Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives.... 19:04 - Apr 27 with 10869 views100percent

Trying to lighten the mood somewhat.... positives today...

Shodipo scared the hell out of their left back - looked great running forward.
Scowen is an absolute asset, has poor games sometimes but never hides.
Manning had another good game today.
Eze had a decent first half - needs some support and an arm around his shoulders.
wells and hemed will not wear the hoops at loftus road again.

anymore, anyone?
Positives.... on 19:06 - Apr 27 with 8195 viewsLongsufferingR

Cameron and Leistner - decent
Bright - pace!!
Positives.... on 19:09 - Apr 27 with 8175 viewsDejR_vu

I’ve never seen a winger beat a full back until he’s sick. It was getting dark by the time he’d finished

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Positives.... on 19:17 - Apr 27 with 8113 views100percent

Positives.... on 19:06 - Apr 27 by LongsufferingR

Cameron and Leistner - decent
Bright - pace!!

Cameron can pick a ball too - thought he was a good choice for centre back ....
Probably too injury prone and expensive to keep for next year, which is a shame as he seems a good influence on the youngsters...
Positives.... on 19:34 - Apr 27 with 8001 viewssmegma

The biggest positive is we have no more home games this season.
Positives.... on 19:36 - Apr 27 with 7998 viewsQPROslo

Hemed was good today, worked their Keeper, and made some good passes, especially the one for Eze who had his shot saved.
Positives.... on 19:36 - Apr 27 with 7991 viewsnix

I thought we looked like we were really trying to win today. The difference between the teams was they were a bit more confident and well drilled around the penalty area. But outside of that, they didn't look like the £79 million market value team.

Tbh if it was our team that was worth that much and getting their wages, I'd be well hacked off.

I love BOS's positivity. He loves to run at players. Just needs to work on the final ball and his shooting.

Manning looked good today. I wonder if it's easier to play left back when you haven't got Lynch alongside you. He didn't seem to be drifting across inside so much today.

Team spirit seems to be steadily improving again.

Introducing younger players doesn't make us a worse team. Who'd have thunk it?
Positives.... on 19:45 - Apr 27 with 7940 viewsHarbour

Positives.... on 19:36 - Apr 27 by nix

I thought we looked like we were really trying to win today. The difference between the teams was they were a bit more confident and well drilled around the penalty area. But outside of that, they didn't look like the £79 million market value team.

Tbh if it was our team that was worth that much and getting their wages, I'd be well hacked off.

I love BOS's positivity. He loves to run at players. Just needs to work on the final ball and his shooting.

Manning looked good today. I wonder if it's easier to play left back when you haven't got Lynch alongside you. He didn't seem to be drifting across inside so much today.

Team spirit seems to be steadily improving again.

Introducing younger players doesn't make us a worse team. Who'd have thunk it?

Yes agree with all that thought we were unlucky not to get something...the kids did well manning Eze shodipo bright in particulsr and young walker did ok. Was not that impressed with Hemed he had opportunities but did not take them
Positives.... on 19:53 - Apr 27 with 7894 viewsDejR_vu

Positives.... on 19:45 - Apr 27 by Harbour

Yes agree with all that thought we were unlucky not to get something...the kids did well manning Eze shodipo bright in particulsr and young walker did ok. Was not that impressed with Hemed he had opportunities but did not take them

Manning looks like he’s been playing at LB for years. Nice to have a left back with a bit of ability.

Login to get fewer ads

Positives.... on 20:00 - Apr 27 with 7850 viewsHarbour

Positives.... on 19:53 - Apr 27 by DejR_vu

Manning looks like he’s been playing at LB for years. Nice to have a left back with a bit of ability.

Yes he has bags of confidence just shows decision to loan him out was flawed
Positives.... on 20:03 - Apr 27 with 7826 viewsqprxtc

Positives.... on 20:00 - Apr 27 by Harbour

I was positively fu cked off with that today.

The blue and white bar was full throughout the entire second half. That was a positive. But a negative to my bank account.
Positives.... on 20:17 - Apr 27 with 7780 viewsHantsR

I thought there were a number of positives. Agree with most of names mentioned above, but not so sure about Hemed.

Cameron, Manning, Scowen particularly good but others: Eze, Shodipo, BOS, Leistner, Furlong and Luongo all played well and there were a few passages of excellent link-up play, spoilt only by over-hit passes/ crosses and poor finishing.

We could easily have drawn the match and deservedly so, but I came away not as disappointed as I have been after the many other defeats this season.
Positives.... on 20:25 - Apr 27 with 7737 viewsrichranger

Chair scored again - his 7th for Stevenage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/mansfield-vs-stevenage/report/394181
Positives.... on 20:51 - Apr 27 with 7601 viewsDejR_vu

Positives.... on 20:25 - Apr 27 by richranger

Tap-in by his standards
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 20:53]

Positives.... on 21:03 - Apr 27 with 7532 viewsqueensparker

I’ve stopped giving a f–k about this season now so just relaxed and watched the game - thought there was plenty to work on for next year.

Given everyone starting apart from Hemed and Cameron is likely to be here next season we created loads of chances and didn’t look a poor team, just one lacking confidence and a few goals.

On the assumption that Wells, Hemed, Freeman, Rangel and Cameron won’t be here any longer that still doesn’t look like a relegation squad to me at all in the hands of a half decent manager, plus Smyth and Chair and Oteh back, plus you would assume a forward and centre back coming in.

I know “Avoiding relegation next season” doesn’t exactly get the pulse racing as an ambition but I think we’ll be fine and gives us something to build on.
Positives.... on 21:14 - Apr 27 with 7490 viewsNortholt_Rs

Positives.... on 21:03 - Apr 27 by queensparker

I’ve stopped giving a f–k about this season now so just relaxed and watched the game - thought there was plenty to work on for next year.

