Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket World Cup thread. 10:09 - May 21 with 53068 viewsSnipper

Jofra Archer has been named in the squad, and rightly so. He offers genuine pace and he’s still relatively unknown to the other teams. I don’t agree with the omission of David Willey though. I wouldn’t have had Liam Dawson. But hey ho.

This is the first round robin CWC since Australia/New Zealand in 1992. For me, that was the best CWC. Australia were big favourites, but lost their first four games. England are big favourites for this one. Let’s hope we get off to a better start.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 16:40 - Jun 7 with 1968 viewsthame_hoops

What could go against England is we seem to playing at different grounds every game, like a UK tour. Seems to be other teams are having 2 games in a row at same ground
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:45 - Jun 9 with 1840 viewsjonno

Yesterday's match showed that there isn't much between most of the teams. We posted a very big score but struggled to get the better Bangles batters out and at one stage was looking a little worrying.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:21 - Jun 9 with 1795 viewsBlackCrowe

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:45 - Jun 9 by jonno

Yesterday's match showed that there isn't much between most of the teams. We posted a very big score but struggled to get the better Bangles batters out and at one stage was looking a little worrying.

I'm not sure i was overly worried at any stage. They were having to chase over 10 an over early on and simply don't have the batting depth.

But as has shown so far in the world cup, there are A grade sides and B grade, but there are no mickey mouse outfits there this tournament which makes pretty much every game interesting and upsets a real possibility. Loving it.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:02 - Jun 9 with 1728 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:45 - Jun 9 by jonno

Can't agree with that. They were never close to the rate needed and had they tried to get close to the rate, mistakes would have come. On a flat pitch, playing reasonably safely, most teams would get the score they did. In the end, it was complete domination. And we have to remember that Bangladesh have some excellent players. A tricky test negotiated - harder one coming on Friday.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 14:06 - Jun 9 with 1725 viewsozexile

I think the round robin tournament works a lot better than groups. Every game is a pressure match.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 03:51 - Jun 10 with 1589 viewstimcocking

So, that's five times already in this Cricket world cup that batsman have been bowled, only for the bails to steadfastly remain on top of the stumps. But, of course, it's nothing to do with the new electronic stumps and bails being used.

The expression absolute p!ss take springs tp mind.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 07:15 - Jun 10 with 1570 viewsEsox_Lucius

Cricket World Cup thread. on 03:51 - Jun 10 by timcocking

So, that's five times already in this Cricket world cup that batsman have been bowled, only for the bails to steadfastly remain on top of the stumps. But, of course, it's nothing to do with the new electronic stumps and bails being used.

The expression absolute p!ss take springs tp mind.

The simple act of making the bail groove shallower to counteract the weight difference seems to be beyond the capabilities of the organisers.

The grass is always greener.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:04 - Jun 10 with 1526 viewsozexile

I'm intigued by Kohli asking the supporters not to boo smith. It's a noble gesture but this is professional sport not a Sunday afternoon hit out in the park.
The aussies still boo Broad for not walking all those years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:21 - Jun 10 with 1511 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:04 - Jun 10 by ozexile

I'm intigued by Kohli asking the supporters not to boo smith. It's a noble gesture but this is professional sport not a Sunday afternoon hit out in the park.

exactly, and he cheated so the fans are calling him out on it, fair enough! Smith and Warner will grow thicker skin I'm sure.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:30 - Jun 10 with 1512 viewsAntti_Heinola

My preferred solution is silence.
silence when Warner walks out. Silence when he raises his bat for his 77-ball 50. Silence when he goes off.
You'd never get it organised though.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:52 - Jun 10 with 1489 viewsHayesender

Doesn't look like there's gonna be much to any cricket for the next four days. Lovely English summer

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:55 - Jun 10 with 1483 viewsacricketer

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:30 - Jun 10 by Antti_Heinola

My preferred solution is silence.
silence when Warner walks out. Silence when he raises his bat for his 77-ball 50. Silence when he goes off.
You'd never get it organised though.

Or mobile phone recordings of sandpaper rubbing!
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:12 - Jun 10 with 1470 viewsCamberleyR

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:52 - Jun 10 by Hayesender

Doesn't look like there's gonna be much to any cricket for the next four days. Lovely English summer

Always a bit of a risk to play this in the early part of our summer. Of the four previous tournaments to this held over here, two had great weather during it (1975 and 1983) and two had bloody awful damp weather (1979 and 1999).

