Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Podcast live, part one 16:40 - May 10 with 2889 viewsNorthernr

With Ian Holloway being very Ian Holloway.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50317
Podcast live, part one on 18:09 - May 10 with 2773 viewsWestbourneR

I do think it was extraordinary to sack him after the he'd clearly turned the corner with the team, the formation was right and the young players were coming through. He'd kept us up with Sylla, Smith and Washington - which is remarkable.

That said... listening to that... I really don't miss the rambling rubbish he speaks a lot of the time.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Podcast live, part one on 18:28 - May 10 with 2756 viewsNorthernr

Podcast live, part one on 18:09 - May 10 by WestbourneR

I do think it was extraordinary to sack him after the he'd clearly turned the corner with the team, the formation was right and the young players were coming through. He'd kept us up with Sylla, Smith and Washington - which is remarkable.

That said... listening to that... I really don't miss the rambling rubbish he speaks a lot of the time.

Fair.
Podcast live, part one on 18:43 - May 10 with 2738 viewsrsonist

Would have been a tough sell giving the job to Sherwood after moving Ollie along for being unprofessional erratic confrontational etc.

Warburton at least offers a consistency and attempt at correction wrt The McClaren Reasoning (worst Ludlum thriller ever) and some continuity in terms of the working environment the players were so often positive about - as far as we can take what players say in public at face value anyway.
Podcast live, part one on 21:19 - May 10 with 2590 viewsthame_hoops

Ollie came across a bit strange if I’m honest

Edit- let’s talk about the stoke game for the 100th time but let’s forget what we’ve said previously 😂
[Post edited 10 May 2019 21:29]
Podcast live, part one on 21:46 - May 10 with 2552 viewsozexile

Podcast live, part one on 21:19 - May 10 by thame_hoops

Ollie came across a bit strange if I’m honest

Edit- let’s talk about the stoke game for the 100th time but let’s forget what we’ve said previously 😂
[Post edited 10 May 2019 21:29]

Agree I didn't enjoy it much. Like an old drunk uncle that you dread bumping into on the high street.
Podcast live, part one on 02:48 - May 11 with 2372 viewstimcocking

He did come across exactly was he always does. Have to love the guy, so genuine and nice. We live in different times now, though, a corporate world with social media acting as judge and jury, he just comes across as...a little odd, something of a potential liability. What must somebody like Lee Hoos make of Ollie? I can understand why the board wouldn't want any part of that. The first question was answered with a rambling one hour monologue ranging from...well covering life, the universe and everything. We stir up enough controversy as it is, without having a manager who might say something unhelpful at any moment.

Refreshing to hear somebody who will actually say something, though. I was amazed to hear him having a major pop like that at Steve McLaren.

[Post edited 11 May 2019 5:26]
Podcast live, part one on 09:56 - May 11 with 2243 viewsDejR_vu

Same as he ever was. Obviously loves the club. Full of passion and pride on the one hand, long, rambling, sometimes a bit incoherent answers to straightforward questions on the other.

I thought the SM thing was a bit weird. SM basically made an off the cuff derogatory remark, in a game they were losing, to try and ruffle him a bit. That’s the basis of IH’s bitterness towards him what, 35 years later? Seriously? Especially when he then went on to say that he thought Pulis was probably right in asserting that Bircham cheated to get Taggart sent off. So, on the one hand someone makes a pretty inconsequential remark he doesn’t like and he holds a grudge for decades, and on the other someone else he accepts may have got an opponent sent off by cheating and he loves him and gives him a job as his assistant. Bit contradictory. I would imagine trying to manage him would be like trying to tip-tie through a china shop with an elephant strapped to your back.

He’s the sort of bloke who’s so infectious you’d definitely want around, but think you’re playing with fire having as manager. I’ve always thought he’d actually be better suited as a number two as the good cop to the Manager’s bad.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Podcast live, part one on 10:16 - May 11 with 2226 viewsPunteR

Podcast live, part one on 09:56 - May 11 by DejR_vu

Same as he ever was. Obviously loves the club. Full of passion and pride on the one hand, long, rambling, sometimes a bit incoherent answers to straightforward questions on the other.

I thought the SM thing was a bit weird. SM basically made an off the cuff derogatory remark, in a game they were losing, to try and ruffle him a bit. That’s the basis of IH’s bitterness towards him what, 35 years later? Seriously? Especially when he then went on to say that he thought Pulis was probably right in asserting that Bircham cheated to get Taggart sent off. So, on the one hand someone makes a pretty inconsequential remark he doesn’t like and he holds a grudge for decades, and on the other someone else he accepts may have got an opponent sent off by cheating and he loves him and gives him a job as his assistant. Bit contradictory. I would imagine trying to manage him would be like trying to tip-tie through a china shop with an elephant strapped to your back.

He’s the sort of bloke who’s so infectious you’d definitely want around, but think you’re playing with fire having as manager. I’ve always thought he’d actually be better suited as a number two as the good cop to the Manager’s bad.

I thought he was trying to convey SM as just in it for the money and its just a job to him whereby Ollie was more passionate about the beautiful game.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Podcast live, part one on 12:26 - May 11 with 2168 viewsDorse

I love that man.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Podcast live, part one (n/t) on 01:15 - May 12 with 1876 viewsSirNose

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 5:13]
Podcast live, part one on 09:22 - May 12 with 1652 viewsenfieldargh

My sons thought he was too OTT and a little bit cringe-worthy which they felt made him a little bit insincere and crawley crawley bum lick. They do love him though.

Me I thought he was inspiring, captivating and held that room in the palm of his hands. Great when things are going well but when they continually go wrong(2nd run of 6 consecutive defeats) you can see some players would find his get up and go and big ummmpphhhh approach a bit jarring.

Wanted to ask him why he dropped Paul Smyth after he'd done so well and he criticised the club(SM) for loaning him out but I felt if your in the middle of shagging Charleze Theron you dont mention that he mascara is slightly smudged and her nose is running.

He was also slightly pissed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Podcast live, part one on 09:32 - May 12 with 1634 viewsdaveB

Only heard part one and he did ramble on a bit and was playing upto the crowd but wasn't really asked much about his second spell at the club which I thought was a shame but understandable as he was clearly a bit pissed and god knows what he'd have said
Podcast live, part one on 20:46 - May 12 with 1390 viewssmegma

His backing of our current owners has nothing to do with him still being paid by the club ??
Podcast live, part one on 23:42 - May 12 with 1233 viewsdaveB

Podcast live, part one on 20:46 - May 12 by smegma

His backing of our current owners has nothing to do with him still being paid by the club ??

I think a lot of it is due to him knowing if they pull the money out we are fecked
Podcast live, part one on 00:08 - May 13 with 1208 viewsToast_R

Good interview, really love the bloke's passion and honesty.
Funny that no one has the heart to tell him the Swindon debacles were not the season we finished 5th, but hey... I'll let him off, the message about complacency is still the same.
Podcast live, part one on 11:23 - May 13 with 1062 viewsNorthernr

Podcast live, part one on 00:08 - May 13 by Toast_R

Good interview, really love the bloke's passion and honesty.
Funny that no one has the heart to tell him the Swindon debacles were not the season we finished 5th, but hey... I'll let him off, the message about complacency is still the same.

He makes that mistake every time he mentions them.
Podcast live, part one on 11:29 - May 13 with 1041 viewspaulparker

People moan about the lack of characters into today’s game and bleat on about foootballers living in different worlds to the normal folk etc yet we have a fella who cares about us is a bit brash a bit off his head yet all we want to do is slag him off
So what if he had a drink and went in a bit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024