Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Baker 11:42 - May 9 with 31126 viewsToast_R

Sacked from his BBC job, oh dear.

Stay off Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48212693

Danny Baker on 19:27 - May 12 with 3218 viewsWEAREAWFUL

Danny Baker on 13:39 - May 12 by CiderwithRsie

Ah, an attention seeker. May I recommend to everyone the excellent "Ignore poster" button?

yes attention seeker alert , seems a bit " pot and kettle" to me pal. i guess you once had a pint with laurie lee
Danny Baker on 21:18 - May 12 with 3055 viewsPunteR

Danny Baker on 13:41 - May 12 by rsonist

The people to whom Baker's tweet is directly and unambiguously offensive really don't exist to you do they? It's all just students and lefties and whatever other cliche strawmen you picture yourself heroically crusading against.

Tolerance and understanding should only apply to those who flout it, it seems.

I can only assume you were offended judging by your reaction.? Of course they exist.
I dont view this as a left or right thing and i don't picture myself on a heroic crusade.
Tolerance and understanding works both ways.
Just because someone gets offended by something doesn't make them automatically in the right does it?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Danny Baker on 22:33 - May 12 with 2933 viewsBoston

Danny Baker should face the full force of the law for using the word oppro...opprob...opprobriupyerbum...wtf is that all about!

The BBC gave Farage vast amounts of air time because they underestimated him.
[Post edited 12 May 2019 23:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Danny Baker on 23:02 - May 12 with 2916 viewsSharpy36

Danny Baker on 16:33 - May 12 by Nov77

4 weeks old.
90,000 members
34% and rising.

Vote the Brexitparty

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Danny Baker on 23:15 - May 12 with 2893 viewsPunteR

Danny Baker on 23:02 - May 12 by Sharpy36

4 weeks old.
90,000 members
34% and rising.

Vote the Brexitparty

Is this turning into a Brexit thread now?

Danny Baker on 23:44 - May 12 with 2862 viewsSharpy36

Just pointing out that for someone who is labeled "He’s devious, dangerous and dishonest" is doing rather well.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Danny Baker on 23:44 - May 12 with 2860 viewsTacticalR

Danny Baker on 23:15 - May 12 by PunteR

All threads lead to Brexit.

Air hostess clique

Danny Baker on 23:59 - May 12 with 2827 viewsPunteR

Danny Baker on 23:44 - May 12 by Sharpy36

Just pointing out that for someone who is labeled "He’s devious, dangerous and dishonest" is doing rather well.

Maybe he's doing well because he is devious and dishonest.?
As with everything its all just hot air.. just words, soundbites, monkey pics. No one is really doing anything just pointing the finger at one another.
[Post edited 13 May 2019 1:57]

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Baker on 00:21 - May 13 with 2811 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Back to Danny Baker. As a mate of mine said the other day.

"He's always been a bit of an idiot. He's still a bit of an idiot".

Sums it up for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Danny Baker on 04:12 - May 13 with 2755 viewsSydneyRs

Danny Baker on 23:44 - May 12 by Sharpy36

Those "qualities" have never been a barrier to success. Quite the opposite in fact.
Danny Baker on 09:20 - May 13 with 2624 viewsElHoop

Danny Baker on 16:33 - May 12 by Nov77

Lineker - the man who wants to talk about football but not get his hands dirty and who wants to talk about politics and not get his hands dirty there either.

Farage is purely an off-road Brexit vehicle.

Metaphorically speaking you wouldn't want to use him to drive the kids to school or to go up the M6 to visit the mother in law.

I think that we all know that he has some dodgy views on other subjects, which is always likely to be the case when a party is a one man band. However, he's the only vaguely consistent show in town on Brexit and that's why he'll do so well next week. Come the next general election I wouldn't expect him to have any chance of winning seats, despite what some polls might indicate at the moment.
Danny Baker on 13:24 - May 13 with 2475 viewsElHoop

I see that there's a story going around that the royal baby is actually partly named after George Harrison - couldn't resist this one - sorry.

Danny Baker on 13:26 - May 13 with 2463 viewsPunteR

Great name Archie.

Danny Baker on 15:27 - May 13 with 2343 viewsBoston

Danny Baker on 13:26 - May 13 by PunteR

Great name Archie.

