didn’t know.
Brentford on 10:05 - Apr 23 with 2393 viewsdaveB

Brentford on 08:42 - Apr 23 by stowmarketrange

It’s a percentage game and he thought he had more of a chance of succeeding with premier league reserve players than promoting unknowns from the leagues below.
As it turned out,it would’ve made little difference to him keeping his job.

No proven manager would take a chance on playing unknowns because it’s a results business.I’m not saying he was right or wrong,but he was never going to take a risk with players he didn’t know.

No one asked him to take a chance on unknowns, he was the one who wanted to use his entire budget on loan players
Brentford on 10:18 - Apr 23 with 2357 viewsstowmarketrange

Brentford on 10:05 - Apr 23 by daveB

No one asked him to take a chance on unknowns, he was the one who wanted to use his entire budget on loan players

I was replying to an earlier post about les and penrice scouting league 1 players until McLaren appeared.
It’s ok for les and pensive to do the scouting but they ain’t in the firing line if results go Pete tong,McLaren was,so he would go with his best chance of getting results,which isn’t always in the best interests of the club in the long term.
Brentford on 10:21 - Apr 23 with 2350 viewsconnell10

You know what to do mate , f uck off and support little bentford!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Brentford on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 2305 viewsBlue_Castello

Brentford on 22:27 - Apr 22 by stowmarketrange

Agreed I visit Ipswich regularly because of family and I have spoken to some season ticket holders. They were totally fed up with Mick McCarthy and the style of football and it appears it was virtually fan power that got rid of Mick. They then went down the route that plenty of people on here advocate promoting youth and trying to purchase some of the best potential from League 1 and 2, whilst ditching their experienced pros, in particular Waghorn, McGoldrick and Garner.

As we all know that went completely tits up and they sacked Hurst, appointed Lambert who immediately started searching for experienced pros to bolster an incredibly inexperienced squad. Let's hope we learn from that example and try to get a good balance of youth, potential and experience when the next Manager gets stuck into trying to revive our squad on a budget of peanuts.
Brentford on 11:06 - Apr 23 with 2241 viewsDorse

Brentford on 06:04 - Apr 23 by smegma

The bloke down the pub told me he had heard this rumour on the internet.

I heard that too. My mate's barber's brother's cleaner goes out with someone who knows the man in the ticket office's sister and she said she had it, and I quote, 'on good authority' so she put it on Twitter.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Brentford on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 2211 viewsGroveR

"Unfortunately very few managers get time to build a whole new team."

The last 7 managers we've been through in the last 7 years have signed enough players to stage a football tournament, let alone build a new team. Mark Hughes signed an international keeper prone to at least one game-losing ricket per game, watched him produce 3 or 4 game-losing rickets, then fùcked him off for another international keeper. The less said about the stroke-faced thief's recruitment policy the better.

McLaren's alleged remit was to reduce the wage bill, bring in younger talent and remain competitive on the pitch. A couple of gob-bumming defeats later and we're back to "let's smash a layer of Polyfilla over the layers of old shìt and call it good." Change the manager, change the players. Makes fùcking no difference does it?

We'd be a fascinating archaeological dig a few years from now:

"Professor, impossible as it seems, the juxtaposition of the tampon and the swazzy baseball cap must conclusively prove Barton and JET were teammates"
Brentford on 11:34 - Apr 23 with 2174 viewsLowerloftLad

what expectations are there at brentford apart from finishing above us they will sink back to 5k crowds once they hit a few bad seasons

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Brentford on 12:02 - Apr 23 with 2108 viewstraininvain

Brentford on 10:05 - Apr 23 by daveB

Well something has gone wrong as most clubs with a DOF wouldn't allow the manager to make that kind of call.
Brentford on 12:03 - Apr 23 with 2103 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford on 11:34 - Apr 23 by LowerloftLad

what expectations are there at brentford apart from finishing above us they will sink back to 5k crowds once they hit a few bad seasons

Finishing above you that ship sailed long time ago our fans seem more bothered about Fulham these days.As a fan who has been at many games over the years with crowds of 5000 I can’t see us returning to those days especially with the move to the new ground coming next year.look forward to our games next season and glad you stayed up got some nice West London/Hounslow derbys to look forward to.
Brentford on 12:24 - Apr 23 with 2060 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Brentford on 12:03 - Apr 23 by switchingcode

Finishing above you that ship sailed long time ago our fans seem more bothered about Fulham these days.As a fan who has been at many games over the years with crowds of 5000 I can’t see us returning to those days especially with the move to the new ground coming next year.look forward to our games next season and glad you stayed up got some nice West London/Hounslow derbys to look forward to.

That ship sailed a long time ago eh?
Yeh right.
Brentford on 12:58 - Apr 23 with 1989 viewsMick_S

Brentford on 12:24 - Apr 23 by CroydonCaptJack

That ship sailed a long time ago eh?
Yeh right.

Best team I've seen for years - made massive Leeds look ordinary as every Leeds fan mentioned after the match.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Brentford on 13:43 - Apr 23 with 1921 viewsGroveR

Brentford on 12:58 - Apr 23 by Mick_S

Best team I've seen for years - made massive Leeds look ordinary as every Leeds fan mentioned after the match.

Good at home, poor away. Like we used to be.
Brentford on 15:19 - Apr 23 with 1822 viewsHarbour

Brentford are a well run club not much else to say other than we want to beat them as we do wall Fulham and any other London club. Probably can learn something from them given the basket case our club has been over the last decade....
Brentford on 17:19 - Apr 23 with 1717 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford on 13:43 - Apr 23 by GroveR

Good at home, poor away. Like we used to be.

Yep,very poor away from home need to sign some tough guys next season and a goalkeeper.
Brentford on 17:22 - Apr 23 with 1708 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford on 12:58 - Apr 23 by Mick_S

Was at the game rode our luck with the penalty when Bamford was brought down.Leeds looked tired and can’t see them winning the play offs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024