Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SNP and the climate emergency 06:24 - Apr 29 with 3649 viewsdistortR

Now, i believe that there is a climate emergency, although one rather wishes that the people who would lead us could have come to that conclusion themselves.

However, my wife made a valid point. If the SNP pushes forward and manages to hold and win a second independence referendum, can we assume that they won't be backing their economy on the extraction and sale of north sea oil?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm??
SNP and the climate emergency on 06:42 - Apr 29 with 3622 viewsplasmahoop

It's all just virtue signalling by the shouty, angry left. Labour or the snp haven't thought any of this through at all, and if confronted with power, would suddenly have loads of contradictions and impossible problems.
SNP and the climate emergency on 07:06 - Apr 29 with 3587 viewsloftboy

Was speaking to a Scot on the tube after the Blackburn game, he reckons that despite Scotland once being the world leaders in inventing things now have nothing but Goof and tourism to rely on once the oil runs out, he said sturgeon is a nut job who’s going to destroy their economy.
He said the SNP has not do well because no one votes labour after Tony Blair screwed them over and they feel they’ve been lied to by the Tories so they get in by default.He reckons independence has got no chance of winning as it would be disastrous for them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

SNP and the climate emergency on 07:15 - Apr 29 with 3579 viewsMiss_Terraces

SNP and the climate emergency on 06:42 - Apr 29 by plasmahoop

It's all just virtue signalling by the shouty, angry left. Labour or the snp haven't thought any of this through at all, and if confronted with power, would suddenly have loads of contradictions and impossible problems.

Left, right there is no difference.
They both do it.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

SNP and the climate emergency on 07:56 - Apr 29 with 3542 viewsjonno

SNP and the climate emergency on 07:06 - Apr 29 by loftboy

Was speaking to a Scot on the tube after the Blackburn game, he reckons that despite Scotland once being the world leaders in inventing things now have nothing but Goof and tourism to rely on once the oil runs out, he said sturgeon is a nut job who’s going to destroy their economy.
He said the SNP has not do well because no one votes labour after Tony Blair screwed them over and they feel they’ve been lied to by the Tories so they get in by default.He reckons independence has got no chance of winning as it would be disastrous for them.

I have yet to meet any Scot who doesn't have the same views. Since the SNP have been in control in Scotland the country has gone backwards in many respects. They once had just about the best education system in the world, that has now declined badly. Their economy - taken as a single country - is close to being a basket case. They are being bailed out in many respects by the rest of the UK, principally England. Yet they have been given all sorts of advantages which England does not enjoy, such as free education, free dental care etc. People such as Sturgeon clearly hate the English and come across as the unruly kids that refuse to join in with the rest of the class and just sit on the sidelines causing as much trouble as possible. They need to grow up IMHO. They say they will rejoin the EU if the UK leaves, but that is because without the subsidies from the rest of the UK they will need to suck on the EU's teat. Unfortunately for them, their economy is in such a state that it would not qualify to join the EU on its own. They say they will continue to use the pound sterling but that also will not be possible and they refuse to listen. Laughable if it wasn't so sad. They are systematically undermining a great country and its people IMHO.
SNP and the climate emergency on 12:14 - Apr 29 with 3400 viewssmegma

Scots wanting to leave U.K. Is seen as patriotic

Any Briton wanting to leave EU is seen as racist.

Strange old world.
SNP and the climate emergency on 14:05 - Apr 29 with 3340 viewsTonto

when has reality ever got in the way of a good political rant?

there are Councils all over the Country of various political colours declaring Climate Emergencies. the trouble is that it will take national legalisation to actually do something about it... and this is the Government that allowed fracking.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:40 - Apr 29 with 3257 viewsrobith

SNP and the climate emergency on 06:42 - Apr 29 by plasmahoop

Sorry, you've said angry left, then said SNP, who are not a left wing party?
SNP and the climate emergency on 15:45 - Apr 29 with 3243 viewsBucksRanger

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:40 - Apr 29 by robith

Surely that depends on where the individual believes the middle ground to be.
Login to get fewer ads

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:52 - Apr 29 with 3221 viewsDavieQPR

If people stop exaggerating and started to state real facts then people would listen. At work a few years ago we were shown the Al Gore film. Almost everything he said in that film has been debunked as rubbish. Yes there is a problem but it is not going to kill me in the next 10 years and sea levels are not going to rise to biblical levels in the next 6 years. Give me proper proven facts not falsified ones.
SNP and the climate emergency on 15:59 - Apr 29 with 3212 viewslondonscottish

SNP and the climate emergency on 07:56 - Apr 29 by jonno

I have yet to meet any Scot who doesn't have the same views. Since the SNP have been in control in Scotland the country has gone backwards in many respects. They once had just about the best education system in the world, that has now declined badly. Their economy - taken as a single country - is close to being a basket case. They are being bailed out in many respects by the rest of the UK, principally England. Yet they have been given all sorts of advantages which England does not enjoy, such as free education, free dental care etc. People such as Sturgeon clearly hate the English and come across as the unruly kids that refuse to join in with the rest of the class and just sit on the sidelines causing as much trouble as possible. They need to grow up IMHO. They say they will rejoin the EU if the UK leaves, but that is because without the subsidies from the rest of the UK they will need to suck on the EU's teat. Unfortunately for them, their economy is in such a state that it would not qualify to join the EU on its own. They say they will continue to use the pound sterling but that also will not be possible and they refuse to listen. Laughable if it wasn't so sad. They are systematically undermining a great country and its people IMHO.

