Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Baker 11:42 - May 9 with 30938 viewsToast_R

Sacked from his BBC job, oh dear.

Stay off Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48212693

Danny Baker on 15:36 - May 10 with 2635 viewsWadR

Danny Baker on 14:30 - May 10 by EastR

I disagree. Give 'em enough rope and they'll do the job themselves.That guy was shown up to be the intellectual giant he believes himself to be in his own downstairs loo.

Didn't know who he was before lunchtime today but if anyone ever tried to hold him up in a serious conversation as a great thinker and champion of the right I don't think I'd be able to stop laughing.

But, shamefully, Shapiro has over 2 million followers, his own book and a radio show for him to propagate his views. Whereas, through deplatforming, the likes of Milo Yiannopolous (sp?) and Alex Jones have lost their means of spreading hatefulness.

Shapiro is trending in the UK today and even if the majority of people who had never heard of him before, like yourself, see him for the laughable hack that he is, there are still a minority of would-be incels that will be swayed by him.

Re: Danny Baker, I agree with everything Robith has said in this thread.
Danny Baker on 15:39 - May 10 with 2607 viewssmegma

Danny Baker on 09:44 - May 10 by RangersDave

I was listening to a few peeps comment on various radio channels yesterday on a long drive across country and quite a few mentioned that the PG tip adds could not be shown on TV now because of of the racist themes behind it!!

Now i'm not sure i ever had this in my thoughts ever. I just say the advert as chimps dressed like workers doing a job and looking great / funny (oh and talking)..

Is this racist? i mean really?

I'd go further by banning tea full stop. If you ban it no need to advertise it. Devils spawn.
Danny Baker on 16:04 - May 10 with 2542 viewsmarkrtid

Danny Baker on 15:39 - May 10 by smegma

I'd go further by banning tea full stop. If you ban it no need to advertise it. Devils spawn.

Its PG gone mad.
Danny Baker on 16:43 - May 10 with 2464 viewsflynnbo

Danny Baker on 14:14 - May 10 by EastR

In fairness Andrew Neil tore that bloke a new one in that interview and he (BS - very apt that) ended up coming out of it looking like a right chump

Are we allowed to say"chump"?
Danny Baker on 17:14 - May 10 with 2396 viewsFDC

Danny Baker on 15:36 - May 10 by WadR

But, shamefully, Shapiro has over 2 million followers, his own book and a radio show for him to propagate his views. Whereas, through deplatforming, the likes of Milo Yiannopolous (sp?) and Alex Jones have lost their means of spreading hatefulness.

Shapiro is trending in the UK today and even if the majority of people who had never heard of him before, like yourself, see him for the laughable hack that he is, there are still a minority of would-be incels that will be swayed by him.

Re: Danny Baker, I agree with everything Robith has said in this thread.

Totally agree.

The idea that you beat reactionaries and the likes of Shapiro by giving them airtime and then showing them up by winning the argument is totally wrong, for lots of reasons.

We can see that it is wrong because it has demonstrably never worked like that in the history of mankind.

We can also see that its wrong because the likes of Shaprio and co *flourish* by being demonised. You are not going to beat them by getting Andrew Neil to call them out.

You might well say "Yes well I believe in the market place of ideas and other such lovely liberal things", and that's fine. My point is just that the argument that "giving them rope to hang them self" is an effective way of beating alt-right edge-lords who thrive on confrontation is pretty daft.

Shaprio is not going to suddenly have an epiphany and realise the error of his ways after being presented with enough facts and figures.
[Post edited 10 May 2019 17:18]
Danny Baker on 17:18 - May 10 with 2381 viewsDannyPaddox

Danny Baker on 15:39 - May 10 by smegma

Give tea a chance ...

Danny Baker on 17:35 - May 10 with 2325 viewsBluce_Ree

Danny Baker on 12:29 - May 10 by rsonist

Lol stay owned.

Delusionist more like.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Danny Baker on 17:50 - May 10 with 2300 viewsrsonist

Danny Baker on 14:27 - May 10 by robith

I didn't realise I had to document my every thought on a QPR message board for your oversight PP!

For your ledger

1. Diane Abbott (I presume) isn't a racist. She is also a legitimately elected representative of this country. Shapiro is a guy who posts incessant racism on the internet all day. I think it's deeply disingenuous to try and equate the two because you dislike the former (your prerogative)

2. I genuinely had never heard of alibhai- brown, but after a cursory google shows that she worked for a New Labour think tank and then supported the Lib Dems, so I doubt I have much to agree on with her.

