Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburton press conference 09:41 - May 15 with 7539 viewsNorthernr

For want of something better to do with their time, the club are holding a press conference with Warburton live on the Facepaint. Blowing the dust of Bondy's piano here from 1030...

Ok, 18 minutes late.

First question is "why will you succeed where so many have failed before". Crikey, morning Mark...

Never refer to other managers, everybody comes in with their own expectations. I spoke to the owners, LF and LH, heard their plans for the club, where they see it in five years, the foundations they're building and my role in that. Got a good feeling. At Brentford we had to build, play young, use the academy which is so well run here, play football the fans will enjoy.

Honest in the interview, spoke my mind, how I see the game and how I will go about work. It aligned. I like what I heard about the club. The financial situation is well documented but the plans for sustainability and moving forwards were very impressive.

The club has had well documented problems. the job of the board and owners is to make sure it's on a sound footing. I know what we can and can't do, and how we can build the squad. the clarity is there.

Is it just about survival next season?
You'd never say anything to a group of players that makes them think we will accept average. We want to be the best we can be. We want to create an environment and hope the players respond. It's a tough division.

On the released list...
I've been here days, I know many of the players, we understand the financial situation, some tough decisions have had to be made, it's for the good of the club. We're doing the right thing by the club for the long term health and welfare of the club. We want to use the young players here and use the market wisely.

We'll be active, looking at players young and old. You have to have experience in this tough league but we want youthful energy and desire. Every club will be saying the same, there are good young players out there who will benefit from playing for QPR and we need to balance that with experienced players.

Would never be critical of the previous manager. Everybody has their own ideas. I know how I want the team to play, how I want the players to come in and work at training every day.

On staff appointments...
The worst mistake you can make in any business is walk in and make changes without seeing what the existing staff can do. I tried to sign Eustace for Rangers but his injury situation didn't allow. Neil worked at Arsenal for 20 years, he knows world class.

Dave Sexton story klaxon.

I hope the fans' passion is still strong. We want to give the supporters more information - this is what we're doing, this is what we're trying to achieve. It galls me when I hear about giving less information to the supporters, we want to keep them informed going forwards about what we're doing.

What next...
Straight away, pre-season programme. The players will have clarity on that. We're looking at the contract situation of players. I'm talking to Chris Ramsey, who's done a magnificent job, about who might be ready. Using transfer market and loan market wisely. Then we're looking ahead to structuring work and introducing the players to the style of play we want to use. They come to work here every day, they have to enjoy that, this place needs to be the best it can be, the food, the programme. We want to challenge them every day and we want them to enjoy coming to work with us every day.

You need players who have seniority, maturity and physicality to deal with the league. Look at the game last night, that's what's involved. You want the youthful players and they have to be mentored by smart, experienced players. 24 teams come back in July and say they're going to go for it, by November some slip away, time keeping drops, standards drop. We have to maintain that.

I'm excited. I enjoyed meeting the owners, chatting to Lee and Les. You have to ask the right questions and get the right answers back.

And that's your lot. Disappointing we didn't get to hear who he fancies for the US PGA this weekend.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warburton press conference on 10:00 - May 15 with 5282 viewsterryb

Are we in for a treat of your report on the news conference Clive?

I used to really enjoy those back in the day!
Warburton press conference on 10:16 - May 15 with 5234 viewsNorthernr

Warburton press conference on 10:00 - May 15 by terryb

Are we in for a treat of your report on the news conference Clive?

I used to really enjoy those back in the day!

Yeh I'll tap it up here, although they're usually a bit short these days as the broadcast questions are so limited.

Gone are the days when we used to get 'Arry talking about the Ryder Cup for 25 minutes.
Warburton press conference on 10:20 - May 15 with 5207 viewspaulparker

Il save you the time

Great club
Great owners
Big challenge
Financial constraints
Top bloke is Les
Fans close to the pitch
Sextons 70s side
We will play a certain way
Fans want to be entertained

Sorted

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Warburton press conference on 10:31 - May 15 with 5160 viewsRblockPrior

Warburton press conference on 10:20 - May 15 by paulparker

Il save you the time

Great club
Great owners
Big challenge
Financial constraints
Top bloke is Les
Fans close to the pitch
Sextons 70s side
We will play a certain way
Fans want to be entertained

Sorted

Absolutely spot on! That will save a lot of people valuable time.

Would be amazed if we learn anything more than that

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Warburton press conference on 10:32 - May 15 with 5133 views2Thomas2Bowles

Another baking show

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warburton press conference on 10:38 - May 15 with 5086 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has it been canceled like the JK show

Warburton press conference on 10:38 - May 15 with 5101 viewsfrancisbowles

Well I'm on the official facebook page and I can't find it yet. Am I missing something?
Warburton press conference on 10:41 - May 15 with 5052 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warburton press conference on 10:38 - May 15 by francisbowles

Well I'm on the official facebook page and I can't find it yet. Am I missing something?

