Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer Transfers 10:49 - May 30 with 129705 viewsderbyhoop

There's always lots of speculation, 90% generated by agents. Might be good to have 1 thread.

I don't understand the speculation that has linked us with Adam Matthews from Sunderland, Adam Maher from AZ Alkmaar and Liam Kelly from Livingstone.
Matthews is a RB where we have Furlong, Rangel and Kakay
Maher is a midfielder where, even if Freeman goes, we're not short of options.
Kelly is a keeper. We have Lumley, Ingram and Dieng, unless the latter goes to Glasgow Rangers.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 12:29 - Jun 5 with 5952 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 12:26 - Jun 5 by DavieQPR

Rangel is 37 this November, and a lot of people wanted him re signed this summer, so Wallace is just a kid in comparison. Dieng and Ingram are never going to make it at this club and for their own sakes need to go.

Because they're just not good enough or because they're comparable to Lumley but can't get in the team? If the latter we'd only be repeating the trick with Kelly - or doing it to Lumley.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 12:30]
Summer Transfers on 12:31 - Jun 5 with 5940 viewsBuckR

Summer Transfers on 12:22 - Jun 5 by rsonist

Signing an experienced keeper explicitly as backup (and possibly as additional coach) with Lumley as undisputed #1 makes more sense to me at this point. Better to develop one properly than muddle two.

But what if we're moving Lumley on?
Summer Transfers on 12:35 - Jun 5 with 5926 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 12:31 - Jun 5 by BuckR

But what if we're moving Lumley on?

If so - meaning immediately - then by all means, Kelly looks a great signing in that case. It would surprise me if anyone took the plunge on Lumley this summer though.
Summer Transfers on 12:39 - Jun 5 with 5906 viewsdublinr

Summer Transfers on 11:52 - Jun 5 by Ned_Kennedys

Or -perhaps the new manager has sat down with Les etc and discussed possible signings and agreed on a few names that might be decent for the squad next season?

If this happens, then I expect that's exactly how it went down. Its how we do things. But it hasn't often worked.
When the new manager sits down with the dof to talk about left back, instead of the manager saying 'here's someone. He's getting on, had a serious injury, but he could do a decent job next season' - and getting his man, I'd love it if the dof said 'we need more than that. Here are three young left backs the scouts have been following. We think all of them have the ability, and also potential resale value in two, three years. Have a look at them and choose which one you want'.
We keep hoping against hope that the latest manager will have all the answers, but there aren't too many Warnocks out there. It would be better to have a system - and stick to it.

Summer Transfers on 12:39 - Jun 5 with 5904 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

It doesn’t take much to cause a meltdown on here does it

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer Transfers on 12:51 - Jun 5 with 5838 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 12:39 - Jun 5 by dublinr

If this happens, then I expect that's exactly how it went down. Its how we do things. But it hasn't often worked.
When the new manager sits down with the dof to talk about left back, instead of the manager saying 'here's someone. He's getting on, had a serious injury, but he could do a decent job next season' - and getting his man, I'd love it if the dof said 'we need more than that. Here are three young left backs the scouts have been following. We think all of them have the ability, and also potential resale value in two, three years. Have a look at them and choose which one you want'.
We keep hoping against hope that the latest manager will have all the answers, but there aren't too many Warnocks out there. It would be better to have a system - and stick to it.

This is an extremist (or at least optimistic) take though. I think we also all know that the team lacks nous and not every experienced player is a mercenary crock - and also that a young left back with immediate ability (currently we have none) will be a challenge in our price bracket. It's just a question of balance and opportunity.

Much as I'd love to be in their position it's occasionally worth remembering how Brentford came to LR last season with some of the brightest young resaleable assets in the country in defence and got a number done on them. That's obviously one game against a backdrop of long term security but it's just an example of what you have to juggle.
Summer Transfers on 13:51 - Jun 5 with 5625 viewsR_from_afar

Summer Transfers on 11:35 - Jun 5 by BAWHoops

Lest we forget that Paddy Kenny hadn't played for a year either.

If there's a good player out there who you can purchase at a cut price (£50k in this case) then you get him.
If the scouts feel he's better than Ingram, Dieng and The Pole then it's a no brainer for me

Good point, and then there was Richard Dunne who had also been out for yonks, and he turned out to be excellent for us.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Summer Transfers on 14:38 - Jun 5 with 5519 viewsRblockPrior

I think I learnt a long time ago to give each new player the same chance and opportunity to impress before judging, far to many have either been a lot worse than I expected or exceeded my expectations. As for these 2 from Scotland Warburton must think they will work so lets see what they can do for us

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Login to get fewer ads

Summer Transfers on 15:10 - Jun 5 with 5415 viewsterryb

People keep mentioning Rangel & Dieng as our players.

They are at the moment, but unless they sign new contracts they will cease to be on 30th June.

As the club have not announced that they have accepted the contract that we offered to them, I would sugest that they will be leaving us. The club have certainly been very quiet regarding their contracts being signed.

Who knows if these two players would prove to be a sucess for us, but at £50k for them combined it is hardly a gamble!