Given everyone starting apart from Hemed and Cameron is likely to be here next season we created loads of chances and didn’t look a poor team, just one lacking confidence and a few goals.

On the assumption that Wells, Hemed, Freeman, Rangel and Cameron won’t be here any longer that still doesn’t look like a relegation squad to me at all in the hands of a half decent manager, plus Smyth and Chair and Oteh back, plus you would assume a forward and centre back coming in.

I know “Avoiding relegation next season” doesn’t exactly get the pulse racing as an ambition but I think we’ll be fine and gives us something to build on.

The BIG questions is where are the goals going to come from? That’s been our Achilles Heel since Chazza left...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Positives.... on 21:25 - Apr 27 with 7431 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Positives.... on 20:00 - Apr 27 by Harbour

Sorry completely disagree with that. For me it just shows the benefits of loaning out fringe first team players.

It makes them better players. His decision making has improved immensely.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 21:29]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Positives.... on 21:45 - Apr 27 with 7371 viewsHastings_Hoops

I went to the game with a neutral supporting friend, who felt that we held our own and played well - thought we should have got the points and was surprised that we had rested 3 or 4 "senior" members.

I'll only focus on players which may be here next year.

Lumley - great save for that "off-side" one-on-one. I do like him and think he will grow in confidence next year as long as the fans don’t turn on him.

Furlong - Was brilliant in the air at a couple of corners in the first half. OK at RB (I was sat in EL block and was interested to see how much coaching and help from Eustace he was getting - positioning etc - another positive), but I really want him to partner Leistner or Cameron at CB next year. He is a CB and not a RB. Surprisingly good in the air for a not particularly tall man.

Manning - I love this man. I thought he took some unfair criticism for Blackburn (I would blame those around him). I genuinely think he will be a real success at LB.

Leistner — Made life so much easier for Manning and the combination with Cameron added the “mature heads” to the team.

Scowen - Seems like a new man. Great work-rate.

Bright Osayi Samuel — Not much more that needs saying about how this guy should have played most of the season. Great pace, one thing on his mind which is to get into the penalty area and cause havoc. Just needs the end product. Reminds me of Andy Impey.

Shodipo — Loved how he turned the left back inside out about 5 or 6 times in a row. Definite skill and appears similar to BOS.

Eze — Confidence seems to be coming back. He had an ability to beat two players with one touch or drop of the shoulder. Great skill — let’s build him up next year.

Walker — Glad he got a chance. Would like to see more.

Ilias Chair — Can’t wait to see him back next year (or pre-season).

I don’t think we’ll see any more of Wells, Hemed, Smith, Ingram, Bidwell, Lynch, Cousins, Baptiste, Kakay, Wszolek, Freeman and Luongo, and I’d like to see us retain Cameron and Rangel if the price is right, so assuming two players for each position:

GK: Lumley / Dieng
RB: Rangel / ?
CB: Furlong / Hall
CB: Leistner / ?
LB: Manning / Hamalainen
RM: Shodipo / ?
CM: Scowen / ?
CM: Cameron / ?
LM: Bright Osayi Samuel / Chair
CF: Eze / Smyth
CF: ? / ?

Then there’s some fringe players left (Walker, Oteh, Wheeler, Owens, Goss, Phillips).

Assuming 11 players leaving, I’d like to see 6 old heads in allowing for Freeman / Luongo / Wszolek transfer fees to help towards the FFP books and a reduction in 5 expensive players (Ingram, Wells, Hemed, Wszolek, Luongo) allowing for a carefully picked number 9 to help to bring Eze, Smyth and Oteh on.

There is a way to muddle through this mess, I'm sure of it.
Positives.... on 22:41 - Apr 27 with 7228 viewsDavieQPR

Loved the way Shopido turned the full back inside out a few times then lost the ball. Furlong completely ignored him in the end because his runs came to nothing.Showed me today why he only got 6 games for Colchester. Completely ineffectual. There were some nice touches by Eze though and Manning is a grafter.
Positives.... on 23:21 - Apr 27 with 7080 viewscorse

... Positives? We were crxp and all over the place... Positives... Surely you must jest dear sire.
Positives.... on 23:51 - Apr 27 with 7004 viewsHunterhoop

Positives.... on 21:14 - Apr 27 by Northolt_Rs

The BIG questions is where are the goals going to come from? That’s been our Achilles Heel since Chazza left...

Condescending bellend. Pr*ck.

Oh wait, that’s massively out of order. I apologise.
Positives.... on 00:09 - Apr 28 with 6972 viewsLoftgirl

Positives.... on 21:14 - Apr 27 by Northolt_Rs

Achilles Heel out.
Positives.... on 00:10 - Apr 28 with 6964 viewssmegma

Positives.... on 22:41 - Apr 27 by DavieQPR

Loved the way Shopido turned the full back inside out a few times then lost the ball. Furlong completely ignored him in the end because his runs came to nothing.Showed me today why he only got 6 games for Colchester. Completely ineffectual. There were some nice touches by Eze though and Manning is a grafter.

He got injured at Colchester hence his lack of games
Positives.... on 01:09 - Apr 28 with 6870 viewsLazyFan

Positives.... on 20:25 - Apr 27 by richranger

I think he set up the first as well no?

zzzzzzzzzz

Positives.... on 02:26 - Apr 28 with 6809 viewsisawqpratwcity

The season of distinctly phased very bad/very good/very bad is almost over, and we're still in the Championship.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Positives.... on 02:35 - Apr 28 with 6803 viewstimcocking

Jack Robinson was captain...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024