Mostly however I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved because no one on this board really cares for my opinion, and I worry that I just make things toxic by trying to put across an alternative view. Feel free to riposte, but I'll leave it there cos otherwise we'll just go round in pointless circles when we don't agree and are unlikely to ever to tbh
[Post edited 10 May 2019 14:27]

Could maybe try adding a trigger warning before your posts so this peaceful caring gammon safe-space has a chance not to get offended.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Baker on 18:05 - May 10 with 2263 viewsBluce_Ree

This game of '18 year old woke student on Twitter bingo' is going great.

Trigger - tick
Gammon - tick
Whataboutery - tick
Snowflake - tick
Safe-space - tick

If you'd just call someone a nazi I think one of us could shout 'full house' and Clive could close the thread.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Danny Baker on 18:25 - May 10 with 2228 viewspaulparker

Danny Baker on 18:05 - May 10 by Bluce_Ree

Trigger - tick
Gammon - tick
Whataboutery - tick
Snowflake - tick
Safe-space - tick

If you'd just call someone a nazi I think one of us could shout 'full house' and Clive could close the thread.

That’s what they want mate, they don’t listen to reasoned argument, they want to shout the loudest and anyone else is a narrow minded bigot , then surprise surprise the thread gets deleted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Baker on 18:43 - May 10 with 2203 viewsloftboy

Danny Baker on 15:34 - May 10 by paulparker

Danny Baker isn’t a racist either but hasn’t stopped you from taking delight in him getting the tin tac
Abbott can be elected all she likes she has come out with racist comments that makes her a racist or does it not count when you racist towards white people ?
What she has said is worse than what Danny Baker has done , oh yeah and it was said on Twitter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16423278

Not to mention her comment on Orthodox Jews and “that costume they wear”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Danny Baker on 18:48 - May 10 with 2192 viewsNorthernr

Trigger - tick
Gammon - tick
Whataboutery - tick
Snowflake - tick
Safe-space - tick

Ooooh, closing the thread. That would be great.

Come on peeps, play nice, it's been quite interesting and well reasoned on both sides of this so far.

PS
- This Shapiro character, is that actually his voice? Or does he put it on for comic effect?
- Calling Andrew Neil a leftie. I mean who needs facts and research when you can just spew bolox everywhere and get away with it?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Danny Baker on 18:58 - May 10 with 2170 viewsrsonist

Danny Baker on 18:48 - May 10 by Northernr

Ooooh, closing the thread. That would be great.

Come on peeps, play nice, it's been quite interesting and well reasoned on both sides of this so far.

PS
- This Shapiro character, is that actually his voice? Or does he put it on for comic effect?
- Calling Andrew Neil a leftie. I mean who needs facts and research when you can just spew bolox everywhere and get away with it?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Also see free speech firebrand Jordan Peterson telling people to tidy their rooms with the voice of Kermit the frog.
Danny Baker on 18:58 - May 10 with 2169 viewspaulparker

Danny Baker on 18:43 - May 10 by loftboy

Not to mention her comment on Orthodox Jews and “that costume they wear”

Yeah but she isn’t racist though, she is an elected MP so that excludes her

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Baker on 19:03 - May 10 with 2148 viewsdannyblue

Trigger - tick
Gammon - tick
Whataboutery - tick
Snowflake - tick
Safe-space - tick

strange I normally associate most of those bingo words with:

Virtue signalling
SJW
No platforming
Metropolitan elite
Libtard
Danny Baker on 19:10 - May 10 with 2132 viewsrsonist

Danny Baker on 18:25 - May 10 by paulparker

That’s what they want mate, they don’t listen to reasoned argument, they want to shout the loudest and anyone else is a narrow minded bigot , then surprise surprise the thread gets deleted

Clearly I was employing the vernacular to satirical effect, keep up.

I have also explained myself pretty clearly ITT point-by-point but sure, carry on believing that "chill out", "you're wrong and there's no point debating", "PC luvvy twitter mobs", "b-b-but Diane Abbott" etc is "reasoned argument" and not false victimhood coping bollocks.
Danny Baker on 19:20 - May 10 with 2099 viewspaulparker

Danny Baker on 19:10 - May 10 by rsonist

Clearly I was employing the vernacular to satirical effect, keep up.

I have also explained myself pretty clearly ITT point-by-point but sure, carry on believing that "chill out", "you're wrong and there's no point debating", "PC luvvy twitter mobs", "b-b-but Diane Abbott" etc is "reasoned argument" and not false victimhood coping bollocks.

