Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 53567 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:59 - Jun 2 with 2170 viewsMrSheen

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:52 - Jun 2 by jonno

Saffas struggling - lost their first two games and have India next.

Followed by the West Indies. 0 from 4 on the cards.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:58 - Jun 3 with 2004 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 20:59 - Jun 2 by MrSheen

Followed by the West Indies. 0 from 4 on the cards.

I'm not sure why India haven't played yet whilst that will be South Africa's third game - there must be some odd reason I guess.

Bangladesh beating South Africa was a bit surprising - Springboks could be falling apart as you'd have expected them to bowl out the Bangles for less than that. Sri Lanka were woeful. Afghans didn't do too badly against the Aussies - as well as could be expected anyway and they have easier games to come before they face England again.

Today's game will be interesting. I think that Pakistan will show up with their best performance since they arrived here. We've played them here already in the odi series and they lost the Windies here last week, but spin didn't exactly get much of an outing in either game. If it turns here then that's probably the biggest threat to England, otherwise we should win but it might not be too easy.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:25 - Jun 3 with 1937 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:58 - Jun 3 by ElHoop

I'm not sure why India haven't played yet whilst that will be South Africa's third game - there must be some odd reason I guess.

Bangladesh beating South Africa was a bit surprising - Springboks could be falling apart as you'd have expected them to bowl out the Bangles for less than that. Sri Lanka were woeful. Afghans didn't do too badly against the Aussies - as well as could be expected anyway and they have easier games to come before they face England again.

Today's game will be interesting. I think that Pakistan will show up with their best performance since they arrived here. We've played them here already in the odi series and they lost the Windies here last week, but spin didn't exactly get much of an outing in either game. If it turns here then that's probably the biggest threat to England, otherwise we should win but it might not be too easy.

You're right - it won't be easy! Record run chase required by England to win. England's bowling and particularly fielding not as good as usual today.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:28 - Jun 3 with 1929 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:25 - Jun 3 by jonno

You're right - it won't be easy! Record run chase required by England to win. England's bowling and particularly fielding not as good as usual today.

Yeah that's a proper good score.

I think that it comes down to Shadab - if we can knock him around then we'll just about get home, but if he can produce some magic then this might well be 20-30 too many. Should be fun though.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 17:52 - Jun 3 with 1871 viewshubble

This run chase is gripping!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:08 - Jun 3 with 1858 viewsCamberleyR

Need a couple of big overs pretty sharpish otherwise we're gonna fall short.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:17 - Jun 3 with 1846 viewsCamberleyR

All over now. Bloody rubbish against the Windies, typically turn it on against the home team.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:31 - Jun 3 with 1818 viewsted_hendrix

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:17 - Jun 3 by CamberleyR

All over now. Bloody rubbish against the Windies, typically turn it on against the home team.

To think that Pakistan have lost their last 11 OD1's too????

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:41 - Jun 3 with 1805 viewshubble

Been listening on the radio. Gotta say, I prefer it to watching. Fantastic commentary!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:44 - Jun 3 with 1800 viewsthame_hoops

These erratic performances from sub continent teams always makes you wonder doesn’t it....
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:45 - Jun 3 with 1796 viewsBoston

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:41 - Jun 3 by hubble

Been listening on the radio. Gotta say, I prefer it to watching. Fantastic commentary!

Not really a fan of the game but the commentary can have such a timelessly relaxing feel.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:49 - Jun 3 with 1790 viewsCamberleyR

Had a feeling when they got 350 that that was at least 20 too many. Can't have been many occurrences of a team getting two hundreds from batsmen and still losing the match and that was the problem, nobody in the top order apart really from Bairstow chipped in.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:57]

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:53 - Jun 3 with 1777 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:44 - Jun 3 by thame_hoops

These erratic performances from sub continent teams always makes you wonder doesn’t it....

