Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Ainsworth 10:23 - Apr 30 with 16293 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Now 1/3 favourite to be our new manager

Let’s Rock and Roll
Gareth Ainsworth on 10:25 - Apr 30 with 5639 viewsloftboy

Great another legend who will be hounded out by the boo boys

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:30 - Apr 30 with 5596 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Someone has 'lumped' a tenner on then!
Gareth Ainsworth on 10:34 - Apr 30 with 5571 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:25 - Apr 30 by loftboy

A couple of years ago I’d have agreed with you but think our fans have been remarkably patient with the last couple of managers. Considering the amount of games lossed etc. Not sure you could really class him as a football legend anyway. He’s just a fcking great guy

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:04 - Apr 30 with 5464 viewsToast_R

Not so sure about this one. Does he still think himself as a Rock Star?
How well can he rub off on the youngsters from West London when he might be perceived as a bit of a pratt to them?

Think I'd prefer Darren Moor but I'd really like us to try and snare Scott Parker from the Fools if they ain't going to make him permanent.
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:05 - Apr 30 with 5462 viewshubble

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:04 - Apr 30 by Toast_R

How well can he rub off on the youngsters from West London when he might be perceived as a bit of a pratt to them?

Think I'd prefer Darren Moor but I'd really like us to try and snare Scott Parker from the Fools if they ain't going to make him permanent.

What makes you think Scott Parker would be any good? Little evidence so far.
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:06 - Apr 30 with 5451 viewsblacky200

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:34 - Apr 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

A couple of years ago I’d have agreed with you but think our fans have been remarkably patient with the last couple of managers. Considering the amount of games lossed etc. Not sure you could really class him as a football legend anyway. He’s just a fcking great guy

Not a football legend but a QPR one. Anyone who tries to run off broken leg and puts in the effort every game he played is top of my estimation compared to some of players we have now. Not sure if I want him as manager though.
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:12 - Apr 30 with 5420 viewsToast_R

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:05 - Apr 30 by hubble

What makes you think Scott Parker would be any good? Little evidence so far.

Well, they've just won their last 3 matches - nearly doubling their total for the season. Seem to have improved since he took over but I dunno, something about him which makes me think he'd be a good manager and know how to encourage his players. I thought he was really under rated as a player, should have got more England caps and seemed to have a real self determination. That drive and endeavour and a real pro, nothing flash or fancy dan, no celebrity lifestyle.

I reckon he's our guy if the situation should present itself.
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:19 - Apr 30 with 5387 viewsLunarJetman

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:12 - Apr 30 by Toast_R

Well, they've just won their last 3 matches - nearly doubling their total for the season. Seem to have improved since he took over but I dunno, something about him which makes me think he'd be a good manager and know how to encourage his players. I thought he was really under rated as a player, should have got more England caps and seemed to have a real self determination. That drive and endeavour and a real pro, nothing flash or fancy dan, no celebrity lifestyle.

I reckon he's our guy if the situation should present itself.

Getting a manager in based on his last three games is just pure QPR....
Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:38 - Apr 30 with 5293 viewsthame_hoops

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:04 - Apr 30 by Toast_R

If he starts rubbing off on the youngsters I think he will be fired pretty quick
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:50 - Apr 30 with 5229 viewsJuzzie

Gareth Ainsworth on 10:25 - Apr 30 by loftboy

Let's create some juvenile names already while we're here..... Gareth Notworth, Hogwarts hairnet, .....
Gareth Ainsworth on 11:52 - Apr 30 with 5210 viewsbosh67

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:38 - Apr 30 by thame_hoops

If he starts rubbing off on the youngsters I think he will be fired pretty quick

Or ordained.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:10 - Apr 30 with 5107 viewsRs_Holy

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:06 - Apr 30 by blacky200

Not a football legend but a QPR one. Anyone who tries to run off broken leg and puts in the effort every game he played is top of my estimation compared to some of players we have now. Not sure if I want him as manager though.

I loved the moment when Wild Thang was on the deck with an oppo player about to run past him with the ball! Ainsworth proceeded to tackle the fella with his head... yep his head!...
Also scored those 2 amazing goals at Rushden and Diamonds... the one he volleyed was a proper wowser moment.
Gareth Ainsworth on 12:21 - Apr 30 with 5045 viewsrunningman75

I remember the game against Blackpool when he played a blinder. Hottest day ever in London. Him and Langley were amazing that day. Legend.
Gareth Ainsworth on 12:23 - Apr 30 with 5017 viewsRangersDave

please god no, please god and all thats holy NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Gareth doesnt need a QPR sized blemish on his record, and i fear for him and his legend status.