You have to pay, £47 + admin fees +VAT

Login to get fewer ads

Warburton press conference on 10:43 - May 15 with 5032 views2Thomas2Bowles

They forgot to turn the oven on

Warburton press conference on 10:44 - May 15 with 5039 viewspastieR

Warburton press conference on 10:38 - May 15 by francisbowles

facebook.com/OfficialQPRFC/videos/595410017613697/
just started
[Post edited 15 May 2019 10:47]
Warburton press conference on 10:51 - May 15 with 4943 views2Thomas2Bowles

I knew I'd seen him before, that's where he has been

[Post edited 15 May 2019 10:52]

Warburton press conference on 10:55 - May 15 with 4905 viewsToast_R

Have they brought the Muppet's out yet?
Warburton press conference on 11:17 - May 15 with 4745 viewsconnell10

Warburton press conference on 10:55 - May 15 by Toast_R

Have they brought the Muppet's out yet?

No uncle Tony is to busy playing with his planes!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warburton press conference on 11:42 - May 15 with 4600 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Anyone know what the stick man on the suit is all about?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton press conference on 11:43 - May 15 with 4594 viewsMaggsinho

Warburton press conference on 11:42 - May 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

Anyone know what the stick man on the suit is all about?

Prostate cancer awareness.
Warburton press conference on 11:52 - May 15 with 4558 viewsspencer

What do fans want the new manager to say ?
Anyone can say anything they like - some fans will buy into it others will moan ...

Not like a lot of fans on here who seem to know a lot about Warburton...Seemed to do a decent enough job at Brentford...low profile....we dodged Tim Sherwood.

My expectations for this season are very low, lower than last season. We have some talented young players here and coming back from loans. If we are able to secure some experienced(not mercenary) heads and add them to the squad...who knows what we might achieve.
Warburton press conference on 11:56 - May 15 with 4532 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Warburton press conference on 11:43 - May 15 by Maggsinho

Prostate cancer awareness.

Thanks. I knew it was something like that but couldn’t remember.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburton press conference on 12:49 - May 15 with 4306 viewsrsonist

"Morning Mark welcome to QPR, what makes you think you can succeed here when so many other managers in the last five six years have failed?"

Can't really blame him for playing it terse when this is the opening pitch...
Warburton press conference on 12:54 - May 15 with 4282 viewsTonto

Warburton press conference on 11:56 - May 15 by CliveWilsonSaid

Thanks. I knew it was something like that but couldn’t remember.

so its not working very well then...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Warburton press conference on 12:56 - May 15 with 4267 viewsrsonist

Also to be fair they literally forced him to repeat the Sexton story, please unsound the klaxon.
Warburton press conference on 13:07 - May 15 with 4196 viewsNorthernr

NEVER. I shall blow my horn whenever I please.
Warburton press conference on 13:10 - May 15 with 4169 viewspaesanu

When managers have to repeat the tropes and cliches of previous managers, you start listening to how they say it rather than what.

I find him pretty articulate and likeable, and what matters is if the players will too. If they can buy into his personality and marry it with their talent and motivation... well that's all you can hope for and be excited for.
[Post edited 16 May 2019 10:42]

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Warburton press conference on 13:14 - May 15 with 4134 viewsNorthernr

I've been quite impressed with him so far. Certainly compared to the absolute waffle and powerpoint nonsense McClaren served up for us last summer, and (although I love him) Holloway's long rambles.

It's a horrendously difficult job but he talks positively about it, rather than getting excuses in early. The questions this morning gave him ample chance to talk about having little money to spend, having senior players leaving, problems the club faces, but he brushed that aside, accentuated positives and how excited he was about the job. Made it very clear he'd come in with eyes wide open to everything and knew the score, again unlike McClaren who was already tearing up plans this time last year.

Impressed with everything he says about how things will be planned with specific goals and style of play in mind, and players will know exactly where they are, what they're doing and why weeks in advance. Although, to an extent, we've heard versions of that before - toughest pre-season ever and so on. It does sound a lot more progressive, positive and forward thinking than running them up and down concrete hills though.

Also liked his answer to the "can it be anything other than a season of trying to survive?" questions, where he said you would never go into a season making it clear to players that average is acceptable.

Also interesting comment on giving as much information to the fans as possible. I think that blanket "to be competitive" answer to any question regarding expectations and aims was on the brink of really starting to annoy people.

Speaks well. Like him.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Warburton press conference on 13:18 - May 15 with 4078 viewsrsonist

Warburton press conference on 13:07 - May 15 by Northernr

NEVER. I shall blow my horn whenever I please.

Warburton press conference on 16:31 - May 15 with 3483 viewsTonto

Jimmy Saville tooted whenever he pleased and look what happened to him...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024