Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 53049 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:19 - Jun 14 with 1945 viewsAntti_Heinola

Some good batting to come though. I think Holder is a terrific player (and leader).
Just don't let Stokes bowl to Brathwaite ;)

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:34 - Jun 14 with 1919 viewsElHoop

These two have steadied the ship pretty well in the circumstances. Given them a chance of setting 300 plus, which they'll need. Conditions will probably improve for batting.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:29 - Jun 14 with 1874 viewsMrSheen

Morgan knacked now. Who knows what a beatable score is.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:32 - Jun 14 with 1868 viewsted_hendrix

Archer on a hat-trick.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:31 - Jun 14 with 1843 viewsjonno

If England don't win this they want shooting. They bowled very well.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:39 - Jun 14 with 1836 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:31 - Jun 14 by jonno

Cheer up mate!

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:52 - Jun 14 with 1824 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:31 - Jun 14 by jonno

So far so good, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see them at 40/4 against these bowlers.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:38 - Jun 14 with 1790 viewsTonto

with 2 batsmen out, keeping wickets intact was vital. But this has been a dream start from Bairstow a Root. Its only4 an over now - that almost test match speed. Don't take risks and e should cruise this.

If it all goes tis up you can blame me

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:11 - Jun 14 with 1762 viewsElHoop

Effing ada he's having a bowl!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:32 - Jun 14 with 1743 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:52 - Jun 14 by MrSheen

So far so good, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see them at 40/4 against these bowlers.

i dont rate these windies bowlers at all... bowling short at medium pace is basically hitting practice for joe root
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:50 - Jun 14 with 1720 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:39 - Jun 14 by Antti_Heinola

Cheer up mate!

Haha. It's just that I've seen England mess up from winning positions too many times! Not today though.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:18 - Jun 14 with 1697 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:50 - Jun 14 by jonno

Haha. It's just that I've seen England mess up from winning positions too many times! Not today though.

i know how you feel!
Root is just absolute class isn't he? What a player.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:03 - Jun 15 with 1627 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:18 - Jun 14 by Antti_Heinola

i know how you feel!
Root is just absolute class isn't he? What a player.

Absolutely, he is. As I've mentioned on here previously, he now seems to have realised that his strength is playing his own game, picking up lots of singles to keep the scoreboard ticking and make the bowler having to keep changing his delivery to a different batsman all the time. Waiting for the bad ball and putting it away for a four with a very low risk approach. Didn't hit a six at all yesterday because slogging is really not his game, he doesn't need to do that. When he tries it, he invariably gets out. By playing a long innings, he gives licence to the big hitters at the other end to whack the ball about, it's a perfect scenario for England; as long as he stays in for 30/35 overs England are pretty much guaranteed a massive score.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:16 - Jun 15 with 1621 viewstimcocking

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:03 - Jun 15 by jonno

Absolutely, he is. As I've mentioned on here previously, he now seems to have realised that his strength is playing his own game, picking up lots of singles to keep the scoreboard ticking and make the bowler having to keep changing his delivery to a different batsman all the time. Waiting for the bad ball and putting it away for a four with a very low risk approach. Didn't hit a six at all yesterday because slogging is really not his game, he doesn't need to do that. When he tries it, he invariably gets out. By playing a long innings, he gives licence to the big hitters at the other end to whack the ball about, it's a perfect scenario for England; as long as he stays in for 30/35 overs England are pretty much guaranteed a massive score.

His younger brother Billy has come in to a struggling Glamorgan side and done very well so far. Being Cardiff born, i'm stuck with Glamorgan unfortunately and we lost every match for ages until Billy recently joined and started resisting stoically...
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:06 - Jun 18 with 1482 viewsCamberleyR

Only Afghanistan I know but England fall just short of 400. Morgan 118 out of his 148 in boundaries!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:07 - Jun 18 with 1480 viewsNov77

Morgan’s 17 sixes is a world record

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:10 - Jun 18 with 1471 viewsCamberleyR

Rashid Khan posts the 9th worst bowling economy rate ever in ODIs and the most expensive figures in World Cup history.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2019 23:43]

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:00 - Jun 21 with 1315 viewsCamberleyR

Fúck me, England making heavy weather chasing 230.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:16 - Jun 21 with 1291 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:00 - Jun 21 by CamberleyR

Fúck me, England making heavy weather chasing 230.

This is really worrying. As usual, we cannot work out Malinga. Tone set with the top 2 going very cheaply. Vince really hasn't taken his chances.
Hales must spend his entire days either punching himself in the face or planning to punch someone at the ECB in the face. Stupid boy.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:25 - Jun 21 with 1278 viewsDixie_CT

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:16 - Jun 21 by Antti_Heinola

This is really worrying. As usual, we cannot work out Malinga. Tone set with the top 2 going very cheaply. Vince really hasn't taken his chances.
Hales must spend his entire days either punching himself in the face or planning to punch someone at the ECB in the face. Stupid boy.

Vince doth not convince!

England are panicking a bit here, that shot by Ali was not needed. Will be a test to see if they can stay calm.

I don’t see this England team beating Australia in ODIs. Warner looks like a man possessed.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:30 - Jun 21 with 1269 viewsaston_hoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:25 - Jun 21 by Dixie_CT

Vince doth not convince!

England are panicking a bit here, that shot by Ali was not needed. Will be a test to see if they can stay calm.

I don’t see this England team beating Australia in ODIs. Warner looks like a man possessed.

Annoying because Vince is an R isn't he? silly shot from Moeen but we should still have enough about us shouldnt we?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:32 - Jun 21 with 1266 viewsCamberleyR

176-7. Down to Stokes now to finish it. If he goes, we're fúcked.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:35 - Jun 21 with 1259 viewsaston_hoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:30 - Jun 21 by aston_hoop

Annoying because Vince is an R isn't he? silly shot from Moeen but we should still have enough about us shouldnt we?

I take that back, Woakes and Rashid gone

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:35 - Jun 21 with 1257 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:32 - Jun 21 by CamberleyR

176-7. Down to Stokes now to finish it. If he goes, we're fúcked.

8 down now.
I said before the World Cup started that Moeen could cost us a game and it looks like this the one.Why play a stupid shot when you need less than a run a ball?
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:42 - Jun 21 with 1239 viewsted_hendrix

Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:35 - Jun 21 by stowmarketrange

8 down now.
I said before the World Cup started that Moeen could cost us a game and it looks like this the one.Why play a stupid shot when you need less than a run a ball?

It's not just Moeen its the whole team that are responsible, Moeen is and always has been an easy target.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024