Don't do it Gareth, dodge the bullet.... please!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:26 - Apr 30 with 5005 viewsJJB

Any manager worth his salt wouldn't touch the QPR job.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:29 - Apr 30 with 4986 viewsHooped_Pullie

What changes in 24 hours...Moore & Warburton the last two yesterday, now today Gareth is back in the frame.

At this rate, Holloway will be back as a surprise appointment
Gareth Ainsworth on 12:46 - Apr 30 with 4883 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wouldn't argue with this appointment. He's done a phenomenal job there on no resources at all. Desperate to come here, which is a plus after some of the other managers in recent history. People ay Wycombe haven't done well this year, but it's a minor miracle they're even in that league.
Far, far worse appointments out there. And he always did well in his 19 spells as caretaker.

Bare bones.

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:50 - Apr 30 with 4848 viewsfrancisbowles

I'd be happy with Gareth. He has been at Wycombe for several years now, managing on a shoestring with some success and probably time for him to take a, small, step up. Don't know if he would work with our existing coaches including Eustace. Might save a bit of money in redundancies and add a bit of continuity to what we have been trying to do, if he or anyone else did.

I see him mainly as a motivator and having gone from a motivator and got better for a while, only to regress without one, maybe that is what we are in most need of now, especially the way the confidence has been drained since Christmas.
Gareth Ainsworth on 12:54 - Apr 30 with 4823 viewsDando

Shaun Derry is to leave his job as first-team coach of League One club Oxford United at the end of the season.

Former Notts County and Cambridge United boss Derry joined the U's at the start of the season to assist head coach Karl Robinson.

The 41-year-old ex-QPR and Crystal Palace midfielder has decided to "explore new opportunities".

Derry said: "I will be really sad to leave Oxford. It's a fantastic club and I have enjoyed every minute."

Coincidence only?
Gareth Ainsworth on 13:09 - Apr 30 with 4734 viewsrunningman75

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:54 - Apr 30 by Dando

Shaun Derry is to leave his job as first-team coach of League One club Oxford United at the end of the season.

Former Notts County and Cambridge United boss Derry joined the U's at the start of the season to assist head coach Karl Robinson.

The 41-year-old ex-QPR and Crystal Palace midfielder has decided to "explore new opportunities".

Derry said: "I will be really sad to leave Oxford. It's a fantastic club and I have enjoyed every minute."

Coincidence only?

Dream team if true. I work shifts so can not attend all games but would be buying my membership as soon as available if this occurs.
Gareth Ainsworth on 13:09 - Apr 30 with 4732 viewsBlackCrowe

Wild Thing, ably assisted by Derry My Lord maybe? Kill two legends with one stone, good work that. (although i secretly quite like the dangerous prospect)

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Gareth Ainsworth on 13:11 - Apr 30 with 4709 viewsted_hendrix

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:50 - Apr 30 by francisbowles

I'd be happy with Gareth. He has been at Wycombe for several years now, managing on a shoestring with some success and probably time for him to take a, small, step up. Don't know if he would work with our existing coaches including Eustace. Might save a bit of money in redundancies and add a bit of continuity to what we have been trying to do, if he or anyone else did.

I see him mainly as a motivator and having gone from a motivator and got better for a while, only to regress without one, maybe that is what we are in most need of now, especially the way the confidence has been drained since Christmas.

Dunno about Gareth and I know even less about WW other than they've struggled this season at the wrong end of the table and flirted with relegation themselves.
Assuming WW have had financial restraints imposed then Gareth coming here next season is going to be working under the same situation no?
I don't want any QPR legends managing QPR, from now on what I do want is a Manager on board who can keep us in this league next season, whoever that bloke is he is going to have one hell of a job on his hands, not quite sure Gareth is that bloke, not saying he wont be but I cant see the attraction in employing GA at the moment.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gareth Ainsworth on 13:15 - Apr 30 with 4681 viewsMytch_QPR

Gareth Ainsworth on 11:50 - Apr 30 by Juzzie

Let's create some juvenile names already while we're here..... Gareth Notworth, Hogwarts hairnet, .....

Gareth Aimless I reckon - the 'wild card' entry. It would be a risk - but if no one ever takes the risk and gives someone the opportunity then careers would never progress.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2019 13:18]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Gareth Ainsworth on 13:17 - Apr 30 with 4662 viewsHayesender

Gareth Ainsworth on 12:21 - Apr 30 by runningman75

I remember the game against Blackpool when he played a blinder. Hottest day ever in London. Him and Langley were amazing that day. Legend.

I believe that was his debut for us. Over 100° inside Loftus road and we won 5-0. Think I lost about 2 stones just celebrating the goals

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Gareth Ainsworth on 13:20 - Apr 30 with 4642 viewsCroydonCaptJack

When we were on the box against Watford, Him and Michael Owen were being interviewed near us in R Block. We were all singing 'Gareth is a Ranger' and he looked up at us and nodded. He loves the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024