Maybe should have played the Ashes first and then the WC during August and September when you often get more reliable weather. Playing it later in the summer you would also be able to play day/night matches with the shorter days.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:15 - Jun 10 with 1417 viewsqprd

its a classy gesture from a great statesman for the game

as for kohli, he's actually been in bad odi form and his innings ystd showed. by sheer mental strength, he was able to score 80 regardless, but you can see hes still not yet totally in form with the bat. he was trading strike w pandya quite a bit which says a lot

though the six he hit against mitchell starc ystd was a shot that only he can play, and just pure pure technical masterclass. to hit the best fast bowler in the world like that.... absolute p1ss take
[Post edited 10 Jun 2019 12:16]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 12:25 - Jun 10 with 1400 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:12 - Jun 10 by CamberleyR

Always a bit of a risk to play this in the early part of our summer. Of the four previous tournaments to this held over here, two had great weather during it (1975 and 1983) and two had bloody awful damp weather (1979 and 1999).

Maybe should have played the Ashes first and then the WC during August and September when you often get more reliable weather. Playing it later in the summer you would also be able to play day/night matches with the shorter days.

Global warming eh.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 13:53 - Jun 12 with 1270 viewsaston_hoop

Finally a game! Strong start from the Aussies today but wickets falling like crazy now. Should be scoring a lot better than what they'll end up with.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 15:02 - Jun 12 with 1206 viewsElHoop

Was away for a few days and then the rain came so it seems like ages since I saw any cricket. Today's game could be tight - Pakistan need someone to score big though - 40s and 50s won't get them through this I suspect.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 08:38 - Jun 13 with 1110 viewsTheChef

Not sure how much cricket is going to be played today either.

This could potentially screw some teams' chances of making the semi finals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:23 - Jun 14 with 1033 viewsElHoop

Looks like we'll get a full game today - good toss to win too.

We might knock the Windies over for not many at all here, if we get a couple out early. Hetmeyer might be the one to put up resistance down the order - he's been quiet lately - might be the day he wakes up.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:46 - Jun 14 with 1017 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:23 - Jun 14 by ElHoop

Looks like we'll get a full game today - good toss to win too.

We might knock the Windies over for not many at all here, if we get a couple out early. Hetmeyer might be the one to put up resistance down the order - he's been quiet lately - might be the day he wakes up.

christ mate, if ever there's a post that guarantees Gayle hits 200 in 60 balls, this is it. Rein it in! ;)

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:54 - Jun 14 with 1006 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:46 - Jun 14 by Antti_Heinola

christ mate, if ever there's a post that guarantees Gayle hits 200 in 60 balls, this is it. Rein it in! ;)

Haha. Please no. I'm a Windies fan so I know what they can do - but on a difficult pitch I reckon that they might struggle as there's not much hangaroundability in that line up. But if they can get to 30 overs with three or four down then it'll be a game.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:10 - Jun 14 with 984 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket World Cup thread. on 10:54 - Jun 14 by ElHoop

Haha. Please no. I'm a Windies fan so I know what they can do - but on a difficult pitch I reckon that they might struggle as there's not much hangaroundability in that line up. But if they can get to 30 overs with three or four down then it'll be a game.

That Wood drop already costing us big time. You cannot drop catches like that from him.

Bare bones.

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:16 - Jun 14 with 976 viewsMrSheen

Universe Boss in the mood today. Bat first, sore hip to keep him out of the field, big night out.

Roy pulled a hamstring, possibly.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 11:23]
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:24 - Jun 14 with 954 viewsElHoop

Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:16 - Jun 14 by MrSheen

Universe Boss in the mood today. Bat first, sore hip to keep him out of the field, big night out.

Roy pulled a hamstring, possibly.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 11:23]

Yes the Wood drop is a pain - but I don't think that he'll get a ton. Hope bloody not anyway. You get the impression that Hope wishes he didn't have to bat with him. Gayle just wants to bash it whereas Hope likes to nudge and nurdle his way into the game - impossible with Gayle at the other end.

Gayle unlikely to do much in the field - true. Night out - true.
Cricket World Cup thread. on 11:32 - Jun 14 with 950 viewsMrSheen

Ha, jinxed him! Mission accomplished.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024