...if you’re bald.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Danny Baker on 15:32 - May 13 with 2329 viewsPunteR

Danny Baker on 15:27 - May 13 by Boston

...if you’re bald.

Baldist.

Danny Baker on 16:23 - May 13 with 2257 viewsqprd

Danny Baker on 15:34 - May 10 by paulparker

Danny Baker isn’t a racist either but hasn’t stopped you from taking delight in him getting the tin tac
Abbott can be elected all she likes she has come out with racist comments that makes her a racist or does it not count when you racist towards white people ?
What she has said is worse than what Danny Baker has done , oh yeah and it was said on Twitter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16423278

i dont think its as racist, no. you cant divorce a comment from its historical context. saying something racially charged to a person from a group which is historically oppressed is more reprehensible than saying something to a person from a group which has not been so

ironically, you seem to suffer from the same victim complex that you criticise "PC" people of having
Danny Baker on 16:26 - May 13 with 2252 viewsNorthernr

Danny Baker on 23:15 - May 12 by PunteR

It is not.
Danny Baker on 14:26 - Jun 13 with 1771 viewspaulparker

Double standards from the Beeb again where it’s acceptable to promote acid throwing but not lose your job

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Baker on 14:31 - Jun 13 with 1748 viewsrunningman75

Danny Baker on 14:26 - Jun 13 by paulparker

Double standards from the Beeb again where it’s acceptable to promote acid throwing but not lose your job

I agree am not a fan of Farage but even milkshake throwing is extreme.
Danny Baker on 15:09 - Jun 13 with 1665 viewsAntti_Heinola

Danny Baker on 14:26 - Jun 13 by paulparker

Agree with your sentiment, but, really, Jo Brand did not in any way 'promote acid throwing'. In fact, the opposite.

“Well, yes, I would say that, but I think that’s because certain unpleasant characters are being thrown to the fore, and they’re very, very easy to hate, and I’m kind of thinking, why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid? That’s just me, sorry. I’m not gonna do it; it’s purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do. Sorry.”

Bare bones.

Danny Baker on 15:42 - Jun 13 with 1580 viewsPhildo

Danny Baker on 15:09 - Jun 13 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with your sentiment, but, really, Jo Brand did not in any way 'promote acid throwing'. In fact, the opposite.

“Well, yes, I would say that, but I think that’s because certain unpleasant characters are being thrown to the fore, and they’re very, very easy to hate, and I’m kind of thinking, why bother with a milkshake when you could get some battery acid? That’s just me, sorry. I’m not gonna do it; it’s purely a fantasy, but I think milkshakes are pathetic, I honestly do. Sorry.”

Agreed and the programme was called Heresy - clue was in the title.

Never found Jo Brand very funny but this is surely people who say people now get upset too easily getting upset too easily.

Not that I think Baker should have been sacked either.

Also presumably Brand is a freelancer so could not be sacked anyway?
Danny Baker on 16:08 - Jun 13 with 1524 viewsAntti_Heinola

Danny Baker on 15:42 - Jun 13 by Phildo

Agreed and the programme was called Heresy - clue was in the title.

Never found Jo Brand very funny but this is surely people who say people now get upset too easily getting upset too easily.

Not that I think Baker should have been sacked either.

Also presumably Brand is a freelancer so could not be sacked anyway?

indeed, yes.

I think Jo Brand is great, though. Her nurses sitcom is lovely.

Bare bones.

Danny Baker on 16:09 - Jun 13 with 1522 viewsW12Mikey

It's depressingly predictable that the usual left of centre posters on this board are now defending Jo Brand's disgraceful comments. I'm baffled by how anyone can think her comments were the opposite of promoting acid throwing. "Comedians" on the left seem to have a free pass to say anything they like on the basis it is "satire" whereas if anyone right of centre had said it you would all be calling them fascists. And in this case it doesn't even have the justification of being sick but funny because it wouldn't raise the faintest smile.
Since she is freelance, I imagine the BBC could just drop her if they wanted, or at least not renew her contract, but unfortunately I doubt that will happen.
Danny Baker on 16:17 - Jun 13 with 1492 viewsstevec

If a monkey threw acid over Nigel Farage, would Jo Brand get sacked and Danny Baker reinstated?
Danny Baker on 16:53 - Jun 13 with 1426 viewsHayesender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43864133

The authorities aren't even trying to hide their double standards anymore

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024