Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seb Polter 21:23 - May 27 with 3284 viewssmegma

Just come on as sub in the Bundesliga Relegation 2019 Play Off type game. 3rd bottom of Bundeliga Stuttgart against 3rd placed Bundesliga 2 Union Berlin. 2-2 first leg, 0-0 in the second leg as we approach 90 minutes. No idea if away goalscount for Union.
Seb Polter on 21:34 - May 27 with 3229 viewsBucksRanger

Away goals do count. Union Berlin are promoted.
Seb Polter on 23:12 - May 27 with 2994 viewssmegma

Correction: Polter was an unused sub. In my defence SonOfNorfolt told me he had come on......and he's a Union fan ??!! The pub had loud music playing .
Seb Polter on 23:37 - May 27 with 2941 viewsBoston

Seb Polter on 23:12 - May 27 by smegma

Correction: Polter was an unused sub. In my defence SonOfNorfolt told me he had come on......and he's a Union fan ??!! The pub had loud music playing .

In SonOfNortholts defence...he was only following orders.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Seb Polter on 23:56 - May 27 with 2916 viewsDannyPaddox

Ich bin ein Paddoxer ✌🏼
Seb Polter on 00:21 - May 28 with 2887 viewsSonofNorfolt

In my defence I was peering through the window at the time trying to suppress my impersonation of Dr Strangelove.

Eisern Union
Immer Weider
Eisern Union
Seb Polter on 00:40 - May 28 with 2871 viewssmegma

Seb Polter on 00:21 - May 28 by SonofNorfolt

In my defence I was peering through the window at the time trying to suppress my impersonation of Dr Strangelove.

Eisern Union
Immer Weider
Eisern Union

You were singing Eiser Onion in the pub ??

Mit kase ?? !!
Seb Polter on 01:43 - May 28 with 2828 viewsJigsore

well done Union! and Seb!

Hertha Berlin's stadium is the only German one i've been to so I have a bit of a soft spot for them. bit confused for who I should support for that game, although apparently they haven't played for about 40 years?? i think i'll just enjoy the spectacle

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Seb Polter on 08:56 - May 28 with 2482 viewsBrianWilliamsBeard

They played a few years back in Bundesliga 2 as I went to the game at Hertha. Union had more fans there than could fit in their own ground.
Login to get fewer ads

Seb Polter on 08:59 - May 28 with 2466 viewsMrSheen

I appreciate the "glass half-empty" mentality of calling it a Relegation play-off, not a Promotion play-off.
Seb Polter on 10:10 - May 28 with 2324 viewsterryb

Toni must be really pleassed that he left Union for us!

What chance would any of us have given Union this season after watching us outplay them one week before the start of the season?
Seb Polter on 10:31 - May 28 with 2284 viewsToast_R

We used to have that format didn't we when the Play off concept was first devised. Chelsea went down through it didn't they?

It's a bit sh*t if you ask me. If you've had a shite season you should go down regardless without a chance of a reprieve. Give someone else who's had a good season the chance. Glad we changed the format.
Seb Polter on 10:57 - May 28 with 2214 viewsDannyPaddox

Seb Polter on 10:31 - May 28 by Toast_R

We used to have that format didn't we when the Play off concept was first devised. Chelsea went down through it didn't they?

It's a bit sh*t if you ask me. If you've had a shite season you should go down regardless without a chance of a reprieve. Give someone else who's had a good season the chance. Glad we changed the format.

I totally forgot about that relegation/ promotion play off thing in England till chatting wth some Boro fans last season who told me they were the last to win it - by relegating Chelsea. I like Boro.
Seb Polter on 11:32 - May 28 with 2129 viewsqprewan

Yes they did and I have very happy memories of standing in the middle of the old Shed enjoying watching Chelsea being relegated. After the game the Chelsea fans rioted inside and outside the ground and I think as a result of this they stopped the relegation component to the play offs also back then the playoffs didn't have finals they were just based on two leg matches
Seb Polter on 11:57 - May 28 with 2080 viewsCamberleyR

Yeah, they did. For a reason that escapes me, the first division somehow had 21 teams that season and the bottom three were automatically relegated and the filth who were fourth bottom played off against Middlesbrough who had finished third (the top two got automatic promotion, it was the year Millwall were champions) and Middlesbrough beat them over two legs. They changed it the following season to the format we have now although the one off finals didn't come till a few seasons later.

To this day it's the last time those cúnts were relegated

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Seb Polter on 12:14 - May 28 with 2042 viewsMrSheen

Seb Polter on 11:57 - May 28 by CamberleyR

Yeah, they did. For a reason that escapes me, the first division somehow had 21 teams that season and the bottom three were automatically relegated and the filth who were fourth bottom played off against Middlesbrough who had finished third (the top two got automatic promotion, it was the year Millwall were champions) and Middlesbrough beat them over two legs. They changed it the following season to the format we have now although the one off finals didn't come till a few seasons later.

The only higher division team ever to survive was Charlton, in 1987. They beat Leeds in extra time of a replay at St Andrew’s, after both legs ended 1-0. No penalties in those days. How I laughed.
Seb Polter on 12:54 - May 28 with 1938 viewsDannyPaddox

Seb Polter on 12:14 - May 28 by MrSheen

The only higher division team ever to survive was Charlton, in 1987. They beat Leeds in extra time of a replay at St Andrew’s, after both legs ended 1-0. No penalties in those days. How I laughed.

The 1988 Division 3 Play off was a weird one:

1st Leg: Bristol City 1-3 Walsall
2nd Leg Walsall 0-2 Bristol City

Away goals weren't counted so with the aggregate at 3-3 they took penalties. But the penalties were to decide who would host the replay. Never heard of that before. Walsall won the shoot-out and the replay 4-0.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:47 - May 28 with 1840 viewsDannyPaddox

Seb Polter on 11:57 - May 28 by CamberleyR

Pond Life '88. And Moira Stuart's voice - weird.

[Post edited 28 May 2019 14:29]
Seb Polter on 18:28 - May 28 with 1641 viewsJamieNaz

Seb Polter on 10:10 - May 28 by terryb

Toni must be really pleassed that he left Union for us!

What chance would any of us have given Union this season after watching us outplay them one week before the start of the season?

Didn't Toni also turn down Norwich and sign for us instead?

Awful judgement. Get rid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024