Certainly no more than signing Smyth & Manning was!
Summer Transfers on 15:36 - Jun 5 with 5344 viewsEmpireStateRanger

May not be the optimal players we're looking for at the moment, but I'm not going to upset if we nab a promising keeper for limited money and a left back - who seems to be the right sort - on a free.

Now I'll be concerned if Warburton keeps relying on his old players throughout the transfer window, but I don't that will happen.
Summer Transfers on 15:37 - Jun 5 with 5338 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Dieng, Out of Contract, bye

Ingram, Out of confidence. PTSD trying to play out from back with Leistner/Lynch ahead of him. Good keeper but perhaps better for all he gets fresh start elsewhere, bye

Kelly, very good with ball at his feet

So Lumley and Kelly fight out to #1 spot in Warburtons preferred, play out from the back.

Brzozowski, just signed new contract highly rated #3
Summer Transfers on 15:44 - Jun 5 with 5307 viewstkqpr

I remember Les keeping tabs on Southend's Elvis Bwomono, 20yr old full back, i thought he was out of contract this year but not quite sure. Not sure what flank he prefers but could be a shrewd signing. Anybody know anymore on this?
Summer Transfers on 15:51 - Jun 5 with 5279 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Summer Transfers on 15:37 - Jun 5 by WrightUp5hit___

Dieng, Out of Contract, bye

Ingram, Out of confidence. PTSD trying to play out from back with Leistner/Lynch ahead of him. Good keeper but perhaps better for all he gets fresh start elsewhere, bye

Kelly, very good with ball at his feet

So Lumley and Kelly fight out to #1 spot in Warburtons preferred, play out from the back.

Brzozowski, just signed new contract highly rated #3

This is my most likely outcome too.

Although if there really Is money on offer for Lumley then I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new number 1 (possibly Kelly) with Ingram and Brzozowski 2 and 3.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Summer Transfers on 15:55 - Jun 5 with 5254 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 15:44 - Jun 5 by tkqpr

I remember Les keeping tabs on Southend's Elvis Bwomono, 20yr old full back, i thought he was out of contract this year but not quite sure. Not sure what flank he prefers but could be a shrewd signing. Anybody know anymore on this?

IIRC when Les watched Southend the speculation was that Dru Yearwood was the target, but then he is the hyped name there.

Apparently Bwomono (a right back) was on our books until he was 14...
Summer Transfers on 16:30 - Jun 5 with 5135 viewstkqpr

Summer Transfers on 15:55 - Jun 5 by rsonist

IIRC when Les watched Southend the speculation was that Dru Yearwood was the target, but then he is the hyped name there.

Apparently Bwomono (a right back) was on our books until he was 14...

Aha! I was getting mixed up. I remember now, typical QPR/me going to the right club and ending up signing the wrong young talent
Summer Transfers on 17:11 - Jun 5 with 5034 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 16:30 - Jun 5 by tkqpr

Aha! I was getting mixed up. I remember now, typical QPR/me going to the right club and ending up signing the wrong young talent

It was all just speculation in fairness. And Bwomono does look like one to keep an eye on!
Summer Transfers on 20:25 - Jun 5 with 4698 viewsGroveR

Summer Transfers on 13:53 - Jun 4 by Mick_S

Well I never...

Who's the little geezer next to Faurlin?
Summer Transfers on 11:49 - Jun 7 with 4015 viewsderbyhoop

Seems like Kelly and Wallace might be getting close.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Summer Transfers on 13:25 - Jun 7 with 3834 viewsrichranger

Summer Transfers on 11:49 - Jun 7 by derbyhoop

Seems like Kelly and Wallace might be getting close.

Wallace apparently having medical now - guess will be signed by the end of the day?
Summer Transfers on 15:51 - Jun 7 with 3702 viewsDorse

Summer Transfers on 12:39 - Jun 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

It doesn’t take much to cause a meltdown on here does it

QPR fans respectfully inquire about the possibility of signing a centreback.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Summer Transfers on 18:31 - Jun 7 with 3452 viewsOldPedro

Summer Transfers on 13:25 - Jun 7 by richranger

Wallace apparently having medical now - guess will be signed by the end of the day?

From Twitter

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Summer Transfers on 20:08 - Jun 7 with 3266 viewsrsonist

Summer Transfers on 18:31 - Jun 7 by OldPedro

From Twitter

Just a wind up merchant...

[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 20:08]
Summer Transfers on 20:50 - Jun 7 with 3177 viewsMaggsinho

Liam Kelly is in town.

Summer Transfers on 09:46 - Jun 8 with 2826 viewsfrancisbowles

Summer Transfers on 20:50 - Jun 7 by Maggsinho

Liam Kelly is in town.

Is this a spoof as well. Would a Scottish goalkeeper put a cross of St George on his twitter page?
Summer Transfers on 14:20 - Jun 8 with 2623 viewsR_from_afar

Summer Transfers on 09:46 - Jun 8 by francisbowles

Is this a spoof as well. Would a Scottish goalkeeper put a cross of St George on his twitter page?

Good question re the flag but with Twitter, the blue tick usually means that the account is a verified ie genuine one.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024