The biggest stumbling block which Wee Krankie & Co choose to ignore is the massively disproportionate exposure that Scotland has to the financial sector through the £trillions managed the life insurance sector and other funds + the banks that have HQ's or large operations there.

This takes them into the territory of Hong Kong or Iceland just before the crash.

Clearly you can't just create a new currency or join the Euro if you don't have the ability to underwrite that exposure through (i) tax receipts and (ii) a central bank willing to lender of last resort.

The Scottish administration doesn't have (i) and rUK won't agree to (ii).

So it's all complete and utter bollx and will never happen because it can't. Well, it could if Scots agreed to insane levels of taxation and austerity to end all austerity for the following 100 years or whatever. But they won't.

I'm not knocking Scotland. I am fully aware of its history and the fact that a couple of centuries ago it was an amazing economic & social success story.

Unfortunately those days have long passed.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

SNP and the climate emergency on 12:35 - Apr 30 with 2984 viewsplasmahoop

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:40 - Apr 29 by robith

The snp are, despite the nationalist tag, a left wing party
SNP and the climate emergency on 13:39 - Apr 30 with 2938 viewsahoz

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:52 - Apr 29 by DavieQPR

If people stop exaggerating and started to state real facts then people would listen. At work a few years ago we were shown the Al Gore film. Almost everything he said in that film has been debunked as rubbish. Yes there is a problem but it is not going to kill me in the next 10 years and sea levels are not going to rise to biblical levels in the next 6 years. Give me proper proven facts not falsified ones.

Spot on. Climate change (formerly named global warming till that was rightly discredited) is a tool of globalists to tax us, the common people. Gorbachev in the late 90's spoke of a new world order which would be achieved by getting people concerned about the environment . All aided by junk science, false data and a biased media.
We need to look after our earth, but a lot of what is being proposed is, well, preposterous.
SNP and the climate emergency on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 2846 viewskensalriser

SNP and the climate emergency on 15:52 - Apr 29 by DavieQPR

So could be a problem if it happens in the next 11 and 7 years then. Sounds fine, I'm sure that will be enough time to sort it all out.

What are the falsified facts by the way?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

SNP and the climate emergency on 08:23 - May 1 with 2701 viewsridethewave

SNP and the climate emergency on 07:56 - Apr 29 by jonno

They can absolutely continue to use the pound. What has been ruled out is a formal currency union. There is nothing to stop any country in the world using the pound as their base currency. Hardly the 'independence' the SNP are looking for though!
SNP and the climate emergency on 09:57 - May 1 with 2670 viewsjonno

SNP and the climate emergency on 08:23 - May 1 by ridethewave

They can absolutely continue to use the pound. What has been ruled out is a formal currency union. There is nothing to stop any country in the world using the pound as their base currency. Hardly the 'independence' the SNP are looking for though!

Exactly. Of course, any country in the world could use the pound sterling as their currency if they so wished, but they would have no control over monetary policy such as interest rates etc. They would not then be "independent".
SNP and the climate emergency on 10:09 - May 1 with 2661 viewsstevec

SNP and the climate emergency on 20:21 - Apr 30 by kensalriser

So could be a problem if it happens in the next 11 and 7 years then. Sounds fine, I'm sure that will be enough time to sort it all out.

What are the falsified facts by the way?

Made my laugh when that useful stooge Attenborough said deforestation was happening on an unprecedented scale due to societies need for palm oil.

What he didn't say was 50% of Palm Oil is being used to create bio fuels!

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.
SNP and the climate emergency on 10:10 - May 1 with 2659 viewsCaptainPugwash

SNP and the climate emergency on 13:39 - Apr 30 by ahoz

Spot on. Climate change (formerly named global warming till that was rightly discredited) is a tool of globalists to tax us, the common people. Gorbachev in the late 90's spoke of a new world order which would be achieved by getting people concerned about the environment . All aided by junk science, false data and a biased media.
We need to look after our earth, but a lot of what is being proposed is, well, preposterous.

Arrrrrrrr....
It allus started in 1968 Me Hearties.

https://recyclewashington.wordpress.com/2010/04/29/unraveling-the-club-of-rome-p

Yo Ho!
SNP and the climate emergency on 13:09 - May 1 with 2563 viewsQPR_John

SNP and the climate emergency on 08:23 - May 1 by ridethewave

An real question but where would they get the banknotes and coins from.
SNP and the climate emergency on 18:55 - May 1 with 2479 viewsdistortR

god, i wish i hadn't said anything now.
SNP and the climate emergency on 07:27 - May 2 with 2388 viewsjonno

SNP and the climate emergency on 13:09 - May 1 by QPR_John

An real question but where would they get the banknotes and coins from.

They would pay the Royal Mint to make them. The Royal Mint makes currency/banknotes for a number of other countries as well as the UK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024