I don't think so these days - wasn't so long ago that it was all pretty stinky though. Against the Windies they knew that they had to score big and it was shit or bust. The same applied today but they carried it off this time.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 21:58 - Jun 3 with 1687 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:49 - Jun 3 by CamberleyR

Had a feeling when they got 350 that that was at least 20 too many. Can't have been many occurrences of a team getting two hundreds from batsmen and still losing the match and that was the problem, nobody in the top order apart really from Bairstow chipped in.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2019 18:57]

partly, but figures-wise we had the best two bowlers and best two batters. Lost it in the field today, unusually for us lately.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:51 - Jun 4 with 1553 viewsjonno

Cricket World Cup thread. on 21:58 - Jun 3 by Antti_Heinola

partly, but figures-wise we had the best two bowlers and best two batters. Lost it in the field today, unusually for us lately.

Exactly. Gave away at least 30 runs with fielding mistakes, overthrows etc. and Roy dropped a vital catch.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:57 - Jun 4 with 1549 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:51 - Jun 4 by jonno

Exactly. Gave away at least 30 runs with fielding mistakes, overthrows etc. and Roy dropped a vital catch.

I didn't think that our body language looked great for a side hoping to win a World Cup. Stokes starts moping about when he can't get the ball away and then he's swishing around his bat again on the way back to the pavilion. Poor.

Rashid is another problem - he was poor with ball yesterday compared to the other spinners on offer and didn't complete his five overs, in which case why exactly is he in the side even on a pitch which gave some assistance to the spinners?

As a result of that it looks as if Morgan will get a two match ban for slow over rate. It's starting to unravel and the chances of it 'coming home' have diminished somewhat since that win against South Africa.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:12 - Jun 4 with 1542 viewsElHoop

Afghanistan v Sri Lanka today - might not be the most exciting game ever seen on paper but should be interesting. The Afghans will be expecting to win this and I'll be hoping that they do - they're slight underdogs in the betting which is attractive. Cardiff looks like avoiding enough of the rain to get a decent game in - fingers crossed.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:04 - Jun 4 with 1510 viewsderbyhoop

You can afford the odd blip in the group stages, but when it gets to the semi-finals it will be the side that turns in 2 decent performances that will win the tournament.
England have the batting and a 1 day bowling attack but they can't afford sloppy days in the field.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:10 - Jun 4 with 1461 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 09:04 - Jun 4 by derbyhoop

You can afford the odd blip in the group stages, but when it gets to the semi-finals it will be the side that turns in 2 decent performances that will win the tournament.
England have the batting and a 1 day bowling attack but they can't afford sloppy days in the field.

Hopefully you are right - they did drop Root early though, it wasn't a case of our fielding being massively inferior to Pakistan's.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:16 - Jun 6 with 1294 viewsjonno

Aussies not liking the chin music!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:32 - Jun 6 with 1217 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:16 - Jun 6 by jonno

Aussies not liking the chin music!

australia is going to give them a taste of their own medicine in the second innings... and unlike the windies, they actually have good bowlers who can ratchet up the pace

should be exciting
Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:08 - Jun 6 with 1190 viewsSnipper

Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:32 - Jun 6 by qprd

australia is going to give them a taste of their own medicine in the second innings... and unlike the windies, they actually have good bowlers who can ratchet up the pace

should be exciting

Chris Gayle given out twice in 3 balls by the umpire. Both reviewed, and both overturned.

The first one actually brushed the stumps instead of hitting the bat. The second one was an awful LBW decision.

The ball is doing things. Will be very interesting.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:19 - Jun 6 with 1130 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:08 - Jun 6 by Snipper

Chris Gayle given out twice in 3 balls by the umpire. Both reviewed, and both overturned.

The first one actually brushed the stumps instead of hitting the bat. The second one was an awful LBW decision.

The ball is doing things. Will be very interesting.

australia is so damn gutsy... to put up 288 from 79/5...

and to steal this result when windies were about 70 runs away with 9 overs and 5 wickets in hand....

brutal
Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:34 - Jun 6 with 1118 viewsflynnbo

Aussies looking good and will be a good bet to win it if they can keep their players fit.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 23:19 - Jun 6 with 1050 viewsqprd

Cricket World Cup thread. on 18:34 - Jun 6 by flynnbo

Aussies looking good and will be a good bet to win it if they can keep their players fit.

i think india will have the biggest issues with health

sharma, dhoni, dhawan, jedhav are all ancient... and pandya is constantly injured...

going to be difficult for them to play so many games in such a short period, especially considering they started a week after everyone else

rahane's conveniently playing at hampshire so maybe jockeying for a recall if india loses someone
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024