Danny Baker on 19:34 - May 10 with 2059 viewsWadR

Danny Baker on 18:58 - May 10 by paulparker

Yeah but she isn’t racist though, she is an elected MP so that excludes her

That's a willful misinterpretation of what Robith said. His point, or at least my interpretation of it, was the marked difference between inviting an active elected MP onto a British tv political programme and some American 'dark web intellectual' (genuinely the most laughable term of all time) who isn't even aware of Andrew Neil's political leanings.
[Post edited 10 May 2019 19:35]
Danny Baker on 19:38 - May 10 with 2045 viewsBluce_Ree

Right, moving on from that nightmare, I do notice that Baker's apology (as quoted on here earlier today) isn't being accepted by Twitter users at all. He's being called a racist and various other things. There's literally no pleasing them. Essentially the whole thing is a horrible culture of people mobbing up and hurting someone the only way they can which in this case is professionally and really they won't be happy with any punishment.

Essentially, in the eyes of those people, all he can do is hide away forever until he dies as anyone hiring him to do any work will be accused of supporting nazis or something.

What a tedious period in human history this is.

Danny Baker on 21:52 - May 10 with 1892 viewsWEAREAWFUL

Danny Baker on 19:38 - May 10 by Bluce_Ree

Right, moving on from that nightmare, I do notice that Baker's apology (as quoted on here earlier today) isn't being accepted by Twitter users at all. He's being called a racist and various other things. There's literally no pleasing them. Essentially the whole thing is a horrible culture of people mobbing up and hurting someone the only way they can which in this case is professionally and really they won't be happy with any punishment.

Essentially, in the eyes of those people, all he can do is hide away forever until he dies as anyone hiring him to do any work will be accused of supporting nazis or something.

What a tedious period in human history this is.

danny baker can apologize till hell freezes over , or the skylarks come home to roost, and it will not make a ha'penth of difference. as long as you have a community of liberal left leaning commentators and moderators, running social media and boards like this one you will only be allowed one point of view to be broadcast . poor danny fell for the 3 card trick
Danny Baker on 22:09 - May 10 with 1844 viewsMrSheen

A decade ago, I would never have imagined that a generation of politicians and activists would have taken Mary Whitehouse as their role model. Like Mrs W, they have identified a body of opinions and material so vile as likely to corrupt and deprave the general public, that needs to be insulated and protected from it at all costs. Nevertheless, also like Mrs W, they are blessed with a superpower that gives them immunity from this evil.

I’m not sure what I find more surprising:

Their lack of confidence in the strength of their own beliefs, that they think suppressing the alternatives is more important than promoting their own.

The low opinion of the intelligence and character of everyone outside their immediate circle, that we can’t be trusted to be exposed to this pernicious evil that somehow leaves them untouched.

Their confidence that the Red Guards won’t turn the same weapons of ostracism and career extinction on them one day - viz the current warfare between TERFs and TRAs
[Post edited 10 May 2019 22:59]
Danny Baker on 22:10 - May 10 with 1839 viewsMaggsinho

Danny Baker on 21:52 - May 10 by WEAREAWFUL

danny baker can apologize till hell freezes over , or the skylarks come home to roost, and it will not make a ha'penth of difference. as long as you have a community of liberal left leaning commentators and moderators, running social media and boards like this one you will only be allowed one point of view to be broadcast . poor danny fell for the 3 card trick

If this board only allows one point of view why is this is discussion still up?
Danny Baker on 22:16 - May 10 with 1819 viewsLadbrokeR

Danny Baker on 07:16 - May 10 by distortR

can everyone just grow up a bit?

Danny Baker - think before you open your mouth or loosen your thumbs.

the mob - put your pitchforks down, they're not needed here. Baker was thoughtless, not racist. BIG DIFFERENCE.

the nation - can we stop revering people just because they are born or marry into a certain family? ffs, how are we going to mature as a people while we still do this?

behold your past oppressors.

behold the status quo.

revere it.

don't get me started on liverpool

For the record I haven’t got a pitch fork but you’re entitled to your opinion. So when does being thoughtless become racism .
Danny Baker on 22:17 - May 10 with 1807 viewskensalriser

Danny Baker on 21:52 - May 10 by WEAREAWFUL

Poor Danny is a liberal left-leaning lifelong Labour supporter.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Danny Baker on 22:48 - May 10 with 1739 viewsBoston

Danny Baker on 22:17 - May 10 by kensalriser

Poor Danny is a liberal left-leaning lifelong Labour supporter.

….and there's us thinking cannibalism was something in Papua New Guinea.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024